All Comments on 'A Ghost of a Chance'

by careythomas

Sort by:
  • 153 Comments (Page 2)
Lexiloo571Lexiloo571almost 4 years ago

Good story annie .cal had some issues i see thankyoy for being a good ftiend .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Favorite Story

Of all of your stories this is my favorite. I read this one first and after reading all the others it is still my favorite after reading it again. Cried both times while reading it. Thank you.

DecemberstouchDecemberstouchover 3 years ago
Lovely Story!

Super glad Annie found love! 🤗

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Goodness! What a wonderful story! It actually made me laugh several times! Enjoyed your story immensely! Thank you! Very nice! *Claps*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too much lit...not enough erotica.

A very long read and almost no sex. Judged as erotica this is pretty weak.

RastanuraRastanuraover 3 years ago

I really love the Alexandra Makiverse. You are a great writer.

JoannexxJoannexxover 3 years ago

Such a nice story. So well written. I also shed a tear as the music played!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank You!

Great story very well written. I lost a wfe of 20 years to cancer and despite women throwing themselves at me it was over a year before I could even think about sex or another love. However, that is very unusual for a male. I had a phenomenal marriage. Wonderful love story!

tedibabytedibabyabout 3 years ago
Thank you

A very well written story. You are a masterful storyteller. I laughed, then cried, then grumbled at Cal.

Thank you.

tedi

1Dream4us1Dream4usabout 3 years ago

Another wonderful story! You write beautifully.

Jimbo3948Jimbo3948about 3 years ago

Beautiful story! Loved it.

MelprestigeeditionMelprestigeeditionabout 3 years ago

I allowed myself to bawl my eyes out tyvm

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Look, this just isn't fair. I came here for sexytimes and you made me FEEL THINGS 🥰😭🥺

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Beautiful story. Is it weird that I pictured Brie Larson as Callan the entire time? Love all your stories though. You’re a great author.

puddleofmushpuddleofmushabout 3 years ago

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

When you come to Literotica all hot and heavy, and an entire afternoon later end up smiling at the ceiling with teary eyes and a content heart, deeply contemplating existence!

I will never get over this story, my god!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I thought this was going to be all erotic, and when I started reading it maybe 2 or 3 pages in I almost gave up. It was sounding like a stereotypical dime romance novel, but without the sex. And then I kept reading which lead to me being sad for them both and crying and then happy for them and crying again! And at the end with the song and the love with the whole family, all the emotion hit. You've done more emotionally in 12 pages than 90% of the romance genre I've ever read. The sex parts were alright, but I'm more interested in their wedding, do they decide to have more kids? This could be a complete series and I would read every. single. one. Keep up the wonderful work ❤

tarkabukktarkabukkover 2 years ago

What a wonderful story, consuming the entire range of emotions. Loved it.

Thank you for sharing…

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was so perfect! So sweet, so passionate. Everything a woman's heart desires. Thanks for this beautiful story!

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Ye Gods, simply one of the best written love stories here. So pleased they actually made it but the torments and troubles on their journey were almost too much. So many tear inducing moments. Cannot believe this has not come up in recommendations before but so pleased it now has.

Excellent. Easily 5⛤

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

Fellow readers:

I first encountered the so-called Alexandra Makiverse" in with "Could You Be Mine?" and enjoyed it so much I started in on the rest of the collected works of careythomas. Each of the successive stories can stand on its own, as I say with "Could You Be Mine?" But the author herself suggests a reading order, in the notes she's included under the "Biography" tab of her Literotica profile. If, gentle reader, you follow her prescribed order, I assure you your appreciation of these stories will be enhanced. She is a masterful literary craftsman, and she has created a fully engaging fictional universe.

As fiction it it not real life. Dialog is specially crafted, not natural. Characters, even as well conceived and well developed as we see here, are not the complex melange of good and evil we experience in the real world. And yet the idealized, romanticized world we savor in this chapter of the Makiverse is precious beyond words. Nothing could make the case for gay marriage better than the writings of careythomas. Nowhere else have I found a better, richer depiction of family life among same-sex couples, including the effect on young children.

The world is a better place because of careythomas and her Makiverse. I am deeply grateful to her.

RobcolesRobcolesover 2 years ago

Clicked on this literary artwork by mistake. So glad I did, it’s beautiful.

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonover 2 years ago

When can we expect some more stories about the Makiverse? I read Annie and Cal's tale again and loved it more. We miss you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars.

An entertaining read.

Excellent character development using inner thoughts and conversations to create realistic characters. All the characters are so well portrayed that it is impossible not to love them, warts and all.

I think the plot was predictable. I accurately guessed where the story was going on page 2.

I cannot imagine anyone, even a saint like Annie, flogging a dead horse for nearly a year while silently tolerating the sanitized idealized memory of a ghost.

Somewhere in that time surely Annie should have put out feelers to find out exactly what was going on? To ask what she could do to help the situation.? To determine a time frame?

For her to wait a whole year before just issuing a question with only a yes or no answer is merely flirting with disaster and a severe shortcoming in the plot.

I know Cal was the lawyer not Annie, but Courtroom 101 is don't ask questions you don't know what the answer will be.

Sales Technique 101, don't ask a question you haven't convinced the client to give the answer you want.

And yes, Annie was a salesman. As a small business owner in the service industry, every client she had was there coz she had sold to them. She knew what to do. She knew what had to be done. She knew the technique of how to start the conversations giving both her and Cal plenty of comfortable back out room.

She was not the village idiot type, smiling happily all day while working hard bending bananas in the fruit factory.

Nor was she working merrily down at the bakery cutting the holes out of donuts.

She was a competent business owner and employer. She knew what had to be done and also had all the abilities to achieve her goal in her personal life.

An excellent story though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
carey thomas

gold star champion of the slow burn

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonabout 2 years ago

As Ras Tanura, I dubbed it the Makiverse and we need to read more of Alex, Jess and their world. Include all the wonderful people who inhabit that magic place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Used to teach about bereavement and grief. Portrayal of Cal's dilemmas - fear of forgetting, being disrespectful to memories v. moving forward, attraction, loving and need -are spot on. If this wasn't on Literotica I'd be getting students to read it.

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlalmost 2 years ago

Wow! What a fantastic and moving story. The characters were amazing.

Thank you :) xx

Raymond2415Raymond2415almost 2 years ago

I have read this story over & over and each time it has nearly brought me to tears every time. you are a superb author keep up the great writing.

beddybearbeddybearalmost 2 years ago
Great story

one of the best story from one of the best writer on this site.

Annie is the best character an author could write about. HER story one of the best and each appearance in carey thomas universe showed a person who is funny, had character and she cared about friends. Just ask Alex or Sienna.

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonalmost 2 years ago

Sorry for my recent comment. I confused you with Broken Spokes, about the story:

The Journey.

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrelalmost 2 years ago

Just gave this story 5 🌟's. The writing is high quality and well-paced. I really like the characters and their development. I also have a soft spot for stories like this one.

I do, however, wish Becca had appeared in person to tell Cal that a new love would not dishonor the past. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just finished reading it for the 5th time. Thank you for a fantastic story. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a screen play waiting to happen. I almost never pay to see a movie in the theater, but this I would gladly pay for.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

This a story, carefully crafted from its first word, just to stage that fantastic ending.

Deny it if you can! Cause I know you can't.

XshardaxXshardaxover 1 year ago

This story is so beautiful and the slow burn was totally worth it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A tortuous emotional journey to love... why is it so?

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Just read this for the second time around, it loses nothing and tbh I probably got more detail, but was more frustrated by Cal’s slavish need to be a martyr to Becca’s memory. That said, the comment re it being a carefully crafted story is so on the money, not sure about it only being about that ending though, I think that was the authors equivalent of the “Big Number Finish” usually found in musicals etc, proper job though!

Many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

Yet another great story!

More very relatable and likable characters!

I really like the way you tell a story!

Thanks again!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. Thanks

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlabout 1 year ago

I first read this many months ago and have found the story again. I absolutely adore the story and the characters you depict. It's not often you sit & read something and have a smile plastered your face due to the words, such as the fun flirty banter between the two main characters.

At times, I was frustrated with Cal for not wanting to follow her heart with Annie, but thank God they got there in the end :).

If I could rate this more than 5 stars, I would ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ca_daveca_daveabout 1 year ago

There were many times I wished someone would kick Cal'state ass. Really well done, thank you 5*

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This story is fantastic…the only story to ever make me cry. It resonates so much of my relationship with my now ex (the dead wife won😢) so well written. And a true fairytale ending. Well done Carey

jni551jni55111 months ago

This was a great story and so well written. Congratulations!

docj27adocj27a11 months ago

When I saw this listed as one of Brokenspokes’ favorites I figured it would be good, and I was very right! A beautiful story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

too,too long

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks so much for sharing this beautiful, moving story.

KialaAzulesKialaAzules3 months ago

Wow... Chapters 8 and 9 were hard... I was bawling... Very emotional story... Great job on the writing as always...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It is one of my favorites, and though I have read it before, I love reading again and again.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

Third time reading it and it tears me up just as hard this time as the earlier ones with the power of the emotions you describe.

FlynDutchmanFlynDutchmanabout 2 months ago

Thankyou for a truly amazing story of raw Emotions and personal turmoil while recovering from loss. An emotional journey worth every second spent reading!

sellersricksellersrickabout 1 month ago

This is the 2nd time I’ve read Ghost and, if possible, it was better than the first go round.

Thanks for the fantastic story and writing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercareythomas@careythomas
Twitter: @CareyThomas144 I set up a twitter account to deal with the plagiarizer (but then she blocked me) but now that I have an account, I thought I'd let you all know! . Recommended reading order: Five Years and Four Days Summer and Fall Looking at the Sun A Ghost o...