All Comments on 'A Gilded Cage Ch. 07'

by puella_defututa

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
MasterfuljimMasterfuljimalmost 10 years ago
My thoughts

A well written story and I am enjoying the tale, however.

I know it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind, but she is positively scatterbrained..

She goes from hating and fearing him and wanting to get back at him, to thinking he's not that bad and wanting his babies...all in the space of a bath and breakfast. !!

I can understand her realising the need to placate him for her safety but she has gone from despising the man who murdered her father to all but rolling over and putting her feet in the air, voluntarily giving BJs...and then wanting to escape again.

Sorry, but I am genuinely finding it hard to understand what her actual stance is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Which is it? A queen or a slave? She can't be both.

Does she hate him or want to help him? It can't be both.

This story is one of many that try to delve the mind of the victim, implying a sort of "Stockholm Syndrome" without acknowledging the reality that a strong willed person, regardless of the physical or emotional trauma, will fight to be free.

It assumes that she will hate quietly and sit there sewing or doing women's work because that is all she is good for.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
story

Have to agree with the other two comments. Some of your writing is good but in other instances you seem to contradict your self so making her seem like an idiot who can't make up her mind, good food a pretty dress and all of a sudden he's not so bad!!! good god women must be such mindless creatures to be taken in by this...not... She is either a queen or slave she can't be both. A queen would not sign over her country's assets to a foreigner unless she is a clueless moron. Which you are making her out to be!!

LadyPartsLadyPartsalmost 10 years ago
Mental confusion, very good!

Great job playing up her confusion. I don't get how her kidnapping and gang rape hasn't left her a trembling mess. I think if you show how she compartmentalizes her conflicting thoughts and feelings.... Hey it's your story so tell it how you want to.

Sure wish they had that magic bone knitting injection a few years ago cause god damn broken ribs hurt like FUCK for a LONG fucking time!

muffincakehammymuffincakehammyalmost 10 years ago
Nice!

I was truly hoping that he would give Aneria a pet and I love cats! I am not sure how to put my finger on it but something just isn't right about how Aneria acts. She is being obedient and is performing sexual acts for the lord but still apparently hold a internal hate for him. It is also confusing how Aneria is acting as a slave and a queen. Other than this I love where the story is going and please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Enjoyable...

As to comments re: her state of mind, she is doing what she has to do to survive and is strong. As she processes new events, her mind evolves, and she adapts; thereby altering her position.

AngelBelleAngelBellealmost 10 years ago
Great Story

This has been a very interesting story to follow, you keep throwing be for a loop. I liked this chapter and how you show his sweet side; do not get me wrong though I still see him as a villain. Please keep up Aneira's fighting spirit, she may not win in the end for all that is working against her but I do hope she gets something. Other all great story, I love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Unforgivable

I can understand her doing her best to survive in a bad situation, BUT, he is an abusive rapist who murdered her father. A father whom she loved very much, and was very much loved back in return. You cannot diminish that. There is no coming back from that. That father/daughter relationship is crucially set in stone, even if you try to rewrite it into something lesser, it would come out as a cop out. Personally speaking, I would do anything to destroy the person who hurt my father. There is no coming back from that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Agree with the others

I can understand her giving herself "freely" to placate him but she offered him a bj when one wasn't asked for. That part is a bit confusing. It's easy to forget that she actually wants to escape with her falling to her knees all the time.

I think you have a good story but you need to work on your story telling skills. The dialogue between the lord and Charles seemed robotic. Less telling, more showing. Solid effort though.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Why was the general stroking Rachel's thigh if he has Aneira and is so obsessed with her? Just curious, totally hate him, hope she escapes him and finds her knight in shining armor lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
yes please

Thank you for pointing that with the hand under the table...he is such a bitch! And the whole riding side saddle is more proper...you missed the boat on his bipolar disorder. Slave or not she should have had a response snicker, chuckle, eyeroll. You needed a pause there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
confusing,....

Confusing...and disturbing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

I had hoped that this would turn out to be good, but this is now going in the direction of bullshit.

So, in addition to all the rape, and the beatings, and the torture of her fiance, and the murder of her father and family, she's willingly giving him oral sex after he's basically told her his plan for him to enrich himself by taking all the minerals from her kingdom?

Stop writing. This is shit. She'd have killed him long ago, or at least tried to. And if she failed, as she did in the story, then he'd NEVER let her this kind of autonomy. He'd stick her in a cell, and she'd have committed suicide shortly after, or at least tried so often that he'd have her chained to a bed and heavily sedated.

Honestly if you're planning on having her fall in love with him, you're a worse writer than this story gives you credit. He's simply gone too far too fast, and taken too much from her. And that's ignoring all the beatings he's given her. She'd have jumped off a high balcony several chapters ago, if she has any of the resistance you've tried to write into her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Good going

The difference between this story and others is that Aneira has no where else to go. She realised that after the gang rape. And not every one will have the courage to commit suicide. So I can accept the change in her attitude. After all In real life who can with stand physical abuses. For me this story is far more convincing than others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Interesting, and very well written

This is fiction at its greatest! if we wanted reality then we might as well stop reading altogether. The writing flows and it is easy to follow along. I love the strong abusive type who slowly becomes a softy for the women he will soon love. Although I don't condone domestic violence the little sick fuck in me absolutely loooves it! (isn't this why we're here?). I very much enjoy reading and I cannot wait to see what's in store for both Charles and Aneira. <3

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I liked it!!

Please continue, I am desperately waiting to see where this is going. A little resistance or obviously an escape attempt would be nice. Perhaps a fighting, combat scene. Or where she doesn't offer herself that easily. Some restraint would be greatly appreciated on her part. Maybe she gets pregnant that would be interesting ;-) All in all I am confused but that is what I like. I'm sure you will no doubt pull off something immensely amazing!!!! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
MORE PLEASE!!!!

Please please post the next chapters up! I'm dying to know what happens next! This is one of my fave stories in here! You're doing such a great job! I love stories about Alpha males who dominates and seem battle-hardened and ruthless, but grows and develops as characters who are capable of becoming soft and loving towards their captured/chosen woman. I'd love to see how you'd would write Aneira and the General's interaction following the recent events. I hope you won't kill off her 'fighting-spirit' just yet and not make her turn into mush and hungry for the General's cock just like that. Also, as someone else mentioned, it would be interesting if maybe Aneira falls pregnant with the General's child. After all she was a virgin before the General ravished her and he can't keep his hands off of her, so impregnation seems like a natural thing to happen, right? I'd like to know how that would pan out in power play with the Emperor, her country and the rest of the empire, etc. Please, please write more and update ASAP!!!

GrneyezGrneyezalmost 10 years ago
PLEASE HURRY!!!

I've been checking EVERYsingle day waiting for the next chapter. Please hurry lol pretty pretty please with a cherry on top ;)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Best Series Thus Far!

This story has been a true pleasure to read! And as great authors (such as yourself) tend to do, leave me asking for more. Please continue the series if at all possible (I honestly check everyday waiting for more). The story has really taken shape, you can't possibly leave it here!

mystic5mystic5over 9 years ago
Keep Writing!

I've really enjoyed the progression of this story. Please continue writing and sharing with us. I'd like to see where your headed with this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I know you mentioned a break after this... But we are all waiting anxiously. A new chapter please?

magevmagevover 9 years ago
More, please?

This is a very interesting story, and deserves to be completed. I can understand that some people are in disagreement about the girl's wavering between defiance and submission. It makes sense that she doesn't fight so hard because she is aware that she has no other options, but she still should not be volunteering sexual favours to a person who beat her, raped her, humiliated her and murdered her family. It would be much more delicious if she was gloomy and passive and the general would be going out of his mind trying to make up for everything he's done to her. My favourite development would be if somehow some loophole would force him to release her from slavery and try to marry her as an equal. I love nonconsent/reluctance stories, but only when they end with redemption of the villain through repentance and making up for all the hurt, and groveling in front of the previously wronged person. Please continue this story and bring it to a satisfying finish where the queen defeats the general both morally and physically. PLEASE!

tarantula17tarantula17over 9 years ago
More please!!

Oh, please, please, please continue this story. I love it so much. Every time I check for the next installment only to find nothing further, it is true agony.

Redheaded_1Redheaded_1about 9 years ago
Please finish it!

Please.

TheLadyYazTheLadyYazabout 9 years ago
stunning.

I would love to see more, and definitely onto the idea of them having kids. There is so much you could do with this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I love it!!

Ignore the negative criticism, you are clearly an amazing author as otherwise I wouldn't have read all of your work thus far, my attention span is usually rather short as I am very particular. In a world ravaged with war, I think it would be natural for a woman in her position to be in the mindset she is, most of the "problems" some of these know it all reviews have mentioned are quite easily non existent based on context. Frankly I personally hope in the end she falls in love with the general. Your work is way better than 90% of the stuff on this site that seems to only focus on the sex material without much other content, yours has such a different flare I wish other stories had with just enough amount of brutality, conflict, sex, almost-love so far, and dynamics to keep the story interesting. Looking forward to finding out what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Well done

While I have enjoyed your story thus far, I feel the need offer some friendly advice. One major thing I would like to point out is that you have dulled the feelings and reactions of the heroine. After witnessing her fathers execution and then getting gang raped, on top of the abuse from the anti-hero (both physical and mental), she should be exhibiting more signs of trauma. If the technology of the day has been able to heals her wounds quickly, then you should contrast it with her slow healing psychological wounds. You have distressingly downplayed the effects of rape and gang rape; she needs to react to situations more, have nightmares, trust issues, communication issues, triggers etc. This would then force a reaction from the anti-hero, and I think would allow for a deeper relationship development between the two, providing the reader with a more dynamic story line.

mystic5mystic5almost 9 years ago
Pretty Please!

Please continue to add to this amazing story! I'd really like to read what is to happen in this interesting/blooming relationship!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Next chapter She snaps from Stockholm syndrome,smuggles a knife into the bedroom cuffs him with his own cuffs,he starts threatening her when she starts cutting he starts blubbering turns out without his soldiers behind him he's such a pussy) cuts off his dick, disembowels him then kills him and walks off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Once again, got sucked into a non-finished series...

Such a great story...I was loving it. And then....nothing. How very disappointing! Gave me several enjoyable reading hours, and then poof...you've quit writing. I wish they had a category 'INTERESTING BUT UNFINISHED'

CherieA0221CherieA0221over 8 years ago
Unfinished

I am completely aware that this is a free sight and these authors have no responsibility to finish their work and all the other things one can say to someone else who complains a story is unfinished.

However

This is such a great story, I think that if a story goes dead like this fabulous story..that it should be sent to a category all itself labeled unfinished and anyone good enough and able ( like designated / voted on favorite authors ) could finish it for the masses out there!! LOLOL.

RubiaLaFayeRubiaLaFayealmost 8 years ago
Let someone else finish stories

Like another poster wrote: why not let someone else finish stories when the original writer suddenly quits?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Longing for more

I can't wait to read more bring on the next chapters. You are very talented

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Please finish this story!

SexSlaveJulieSexSlaveJulieover 6 years ago
Please finish this story!

This is such a great story o would love to see many more chapters.

findingmywayfindingmywayover 6 years ago
Please continue

Please dont leave this wonderful story incomplete

desjdesjabout 6 years ago

Lovely story sad that never finished like so many others on here

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Please continue!

Awesome story!!! Would love to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Still waiting

7 years and still waiting

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

what started as promising in the 1st chapter now has turned to complete trash by the end she is willingly giving head to the man who destroyed her so much for you proclaiming her a strong character

no wonder you stopped writing it has become a trashy smut from an awsome vegenance erotica

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous