A Festive Affair Ch. 09-12

Story Info
Will it just be for the season...
9k words
4.62
5.1k
4
0

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 12/01/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers

Chapter Nine

The first day to her working week was busy with several bookkeeping and analysis assignments, taking her concentration to its limit, but she was good at her job, thorough and conscientious.

She finished the day and hurried home, not to be with anyone but to shower and eat her dinner and then wait for Dean to call, which he did from his hotel room, at dead on seven o'clock -- just as he had promised he would.

"This place is a bit of dump," he moaned good naturedly when she asked him.

"Perhaps you should complain to your boss," she suggested archly. "I mean he sends you off to all sorts places, on these important assignments; the least he could do is provide comfortable accommodation."

"I might mention it the next time I talk to him," he mumbled, and she clearly heard his smile. "Now enough about me, how was your day?"

"Oh, my day was much the same as I was expecting. I enjoyed it though."

She curled up on the sofa and they talked for an hour or more, and it was only when her phone buzzed to indicate the low battery that they said their good nights.

It was the same every night. Working in the day and living for evenings when they could make contact with each other and shut out the rest of the world.

Friday came and Shelly thought the day would never end.

But it did.

She did what she had done every other evening, but tonight when they said their goodnights, she knew that she would be seeing him tomorrow.

Their talk was of nothing important but simply about making contact and hearing each other's voice.

"What time will I see you tomorrow?" she asked softly as she prepared to say goodnight to him.

"About... eleven-ish I think, be ready to go out with me."

"Out?" she tried to hide her disappointment, but his knowing chuckle tickled her ear.

"I want you too," he murmured huskily. "Which is why I don't want to come inside; I want us to spend some time together, before we conclude... what we both want."

She swallowed down the brief disappointment, and then smiled at the idea of spending time with Dean.

"I'll be ready and waiting for you," she promised.

*

Shelly spent the morning cleaning her mum's house, going from room to room with the vacuum cleaner, and then finishing with the small box room across from her own bedroom. The room was too small to hold little more than a bed, but the carpet was deep and soft, and at the moment it was empty barring the curtains a wall lamp and the said carpet.

She quickly ran the vacuum cleaner across it and then as she stood admiring the deep red colour, she began to make plans.

*

She did not know where they were going, and so she opted for black jeans with a creamy coloured cashmere jumper, and low-heeled ankle boots.

She heard his car pull up outside and so after grabbing her bag, and slipping into her jacket, she stepped outside to lock up.

"Wait," he instructed as he strode down the path.

She turned to him in surprise but obediently stood waiting.

"You look lovely, Shelly -- as you always do." he muttered huskily.

It was true that she did always look lovely when he saw her, but this morning there was a soft rosy glow about her, that just made him want to hold her.

He bent to kiss her lips and Shelly moved closer eagerly.

"I knew there was a reason why I did not want to come inside." Dean finally said with a rueful twist to his lips.

She felt so soft and her smoky blue eyes were almost begging him to finish what he started.

He laughed lightly and stepped back. "Come on -- I have made some plans for the afternoon and I intend to see them through."

A little thrill of excitement shot through her, at the prospect of a mystery adventure with Dean, and she returned his laugh with one of her own, as he led her to the car and helped her into it.

The day was so full of promise and she was determined to enjoy and savour every little bit of it.

*

He drove with an easy carelessness that had her relaxing against the leather of the seat, and enjoying the light conversation that meant he could keep his concentration on the road but be sociable at the same time. The first part of his plan was not too far away she soon discovered as less than hour later, he drove the car through the wide, open gates, and then down the driveway, where he parked in the visitor's car park.

"You know something," she murmured staring up at the stately home. "I always planned to visit this place -- but until today I never managed to get around to it."

"Me neither, so when I saw this article in the local paper about them reopening after major refurbishments and doing afternoon teas -- I just thought I wanted to share this with you."

She grinned at him and her eyes sparkled with happiness. "I am so glad that you read that article -- and thought of me."

Dean laughed lightly, as he took her hand in his. "The article was pure chance... thinking of you is becoming a way of life!"

He led her through the main door and across the tiled floors to the lady standing there.

"Good afternoon," Dean said. "I booked a reservation for Hamilton -- for two,"

The woman touched her tablet and then smiled. "Ah yes, Mr Hamilton -- if the two of you would like to follow me; I have a table ready for you out on the balcony."

Shelly thought it might be a little chilly sitting out on the balcony, but there were several patio heaters situated strategically and she actually found it quite pleasant.

The afternoon tea, consisted of delicate triangle sandwiches, and bite sized little cakes, both of various varieties. The tea was poured from a china pot and the fragile plates and silver cutlery added to the romance of the experience.

They enjoyed the whole thing together and chatted lightly between bites and sips, and when they were finished Shelly felt pleasantly satisfied if not overly full.

"Shall we walk off our tea through the gardens and then take a stroll around the ground floor of the house?" Dean asked as he stood to help her out of her chair.

"That sounds lovely," she smiled up at him.

Dean seemed to be in no hurry and they toured the grounds and the accessible areas of the house, but in the end, they made their way back to the car.

She sighed as she looked back at the old place.

"I have had a wonderful afternoon tea, Dean," she told him softly. "But the most wonderful part of it is that I got to share it with you."

Dean had been about to open the car door for her, but instead he turned and took her in his arms for a long slow kiss.

He released her with a sigh.

"Where to now," she asked huskily. "Home?"

Dean was sorely tempted to throw away the rest of his plans and simply take her home and spend the rest of the day making long slow love to her.

"No," he said almost regretful. "I planned to take a drive around this part of the countryside, and hoped to just spend some time with you."

Shelly bit back the disappointment, but smiled happily. "That sounds nice, I should like that too."

"You're sure?" he asked uncertainly.

She reached up and kissed him gently on the lips. "I like you Dean," her smile turned into a mischievous grin. "I like you a lot... and for more than just your body."

He laughed ruefully, and shook his head. "That's me told."

He helped her into the car and then strolled round to the driver's side, whistling under his breath as he did so.

*

As they drove around the country side, their talk was of idle chitchat, like favourite movies and foods and so forth. They did not talk about work or family but about themselves in the current place no past or future just likes and dislikes and easy-going subjects.

He parked the car again, and led her inside the countryside hotel and restaurant, and once again he confirmed that he had booked ahead and they were quickly led to a table for the two of them.

The meal was delicious, but if asked afterwards she could not have said what she had eaten, since all she could see and register was the man across from her whose eyes were bright and dark and intense and laughing, and all because of her.

The sun was setting on them by the time he pulled up outside her mum's house, and Shelly looked up at him in the fading light.

"You'll come inside?" she pretty much told him.

Dean gave a crooked little smile. "Is that an order -- or an invitation?" he asked her.

She reached up to kiss him on the lips and her smoky, come to bed eyes were glistening.

"What ever gets you inside," she whispered against his mouth.

"You plan to make use of me?"

Her answering smile was pure wickedness. "Absolutely."

She led him into the silent house, and took her jacket off to hang it up.

"Can I take your jacket as well?" she asked hospitably.

"Thank you," he shrugged out of his own and held it out to her, waiting to see what she would do next.

She glanced at him with a little smile and then began to climb the stairs.

Dean gave a silent little sigh and moved to follow her.

He wanted her so badly that it had been pure torture all afternoon... self-inflicted torture he was quick to admit but he had almost forgotten just how beautiful and sexy she was, in the time that they had been apart, in the days, hour, minutes since he had last seen and been with her. Somewhere along the way he had convinced himself that she was not quite everything he'd made her to be.

One minute in her company and he was just as besotted as the last time he had been with her.

Now he wanted her and she was making it more than obvious that she wanted him too, but the choice he was facing was a small tight single bed, or an uncomfortable floor -- and he so did not want anything to dim his experience with her!

Instead of leading him to her bedroom however, she opened the door opposite, and stepped inside the room.

Curiously and hopefully Dean followed only to stop in the doorway.

The room was empty but for the soft downy quilt, lying on top of the plush looking carpet. Scattered across the floor were large cushions, and pillows, and she had obviously drawn the curtains and switched on the wall lamp before she left, because the room was lit by a soft rosy glow.

The whole room oozed luxury, softness, comfort and seduction.

"Ah Shelly," he murmured with a rueful smile. "What a wasted day we had, when we could have been here all along."

"You like?" she asked with an apprehensive little lick of her top lip.

"It's a wall to wall bed in effect... No lady -- I don't like -- I love what you have done here!"

*

Their love making started off slowly, but quickly grew to urgency and need for fulfilment.

The floor was soft and spongy and incredibly comfortable, but the scattered pillowed proved to be a slight encumbrance as more than once one of them would suddenly disappear beneath them as though being covered by an ocean wave.

"Woman!" Dean growled at one point. "I love this room -- but I just keep losing you!"

Her exquisite features emerged from beneath a pillow and her smoky eyes sparkled as she giggled helplessly.

"Perhaps this was not such a good idea after all!" she laughed.

Dean felt his heart melting as he fell a little deeper for this wonderful, beautiful, sexy woman!

*

It was hours later when Shelly stood in the doorway and watched with open amusement as Dean searched for his clothes.

"It's okay for you -- you just nipped into the next room and dug out fresh clothes!" he complained as he searched for his elusive shoe. "Me... I didn't bring any spares."

"Awww," she sympathised with a mocking little smile.

"Behave yourself -- woman or you'll get a spanking!" He grumbled before pulling out the elusive shoe, with a triumphant, "Ah hah!"

He looked up at Shelly who stood opened mouth and her eyes were positively molten.

"What?" he asked.

"What? Oh... nothing." She blinked and the colour came to her cheeks as she moved away from the door. "The coffee is on, and I will make a start on breakfast."

She almost rushed away, and Dean scratched his head in puzzlement. 'What on earth was that all about?' he wondered to himself as he pulled on the errant shoe and stood up.

He straightened his clothes as he ran through their two second conversation, and then his head came up as he remembered his absent threat.

Surely, she realised that he was only joking.

She was standing at the kitchen sink staring dreamily out of the window, when Dean's strong arms wrapped around her waist, and his breath touched her neck as he nuzzled there.

Shelly sighed and her eyes closed as she leaned back against him.

"Is everything okay?" he asked even as he continued to nuzzle.

"Yes, oh yes everything is perfect."

"Good... you do know that I was joking -- about the spanking comment?" he asked huskily.

Shelly sighed again and he could not quite tell what that sigh meant.

"Yes, I realised that Dean."

The coffee machine gave a popping gurgling noise and Shelly moved away to pour out a hot drink for each of them.

Dean sat down at the table and watched her thoughtfully.

If he did not know better, he would have sworn that that sigh, and her tone was disappointment -- he began to wonder what dark desires Shelly hid beneath her sunny sweet personality -- was there another side to her?


Chapter Ten

He took his time saying goodbye to her, having spent the weekend with her.

"When will I see you again?" she asked huskily as they stood at the front door together.

Dean sighed and rubbed lightly at his stubbled cheek. "I have a mother of a week this week... lots of appointments and meetings; and I have to go away on Thursday and probably won't get back until Monday -- If I am lucky."

Shelly swallowed down the disappointment and smiled up at him. "So much responsibility -- I do hope that your boss appreciates you."

He gave a short laugh. "Not enough I am beginning to think!"

He sighed again as he draped his arms loosely around her. "This is my most busy week, but after this, things are starting to slow down, and I shall definitely not make any more new appointments until the New Year."

"I hope that you can do that. I would hate to think you were doing this just for me?" Shelly asked worriedly.

He smiled in reassurance. "No, I've put in the work and then some; no one will argue with me if I decide to slow down a bit."

She smiled back with relief, and he realised that her concern for him was genuine -- something he'd not had for a long time.

"I can't see you for a little while, but I will call you each and every evening until I can see you again."

He leaned down to kiss her again and Shelly felt that her whole world was exactly as it should be. She was right where she needed to be, and for the first time she silently thanked her ex for his infidelity.

Where ever he was -- good luck and good riddance to him.

**

Dean was as good as he promised, as every single evening he called at seven o'clock dead on and they sat and talked for an hour or so.

They talked about where he was at that moment, or who he had dealt with that day, they talked about her mother who also phoned Shelly on a regular basis and, he always ended their conversation with a husky. "I miss you."

The week limped on and the weekend dragged by, and finally it was Monday again, and yesterday Dean had told her that he would call around to see her this evening.

She got up early and showered and then dressed carefully -- as she thought about Dean, and his first sight of her again after a week.

She smiled as she dressed; she remembered their lovemaking, and the things he had said to her. And the one thing she could not seem to forget was his flippant threat. It has excited her more than anything for a long time now, and she could not seem to forget it. She forced her erotic thoughts to order; she had to go to work first and she needed her mind to be on her job.

Shelly had a very good Monday at work. She was pulled in to assist Mrs Cynthia Baker, one of the firm's senior accountants on a large job, and during their lunch break they chatted together amicably.

"You are very good at getting to the details of a job," Cynthia smiled across at her. "And you are very quick on the keyboard, as well as being deadly accurate -- which is perhaps more important."

"Thank you," Shelly murmured self-consciously.

"Now, I know that you cover a lot of the bookkeeping at the moment, but I am also aware that you are studying for your accountancy as well."

She had never made any secret of her studies and so she simply nodded her head in agreement.

Cynthia fixed her eyes on her suddenly.

"Can I ask... what is your ultimate goal?"

Shelly hesitated for a moment, but then decided on honesty. "I hope to eventually set up on my own," she said simply.

Cynthia smiled and nodded her head in approval. "Yes, I can see you doing that -- and making a success of it."

They finished their lunch in silence, and then went back to the job on hand, Cynthia looked at her again. "Now then if you can get the supplier invoices folder for e to f, and vouch them and tick them off against the supplier ledger...

They worked companionably all afternoon and it was with a sense of satisfaction that Cynthia said. "Great that's that job complete, thank you Shelly for your assistance, you've halved the time it would have taken me on my own."

She smiled at her warmly. "Now, if there is anything that I can do to assist you with your coursework -- just come and let me know."

"Thank you!" Shelly's smile was surprised but just as warm, and the older woman thought just how pretty Shelly was.

She gave an envious little sigh as she watched Shelly pull on her coat ready to leave for the day.

'Ah to be so young and so lovely -- with everything in front of her!'

Shelly had everything to look forward to, whereas Cynthia whilst she wasn't on the brink of retirement, she was not exactly a spring chicken either.

As she thought of her husband waiting at home for her, she smiled softly.

Her life had been good too, so she couldn't grumble and she certainly would not begrudge Shelly anything -- the younger woman was a hard and conscientious worker, and would earn everything she achieved. She was well liked by everyone at the firm and would be missed when she moved on -- as she inevitably would, one day.

The parking where Shelly worked was all but non-existent with just enough spaces for the senior partners and a couple more for clients. However, there was a bus stop situated conveniently at the end of the road, which took her into the city centre, where she could hop on to another bus to get her home, or she could pop into any shops if she felt like it. And so, Shelly was happy to catch the buses morning and evening for work and home, even though it made her journey each way an hour or so long.

The day was almost at an end and the sun had pretty much given up for the day as she walked quickly down her quiet street.

Dean had been there for nearly ten minutes and he sat in his car watching as she walked towards him.

She was wearing a fitted little skirt today, with practical kitten heeled shoes that showed of her dainty feet.

She was wearing a thick parker coat on this chilly day but he could see her hair was scraped back into a no-nonsense French plait.

She looked so prim and proper as she came towards him that he could hardly believe it was the same woman, and try as he might he still could not forget her face when he made that thoughtless comment.

Then she spotted him in his car, and her face lit up.

Dean's breath caught and his heart stalled for a moment as their eyes met and locked.

He knew then that she was the one, the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with; now all he had to do was convince her of that!

"Hi there!" she said with a wide grin as he stepped out of his car.

totallyatease
totallyatease
1,029 Followers