All Comments on 'A High Sweet Song'

by Maonaigh

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Bi47Bi47almost 4 years ago
Excellent💖💖💖💖💖

Very very good💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖, definitely love how you write. Thank you

vanmyers86vanmyers86almost 4 years ago

A new story by Maonaigh is always a pleasure! This one does not disappoint - well written and compelling, particularly that final twist.

LaRascasseLaRascassealmost 4 years ago

I liked it. It had a great sense for the setting and period as well as the theme. The ending was quite unexpected, so props for the sting in the tail

WaxPhilosophicWaxPhilosophicalmost 4 years ago
We all get what we deserve in the end...

Especially insolent little peasant girls. That was a twist I did not see coming, but it is so very fitting to the story. It's always a pleasure to read a new story from you. And in this one, I kept seeing Lady Corvus as Lady CORVID. I wonder if that was intentional. Five twinkling stars!

stroudlestroudlealmost 4 years ago
Brilliant

Wow that was some emotional journey you took us on Maonaigh, first I liked Elena then her use of Marla had me change my mind and in the end I felt a pang of pity for Elena.

I too did not see that end coming, it added to dark brooding gothic nature of the story and fitted very well. Very atmospheric, I could almost smell the stale air

Great story brilliantly written, I enjoyed it very much. Thank you

Five stars and a favourite all day long

Jc

Shaima32Shaima32almost 4 years ago
Dark and mysterious

I'm not really a big fan of Gothic stories and my vampires aren't so dark and forbidding but this one was quite good. Corvus sounds almost like it came from the character of a similar name in Underworld, although it's been a while since I've seen those movies. I like the tests that Elena had to overcome in order to gain admission to the inner sanctum, very Joseph Conrad although with a twist in the tail. It has a definite moral rhythm though, coming willingly into the inner sanctum as opposed to trying to gain access through trickery. It does however beg a sequel, perhaps one told from Maria's perspective. How did she succumb to Corvus? Curious minds want to know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
oh noo..

why? 😭

sandy_parissandy_parisalmost 4 years ago

Nice story and well written, not a big fan of this genre but nice to have variety

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppalmost 4 years ago
Karma

Elena certainly got what was coming to her in the end. She should have known better than to demand something from a vampire. I figured that her trading her lover for a chance at immortality was not going to go well for her. The sealing over the floor reminded me of a classic Poe story. Well done.

AngieLightHeart0AngieLightHeart0over 3 years ago

I'm a big lover of the supernatural. Anything with vampires, dragons, ghosts, were-creatures or other magical beings I'm in heaven. This story was an emotional roller coaster to say the least. I felt for Elena having to spend eternity buried but wouldn't she need blood to keep her alive within that tomb? Would she ever be found and take revenge? Good idea for a sequel. A brilliant story with a shocking twist at the end. Thank you Maonaigh. You made me a happy bunny and made my day.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54about 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this story. I loved the twist st the end. Thanks for sharing.

the1with2handsthe1with2handsover 2 years ago

I loved the story (can't go wrong with lesbian vampires)! The langauge is top-notch even though I'm not a big fan of this style, I think it becomes too bloated with long monologues and descriptions. But the core of story, I like a lot! Again, the language I think is by far the best of the stories I've read here on Literotica. I also appreciate the modest length of the story. Elena is an interesting character!

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

Not to my taste atall.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Omg so sad… please write a part 2

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 1 year ago

Is it a crime, after living a forster childhood, dreaming about a freedom about a kind of fearless lifetime ...... This trade might suit Lady Corvus, but she might forgot about Marla or? ...... Love has no borders or? So Marla may come for Elenas rescue after Lady Corvus tragedy happen ...... Sounds like a nice treat, so may Lady Corvus will be trading places with Elena ...... Smile

👿👿👿👿👿👿👿👿👿 ten evil faces

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaonaigh@Maonaigh
I've been writing semi-pro since the 1960s, most of my stories falling under the blanket heading of weird tales. However, I'd written nothing for 5-6 years because my wife was very ill and disabled and care for her was my priority. Some months after her death in December 2013 ...