All Comments on 'A Gardening Affair'

by Moondrift

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
daluentdaluentabout 17 years ago
awesome!

Hell of a story. Very well written. She seemed like such a bitch, but the right guy showed up and she opened up like a beautiful rose. Thank you for your talent. Luis

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
She was a bitch!

This is one a few stories where the tagline should be "The devil made me do it". Does this woman ever assume responsibility for her actions?

She cons a man into marrying her using the worst subterfuge ever "I'm pregnant". That in and of itself is despicable, and largely unforgivable; then we must presume she did it because the man could give her a comfortable life. So she is a gold-digger too.

The fact that her husband cheated on her became largely irrelevant. Based upon her actions, in my opinion he had license. Of course, one could not be surprised that the woman herself has an affair. Who could not see that coming?

So they live happily every after because she no longer has her devil tempting her. I am sorry, but where is the hero here? Do I root for the adulterer husband? Do I root for the selfish cheating wife? On the other hand, do I root for the gentle gardener who has no problem boffing another man’s wife? These are all piss-poor choices in a harrowing tale of deception and lust.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 17 years ago
Interesting Story

Interesting to hear the story from Sally's point of view. Well written story.

jack_strawjack_strawabout 17 years ago
clever

I loved this story. It's been a long time since I've read a Lit story where I just absolutely laughed out loud as I did at some of the exchanges between demon and angel. I especially loved the way angel spouted these pious biblical platitudes at every turn. No question, at first Sally is not a very sympathetic character, but two things redeem her. One, she was young and immature; two, she realized her flawed character and seemed to regret her youthful indiscretions. And, besides, when Ken came in to rape and abuse her, all bets were off. Good work.

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 17 years ago
A good story

Some things, and marriages, are just not to be.. She's lucky she found who she needed.. Yeah, the Demon and the Angel are good!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Romantic and erotic

Gday Moondrift,

A nicely written erotic tale of love and redemption. I found it rewarding how Sally grew as a human being as the story progressed.

Angel & Devil made a humorous duo, and had me chuckling at times, adding some needed light relief.

I just have couple of criticisms. I thought you rushed things towards the end, trying to fit a lot into the last section.

I also felt shortchanged when, after a very erotic build up you dismissed Sally & Jim’s eventual sexual union in two sentences.

Also (and I know this is not a criticism of your writing) it pisses me off that Ken got away with rape.

Keep up the good writing mate. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

AngeloM,

Melbourne

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I have a good mind

To report you to Ned Kelly for this you cow poke,why are they called cow pokes ,is it the same a sheep shaggers

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
SOMTIMES TRADING DOWN

ends up with the better half of the pie, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nice tale but

should have got the bastard of a husband and beat the hell out of him....

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
GREAT STORY

but the husband should have had nine colours of shit beaten out of him for raping her.....scum bag...so glad things worked out for them both and a large family and a great business too

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Love iT

this was such a beautiful story

Kookaburra8Kookaburra8over 7 years ago
Much better

Great story, I too agree that the husband should have been accountable for raping her . It good to see some one else agrees with me about your endings. I to thought it was rushed...still I gave you 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good writing but missing/rushed plot

The second half was quite rushed and what happened to Ken wasn't even mentioned except that it felt like he lived happily ever after! That is not so good I guess... Good try though!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous