All Comments on 'A Girl in the Night'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
very nice

very well written and romantic, refreshing story. G.Belgium

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Beautiful

Well written and plotted. Of course the first wife will always remain an ambiguous figure. (Could give lit students a fit!)-

DesertPirateDesertPiratealmost 16 years ago
Still one of the best!

Another fine, well written and enjoyable tale from a master! It is always a pleasure to read a new one from you. This whole series on love in Texas is a trip to a better time and I like that place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Damn, Jake

You have hit the jackpot again. You really know how to write those "get under the skin" stories. On top of that you write them the way I want them to end. As soon as you got the relationship established, I was wondering, "Gee, he has never told us if Kathy is still young enough to bear children!" This is good writing; keep it up!!!

A WWII fellow Texan

JesseTamerlaneJesseTamerlanealmost 16 years ago
First rate love story!A little of everything...

a lot of sweetness.

Nice read.

Jesse T.

BigFtHunterBigFtHunteralmost 16 years ago
Dame fine story Jake.

I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

bornagainbornagainalmost 16 years ago
Good Story

Tom was giving up to easy he should have been upset at Cindy for taking Davy away from him just because he didn`t have alot of money so she bribes Davy by taking him and his girl away to Argentina and her sister why didn`t tom raise hell at the husband of Cindy by using his wealth as leverage ?

Atlanta,Ga

Pat

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Wonderful Read!

You have done it again---now I have to find what your co-conspirators have come up with--

Thanks again,

Sam

DG HearDG Hearalmost 16 years ago
Hey Good Buddy

A great read as always. You never dissapoint your fans. I know of no writer that delves deeper in detail. As usual my hat is off to you. very, very well done.

With highestrespect

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
another

great story. Thanks for writing these lovely tales. But I have a tiny nitpick: the timeframe was in 1987, but you mentioned the internet. I think there was no internet then (or if there was, it wasn't as common as it is now). Best regards. - from a GenX-er

oldwayneoldwayneover 15 years ago
A Fine Story...

Just like Ray Price with a song, you really have a way with a story, Jake. I really enjoy your writing. You are always one of the very best on this site.

vintageridervintageriderover 13 years ago
Should Have Been Longer

I've heard that the the highest praise is when you leave your audience wanting more. You've achieved that. Stop with this short story nonsense and start giving us more. Please?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Absolutely beautiful

I dont have any used Id so will leave my name at the end. I love all your stories Jake! This one is one of my Favourites. I love the way you build your characters and bring them to life. Thank you for all your hard work and all the joy you bring to your readers.

Kayleigh, Australia

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 11 years ago
It would make a hellava book!

It surely would make a baklava book. You have a way with making characters you feel for and about. Seems a damn shame not to share them with the whole world. Seriously, you should give some thought to trying your hand at a full length novel sometime. The world would be better for it.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
A really nice story

Well told and with a great ending

The only small thing missing is a come to jesus between he and Cindy - did she ever actually grow up? Did she ever get what she did to him? Did she give a shit about it?

Or was she still essentially the same self centered bitch that fucked him over just dressed better now and more content now that she had what she wanted?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

this is a wonderful story. I like the fact that the little sex is only revered to.

Ed Grocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hmmm

Well, well, the mercenary slut Cindy certainly made out like the gold digging slut she was. I guess Tom was one of those easy going types without any personal self-respect and just accepted that Cindy dumped his ass for the better man.

Hmm, there's a name for males like that...

SampkyangSampkyangover 8 years ago
4*'s

your characters came across as kinda stupid, not dumb so I give you credit for that author. I love doing business with northern boys. I'm a southerner so misconceptions provide me with great wins and they feel good even when I skin'em...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Kinda liked the story

Lost one * for Cindy. A true 'Money Whore' if ever there was one. Tom is as clueless as the day is long. Nice to see that Cindy had her son's life all planned out for him and it seems that Tom wasn't a part of it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Decent story but it's not very well structured, there's a lot of meandering there and some scenes just seem like they have been thrown in without anything connecting them and several times there are unnecessary repetitions of descriptions.

Johnny0432Johnny0432almost 7 years ago
I loved the story 5 stars

It was stretchered just fine for a West Texas story. We are a bit different. Friendly to a fault. Honest always. Love our women deeply forever...First kiss of the day always goes to my sweet wife of 40 years. We love each other...

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Weird ending

This was an interesting story that fell apart at the end, it almost looks like 2 differant writters wrote this story. Being happy after that sleezy wife stealer came back and took his family away, it's a done deal and he has to accept it. Seriously. This had great potential but turned to garbage at the end, sorry but it did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Story rambles all over the place, comes across as rushed or the author was drunk. Liked the idea, just not well executed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story from start to finish; a few intriguing surprises to perk the continuing interest. Without getting into being an editor, I enjoyed all of it - warts included. Really well done, Author!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous