All Comments on 'A Ghost of a Chance'

by elfin_odalisque

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
JDsellerJDsellerover 19 years ago
A lovely story!!!!

I have been married for close to twenty years now and I was treating my wife much like your charactor was. When I woke up and started to treat my wife like she was my lover rather than a wife and mother our lives together has become terriffic. We as older married couples start to chase the material dreams and forget the important things in life. When we are on our death beds we will want our loved ones there. Not our bank balance. I never will be a millionare but I have the love of a great woman. That is what you have written about. Thanks for reminding us of what is important.

Kanga40Kanga40over 19 years ago
Bloody brilliant

if this doesn't win the valentines contest I'll be VERY surprised.

Well thought out and well written. Few errors.

All in all a fantastic effort.

And, bugger me, it had an ending...

I better go read your other stuff.

And, please, don't leave it so long to write us some more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Dickens No. 2

I Love it, Love it, Love it!

It takes a lot of thought to tell the story with a Dicken's twist.

doormousedoormouseover 19 years ago
Just mind blowing!!!

I wasn't going to read the whole story in one sitting, but I couldn't stop reading!!

Wow, that was so well written. Beautiful story. Bravo to the author, it's simply sensational.

Best of luck in the comp. ;-)

impressiveimpressiveover 19 years ago
My first time ...

... reading in this category. So glad I did! Very, very nice work. Happy Valentine's Day. ~Imp

dreampilot79dreampilot79over 19 years ago
excellent

An excellent story... good work using the dickins twist.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 19 years ago
Beautifully Done!

Excellent imagination on this one! Well written, inspiring characters, and good dialogue. The people tell the story. It doesn't get much better than this. My highest critique is: I wish I had written this!

This should be the clear Valentines Day winner!

Can't wait to see more of your stuff!

Regards!

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
everybody seems to agree

I see myself in this story as someone else has said.... i think i need to do something similar or something.....great story opened my eyes a lot....wife and i will be married 25 years in july it is so easy to forget or get so used to that you look at it as a piece of furniture .....instead of that person you had so much fun with as a young person...keep it up ill now add you to my favorite author list...a plus

willyb220willyb220over 19 years ago
Terrific

One of the best. No doubt about the winner in the Valentines Contest. This story will be in my Keepers file.

Only dark spot in the story was Emma's admission that she would have cheated. Troubling.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 19 years ago
I agree with the poster below, but

It really doesn't detract too much from the basic story. It usually takes 2 to tango! Granted he stood up and said "Yes, my inattention did push you in this direction" but it is true that Em does have an unresolved issue. You always make a choice people. Her husband didn't hold a gun to her head! Perhaps we need to see how Em deals with the fact that she IS capable of being a cheating wife. (Hey everyone wanted to me to write a sequel! what is good for me.....etc :-))

In any event, if I were hubby, I have to admit, I don't know how trusting I would be of Em in the future. Tony would definately get my knee in his nuts! I also had trouble with the "woman has to be true to herself and the hell with everyone else" advice from her father. People who believe that need to stay single. Real marriages require that we all sublimate our self to a greater or lesser extent to make it work. I know there are people out there who are going to say that is sexist and they have a great marriage, blah blah blah.. and I will say great for them. But they have to acknowledge they are in a very small minority.

But still a great read!

cheers

ryu77ryu77over 19 years ago
Loved it!!!!!!!!

Started reading and didn't stop until the end. Nice story.

jackiegirl199jackiegirl199over 19 years ago
A girl after my own heart!

I loved the story! Yes it was a take off on Christmas Carole and yes we knew that David would be the one at the end to win her heart again, but still it was a great read.

Yo took the time to reveal the emotions and thought of the characters, not just the sex.

The hidden passions of women are deep and fierce and if let loose will give both the man and the women untold pleasure and adventure. More of us should overcome our fear and try it!

enovelistenovelistover 19 years ago
A great story...

A great story for "anytime" of the year. I enjoyed the long version of a loving husband and wife finding each other before "the devil" set in.

Well written and although somewhat predictable ending, I still read every word.

I look forward to more of elfin_odalisque's writings.

socrates1948socrates1948over 19 years ago
Brava!

Brava, aspettavo da un po' di tempo una storia così romantica e intensa.

Socrates

kbatekbateabout 19 years ago
Ok I guess!

Its not OK, its Excellent! Well done, great characters and a nice apology to Dickens as well. A story worthy of some "hubris." (although the ghost deserved to get some of emma too)...

Thank you

neonlyteneonlyteabout 19 years ago
Stimulated

Excellent erotic writing.

Quite turned me on!

Softouch911Softouch911about 19 years ago
What great tricks!

You get it all into this one, Elf! Once you get rid of that Val guy, the story starts to rock .... you write sex very very well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Minority vote

Extremely well written story, but, as an old stodgy,I was not crazy about th plot. Emma admittedly heads out for an erotic, adulterous evening with a man she expects to be a coworker, wearing a revealing dress and no underwear. The fact that she actually meets her husband does not alter the fact that she intended to have an affair with coworker. On the other hand, dumbo husband sends her atypical romantic gifts and invitation to dinner all signed as secret admirer, apparently knowing she has the hots for coworker,Tony and is not even surprised when she admits that she expected to meet Tony. Well written story but not about a loving couple. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Slut

What a slut,she's expecting Tony,but is not to disappointed that it was hubby.Once she admitted tha she would have fucked Tony,she should have been told to pack her belongings and to go.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Superb

An excellent story. My thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
5 years later . .

Clever, clever. Erotica for all. No demons, no angels. Some Victorian apologetic inspiration, but are there not some public elements of that moral culture about? Sexual tale up to date with all details. A class effort, for real. Well done. Come back again.

huedogghuedoggover 12 years ago
gave it a 4 star

she came pretty close to being a lying cheating slut. also the husband made a nice save.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
did he get lucky?

She admits she would have fucked Tony if he had been there. Just because he was negligent and put work first, doesn't excuse being a slut for someone else without telling him what was wrong. Not much of a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
she cheated

fun story at least in the end???

lowkeyonelowkeyoneabout 8 years ago
WOW

Excellent. Great story with a happy ending. Thanks.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Very very well done. Hot fuck scenes. A woman finally realizing her desires.

A man finally realizing it was time to man up and be the dominant lover she needs.

Ok yeah, she "would" have cheated, but, come off it, it was needed for the happy ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Lots of praise but here is a dissenter....

I don't think the author understands the concept of fidelity.

If she had a problem in her marriage (inattentive husband). Then she should have talked to him and if he didn't change then divorce him. After that she could screw her work boyfriend. To cheat on her husband without even a word of complaInt was utter betrayal justified by nothing. They were 50/50 responsible for the problems in their marriage, her intended cheating was 100% on her.

The husband was an idiot to neglect her but was even more stupid for taking the responsibility of her planned cheating. He clearly exposed her intention to betray him but then apologised to her!. The very definition of a clueless wimp.

Please understand this for future writing, not to mention all the supporters who also clearly do not understand the nature of her intended treachery but fooled by her husband's guilt trip.

Well written so 4*

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
WHEN A GHOST OF SOME PAST... ENTERS THE RELATIONSHIP

what is a man to do, TK U MLJ LV NV

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

What a stupid, overblown piece of shit about a cheating wife.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous