All Comments on 'A Final Valentine'

by PuckIt

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
bigbob2406bigbob2406about 6 years ago

Great story.Really enjoyed it. Thank you.

Sidney43Sidney43about 6 years ago

It is a great story and I vacillated between a four and a five, finally settled on a four. Some things in the story seemed a bit out of reality, like having a heater but not being able to keep a very small house warm enough to keep Angela from almost freezing to death while under thick covers??? There is the issue of furnaces needing electricity to run the forced air fan, unless we are talking about some other heating device. Also having the police ignore eight dead people next door with piles of cash and drugs around is a bit beyond the pale.

Still, there was a lot of great narrative and plot development such as talking to his dead wife. Dreams, delusions, or retreats from reality, who knows. I didn't like the tattoo's on her breasts. I guess they might say something about her bad life experiences, but why on her breasts? The same with shaving her bush, since he wanted her to leave it natural, it seems out of sync with their relationship to me.

ForherloveForherloveabout 6 years ago
Well written

A great story, having been to Lubbock area only once , but family members have told me a bit. Was easy to understand description of the area. Have read several of your entries in the past. You are to be applauded for your writing skills.

yukonnightsyukonnightsabout 6 years ago

Well, I knew it would be good after the first page...that it held me through fifteen pages means it's great! Having been in Lubbock many times, I can relate to the bitter cold as the wind whips through every small crack and the old single pane windows serve mostly to make you feel you've done all you can despite the cold drafts creeping around the edges. Sick, broke, lonely and waiting to die. Such a bleak setting for a love story...but what a great idea, because amid the grime and despair love indeed blossomed and thrived! After taking me down into despair, you slowly lifted me back up to hope. Without exaggeration, I think this is the most creative story I've read here on Lit. (just one last thought about the unfortunate downgrade because of misunderstanding about old heaters; In the older shoddy track homes in Texas, most still have the original convection style wall units...these old relics are simple and reliable...but they don't have a fan. Not a big deal, it's not something most folks would know about.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sydney43

I don't know where you live but older houses here in Texas have no- that's right, zero- insulation. They have layers of plank siding which transmits heat and cold quite nicely. During a recent cold snap, our home- which is heated with a single gas stove heater- was impossible to keep warm. Electric room heaters fixed the problem but Aaron and Angela were without that option. Jest sayin'. BTW, we're moving to a house with central heating and air in 2 months.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Very Enjoyable

Thanks, although you are responsible for hijacking my work day. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
No comment

I don't usually comment on stories.... But this one kept me glued to the pages as it evolved. I've read some of your works before, but I think this is one of your finest. PuckIt - you've earned a 10 star from me.

---Phae137

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
great read

very enjoyable story.

YouamiYouamiabout 6 years ago
A most welcome tale in these evil times

PuckIt

Your simple tale got to me. I suppose being a widower myself I could certainly identify with your male protagonist. Nice to see a bit of faith hope and charity in these otherwise dark and dangerous times. Cheers!

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
HELPING HANDS TO A RESCUE

and good people play It further down the line whenever necessary, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I'm sorry to nitpick, but the disjointed narrative was a little hard to follow at times compared to your other works..

But an excellent story nonetheless

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I loved this story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A far better product...

...than the vast majority of so-called stories on Literotica.

Realistic, gritty, and even believable in the dream sequences without the usual childish claims of irrefutable connections with divinity.

Rather well done!

twotexans4funtwotexans4funover 3 years ago
Great story!

As a lifelong Lubbock resident, I loved your story.

Thanks for taking the time to write it.

I remember a snow storm here in Lubbock like you described and could well see the events as described.

Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

THE RING! don’t stop the proposal! God damn it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing quality writing. I feel like I could go down the block and meet these dear broken people. I love that loved blossomed in this difficult situation. I would have enjoyed the finish with the ring.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous