A High Sweet Song

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You may have realised by now, Elena Havlec, that we are far, far below the castle, deep within the mountain itself. There is a multitude of these ancient oubliettes at hidden levels, so many that even I can no longer recall where all of them are situated. Here you will remain—soon to be forgotten—as were my prisoners and those of my ancestors in long ages past."

"But why? Why?"

"Because despite your pretentions and because as Mihaela said when you first came here with your demands, you are nothing more than an insolent peasant." Lady Corvus's eyes reddened with rage. "We—and we alone—select those who are to join our ranks. We do not accept supplicants as if we were a nunnery or a college!

"Had I discovered you then I might well have chosen you for a companion. I recognise qualities in you which would have made you an asset to our world, qualities such as I saw in Mihaela so many years gone by, qualities such as I have recently discovered in dearest Marla's person. Instead, you came to me and demanded to become Nosferatu as if by right. Such presumption cannot go unpunished."

The vampire woman tightened her grip on Marla's hand, urging her forward. "She is worthy, for she made the ultimate sacrifice for an unworthy friend. She came sadly, reluctantly, to our world but will now dwell in it with honour and glory.

"Hubris brought you to our world and now you will have an eternity to contemplate your arrogant folly. I had one of my gypsy servants construct the iron box you now occupy for as you know, iron is anathema to such as we; as an added precaution he has welded a great number of crosses onto the metal. If you can remain perfectly still, then you might avoid further physical suffering. But there will always be the hunger. I imagine that by now it is starting to become intolerable. We will leave you to ponder on what might have been and what is. Think of those continuous, ecstatic climaxes we allowed you before feasting, climaxes to be yours no more. Lie and consider your folly. And think, while you lie here, Marla and Mihaela and I will frequently enjoy one another's bodies and those delightful climaxes.

"Welcome to eternity, Elena Havlec!" Lady Corvus slammed down the trapdoor and there was the sound of a massive bolt being rammed home. Soon other noises—strangely familiar noises, such as those made by the village builders when they were renovating or repairing a dwelling—reached Elena's now hypersensitive hearing and gradually she realised with horror that the floor above her prison was being sealed over.

Her hoarsening screams continued long after the gypsy artisans had laid the final bricks and ascended to the ancient castle's upper levels.

The End