A Hawke Proposes to His Princess

Story Info
Chapter 6 of the Hawke and Princess story.
8.5k words
4.78
1.2k
2

Part 2 of the 12 part series

Updated 04/14/2024
Created 02/18/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Authors note:

Just a few things I'd like to say please.

First of all, thank you for showing interest in this story, I really appreciate it.

As stated before in comments, from now on I will be submitting these chapters individually. And because I've got most of the story already written out I will be able to get the chapters to you quicker. Also, if someone has a suggestion, which I'm open to, and it follows along with the story, I might consider it and put it in.

Ok folks, because Hawke's over there with his arms crossed starring at me, giving me that, 'get on with it' look, I will bow out and let him take over, before I do though; Thank you all for taking the time and reading this story. It been a fun challenge. Bows to Hawke and gives him the stage.

Elayne Hawke

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Chapter 6: The Proposal

When they headed to where their clothes were, he gave her a towel, and they dried off and got dressed. After they dropped off their stuff at his house, she started walking down the path to the main house, but he grabbed her hand and told her to wait. He gave a loud piercing whistle and a few minutes later Midnight came running up. He helped her up on Midnights back before he got up behind her, holding her in the front of him, one arm around her waist and the patting Midnight, and they headed to the main house.

Elayne turned around and looked at him, "don't you use a saddle with him or even a bit?" she asked curiously.

Hawke looked at her and shook his head. "I never use a bit, and the only time I use a saddle is when I have to go a long distance. But around here, no. I've had Midnight since he was a colt. We understand each other, I allow him his freedom, as long as he stays within the boundaries here. He's a good horse, I'm proud of him, he's family." Midnight turned his head to look at them, and Hawke reached out and petted him. "Oh and one more thing, I'm the only one that he allows to ride him, he throws everyone else off, so please, don't try and get on him without me here. I wouldn't want anything to happen to that pretty little neck of yours," he teased her before kissing her. When they got to the house he jumped off and lifted her down.

He went over to the bucket sitting by the corral gate and grabbed a couple of carrots, handing one to her. Midnight walked over to them and Hawke gave him his, and petted him, telling him thank you for the ride. The horse nudged him, putting his head on Hawke's shoulder. "I love you too buddy. Will you let Elayne give you a carrot?" Midnight looked over at her, sniffing along her body, then raised his head to look at her again. Hawke encouraged her to give the carrot to Midnight. He accepted it and nudged her with his head. Hawke watched the interaction between Midnight and Elayne amazed by Midnights acceptance to her. She scratched the horse the same way Hawke did, and she thanked him for the ride also.

She started to turn to walk away, but before she could Midnight put his head on her shoulder like he did with Hawke, she looked at Hawke unsure what to do. "Tell him you love him. He's accepted you as part of me." The horse bobbed his head up and down as if he agreed. Elayne did as Hawke said, and after she gave him another carrot the horse backed away, but not before he nudged Elayne's face. She turned to look at Hawke, and she caught him staring at her in wonderment. They heard a whistle behind them and they both turned around to see their parents staring. Bryce commented on what a beautiful horse Midnight was, asking if that was the same horse that he had won, Hawke nodded.

Bethany came over and grabbed Elayne's hand, the two girls taking off but not before she went over and gave her family a hug. She stood there for a couple of minutes looking at him, then she grabbed Bethanys hand and smiled at him before both girls disappeared into the house. Unconsciously Hawke put a hand to his chest, feeling an ache.

Shrugging it off, he turned to his mom and the Cousland's, expecting to get a lecture from at least one of them but what he saw instead confused him. They were all staring at him curiously. Shaking his head he turned to his mom and asked her if he could talk to her alone before he asked the Cousland's the same thing. In all their eyes he saw a spark of something, expectance? 'What the hell is going on here,' he thought.

Then it dawned on him, and he groaned, did they knew what he wanted to ask? Well since they all ready had it figured out he decided to just go for it. He motioned for them to follow him away from the house. He all of a sudden he got really nervous, not sure how to proceed, this wasn't the way he had it in his head. He looked at each one, saw acceptance in their eyes, even from Bryce who was grinning.

"You all know what I want to ask don't you," he asked incredulously. They just stood there watching him. Sighing, he looked at his mom and asked, "mom, may I get the family ring please?" Then he turned to the Cousland's and looked both Bryce and Eleanor straight in the eye, "Sir, ma'am, I'd like permission to marry your daughter." And to Hawke's astonishment Bryce said yes. He went and sat down even more dumbfounded, not sure what to say or how to respond. "How, how did you know?" They all sat down around him. It was his mom who answered.

"Hawke, it was your actions yesterday. Your dad always lectured you ever since your power showed itself to never reveal it to anyone no matter what." Hawke nodded. He remembered those lectures, had heard it every day, but that still didn't answer his question. "When you came back with Elayne yesterday something had changed within you when you were around her. We all saw it. Hawke, I'm your mother, I know you. The way you would look at her spoke volumes. There was pure love in your eyes, the fact that you brought her here with her family told me so much."

Eleanor took up the next part, "Elayne has even changed, our daughter who's more of a tomboy than a lady, has started to wear makeup more, has wanted to change her style of clothes. There are other little changes she's been doing that's odd behavior for her. Like your mom knows you, we know our daughter and all of this started happening after that night when you two first met."

Then Bryce spoke up, "it was yesterday that confirmed it for us. What you did to save our children, like your mother said, you've been lectured and warned about revealing your power to anyone no matter what. You exposed your magic, you risked freedom to save them, you risked your very own life to save them, especially with Elayne. Bethany told us how you healed Elayne, everything that happened, and you're refusing to let her go. The healing that you did almost killed you, didn't it?"

He shook his head, "it's a little more complicated than that but it would have been worth it to have her live, I might not of been around but at least she would be. I'd give my life, my soul for her," he said with a lump in his throat.

"That right there is the reason we say yes, that, and you make our daughter happy, truly happy. You're a good man Arik Hawke, you're the kind of man that we would be honored to have in our daughter's life," Bryce said.

"But we've only just met, how could I know for certain let alone you, that would be crazy, plus I'm a mage, one who's not even part of the Circle." He was stunned by their words.

Leandra leaned over to him, taking his hand. "Yes, you're a mage, your magic revealed itself at the young age of four, according to your father, we believe you're the youngest that its ever manifested itself in. You have had magic in you almost all your life, and you've never once used it except for practice. Hawke you are a rare person, your magic is rare, you're fathers' not the only one that's told you this, Caleb has too." He gave her a sharp look, warning her off, but she shook her head. "Son, the time for secrets is over, you're going to be part of their lives too. Wasn't the major agreement of your training to not train anyone else?"

He shook his head, "no. The deal was that I never reveal my training, in fact it would be best if I kept it a secret if I could. But your right, they are about to become family. I'll have to apologize and explain to Caleb the next time I see him."

Running his hands through his hair he looked over at Bryce and Eleanor. "I'm a battle mage, with some arcane warrior training. When my father couldn't teach me anything more with magic, and I took an interest and exceeded all training in swords my father took my training one step further. He had an old friend train me. Please don't ask me anything more for I cannot tell you. It's not that I don't want to, but I can't, at least not until I can talk to him. It was part of the agreement for my training and I cannot betray my teacher."

Both Bryce and Eleanor looked at him in shock, but then Bryce nodded his head after thinking about it. "Of course, some of your moves the other day had a different fighting style than I've ever seen. Arcane warrior, so you've had an elf training you," Hawke grimaced but nodded. "You really are a special person. Hawke, your secret is safe, and we promise we won't say or ask anything about it, but I hope someday you can tell me more. I'm truly impressed and deeply honored that you would allow us to know."

Bryce changed his stance, becoming more serious, "young man, do you love my daughter? Will you do everything in your power to make her happy? Will you stand with my daughter no matter what happens?"

Hawke looked at them stunned and sat down hard. Yes, this was what he wanted but to actually hear it? "You guys know how crazy and insane this all is, but I can't deny the pull, the feelings I have being around her, a bond that's been pulling at us since we first met, and it keeps getting stronger and tighter the more time we're together. I feel like I've known her my entire life, my heart literally aches for her, even more with her not being right beside me. I know for a certainty that she's my other half, she completes me, she's my soul mate." He looked at his mom who had tears in her eyes, "is that even possible?" He looked over at Eleanor, and she even had tears in her eyes also. Everyone was crazy, but he knew without a doubt, crazy or not, Elayne and him were meant to be together, and he'd never give her up.

Taking a deep breath he stood up and looked at Bryce, his heart swelling knowing she was his forever, "I wasn't lying, or feeding you a line; she means the world to me, and I don't know why, or how it happened so quickly, but it did, and I won't let her go, not ever. I'll always try and be worthy of her, she's a wonderful woman, and I still can't believe she loves me as much as I love her. But I promise you, she'll always come first with me, in everything. I love your daughter with all my heart and soul, I'd die for her. I will treasure and cherish her until the day I die. I will do everything in my power to make her happy and I will stand beside her no matter what happens, this I swear."

Bryce nodded, "I know Elayne's made up her mind about you, and when she makes up her mind, she tends to be an immovable object, so take fair warning; she can be a little spitfire.

Bryce looked at him for a minute and a grin split his face as he offered his hand. "Welcome to the family, I officially give my consent for you to marry my daughter."

Hawke looked at Bryce with open-mouthed astonishment. He had just given him the only thing Hawke desired the most, Elayne, without batting an eyelid.

They all heard a gasp and turned towards the sound. Hawke groaned when he saw her standing there. This is not how he had planned on asking her. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed his mother get up and head towards the house and returning with something in her hand. She handed it to him, and he saw it was the box that held the family ring.

He looked over at Elayne and asked her to come over. He could see that she wasn't nervous or scared but excited as she came and stood in front of him. He got down on one knee, presenting the ring to her, looking her straight in the eye, "I know we've only known each other for a very short time, but I know I am in love with you, I know you and I are meant for each other. Elayne, I want to spend the rest of my life with you, showing you how much if you'll have me." He paused for a minute, this was what he wanted and needed, and he hoped she did too. He took a deep breath, "Elayne Cousland, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife? I promise I will love, cherish, treasure, honor, stand beside you no matter what and do everything in my power to make you happy till the day I die." He knew that last part sounded more like wedding vows, but he didn't care. He wanted her to see how much he loved her, he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. He watched her, watching every emotion running through her eyes, but the biggest one was the love he saw coming through loud and clear.

He knew the answer even before she said it.

"Yes, yes, A million times yes, I want more than anything to be your wife."

With shaky hands he took the ring and put it on her finger, he noticed it was a little big, but he remedied that with one little thought and a trickle of his power. When he stood up, she looked at him, then looked at the ring and put her arms around him.

"I heard everything you said Hawke and I feel the same way you do," and she kissed him as passionately as she could.

When they finally separated, they were both out of breath but both of them wore enormous smiles, their hearts and love showing clearly in their eyes. When they heard the clapping they both turned to the others blushing. They had forgotten anyone else was there.

Hawke couldn't take his eyes off Elayne, she looked so beautiful standing there, she was glowing with pure and simple joy. He could see her love blossoming out of her through her happiness. He looked out at the others, and noticed that everyone was there even some of the soldiers. He saw their parents who gave them approving nods. Then he looked over at Bethany and even Carver who both had big grins. He smiled at them all and thanked them. Elayne went to the women to show off her ring while the guys came over to congratulate him with pats on his back. Fergus shook his hand, "welcome to the family, little brother." He said with a big grin.

Leandra looked at him, "congratulations son, I wish your father was here to see this, but maybe he's looking down at us and knows. I couldn't be more proud of you Hawke. You know what this calls for, we need a celebration." He could see the emotions in his mothers eyes, he gave her a hug and told her thank-you. She nodded and turned to everyone, "I want to honor this special occasion with a celebration feast." All the women gathered around his mother talking about what to cook. He pulled his mother aside, "you know I can help if you need it mom, just ask." She nodded to him but couldn't say anything more with the other women rushing her.

He looked for Elayne and found her standing there watching him, her eyes moist. He walked over to her, took her hand in his and pulled her away to a quiet corner, but before they got too far Carver stepped in front of them.

"Arik, Elayne, I would like to apologize for my horrible behavior yesterday. I had no idea of the situation. And I truly apologize. I wish you both the best and many years of happiness."

Hawke looked at Carver seeing genuine concern and guilt in his eyes. He noticed the red marks around his neck, and pulled his brother into a hug with his hand on his back of his neck and healed the marks. When Hawke let him go Carver's neck was clear. They both nodded to each other and Carver walked back to the other men. Hawke grabbed Elayne's hand once again and led her to a secluded spot away from everyone else. When he looked at her, she fell into his arms and he kissed her. In that kiss he tried to pour his heart and soul out to her, the kissed was so passionate with the love he had for her that it made her gasp. He pulled away from her, saw she had tears in her eyes and once again he wiped them away.

"Why do you cry my little dove, please tell me these are tears of happiness. Elayne, please, if I've done something to distress you, please, let me know, so I can fix it. I know this was sudden, Elayne, they already knew before I did and this is not the way I wanted to do it, I had a plan that was supposed to be more special." He knew he was babbling, he was starting to panic, but he couldn't help himself.

Before he could say anything else she put her finger up to his mouth with laughter in her eyes. "Hawke, it's ok, you've done nothing except make me the happiest woman in the world. These are tears of joy and happiness, my love. And I can't wait to show you how much later when were alone. I love you Hawke."

He groaned, "I love you princess, I'm never letting you go baby," he murmured pulling her tight, "because you are mine forever." She put her arms around his neck and their lips met. They poured everything they felt about each other into the kiss. All their hopes and dreams, the future they would have together. They poured their souls into the kiss. When they finally separated they were both breathless, happy and content.

They walked back together hand in hand, before they made it to the crowd Elayne put her hand on his chest to stop him for a minute. "Hawke you won't mind if I help your mom out for a bit would you. I feel bad putting her on the spot like this."

Hawke chuckled, "no I don't mind love, but I doubt she'll let you. She'll tell you that this is your day, go be with your fiancé." He paused for a minute, saying that sounded wonderful. 'I'm her fiancé, and soon I'll be her husband.'

He put his hand over hers, "Elayne, I know we just got engaged, and I know tradition is to wait a year but is there anyway that we might get married sooner?"

She looked at him curiously, "unfortunately I can't see how. I am after all a Cousland, daughter to Bryce Cousland, the Teyrn of Highever, this is a big thing. And I know my moms going to want to put on a big wedding for us. "

"I understand, I just can't wait till we can be together in every way possible. I love you Elayne. Go ahead and see if my mom will let you help her, but I wouldn't hold your breath, my sweet angel." They kissed again before Elayne headed off to see if she could help.

He walked over to a table and sat down watching everyone. Fergus walked over asking where Elayne was, Hawke told him, but he knew his mom, she'd be chasing Elayne out. They both laughed. No sooner did he say this and out came Elayne with a dejected look on her face. But it soon disappeared when she saw him and walked over to sit down beside him as she looked at him.

"You were right, she told me she didn't need my help and to come be with you."

A thought crossed his mind, something he was curious about with the way Midnight had treated Elayne earlier. He told her to go grab a couple of carrots and to stand by the corral. He walked over whistling for his horse, Midnight came running over just as Elayne came with the carrots.

"Settle down, my boy," Hawke chuckled at Midnights frisky playfulness. "We'll go for a run later, buddy okay? But first we got treats for you, and I'd like to ask you a favor." Midnight put his head on Hawke's shoulder and nuzzled his neck. "I love you too," Hawke murmured as he scratched him under his chin. He took one of the carrots from Elayne and gave it to Midnight. Midnight took it, nuzzling him again. "Midnight, I want to properly introduce you to a very close and dear person to me. Just like you, she's part of my family and I love her too." He motioned for her to come forward.

When she was right beside them, he took her hand in his, "Midnight, this is Elayne. Elayne, this is Midnight."