All Comments on 'A First Date'

by DeniseNoe

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Didnt really like it but it was funny.

Are there really women this dumb?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Nice bit of fluff :)

"Are there really women this dumb?"

Look around you, in your office, at your friends, at the mall.

Of course there are.

And there's guys even dumber.

It's all a matter of perspective.

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
reintroducing: the 'small piece of life' genre

A touching sad and funny story all at the same time; but most importantly - it felt like real life. And since I know from your poems that you like watching old films, it reminded me of films which show, not unlike this story 'a piece of life', namely, the realism of small regular peoples’ lives. Two classic examples for this genre are two Czech films by Milos Forman, which lovingly show regular people's lives. One film is "The Firemen's Ball", the other: "Closely watched trains". If you get a hold of them I belive you will enjoy their style.

DonatienDonatienalmost 16 years ago
Insightful and original

Nice build-up, with unexpected twists and turns of events and in Sabrina's thoughts. And we can only guess the ending...

A very elegant story.

Ken NitsuaKen Nitsuaalmost 16 years ago
Ya gotta start somewhere...

...and being a hooker is probably no different than any other profession. I have no idea whether this is a realistic description of a whore's life, but I found myself rooting for the heroine. Nicely done. Best, Ken

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The amounts of money mentioned are very low, even allowing for this story being 14 years old. And the "rule" about a hooker never kissing a customer is a total myth, as I know from personal experience; almost all of them will kiss a customer lightly, and some will do deep French kissing if the customer is clean and has fresh breath. And this story ends when the action starts, which is a bit weird.

But the mixture of nervousness and sexual arousal as she thinks about becoming a prostitute is well done. All in all 3 out of 5. If you want a similar story done much better then look at Sarah's First Day by Wanderer49.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous