All Comments on 'A Hero's Return Pt. 03'

by callmesparky

Sort by:
  • 170 Comments (Page 2)
widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 6 years ago
Huh?

This story is just dumb. This person should stop writing this unbelivable stories and find a writing skills book to learn how to structure a paragraph. and make a story belivable. It would probably take a whole page to point the descrepances in this story. and how he tried to paint the wife as a ditze so he could build himself up into a hero.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story

Loved this one since I am also a vereran

jharpjharpalmost 6 years ago
Puke

As a veteran I had to keep my blood pressure in check reading this garbage. It's practically insulting.

26thNC26thNCalmost 6 years ago
Stayed the course

No reconciliation, and the mayor for his. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
To the comment by widowedidiot 03/22/18

widowedidiot is a perfect description for a woman who'd post the boneheaded comment that you did. The author portrayed her as a SLUT, not a ditze, because that's what she IS. She had no conscience about racing right back to continue getting drilled and ass fucked by the Mayor's cock, while knowing that her husband was still going to be in their small community for the rest of his thirty day leave.

I'll take a wild guess that widowedidiot is a fucking LIBERAL SOCIALIST DEMOCRAT. She probably cheated on her husband, while he was alive, and secretly believes that it was her sovereign right to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Disappointed

I’ve been in the Major’s shoes and it really hurts when the woman you love cheats. But I’m disappointed that he left Stacy. Of course every man has his breaking point but if he took the time to remember their love during the early years of their marriage he might have been able to forgive if not forget. I will never forget, and that was forty years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

To me this was a real sad story no soldier should go through that kind of grief the author portrayed the wife to be so great in the beginning and then to do the things she did and in the end she still come out on top very sad and disappointing. not worthy of any kind of rating

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very Unique Story

I do enjoy the occasional story that doesn't end And-they-lived-happily-ever-after. Five star worthy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
CRAP

You military pussies fight for god, country , old man in white house but can't fight to save a marriage. I am that dude that fucks your wife when you leave your woman. Some women can handle it but the needy ones No! I give them a full time man around the place while you play solier hooah that bitch boy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Here's a problem....

The author seems to have lost his mind on Kathy's last confession. While she might want to further catalog her sins, the author writes it almost as wanker material. No one would go in and give that sort of detail under the circumstances. One last thing, the phrase "I love X more than life" ought to be banned from stories. It is one of the most over used cliches in all of LW; it's easily avoidable; and, ultimately means nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
re: CRAP

no problem, Just remember that your so much of a pussy you won't put your name on it. Your the type that goes after a wife but cries like a bitch when the husband fucks you in the ass like the bitch you are.

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Sheesh

What a Sad Story. An Anonymous Person stated no one would ever confess with the explicit detail as 99% of LW stories contain!?...I agree Hubby just save his Men, He a Hero and is in a Hospital and lost limbs Etc..Wifee wants to confess and she gives an explicit definition of the Tryst down to the Stating how much She loved it...Bullshit!!

No one in the real world would confess with such detail (She wants Him Back !..But not with that confession She won't)...4 Stars★★★★ WOOF!

I support The Brave Men and Women who defend our Countries! THANK YOU

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I am glad they didn't get back together. Remember she didn't leave her lover when her husband came back home she moved in with him. She told her husband she wanted to stay married, but was thinking about marrying the other guy and loved the other guy, and enjoyed the sex even if it meant losing her daughter too. She only apologized after the other guy disappeared leaving her alone. No amount of sweet words at that point mean anything. The choices were already made and re-made when it counted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent read

What can I say only fantastic story but the ending was a bit rubbish I’m glad that they didn’t get back together but would have been nicer if say that i don’t know probably stayed friends with each other but to send her to New York while he was in Houston so it means that the daughter would have to travel that far to see either parent bit mad should have put them near each other for the daughter sake but otherwise a fantastic story and don’t stop writing these ✍️🙏🙏👍👍🤞

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
It's sad that this kind of thing happens a lot to our Heroes

while they are serving overseas. I did almost 5 years of my life over there during 4 tours. The first was the worst lasting a life destroying 23 months. There were a lot of guys that came back to find out they had no life any longer. Their spouses or girlfriends had moved on, many had lost their homes and possessions as well as their jobs. Because of this, many of the guys I have served with ultimately ended up losing their lives by their own hand.

The only good to come out of it was the fact some of the guys I served with along with other Vets got together and gave their brothers a little good old fashioned justice. I won't go into what they did but rest assured, there are many other lives that are deservingly destroyed now. Some are crippled and some simply disappeared and have never been heard of since. This includes some of the top brass that ordered these long deployments. It's too bad they couldn't get to Bush and Cheney. I would love to meet either one and punch the shit out of them for deceiving us and not outfitting us with the proper safety equipment while over there.

Hell, I had my wife purchase and send me my own quality Body Armor which saved my ass more than once. Rather than having armored humvees we had a bunch of hodgepodge of metal that we could find that we welded onto the humvees for extra protection. That still wasn't good enough and we should have had heavily armored humvees from day 1 as they knew we would encounter IED's.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Good story enjoyed 3 stars too much to suspend reality for most

He logistics but leading men etc unless changed since Nam they are stationed in command posts

Humvee and ied ok to some extent but where going

Most officers higher than captain very rarely lead troops in field usually 1st and 2nd LTDs

Get medals but don't do dogshit

Pardon my diatribe saw too many fuck ups trying to get glory

Again she sorry but only took month to cheat and then how great it was

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Wheels

I was Major, battalion intelligence officer. I often traveled to forward based in Humvee convoy. My last trip out me directly into the situation I find myself in today. I can emphasise with this character. No cheating wife, not a hero, but a blown up old soldier. My dad was in your ear as a birddog pilot , flying out of Marble Mountain and Chi Lai. Bet you've been there.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Second time around changed my vote to 5/5, a truly great story.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Great story

The brotherhood will take care of its own. 5

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
Took long enough.....

But great story. hope he hooks up with the rehab tech, or someone decent. The b.s. about being lonely and not having strong arms and a warm body to cling to are just that - BULLLSHIT. He is going through the same crap. The Bear knows what it is like. 1 year in 'Nam. I came home to the same wonderful girl I left, and we got married. She would have married me before I left, but I told her no. It would have been bad enough if we had drifted apart, and we were only engaged. 49 years , 5 kids, 10 grandchildren, 1 wonderful daughter-in-law, and 2 fine sons -in-law later, I think she's gonna keep me. 10 stars, the Bear approves. ( I passed my math equivalency course. ) Good luck, Major.

The BEAR

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

He should leave Kathy a pistol and one bullet. If she has any sense of honour, she’ll know what to do..........

Still 5/5

OBSunSeekerOBSunSeekerover 3 years ago
Well done callmesparky ”Hooah!”

Not sure why I read stories like this one, I become emotional every time. It is well written (from my point of view) by the author and full of the truth and emotion for me. You grieve for your friends who didn’t make it and survivors’ remorse is real. The time in the hospital and recovery has to be lived to be understood. I experienced the wife who found comfort and more from others while I was in harms way. If I ever get the courage, I will write the story if I can get a ghost writer to help me. Well done callmesparky ”Hooah!”.

When the love of your life destroys your marriage and trust, I don’t believe there is any way back. I do believe in Burn the Bastard/Bitch with all my heart. I was happy to see where the band of brothers gave the bastard in this story some payback.

As an adult I have learned to walk again three times. While I was in the military I was shot twice (two different occasions) and injured once – the physical therapy took from Feb to Dec . . . Post physical therapy I didn’t want a life with pain medication. So, they gave me 18 months of biofeedback training for pain management. I was able to stay active duty but it took me three years to pass a normal PT test. Good thing I had unique skills/knowledge that they really wanted. After the biofeedback training, I have managed to get by with aspirin, brain power and guts. Second time I was injured my right ankle was shattered and with leg bones broken. Surgery with plates and screws put it all back together glad it was the other leg and I was glad had the biofeedback training. Another six months of physical therapy. Last event was a mild stroke and I was paralyzed on my left side. I am lucky and fully recovered . . . it was good I had the biofeedback training and I started reconnecting the nerves as I lay in the ICU. The sooner you start the faster you heal. I have already have had my lifetime's share of physical therapy with the pain and suffering that goes with it.

I was always lucky. I felt the pain in the story and understand what it takes. When I have gone to the VA hospital and see those who really paid the price. I think for the grace of God go I. I still think of my friends and visit their graves and families once in a while . . . they gave all.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 3 years ago

I wonder how a story like this would turn out with the female soldiers coming after the wife?

soami55soami55almost 3 years ago

The best story we have ever read on LIterotica! Can't say enough. Thanks for putting the time into this story.

S & D

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 3 years ago

Thought she’d end up giving him a kidney or something. Also thought she would swear off men till he married.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

All the negative comments on the first two parts talked him out of the cuck RAAC it was all revved up for.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Seemed like the first part covered all the relevant details. 2 and 3 just felt unnecessary. I don't really buy the idea of a politician ending up at an assistant manager's job at Denny's for an offence as relatively minor as having an affair. The elite class usually land on their feet after way bigger crimes. But it's fun to imagine.

other2other1other2other1over 2 years ago

The third part felt incomplete

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An amazing storyline and well-told. I sense the respect for Husband Bob expressed by all of the many Commenters (many of them, no doubt, ex-Veterans of Afghanistan, Iraq, or Vietnam). Makes me want to renew and expand my Quarterly donations to "Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)", which I so already donate to.

I concur fully with "Soam55i", OBSunseeker", LT56LInebacker", and the many other commenters. Many of these have either experienced infidelity similar to that heaped on Bob by SlutWife Kathy or empathize with stiff upper-lipped Bob. Confession is good for the soul and there is plenty of that ....and venting, as well...for both Kathy and Bob. Empathy and compassion is shown aplenty by daughter Stacy, who is shown to be her Father's "good right arm" in so many ways....but does not stoop to petty vengeance in re. her Mom (Kathy). 'So glad that she tries to reestablish some degrees of ties with her Mom, but doubtless can never "forget" or even completely "forgive" what SlutWife Kathy did to her family and loving husband, Bob. Also how proud her Dad must be that she decides on enrolling in a Military Academy and a career of service to the U.S. modeled after and inspired by her Father, Bob.

Vengeance and justice are "dishes served cold" by the U.S. Community that shuns Kathy and which "defrocks" Mayor Donald Connelly, not to mention the well-deserved "Hooah" treatment delivered by Bob's "Band of Brothers". Good for them ! (If only the same 'justice and accountability ' could be delivered to the infamous NYC 'bone-spur' 'Nam era 'draft dodger referred to as "THE DONALD". (Also an alleged and probably equally infamous womanizer as Mayor Donald of the present story).

Kathy's "Scarlet Letter A" (apologies to Hawthorne) is well-deserved....but at least she found the strength of character at the end of the day to fully "own up" to her many sins and betrayals of her hero husband, Bob, who she lost but at least she finally comprehends the full magnitude of that loss ! (It would have been nice to have Bob and Kathy not only reconciled after 'confession', but fully rededicated to one another and living together, once again, in a state of "forgiveness", sadder but wiser, even if the wounds of betrayal inflicted by Kathy could never be completely "forgiven". However, that would not have been true to life, would it ?)

Wonderful story, deserves a 10+, if such were possible.

WrickettsWrickettsover 2 years ago

The military has the highest rate of couples getting back together. They better than anyone can understand the hardship that families go through being separated. I am a hopeless romantic and would have like to see some reconciliation between them. To often the writers in this site go straight to the I hate you and will never trust you again. In real life that truly not the case

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Even at the end it was all about her: she had to speak with him and confess, even though he knew everything. Good grief.

Why would anyone want to get back together with someone like her? I guess some people need to be miserable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just wished they could mend their fences and get back together.

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

What? "mend their fences", Anonymous? His ex-wife is a faithless amoral whore whore defining personality trait is her insipid self-centered untrustworthiness. And Connolly should've been castrated with a blowtorch...

other2other1other2other1over 2 years ago

Overall this was a great story, it was well written and had all the right ingredients. However the ending kind of fizzled a bit for me when compared to the rest of the story. The MC was awesome but at the same time I would have loved to see him happier in the end. It kind of left me wanting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Must agree with other2other 1. Having lived thru a similar situation I think they could have made a better ending for both of them without Kathy losing her compass again. And yes, Robert would always have a pang of doubt and apprehension in his heart if he had stayed with his wife. As is often written: I think he could have been happier with her than with without her.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

That second confession meant nothing..not one new bit of information was dispersed. All it could serve to do is hurt an already hurt man even more so it's selfish. These hoes ain't loyal

Boardman68Boardman68almost 2 years ago

Good story. I enjoyed it. I agree with some of the other comments. Kathy going back to Connelly for a 2nd time after all that had already happened....affair discovered (which began only 30 days after Bob left for Afghanistan!); Connelly showing his true character at the press conference; seeing all the hurt Kathy caused to her husband & daughter. In spite of all that, in a matter of weeks she is back with Connelly. That truly demonstrated her lack of character and the inability to trust her now or in the future.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Second read and first-time commenting. As you can possibly glean from my username I was as soldier. I have seen spouses like the cheater firsthand. They come in all shapes and sizes. The very worst are the ones who cheat as the soldier are boarding the flight overseas. I also struggle, even though the writer told the story very well, why the cheating wife didn't suffer corporal pain? She certainly is a low life who would need a ladder to kiss a snake’s ass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I will simply echo all the positive comments from previous reviewers.

Introducing retrospective analysis of cause and effect accomplishes nothing, therefore I will not make any comment on the lies and subterfuge used to embroil the United States in the wars mentioned.

I will however simply state in memory of my late brother-in-law (a veteran of the "Vietnam War") who died last year of cancers all of our family are certain were caused by his repeated exposure to Agent Orange, --that the lives lost and families destroyed by these totally useless wars will never--IN MY OPINION AND MY HEART--ever be anything but tragic examples of how those of us who love our country are manipulated to serve the puppet-masters who use their money and power to acquire more.

I salute all the men and women who have served our country...especially those who paid the highest cost.

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses row on row...

Lt. Col. John McCrae (Canada)

3rd May, 1915

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"In our divorce settlement Kathy refused to take more than enough to get a fresh start. She bought a small condominium in a community in upstate New York. I hear from Stacy that she's dating again"

Of course she did. Women who cheat always move on without any regret or regard for the past. Just remember guys, women love opportunistically and are true mercenaries at heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Kathy's suicide would have been the only fitting end for the adulterous, lying slut. The idea that she has the opportunity to spend more time corrupting the values of the MC's daughter is repugnant. If the author could not bring himself to the point of a death exit for her contemptible character, he could at least have arranged a facial acid bath for the cheating cunt with resulting scarring that would have assured she did not destroy any other marriages in the future.

kameljockeykameljockeyover 1 year ago

Well written. Nice finish.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

So the MC gets Hurt emotionally, then disfigured physically. But his cheating deceitful wife stays beautiful and happy in the knowledge that she is forgiven while she fucks the eligible bachelors of upstate NY. Very unfair, just like life, truly only the wicked win.

KiwihunterKiwihunterover 1 year ago

Well having pretty much having lived this story I can tell you that 40 years later I wish that I had reconciled with my wife. More so my wife and I lost our son during our story unlike the MC in this story. We are both now in other relationships but wish we were still married to each other but let foolish pride and ego rule us preventing either of us having happy fulfilling lives. Sorry Steph.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I thought perhaps with her obviously sincere repentance he might take her back but this ending as just as satisfying.

In my final year in Norfolk I fell half in love with a beautiful red headed woman. That was 55 years ago & I still remember her fondly. My wife have been married for 51 years though & that’s my life now.

I wonder what would have happened had I married the red head. Being deployed yearly or next to that I wonder how we would have worked out.

She was probably a much free spirit than I, so I think it wouldn’t have lasted. But who knows?

Bill S.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

too many stupid things in here to be good

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Could have been a great story.

Dlh143Dlh143over 1 year ago

Could have been a great story but the cheating slut didn't pay the price for her betrayal. Not like the MC and his daughter did. So, I am giving it 2 stars for the effort.

GuSannGuSannover 1 year ago

Thank goodnes that he didnt get back to her!! Thats the way it should be! You cheated? Sorry, never again!! Divorce is the only way!! You gotta love yourself to love someone else...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a horrendous slut, couldn’t even keep her legs closed for a month? Obviously thought nothing of her husband and daughter, I’ve been deployed both Iraq and Afghanistan. All the soldiers I know remain faithful

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank God this turn out to be a stupid raac

Carioca_ManCarioca_Manabout 1 year ago

The story itself was good.

A well-adjusted plot with a good sequence, but I think the second part was a little confusing, since the narrator changed without prior notice.

It could have been in two parts, three was a bit unnecessary.

I'll have to agree with another commenter: the bitch was unharmed. He didn't get what he deserved.

Sluts who do not respect their husbands, and in particular one who was deployed on a war mission, should suffer more severe punishments and lose the right to any material goods.

The author was very lenient with her. But that's just my opinion.

jflindersjflindersabout 1 year ago

I don't see how the discussion with the ex adds anything at all to the story.

muskyboymuskyboy11 months ago

That's it??? She feels bad and that's his revenge??? You have got to be kidding. This chapter added absolutely nothing to this story and you completely missed the chance to bring even the smallest bit of justice to it.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Thankfully not reconciliation. Kathy was either a repressed nutjob or delusional or both. Her actions during the affair are not consistent with a woman feeling substantial guilt after the first slip. From there on everything she did was just pitiful and delusional. Not just the affair, but her post discovery continued sex with the predator when she couldn't reach her soon-to-be ex husband. And even with her public confession to burn Donnelly, then she gets back together with him after her husband goes to Afghanistan. Yeah she finally wakes up and severs her relationship with Donnelly but who cares. Yes her letter seemed heartfelt and she is miserable but given all the bridges she burned and her hideous choices, again who cares. Nice of him to forgive her so he can move on but whatever. He took the high road, but she is a trainwreck. Any future relationship she will have will be tainted (unknowingly to her partner) by her horrible series of betrayals of hee ex husband. I think the only reason the author added the final conversation in the hospital was him telling her that departed everything he experienced in the war in Afghanistan, her betrayal caused him more visceral pain than anything else. Otherwise it had no benefit to the plot.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 ***** for not forcing a reconciliation. Whatever slim chance might have existed was completely blown up when tne Slut had to retrieve her birth control pills even as she was bleating about not wanting a divorce. Then the idiot actually goes back to the slug for a while.

.

Good job!

MarkT63MarkT639 months ago

You saved the second chapter from RAAC hell... Hooah!!!

Falcon_W40SVFalcon_W40SV8 months ago

Jody’s and Joydies

Have been around since camp followers in ancient times. They are a scourge to every person who serves, whether in harms way or not. Civilians go through the pain of betrayal. Starting in puberty and continuing on. The highest honor is to give your life defending family, friends, brothers and sisters serving with you. No medal or public praise is as high as that. Medics and corpsmen, first responders all understand this. I’ve heard that Marines hate war, I don’t think any of us who have served feel any different. We just answer the call and do our jobs. We hope we survive and come home to our loved ones and to a great full nation.

Jody’s have no honor. Never had it and will never achieve it. Honor is beyond their comprehension.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I think this was good closure. He needed it to move on in his life, and she needed to tell him that she finally realized to the capacity she had, how much she had hurt him and betrayed him. Good closure. No one wins, because very few do in a divorce betrayal, unless someone is a true narcissist. This seems realistic and true to life. Well done.

goodshoes2goodshoes27 months ago

How many soldiers have had something like this happen? I am sure way too many. To the cheating sluts I hope you have terrible lives in front of you. To the returning soldiers, thank you for your service and I wish you many happy years ahead.

usaretusaret5 months ago

The descriptive confession she made to him was overly graphic and unnecessary . It added nothing to the story, in my opinion, and probably would not be so hurtfully recounted in real life.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Too much pain, but I guess its inevitable.

His daughter was a hero, reluctantly. I've seen female cadets on campus and more than their physical beauty is admiring their confidence, character, intelligence and determination despite the high level of harrassment they have to endure. I've witnessed it at Fort Jackson and Fort Benning. The acorn doesn't fall far from the Major's Oak Leaves... Kudos, Sir.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower5 months ago

WOW!!! Intensely emotional! Well-written with good plot and character development. Thanks for an excellent read!! And, Oh yeah, the ending is right on!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The whole confession scene was 90% redundant to what the author had Kathy say in Chapter 1 when she met hubby at the house when he had her served. About the only new info was the stupidity on her part to have tried to make it work with the sullied ex Mayor, where she finally figured out what a tool he was. Kathy was really a very immature and stupid woman.

.

This chapter was no where as good as Chapter 1, but marginally better than Ch 2, which was insipid.

.

3 ***

LoejtcLoejtc4 months ago

There is nothing more annoying than the protracted, detailed confession of a cheater to her spouse. It only deepens his humiliation while easing her guilt. Why any man would want to expose himself to this self inflicted torture is beyond my understanding This author seems to enjoy writing this scene over and over in his stories.

I’ll read no more.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Meh.

This chapter seemed largely a third rehashing of wife's confession a strange combination of gratuitously descriptive, self flagellatory and hyperbolic aggrandizing of her heroic ever so humbly self effecting and righteous victimized husband

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 months ago

Too sad. No real consequences for Kathy, ever.

AnonymousAnonymous3 days ago

Thank you for the tale Sparky. For a few of those out there that just HAD to make the personal comments about the writer - that's sure to make you folks proud of their immature children.

To all military, first responders and in mothers memory - the teachers out there, thank you all.

somewhere east of Omaha

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous