A Hawke Proposes to His Princess

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She reached up to Midnight and petted him, "that's my good boy," she whispered.

"Midnight, I need your help here buddy. I'm going to set Elayne on you, so I can get up there with her, will you allow me to do that?" Midnight put his head on his shoulder, "I love you too buddy." He set Elayne on Midnight and got on the horse behind her. Eleanor handed the bag up to him, and he wished everyone a goodnight and headed to his house. When he got home, he slid off his horse and pulled Elayne off then thanked Midnight and went into his house. He put her on the couch and went into his room to get it ready for her.

When he turned around she was at his bedroom doorway, he handed her the bag her mom had put her stuff in, but she shook her head, instead she went to his closet and took out one of his button-up shirts. She stripped her clothes off, put his shirt on and laid down on the bed. As he tucked the blankets around her, she patted the bed for him to lay down.

"In a minute princess, I'm going to go boil some water for some tea that I need you to drink," he said quietly as he patted her hand.

He went to the front room, started a fire and set the teapot on its hook. Then went and grabbed a cup, put a couple spoonful of herbs in it and put it on the table waiting for the water to boil. Once the water was hot he poured it into the cup, put a spoonful of honey in it and took it to her. She was sitting up waiting for him when he came in. He handed her the cup and she started drinking it. He kicked off his shoes, took off his shirt and laid down beside her. After making sure she drank it all she then scooted down yawning and put her arm around him, as she snuggled up into his chest, and fell back to sleep.

He was worried about her, when he had looked over at her earlier he could see her shaking, by the time he got to her, she was sweating, her skin looked pallid. He had grabbed her head, trying to get her to focus on him, on his breathing, get her heart rate down. The first time he scanned her, her body was screaming for air, her heart beating way too fast, she was shaking and hot. After she had calmed down, he did another deeper probing. He noticed her heartbeat was beating normally, her breathing back to normal, she wasn't sweating anymore. When he had heard that her father was talking about the accident and had told her details, Hawke had wanted to strangle him. As far as Hawke was concerned, she didn't need to know the details, at least not right now.

He laid there watching her, stroking her hair, once again thanking the Maker for bringing her to him. He didn't know what he would do if anything ever happened to her, she was his heart and soul, his to love, cherish, and protect, and his reason for living.

He got up, tucked the blankets around her and kissed her forehead lightly before going to the other room. He put more wood on the fire and sat down to relax, to contemplate, to think about everything that had happened. They were engaged to get married, in a years time she would be his in every way possible. He wasn't thrilled though about it being a big wedding, he had kept mostly to himself almost all his life because of his magic. But not once did he regret having it, especially after yesterday. If he had no magic, she wouldn't be here in his house, asleep in his bed. Grabbing a glass of whiskey he went through the house cleaning it up, putting their dirty clothes in the basket for cleaning tomorrow, washing the dirty dishes and just odds and end puttering.

He heard a noise from his room and then a cry. He rushed into the room to see Elayne thrashing in her sleep, heard her calling his name over and over with tears falling down her face. He rushed over to her, grabbing her up in his arms and cradling her to him, making soothing sounds to quiet her. When he put his lips on hers, she gasped, and he invaded her mouth, while rubbing his hand on her back, coaxing her to calm down. After he finally felt her relaxing under him, he quickly got up and stripped off his pants, before getting under the blankets and bringing her close to him and just laid there with her in his arms. During that whole episode not once did she totally wake up. Not for the first time, he thought about strangling her father.

It was a long night for the first half, he'd feel her stiffen up and start whimpering against him, and he'd pulled her close whispering his love for her and rubbing her back until she settled back down. Sometime after midnight he was finally able to get to sleep and they both slept peacefully for the rest of the night.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

To be continued....

Thank you again for reading this, please leave a comment if you would to let me know how you're liking this story so far.