All Comments on 'A Hero's Return Pt. 01'

by callmesparky

Sort by:
  • 165 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The author does have the ability to tell a story.

Though the my Army training kicked in and ability to make battle plans rang hollow when stated in the story after his initial confrontation with his wife and mayor, where unsolicited he volunteers strategic information about his limited timeline in town.

Also his admonishing his 15 yo daughter for being hard on her mom on the phone, after her handed it to her putting her in the middle again because he didn't want to deal with it and while he plans to publicly humiliate the wife/Mom 🙃

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Callmecucky. Better name for you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Have you been staying with him since I caught you at the hotel?"

"Yes."

"And still having sex with him?"

"Yes."

.

Like another Anon noted earlier: when she continued to fuck the Mayor even AFTER hubby found out —- hell, she told her daughter she needed her birth control pills! — she outed herself as no longer in live with her husband, and possessing very little, if any, remorse.

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Sad. Devastating for the only teen daughter.

Do deployments overseas have a year long commitment when the national guard is activated? I don't think they do that with regular enlisted troops.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

One major failure. If the "wife" was serious about preserving her marriage, the first step is to STOP FUCKING HER LOVER once she is outed. It's not that hard to figure out. Obvious in fact. She didn't stop. That tells me she wasn't serious at all, but just going through the motions.

I do enjoy the story and got emotionally invested. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My war was Vietnam.

Personal experience very few majors and above in field except photos ops. Only realistic worry about rockets and mortars. And base camp bunkers were made to withstand even a direct hit by mortars and smaller rockets

As far as planning he took a nap or two before getting with program. Also another stupid MC who wants slut in contact with daughter when she doesn't want contact And until fully recovered from the slutty behavior (if ever) should not be allowed contact

bobareenobobareenoover 1 year ago

How many times must he say that he was in the sand box dodging bullets and fighting the Taliban? I lost count. But there is one thing I was sure of, he was in Afghanistan risking his neck, I darned sure won’t forget that!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

good plot idea, very poorly written out.

NicealloverNicealloverover 1 year ago

I know that there are inconsistencies in the story between the actions of the wife and what she says. I thought it still works somehow because humans can lie to themselves and believe their own idiotic rationalizations. The girls dialogue is too mature that doesn’t work for me. She shouldn’t be so in control of the conversation with her mom.

pummel187pummel187almost 2 years ago

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!!! lol unless this pussy husband was a major the "LOLLYPOP BIRGADE"

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Nope, no fucking way. This started out really good but you just had to go all over the fucking place. Thats the issue with the BTB readers, all they need is hard outcome for the wife and the rest of the story can be complete shit and they'll jizz all over you.

For starters "I need my birth control" Ok, not a sign that the wife is sorry, even though here she claims to be, but must clearly still be fucking the Mayor.

Then this "she told me I need to talk with my wife to see if there was any possible way we could get past what had happened." No one I know of thats been divorced has EVER had a lawyer make that statement, including mine.

Now this idiocy ""I don't want you to get caught off guard though so I do need to tell you before you begin that in a little while someone will show up and serve you with divorce papers." Her face lost all its color.

"Why Bob, I don't want that."

And yet right afterwards we get other but of dumbassery "Do you love him?"

"I don't know if I love him. I like him a lot. We have so much fun together."

Ending with this "Are you going to marry him?"

"I don't know, we've talked about it."

So yes BTB readers are hardly any brighter than the cuck readers, because this was dumber than shit when you take it all in together as a whole.

And sorry twinkie, no one sits there and asks, does he make you cum? Like a 14 year old kid would.

Pure straight up 1 just for the outright idiocy you willing put into it and the dumb asses that missed it all.

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
Don't mess with a soldier's family

I spent three years in Vietnam. I saw countless soldiers putting themselves In Harm's Way all because of a fucking Dear John Letter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Overall this was a good BTB story. Only continuity error I found was that at Mayor Connelly’s press conference to deny the news release as Kathy Crawford acknowledged the affair she addressed the mayor she called him Robert, not Don. This was a tough warrior so why would Kathy’s admission of her actions damage his “fragile ego.” I hope that the other council members will be dealt with in Part 2 or 3. Sorry to see that you seem to have stopped submitting stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved the story hated the cheaters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A bit stilted, perhaps that was intentional since it was related by a soldier. But an interesting story.

Pity he said he was defending his country in Afghanistan. That was a lie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She missed him so much that she went and had a long affair with someone else? She loved him so much and claimed it was the worst thing she did and never meant to hurt her husband, but is STILL staying with the other guy and having sex with him?

Do people actually act like this? Do people believe this rationalization in real life?.

To me it emphasizes that she doesn't care about her family or husband one bit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed your story. Although it would have probably made it shorter I would have loved for the Major to have entered the elevator with his wife and the mayor at the hotel. What a scene that would be with the wife knowing she's busted and the mayor realizing his days may be numbered. Just a thought and possibly a suggestion for another angle on a tale similar to this. Anyway well written.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

Need to burn the City Council, everyone at the party, and everyone else who looked the other way!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I can smell the RAAC from a mile away. She said she loved the mayor asshat and was thinking about marrying him, then 2 seconds later, seems shocked when hubby doesn't want to stay married to her? Is the hint that he's already called himself a cuck multiple times?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Jodi, ...

All GI's hate "Jodi" Jodi is the guy that gets your girl while you are deployed

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This whole story is a disaster. Rush to conflict and a way too drawn out falling action. It's a mess.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Entertaining, but Connelly is a dumbass of the highest order if he didn't know that he was committing political suicide from the get-go. Maybe his ego convinced him he could get away with it, but in this age of zero privacy (especially for public figures) that's still a long shot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Where the Hell is the rest of this story

Men a women can and do get lonely...that always happens...and Kathy is no stranger to it...But boy did she step up to the plate here and put all the facts about the affair out to whole world to see...and what a price she has to pay...and did she suprise us all by doing it...I didn't see that one coming here...So where the hell is the rest of this story...and let's us know what happening to Kathy...She is half of the story...

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Again

She realized to late that she messed up bad. Best chapter in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
UGH!!!!!

No!!!!! I just don't buy the pretense that he would be humiliated or even embarrassed by the public finding out his wife was cheating on him while he was deployed and knew nothing of it. THAT idea makes him a wimp!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hey Tazz317

You missed one, Yogi also said "When you come to a fork in the road, take it." I don't always understand your comments but I always do appreciate them. Now we just have to step back and see where ...sparky takes us on this one, he's off to a no nonsense start. Yep, a real smart thing to do, fuck with a man who pulled out of combat to come home because his daughter is in pain due to her mother cheating. One positive sign, she did stand up in front of God and everyone to take responsibility. Signed: BTW

traddisagaintraddisagainover 4 years ago
love

kathy certainly loves cock and plenty of it. Men love women who love cock. Please can we have a story about Kathy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
sadness

This is such a sad, sad story.. Hot wife stories should all be happy sex stories where the husband encourages the wife to have innumerable strange, black cocks while he sits and watches, even holding her hand and wanking with the other one. No imagine some of these writers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
PLEASE DON'T MAKE....

This a piece of raac bullshit. There is no way in hell a man let's a cheating slur like this back into his life. And why do you foreign guys feel the need to have someone utter the ridiculous question, "talk and see if you can get past this." That's beyond stupid and/or braindead.

And also to have Bob tell his daughter that the slut is still her mother is dumbass. Her mother wouldn't have abandoned her to carry on her affair. The slut effectively killed both relationships so why put that dreadful bullshit in the story. Play it like it would be in real life. Dad and daughter doing everything in their power to destroy that whore.

tazz317tazz317over 4 years ago
AS YOGI BERRA WOULD SAY

it aint over till its over, and he might ask why are these comments not being put in the records and placed in moderation. TK U MLJ LV NV

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
How often infidelity when war or deployments? A lot

Absence doesn't make heart grow fonder no it causes infidelity

The old go out as friends

Lunches dinners etc as friends my ass

Always same excuses

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!!

NOT FINISHED!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
From Viet Nam to Afghanistan, some things never change.

Two months is all it took for my wife to start dating and then sleeping with her college English teacher. Stationed in Germany I was deployed for weeks and months at a time so she was lonely. When she told me he asked her out as a friend and she agreed. I told her he wanted to get her in bed but she swore she would never do that. I came home after a six week deployment and realized that she slept with him the night before.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Gotta agree with Anonymous 03/20/18

This part of the story isn't at all Realistic. In small towns and cities, everyone knows everyone's business and for damned sure, his daughter wouldn't have waited six fucking months before telling her dad that her mother was shaming them both by publicly dating the mayor and fucking him.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Been there

I hadn't even made the wedding when my wife to be decided to explore with another man. I didn't come home to sort things out, I just finished the deployment. Nothing lower, in my opinion, than a spouse who cheats on a deployed husband or wife. A affair partner who knows the spouse is deployed deserves whatever wrath that finds him/her. The major was way too gentle with the wife, and the mayor. Some of that hell he promised should have visited the cheating couple, but he showed restraint and got his own revenge. I can't understand why so many people try to pick these free stories apart. Just fucking enjoy them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
not realistic

Supposedly a small town. He certainly had some close friends. Wife is publicly dating mayor and telling everyone she and husband are getting divorce.

Yet author wants us to believe it took six months for word to get to him. Certainly daughter knew months before telling her dad.

Certainly daughter would have confronted mother long before. Daughter would have noticed misding rings, heard stories about parents' divorce.

Husband has close friend who is a reporter. Strange reporter never questioned relationship during press conference and then would have checked to see if separation or divorce papers had been filed.

Then to top it off, the guy gets leg blown off in following chapters.

Would have isdued spoiler alert but nothing her to spoil!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I fear for a RAAC

Let's see... It only took the wife 1 month to sleep with the mayor, because she missed her husband so much. First of all that excuse is like saying 2+2=an orange dog. In other words in makes absolutely no sense, unless of course the wife doesn't love the husband.

She claims to love her husband, but carries on a relationship with him after what must only be a couple of days. She kissed him the first date. She sleeps with him after a month, and then continues to sleep with him. Are these the actions of a woman who loves her husband?

She goes out in public with the mayor and lies that she is separating from her husband. Everyone in the small town accepts this? I'm sorry but small towns know much more about people than big towns. Many people would not accept this because they would know it is a lie. Many people would be able to email and message him during his deployment.

What about her communicating with her husband during the 6 months? People get time to do that. So in other words she had been lying to him for months.

She gets caught and tries to tell her husband he doesn't understand and they can get by it. She is SOOOO sorry, loves her husband and family SOOOO much, and wants to get back with them that she continues to sleep with the mayor. And she says she has developed feelings for him.

All of this points to the fact that she doesn't love him or the family. It took next to no time to start a relationship with the mayor. It was not the fault of the mayor. She allowed it to happen and even spent time and energy to make it happen.

So she doesn't love Bob, but yet even lies to herself that she does, despite her actions while Bob was away AND after she was caught, but somehow we are to believe that Kathy loves him. If this is an RAAC, then either the premise and plot of the story is terrible, or Bob is an idiot, which in my opinion is also terrible.

They should get a divorce. Kathy doesn't love him, which has been proven over and over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

The entire conversation with him and his wife was pathetic! ...And he's worried about the world finding out he was a cuckold????? How stupidly pathetic! Dumb writing! No one would think that of him, and most people would be supportive!

desertdog43desertdog43over 6 years ago
pistol

Yea a pistol. Guy in my outfit had this happen while we were deployed, so he put his pistol in his fuckin ear and PULLED the trigger.

No place in the depths of hell is bad enough for shit-maggots like that.....

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 7 years ago
Damn

Read it again. The cheating wife had the balls to ask the Major, after saying she considered marrying the asshole mayor, if the marriage was really over.

DUH. Stupid cunt.

StormKing33StormKing33about 7 years ago
5* HUA !!!

Bob the husband should napalmed the lying cheating whore and that slimy mayor. Yet, his revenge was good enough. As an Army vet, I have seen the cheating wives too many times and it was sickening. BTB Kathy some more!!!

VapspegeoVapspegeoover 7 years ago
This makes me MAD!

The idea of a woman married to a soldier who is off fighting and this his reward. That's how people die worrying things at home and not about what's happening where he's fighting.

That Mayor should have had the manners not to allow his erection lead him into that mess he knew she was married sooo he's a punk on top the other Bad names he can and should be called.

Yes, she knew what she was doing and knew better but, she was the one who took the marriage Vows. Because of their daughter I'm sure there was a lot of restraint.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I just keep my mouth shut at than last comment!

Yes she was a bad and stupid woman but, the mayor was by far just as stupid or more so! Why a married woman with a kid? He had choices there were many single women out there so to only blame Kathy is dumb! There is enough stupid people in this mess between the two cheatering people. The husband did what was necessary only. Hell in writers land and a fictional story he could have killed them and got away with it!

I think he was too easy on them but, he didn't want to hurt their daughter anymore than she already was hurting.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Ok writing

But your wives are unbelievably mindless sluts.

Kathy keeps fucking the mayor after being caught?

Just shoot the rabid bitch. Seriously.

A woman that flawed could never have fooled a man like the major in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
THE AUTHOR IS ON THE MONEY IN THIS STORY

Vietnam is where I went and a few good mates (yesI am Australian) received letters from their families saying that their spouses were cheating on them. They went crazy my heart goes out to them and all services from every country that served in that hell hole. This story is Fantastic! Love you all! Bye. Greg. Oh 10 stars = 100 %.

shadowjack17shadowjack17about 8 years ago
Cheap pop?

Here's a thought, fool: YOU go "serve" your country so people just like you can make snide comments about your service and war heroes. When YOU get home you can deal with the cheating wife in a more equitable fashion since you apparently believe that war heroes (which by the by includes anyone who EVER put their own body between the chaos outside and their loved ones even if they never heard incoming fire) are no different from anyone else. When you grow enough manhood to do that, you are then qualified to make snide comments about the military. If you would like to discuss this in person, MY email is not anonymous. Come look me up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Just a cheap pop

An attempt to whip up all the old war hero types and those who worship the military. Really, shameful exploitation. Everyone loves a war hero, right?

Serving my country? In Afghanistan? How? Just military worship bullshit. What a pathetic asshole wrote this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Yeah

After reading this first part, you kind of have the feeling that this was written by someone who either had this experience or someone close to them did. A little too much "real feel" to it to have just been a work of fiction. Good story, waiting to see where it goes from here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Anonymous 2/7/16

You really are a brainless little shit to post comments like you do and not identify yourself. It's easy to shit on someone else's story. How about this... You write your own story and take the shitty comments about your crappy writing from everyone. Then you attend writing classes and try to learn how to do it right, write 20 or 30 more stories, and if you start to get any better and get good comments from the majority of your readers, then you can make comments about someone else's writing style. What you have done is to try and bypass all the time and hard work and go right to the useless, snide comments. Rather than telling someone to stop writing, why don't you stop reading.

PeteCedar

angelaslaterangelaslaterabout 8 years ago
A 5 from me

A brilliant read indeed and I can't wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

"Have you been staying with him since I caught you at the hotel?"

"Yes."

"And still having sex with him?"

"Yes."

"Are you going to marry him?"

"I don't know, we've talked about it."

"You're been served."

"So it's really over between us Bob?"

Duh! Why are all your female character so retarded?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Written

like you'd been there, hmmm...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Sorry this was too close to home

Well written, but women actually do this to men that serve our country. Skinning them alive would be too good for them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
"You were kind of hard on your mom Stacy."

Seriously!

Kate12345675Kate12345675almost 9 years ago
5 Stars

A very good read !

VickieTernVickieTernabout 9 years ago
Appalling!

The way people here -- especially the "anonymous" wimps -- regard infidelity in marriage, I don't wonder that the divorce rate in this country approaches 50%. Loving is CARING DEEPLY ABOUT AND FOR THE OTHER PERSON and not just about cuddling exclusively. Or about who owns a particular sworn cunt or cock and so presumably its exclusive disposition. You don't fuck others if your loved one would be grievously hurt, period. Then again, the BTB people are way worse than the good souls preaching forgiveness, those who confuse regret with repentance or contrition however heartfelt! Marvelous!

EddboyEddboyabout 9 years ago
im just confused

how she could be still having sex with him after being caught by her husband and still profess to love her husband?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
yawn

yuk

1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Started Great the Went Off the Rails

Started out very good until the part that is so typical for many of these stories. Before he gets home and before the dance at the hotel the husband knows his wife has spent several months and many nights out with her lover. During the dance the wife and lover are obviously more than friends yet the husband watches and does nothing and then goes out to wait in the hallway. Just after the dance he watches his wife and lover get in the elevator to obviously go up to a room and have sex. The husband does nothing at that time because he "needs solid proof". At this point the story becomes utter nonsense. He quickly finds out what room they're in yet he just sits outside for several hours and decides to confront them afterwards. Sitting outside of a hotel room and he hears obvious sexual activities and yet he still does nothing. Backing up, there could have been a well written public confrontation during the dance with all the other people in the room listening to the husband asking his wife why he betrayed him and their daughter and berate the lover for seducing the wife of a deployed soldier. It would have been very effective since he was still in his uniform. If not then later he could have called them on a hotel phone just after he found out the room number and first told his wife to get her slut ass out of there and then tell the lover he's going to publicly expose their affair. This same old "husband waits until theirs extraordinary solid proof" of an obvious affair is maddening in these stories. What the husband did is more indicative of a wimp and not a military warrior. This story had so much promise at the beginning.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Rewrite

The teenage daughter's parts need rewriting in order to reflect a real teenager's thought levels.

For example, you have her saying the following on the phone to her mother the day after she's caught;

"Well you did hurt people mom, people who loved you more than anything in the world and you ripped the heart out of the one man that would die for you. I hope you're proud of yourself mom. I hope your sordid affair was worth it, because it cost you your family, whatever that's worth to you. I just hope that one day you will wake up from this fantasy world you're living in and realize how selfish and stupid you have been."

A more realistic set of statements from her might be as follows; "Well you did hurt people, mom! How couldn't you with what you did?! And what about dad?! How could you do that to him...and ME! Dad doesn't want to talk to you. <pause>...You're SUCH A BITCH! I don't want to talk to you either, so don't call!" <click> <dial tone>"

You've got her saying your words. If she's going to be a real character, you've got to let her say her own words, while you use the thoughts of other, more mature, characters to rationalise a story line on the adult level.

Good luck

"

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
nice story but

NO FUCKING WOMAN WOULD STAND UP LIKE THAT IN THE USA/CANADA/BRITAIN.....THEY DON'T HAVE THE STRENGTH OF CHARACTER....see any media or divorce.

it feels like a RACC story, 6 month affair, abandoning her child, and when caught she is kinda sorry.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Good start

Now does he get suckered again?

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

He should not have gone to the paper for his daughter's sake. I know Stacy didn't mind but there was no reason for him to put her in a position to be talked about or gawked at because of her cheating mother.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
3*s

Good writing. Plain vanilla plot. 3*s for encouragement.

AMerryMan

LiketoshareherLiketoshareherover 9 years ago
Good story...

But I didn't find it very erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
enjoyed the story.

ok ..

1. if this is a new Author on Literotica & not an old hound using a new profile ..then i have to say welcome & congrats on having the courage to write & post stories here.

2. if you are a new Author , then congrats again for such good 1st efforts.

literotica readers area tough crowd , and this genre has the hardest critics to attempt to please & appease.

yeah the story has a few glitchs , yeah maybe a few of the statements don't add up.

& yes maybe with some proof readers & editorial help the whole thing could have been revised / tightened up .....

BUT , in general , the dialogue is good , the plot works , the storyline is fine.

the protagonists are solid & well developed.

its well written & enjoyable.

ty for sharing it with us.

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story

I am looking forward to reading the next chapter.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

Engaging storyline. You mention repeatedly how small the community was. Really not that small, if no one knew she was married, or if hubby worked for a large electronics firm, or if there having charity balls at 11 story hotels. Just seemed like an unnecessary characteristic to keep including. Four stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Quit reading after the 15 yr old started crying on Skype.

"Daddy come home, I'm scared."

What 15 yr old would say that and why was she scared? Because mom was blinking some guy? Because she was home alone? Because...wait. Why was she scared? Then for him to pull his daughter out of school and the house and move to his parents could constitute kidnapping by the FBI even though its his kid, he doesn't have sole custody and that roll have serious consequences on his freedom.

There's more issues than just those but I can't stand stories that make up facts.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Not Buying It

Okay, I'll accept her being lonely, and going to some functions with the Mayor.

But using her maiden name and taking off her wedding rings?! Red flag warning!

And I'll accept ONE fuck. But then she goes out with him AGAIN? And again without rings? And tells the woman she's separated and getting divorced?

None of that is consistent with an otherwise devoted wife who simply cracks under the strain of her husband's deployment under pressure from a slimeball.

rvwsrvwsover 9 years ago
A distracted soldier is a dead soldier

Damn, I hope this is not the case here. As typical of most politicians in today's world, Mayor bob is a true coward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Boring

Oh my gosh. This was the most boring story I have ever read. This is supposed to be about sex -- not sad drama. You need to write children's story. This was a cure for insomnia. How boring......zzzzzzzzz

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
"Burning anger" ending statement strikes me as a clue...

Also, the title referral to him as a hero. And the attempt to threaten his family and the apparent disappearance of the disgraced mayor. I would expect a Chapter 2 to involve mayhem, either foreign or domestic.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 9 years ago
I Smell Reconciliation

This is a solid 4.5. BUT! This has all the look and feel of reconciliation where he gets wounded in Afghanistan, probably severely enough for a coma, comes home and is nursed back to health by slut wife. Love re-affirmed, etc and so forth. I'll bet a genuine electronic Literotica nickel on this. Major frothing at mouth for Part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This could be a great part two

if he comes back in a basket, just a couple a eyes and a brain with a lot of life support tubes sitting on the mantle-piece while she fucks her lovers in front of him.

Otherwise it'll be dreary as all fuck. 2*

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 9 years ago
B T B !!!

I only spent 26 years on active duty, and, Yes - it did include time in a war. Cheating is CHEATING and should NOT be condoned. She deserves EVERYTHING she gets for CHEATING! BURN IN HELL - it is of your own making!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I'm not military, but....

...I was raised military, in a military family...

So I'm torn on this one....

Don't get me wrong, no real man will reconcile with a woman so debasing of everything she said she stood for when she said, "I do". No amount of reasoning, excusing or storytelling will get past that level of betrayal, disloyalty, disrespect and moral poverty of her behavior.

But your portrayal of the wife is too full of improbable mind sets and conflicting thoughts. I have never heard any woman say what she did in answer to the common questions. The only place it ever shows up is in someone's less than realistic dialog, as a device to move the story along at the expense of believability.

Carvohi is a lost cause if he thinks it's romantic for the Major to subsume the hurt, anger and everything else and suck it up to get back together.....and it does happen, sometimes.....but it still almost never works out. She's got no respect, no honor, no morals, no self discipline and no right to happiness. She may not have started that way, but somehow, she got there.

One point.....the Mayor is a politician and accustomed to winning. He won't be able to let this go. He'll have to attempt something to revenge himself against the Major. And he should enjoy a very public castration for the attempt.

The wife will likely make other attempts to reconcile or remediate, but will have to be shown finality and forced to accept the divorce when the Major finally finds another woman and over time, heals, falls in love and re-marries. Sadly, for men of his kind, it will never be as it was for awhile the first time. He'll forever wonder, if his new wife fails to answer the phone, whether or not she's off fucking around behind his back. How they deal with this doubting will define their entire marriage....and in the end their mutual happiness.

The responder that spoke about the 15 year old not talking to her mom that way, is right...., to a degree. The daughter was too adult for her stated age.

But her anger and hurt were pretty right on. I see girls of that age blowing up and dressing down one or the other offending parent pretty regularly. But then, they talk and act like 15 year olds, not 32 year olds. You might want to work on that.

I disliked the too frequent and incorrect use of question marks.

And try reading your dialog out loud; it will change for the better. Because if it doesn't sound right to the ear, it isn't right in the story. People just don't talk like some of your dialog. I know, I know, you're trying to tell a story, move it along, etc., etc.. So spend more effort in editing, so it comes off more realistic. It ain't rocket science, it's just people. And yes, some things will become ungainly for it, but the result will still be better.

Also, you might do a little research into real military divorce cases. You might be surprised at what you find there. But any divorce records, if you can also get some background, might prove eye opening.

For example, the wife, once accepting that she's out, decides to go all scorched earth on her estranged husband, drives to change the terms of the divorce....and against all likely hood gets her way. Sometimes criminally so. That might make for some interesting material.

She has to lose in the end, because the crime was so public, political, so blatant and so stupid. In many, many less public cases, she wins.....which is why there are so many angry, bitter men walking around out there.

But, that never stopped some women in trouble doing something even more stupid.....and having to pay for that, too.

And please don't reduce her to a fawning, begging shadow. Honest regret almost never happens except in rare moments of honest reflection. And trust me, such is extremely rare in that type of person.

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 9 years ago
Okay, from a military person...

Your original premise was okay--soldier boy is horribly betrayed by who he left behind, daughter catches on, mayhem ensues. But. Stay with me on this, because this IS constructive criticism, it's....stilted and contrived.

"Poor but hardworking farmboy is beaten out for the prom queen by the decadent rich kid and only years later she realizes what and who she lost..."

Now, tell me that's not the premise of this story, other than the daughter contacting Major Dad in the middle of his deployment and oh, by the way? SOOOOO not happening, that "midterm" leave to the land of the round doorknobs failing a loss of a REALLY close loved one--mother, father, son, daughter, like that.

You would have kept my attention past page one had that been the case, But it wasn't, was it?

Ooooh. Want a "real time" feeling for what it really IS like?

Do this: go to a recruiter. Sign up for the United States Army. Infantry, if you're REALLY serious about your "craft". Survive the next 16 weeks and the following couple of years. NOW you can talk about "Army" and be remotely believeable in the doing.

By the by, IF and when you grow nads enough to do the Infantry Basic thing, tell Sergeant First Class Bradshaw I FIXED his personal issue similar to what you were trying to portray in your story...NO, not how you'd think--she left him with a seriously balanced divorce settlement. Just saying.

You can do better. Research and next time use an enlisted swine, perhaps? Think about this concept: why does Hillary Clinton stay with her husband?

Because he's an OFFICER, dolt. And he's going somewhere that minor digressions ARE swept away and become not important, as with old "I did not have sex with that woman" Bill said.

Also: officers are good at...what?

LEADING and planning.

Oh, by the way, I really DID write the book on this--if you define such as Light Infantry Platoon and Company Tactics Field Manual.

In summation:

you can do better. Do some research, and I do NOT mean watching Fox News at night while you sip Chardonnay. (1SG (ret) Cowboy) (Obviously not MY name either, duh? Even while the remainder is correct.

cw159cw159over 9 years ago
Excellent StorySo Far

Actually happened to a buddy of mine. Of course it wasn't the mayor but h had to fly home halfway through our deployment to divorce a cheating wife. Five ***** because that's the most I can give.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Marry?

She doesn't want a divorce, yet they've talked about marriage?

How did she expect to get married without a divorce?

And I agree, no need for part 2, the way this part ended part 2 looks like a RAAC, and it's not deserved.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
This is potentially not good. Really not good.

He's going back to war with "burning anger in his heart." That's the kind of emotional upset that distracts people in combat and gets them killed.

And he really needs to get some of his military friends to start keeping an eye on his daughter. Because nobody seems to know where the ex-mayor whose friends threatened his loved ones has disappeared to.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Birth Control Pills?

LOL, she's sorry, and it isn't what he thinks it is, but she's obviously NOT going to stop fucking the Mayor or else she wouldn't need her birth control pills!

honey_licker1124honey_licker1124over 9 years ago
The only reason I gave your story 5 stars....

is because there is no way of giving it 10! A true BTB story, but the sad thing is that this has happened time and time again for the last 10 years, and Desert Storm before that, and Vietnam before that all the back as far as you want to go. Wives think they are so lonely, so forgotten, and want to be pitied. So "Jody" comes along, says kinds words, gives a nice warm smile, and before long, he's porking the serviceman's wife, or the servicewoman's husband. Can't wait for Pt. 2. Please don't make us wait. I don't see any reconciliation in their future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What was up

with Carvohi having a go at this guy? We all get that this faithless, backstabbing woman who betrays her husband and neglects her own daughter is not worth fighting for, but I feel like I need a sarcasm shower after reading that comment.

nonethewisernonethewiserover 9 years ago
rAAC here would really be at all costs

She removed her rings.

She was with another man in public.

She ignored her daughter when the daughter's father was in harms way.

She told people she was getting divorced.

She talked to her lover about marriage.

She slept with her lover after being caught.

For him to forgive her, without a hell of a lot more remorse, contrition and change, wold make me fear like hell for the security of the United states of America.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
the only way to make the angry crowd put down their pitchforks

is to have him run for, and win the special election for mayor. His daughter can perform the tasks of first lady as the ex looks on from a distance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bravo

I usually don't like the scorned soldier tale, it's sadly become too cliched and almost Walter Mitty for many authors. This however was very well done. You delivered a succint and evocative tale with panache. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
straightforward story

but looks like a reconciliation ending.

paulroverpaulroverover 9 years ago
Liked it a lot.

Would love to see the 'shit' politician get DISCUMTESTICLE-ATED asap.(all those bloody parasites should be) Looking forward to part2.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
****

BTB! Good writing and story thus far. Anxiously await the next chapter (s). Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Right on, Sparky!

Hurry back.

brokenpolebrokenpoleover 9 years ago
Can't Wait for Part 2

Love the story and cannot wait for the next chapter. I came home from sea when I was in the Navy and found out that my lady was bumping uglies with someone I thought was my best friend. Can't imagine what it would be like to have a teenage kid call and tell me to come home because mom was stepping out but I'm sure it has happened.

Enjoying the story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great story

I do believe that she is sorry, but probably only for getting caught.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Please, no RAAC for the Major - he has suffered enough

I can see the RAAC plot now - major takes on the Taliban, gets shot up, his loving wifey comes over to Germany to help him rehab, and all is forgiven. PLEASE don't do this author! A JPB or PapaToad wife would be realistic - all her hubby's fault for going off and leaving her alone and he is too mean for hurting the poor mayor's career...

njlaurennjlaurenover 9 years ago
One comment

On the writing,when bob talks to the reporter he is talking anonymously about 'another soldier' then suddenly is,talking about himself...and the reporter was in hid unit so likely would recognize his wife,so anonymity made no sense....

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
reconciliation

I really hope there is none. Getting shot at and trying to stay alive with only your family as being the reason that moves you toward, then you find out your wife is stepping out on you!!!!

robt1446robt1446over 9 years ago
scorched earth

That's a military term and thats how this should play out. He has to leave them wallowing in pain and suffering. A little of the mayors' blood wouldn't hurt either. Think I will wait to give you a rateing

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The burn the bitch crowd doesn't want a chapter 2

I like this story to continue , it can evolve a number of ways, life goes on. It is what it is ,? I can't see him reconciling but stranger things have happened. How weak was she to let that happen and so blatant in your face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
as good as the part 1 is

I sense forgiveness in the air.

if so this 5 star rating will turn to 1 star for that part..

hopefully this writer is a man and not a wimpy, willing cuck as a most auto-bio writing wimpy cuacks in LW are. I have little faith in LW story tellers.

and the typically corrupt politician mayor, which is the rule rather than exception, should suffer severely.

5 Star***** for this part.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous