A Hero's Rebirth Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The new cold chains of Ki'Amura's bond in my head stood out in a different way. Where love and happiness was the foundation of each of my other bonds, giving them a pleasant undertone, Ki'Amura's bond radiated sadness and pain, making it a cold and depressing ever present beacon in my mind.

I arrived in the kitchen and while noting the strength and direction of my bond to Ki'Amura, I started packing Diamiutar's cooking into baskets to carry.

The smell was phenomenal. Elven cuisine was amazing. From what I'd seen, elves didn't have to eat much, and what they did eat they wanted to be as pleasing to the senses as possible. They infused flavors from all sorts of fruits and herbs into everything from breads to meats. Garlic bread looked bland and flavorless next to these dishes.

Finally, I felt Ki'Amura start to move. She got closer, and closer. I stopped to pay attention as I felt her hesitate by the door, but then she continued her approach. I felt her finally settle just outside the door.

I guessed she was listening. Judging.

Lymarith was humming some jaunty little tune. I guessed it was an elven song of some sort, because occasionally Diamiutar joined in for a chorus or a few bars. It reminded me of the celtic music that Buster had loved, said it reminded him of his Irish roots. Could almost be a river dancing song, as lively and bouncy as it was.

Heilantu joined us to help finish packing everything, with Valentrine and Sarvourn stepping in to finish us out. Tavorwen, Creaden and the battle maidens joined as well. Between all of them they could carry all the baskets of food.

Apparently it was beneath me to help carry food.

"You ready to join us?" I called to the she-elf still just outside the door.

She stayed there, between us and the door. I couldn't tell what exactly she was thinking, and she was quashing her emotions to try and keep them from betraying her.

I was betting if she wasn't ready, she would have made her escape.

We all headed to the feast, with Ki'Amura falling in a few steps behind me, just ahead of the battle maidens.

We walked out among the rope walkways and hanging streets of Ealphamir. Glances and glares at Ki'Amura were poorly concealed at best. The enemy among them.

"Creadean." I breathed quietly, having faith in elven hearing.

"Master?" The Matron answered, moving up by my elbow.

"Pick one of your maidens you trust the most. I want you and your chosen maiden to make Ki'Amura's safety your priority." I instructed. "I don't expect any problems, but she is a part of our household, and I'm not going to take any chances."

Creadean remained quiet for a moment, then acknowledged. "Understood, I'll take Ulamir."

We reached the hanging plaza. Cords reached skyward from various support points to the trunks of the trees still rising high above the streets. Tables had been brought from the gods knew where to fill the plaza with matching chairs. The craftsmanship and carpentry of the tables and chairs were graceful, curving and sweeping in a manner that hid any sign of fasteners of any kinds and making the chairs appear immobile, when I knew I had walked through this plaza multiple times since my arrival and they had never been here before.

Audriul greeted us and directed those carrying dishes. Her gaze only lingered on Ki'Amura a moment.

"What possessed you to bring her?" She whispered to me.

I glared at her. I'd never been fond of those showing racial preferences back on earth. I'd had a good third of my squad that weren't whites, and if anyone said shit, they ate it. The best man for the job got it. I knew that the Shadow Elves had made their mark and everyone acknowledged them as the baddies. Germans back home had done that quite thoroughly a time or two, but serving a tour under Colonel Fred, or"Friedrich", Braun had put proof to the fact that anyone judging someone of German heritage by their history was an imbecile.

"I don't know. X'Thallion seemed pretty insistent that I keep her close at all times when we spoke earlier." I retorted.

She recoiled as if struck. Her eyes narrowed as she studied me, then got wider than I'd seen any elf's eyes go and she muttered something under her breath. But she hurried off to get out of the situation, repeating instructions to those already doing as she was directing.

"I admire your boldness, but one should not claim lightly to speak with the Gods." Tavorwen chided. "All of Ealphamir will be claiming you had an audience with the Great Father by the end of the feast."

I looked over at her in amusement, and raised a brow.

"...wait..." My matron gasped. "...When?"

"When I stepped out to collect my thoughts." I confirmed with some amusement.

"May we sit?" Tavorwen breathed. "I'd rather not have shaking legs betray me."

"Go for it...ah, where should we sit?" I noted looking at the long and winding tables.

Tavorwen took my hand and led me to the head of a table and set me there. Diamiutar took her place at my right, and Tavorwen at my left. Ki'Amura was put between Tavorwen and Creadean with the battle maidens extending down the left side of the table. Heilantu, Lymarith, Narusil, and the household maidens sat on the right side with Diamiutar.

The plaza filled with elves. The vast majority were maidens, but for the first time I saw a significant number of matrons, a few masters and even children taking seats at the table. Driveal inclined his head to me, as he sat with his matrons at another table.

A mass of she-elves that looked like teenagers to me began carrying dishes, goblets and utensils to the seated elves. It appeared that there were about a half dozen of these young elves that were serving my house. They were thin, lithe and graceful. There was clear unease as they served Ki'Amura, but to their credit, they did their job.

Once the dinnerware was set, dishes began to be presented. Youths bearing baskets, platters and serving bowls moved along each table, offering their dish to those seated. One elven youth for each table made her way around each table filling goblets from a leather skin of some sort, pouring what looked like wine into the vessels. The coloration was a deep red, almost purple, and when my goblet was filled I found it to taste strong, a single sip filling my mouth with the sweet and tangy flavor.

"Do you not have wine?" I wondered, surprised at the absence of alcohol. Nothing had been alcoholic anywhere I had seen.

Diamiutar cringed, "Why would anyone drink a fouled drink?"

The other elves had a similar reaction. Confusion and disgust. Even Ki'Amura seemed confused why I'd want wine.

I guess elves didn't appreciate alcohol. I was kinda disappointed. While I wasn't a heavy drinker, a nice drink once and a while to relax was nice.

I resigned myself to sobriety, and enjoyed the food.

Once the serving youths had filled everyone else's dishes, they took their places at a nearby table and partook themselves. Several of the youths kept watch, excusing themselves regularly to refill drinks, and in my case to bring additional servings.

None of the other elves seemed to take nearly the variety I did, and none seemed bothered by the tiny serving sizes. I realized I hadn't really paid attention during meal times to how much my matrons really ate, but now it became evident that their comments about how much I ate really came from somewhere genuine. Despite the quality of the food and variety, the elves seemed to pick their favorites, savoring and enjoying small quantities and quickly becoming satisfied and unable to continue. I felt bad for a minute until Diamiutar chided me.

"You should eat! Enjoy! Many elves went above and beyond in the hopes you would enjoy their dishes, it would be a shame to disappoint them." She prodded with a laugh. "And it is not so strange to us that your needs differ from ours. You are a gift to our people and we are happy to provide you all we may."

My discomfort was soothed with that and I tried to enjoy the festivities.

Everyone ate and sang and generally enjoyed themselves... except Ki'Amura. She ate with a somber, almost angry expression. Through our bond I could feel a jumble of emotions slipping her tight reins. Confusion, anger, pleasure, worry, sadness, and...hope?... swung rapidly in her mind.

I knew I needed to give her time, and what privacy I could, but I dearly wanted to help her. The slivers of her pain, fear and confusion only intensified that need every real man feels to protect the women he cares for.

I realized I had only known her for a short time, but having her thrust into my care felt like a new head added to my platoon. She felt like she belonged here, and the endorsement of the elven god hadn't hurt either.

Once the food had been consumed, instruments were brought out and music filled the air. A few of the masters danced with their matrons, while maidens danced in small groups. The music had a fast lively beat, but the elves danced slowly and gracefully. The master, or a maiden standing in for a master, danced at the center, bringing partner after partner into the center of the sweeping circle so all had their moment in the center.

"Come and dance!" Heilantu begged.

I had never been much of a dancer, but the excitement and joy slipping through the bonds to my matrons was infectious.

I allowed Heilantu to guide me away from the tables, the rest of my matrons and even the maidens who had joined my house took a circle around me.

"Now, one hand here," Heilantu guided me, putting my hand so low on her back I was practically grabbing her ass, "and the other..." she took that hand and began to guide me.

At first my steps were awkward, and only Heilantu's skill and care kept her from being stepped on. Her legs practically wrapped around mine as we danced, slowly and flowing like a river from step to step, her dress clinging to my leg. As the dance progressed, I started to catch on. And just as I did, with a twirl, Heilantu passed to the outer circle and Tavorwen spun into her place.

The song continued, and voices joined the instruments. I tried to catch the words for only a moment, but I decided better when I almost stepped on Tavorwen again.

The elves sang in high tones, the males in tenor or countertenor and the females in soprano, though a few altos could be heard as well. The beautiful harmonies and dancing melodies swirled as my matrons took their turn dancing with me in the center of our circle.

It was a touch awkward for me when a new partner took her place in my arms, my hand still low, practically cupping her ass, only for me to realize it was Valentrine, one of my maidens. She didn't seem bothered, neither did any of my matrons, so I danced with her. She and each of the subsequent maidens pressed against me with a yearning I knew was dangerous. She didn't hold back as her legs wrapped around mine, and I could feel her through her dress, as she slid up and down my thigh as we moved through the steps.

I breathed a sigh of relief when she spun away, breaking the contact, until Nauveir took her place. Still wearing the garb of a battle maiden instead of a household maiden, her pants did just as little Valentrine's dress had to keep me from feeling her body pressing against me.

One by one my maidens rotated in. Each taking her turn pressed against me as we danced to the soaring lively beats.

Finally, Heilantu was back in my arms, all of my house having taken their turns, and I was able to breathe again. Yes, I was still basically grabbing the ass of one of the females in my household, but this one was actually bound to me and I didn't feel like I was violating my bounds with her, just being a bit exhibitionist.

The song ended before the maidens got a second turn, and the plaza cleared as groups stepped aside. Narusil sighed as she reluctantly detangled herself from me, and we walked back toward the table where Ki'Amura still sat.

The music kicked up again, a fast and bouncy tune. Those who wished to now took to the dancing space, dancing alone or in pairs while the males rested. The steps were now fast and high, almost reminding me of a riverdance, except the dancers spun and twirled, their arms as active as their legs.

With the music covering me, I leaned down to Narusil, "Was it really okay for me to dance with the maidens like that?"

She laughed, "Oh, it is the highlight of such gatherings for maidens with any claim to a master to feel so close to a male. They would be devastated if you spurned their one chance at such enjoyment. Feasts, festivals and celebrations such as this come far too infrequently for them to miss such an opportunity, especially in these times. Used to be such celebrations were held at least once a month, more if cause for celebrations were found. No, let them have their fun."

Indeed, the maidens all looked quite joyful as they took their seats. Risavis and Sarvourn even headed out to dance more wildly and freely to the new song.

I took a moment to appreciate this new and amazing culture I'd found myself in. My time in the military had led to me traveling a great deal, and I'd seen many interesting cultures on Earth. From festivals in Japan, Korea and Thailand, to holidays in France, Germany and Spain, and even some tribal celebrations in various parts of Africa. Once I'd joined the Special Forces, there had been less time to mingle with the locals, but each culture was unique and had aspects to be admired. Elven culture seemed the same. The difference here was, I was here to stay it seemed. I'd been told I could have real relationships with my matrons and I wouldn't be forced to leave them lonely.

As I came out of my reverie, my eyes settled again on Ki'Amura. Her eyes were unfocused and she seemed lost in thought. I couldn't feel her emotions, so either she was smothering them or she was emotionally spent and numb.

I almost said something to her, but decided against it. She looked like she was trying to mentally process, and sometimes it was best to just let a person work through everything. She wasn't in danger, and hopefully this would help her.

Another song passed before my matrons and maidens pulled me to the dance floor again, this time a faster dance, pressed just as tightly together.

The rest of the afternoon was spent in celebration, once the elves grew too tired to dance the celebration turned to song. The chorus of elven voices was replaced with solo performances that made my breath catch in my chest. Intermixed with the songs were the magical shows, maidens and a few of the masters took the chance to dazzle with visual creations, illusions. Some looked like creatures so real it was as if you could reach out and touch them, while others told stories, complete with sounds of clashing blades, roars of beasts, and you could even smell the sweat of battle. Only way you knew some of it wasn't actually happening was when an image clipped through one of the lower tree branches or stepped through the floor.

Damn, I thought, what Hollywood wouldn't give to be able to do 3D projections with sound and even smells...

I knew there were some of the stories that I just didn't understand, probably because I was still an outsider, really. I didn't have context for a lot of it. I could tell a sad love story when I saw it. Stories of great victories against mighty foes. But there seemed to be a rule of some kind against using words to explain the story. I knew at least some of them could have words spoken by their illusions, because some would utter a word here or there, especially battle cries, but not enough for me to follow.

I did learn that some creatures that were myths on Earth seemed to exist here. I saw a unicorn, what looked like a phoenix, and something that seemed to be a werewolf, or at least a shapechanger.

By the time the sun set, everyone was exhausted. The food from the feast was still holding hunger at bay, and that seemed to be the case for everyone.

Empty baskets that had held food when we arrived were carried back home, and I found myself in a bit of a cuddle-pile as all six of my matrons snuggled as close as they could to me as we drifted off to sleep. Creadean and Lymarith each claiming a leg, Diamiutar up by one shoulder with Narusil slipping under her to nestle into my ribs, with Heilantu and Tavorwen mimicking them on the other side. Content and at peace I fell asleep.

The next morning, Narusil woke me when she had to run to empty her bladder. I guess some things remained the same regardless of race. I hoped that her pregnancy went smoothly. Driveal had said that elven pregnancies were fairly reliable and safe, and I hoped he was right.

The movement woke all my Matrons, and they began to prepare for the day, the garments of the previous day being discarded in a basket and new dresses and undergarments being donned. I enjoyed the show, of their lithe and graceful bodies. I'd enjoyed them all and would again, but just like with any other woman, damn, I just loved watching them naked.

With a start, I remembered Ki'Amura. She'd been left unsupervised, and I hadn't even thought to worry she might run off while we slept! I searched through my feelings for the bond to the shadow elf. To my surprise, her bond felt surprisingly close. Closer than her room.

I rose, dressed quickly, grabbed my gear and rifles and stepped out into the hall. My head scanned the hall and found the young she-elf crouched behind a small cabinet.

"How did you sleep?" I asked her.

She seemed to accept that I had found her and she rose, seemingly unsure how to answer.

"Good morning!" Diamiutar greeted her with me. "Come, I'll start making breakfast."

The matrons all walked to the dining room as Diamiutar stepped into the kitchen. I followed, and a few minutes later, Ki'Amura slipped into the room too, trying to hide in the corner, but Lymarith pulled her over to the table and sat her down among the other members of the house. The maidens filed in one by one.

"Any more and we'll need more tables and a bigger room." I noted.

"Generally." Heilantu agreed. "Once a household reaches that size, usually the maidens and other household members eat in the adjoining rooms... But if your house grows to the size I'd expect, given your capabilities and... desirability... I'd be surprised if all your matrons will be able to sit with you in the dining room for meals."

I didn't particularly like that. I was guessing none of them would hear about me trying to sit in the rooms where more could be accommodated, just like I wasn't allowed to carry things or participate in minor chores. But I didn't want to make hierarchies among my household.

"Don't suppose we could get a house with a bigger dining room?" I suggested.

"Master, the homes here in the Gold Leaf district are among the largest of homes. This is one of the bigger dining rooms." She replied with mirth.

"It's ready!" Diamiutar announced, walking in from the kitchen with a large tray of scrambled eggs, seared ham, toasted breads, and what looked like fruit jams or jellies. "Sarvourn, could you fetch the pitchers of vornier and glathka?"

The maiden jumped up and hurried into the other room coming back with a large picture in each hand. One steamed out the top, but the strange mix of scents made me think of sitting in a mall between a Jamba juice and a Starbucks.

The food was great and the drinks were interesting. Vomier was a sort of breakfast cocktail of mixed juices, with a sweet tang and a lingering taste of bright fruits. Glathka was an earthy drink, and I made the mistake of sipping it pure before my Matrons coached me to add cream. Pure glathka was extremely bitter, reminding me of dark, dark roast or high concentration dark chocolate. Once the cream was added, it brought it more to the realm of normal coffee or hot chocolate, though it was thicker, more like liquid chocolate.