All Comments on 'A Home for Christmas'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
sacksackabout 18 years ago
unique!!

I liked the way you integrated the helping theme into this story. It's a bit wordy and the first page could be tightened a little. But I enjoyed your writing style and the sex was hot!

CWCWabout 18 years ago
very well done

I've seen a few attempts at incorporating the gulf coast mess into stories,,, they all seemed to be rather weak.

This story though has enough depth of character to be believable.

Very well done,,, yes indeed,,, very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Nicely done

Good luck with the contest.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
outstanding!

This story is an extremely well-written blend of the hurricane disaster with the aftermath, the personal tribulations, and the emotions of the Season.

-- KVK

Selena_KittSelena_Kittabout 18 years ago
Awwww!

Very apt title! Sweet and heartwarming and romantic. Good luck!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Beautiful

Great job, Jack. Very touching story about love coming after tragedy. Good luck to you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great

One of your best stories ever.

Boyd

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
see my private e-mail message

You did a great job on this story. The story has wonderful plot development and as someone from Michigan and a wife of a construction worker, I can see this man going down there. The plot line was so well done, as well as the characters. You have told a tale of two needy people who have found each other.

Keep up the great work!

Marianna

ReduxBlueReduxBlueover 16 years ago
Katrina Construction

Very romantic and kind! I liked your characters and would like to hear more about them. You gave enough backstory on each of them to get me interested, then fleshed them out so that they seemed real. Good people finding some happiness in a disaster, and bringing some joy to a little girl. Tugged most of the relevant heart strings for me. The sex scenes were well done, any more would have distracted from the story. I didn't want to hear about them moving apart, but then again that's reality and the problem with short stories. Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great Story

This story should continue. It really intrequed me. and had agreat plot which would be so easy to continue. keep up the great work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Beautiful

very well done, characters were believable and the story moved along nicely

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Please give us a sequel

I have read and reread this story. Would love to see a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 15 years ago
hope

You should know that I read these stories in this genre to see what they can convey as far as romance and, hope for the protagonist(s). This was Wonderful!! Thank you for the story and the persons in it. Somewhere there is a person around who will match my wishes. Do this more often,please?

RePhilRePhilover 13 years ago
Wonderful uplifting story

By no means would I consider myself a writer BUT I do know what I enjoy reading and this story was great. I would make a small comment though. You missed an amazing opportunity to paint a picture of them opening and enjoying the presents. I though you drove by this part of the story too fast. Anyhow keep these stories comin

jimdel1jimdel1about 13 years ago
ALAS.................

a beautiful and heart-warming story...................but alas, even at this date (12/01/2010) there are still many, many still in that same quandry from that devastating hurricane!!!!!!!!

Socially_IneptSocially_Ineptalmost 13 years ago
Awwwwww!

A truly wonderful story. I truly loved it. Thank you so much for writing it.

phd70phd70almost 12 years ago
Heartwarming Tale - Triumph over adversity and a new beginning!

Really enjoyed this story.The start of a turnaround for mother, daughter, and the lonely 'instant Santa'. Excellent upbeat story about emotional connection, family, and a rebirth. Gave it a 5!

kujhykujhyover 11 years ago
:)

yeah 5 stars too !! you write so well !

TalonsreachTalonsreachabout 11 years ago
Good stuff

This is the second time around for this one for me. It still reaches into my soul just as much as it did the first time. I agree with earlier comment that the helping theme adds tremendously to the overall story. Overcoming adversity (rather than just a straight jerk story) makes this so much better!

Keep writing as you definitely have a gift.

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfalmost 11 years ago
Couldn't give anything but a "5"...

Excellent story, well written, and HOT!!! I'm one of those old truck drivers, had been through the area just before Katrina hit, then just a few days later, I was bringing supplies down to the area... Was just unbelievable what kind of devastation that was there... Can't even believe that it was the same country... People just can't imagine the kinds of things that went on during the storm unless you saw it for yourself...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
an excellent story of two lost souls finding each other as well as making her daughter happy

Unless you have been through it you can never imagine what it must be like to lose everything due to a hurricane....thankfully she was strong enough to keep going and then found love...really romantic...loved it...

MeltnmoldMeltnmoldalmost 10 years ago

A1 Prime Story............. Perfect............

OU812bf342OU812bf342over 9 years ago
Awesome

This has all the makings of a Hallmark Channel movie. Of course it would have to edited for TV and that would take out all the good parts....lol. Truly well done from start to finish.

JohnSpiritWolfJohnSpiritWolfover 9 years ago
I saw the utter and complete destruction first hand...

People just can not understand something like that unless they've seen it first hand... I'm one of those old truck drivers, I pull a refrigerated trailer around this great country of ours... I remember pulling quite a few loads of food, water, and ice down there in the aftermath of Katrina... I will never forget it... Once you've seen it, you just can't forget it...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
OK MORE

OK SO WHAT HAPPENED DID THEY STAY TOGETHER DID THEY MARRY . IT SEEMS THE STORY IS NOT FINISHED.

DO YOU HAVE A SEQUEL??

RON TEXAS cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
For Shame

Lascivious fornication on Christmas Eve!

What's the world coming to.

I gave it 4 stars, pretty good story.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Nice story

An erotic and hopeful Christmas story.

Merry Christmas! (OH, OH, OH, O my God, we still in October, two months before Christmas)

5* for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

marco0marco0over 6 years ago
Oh dear !

I must be a sentimental old man . I cried. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
So Very Sweet

Two lonely souls finding love in the aftermath of a severe hurricane.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Read This Years

And one Month after the events in this story.

"He went back to his paper, looking over the previous day's NFL scores, and shook his head in disgust. The damned Lions were hopeless, he decided. They'd lost again, they'd already fired their coach and they were headed for yet another dismal season." Thanks for the reminder, Mooch was just the latest coach in the continuing long, long list of failures in the Motor City.

But you made up for it with the rest of the story, I thank you for that. Stories like this are not supposed to put tears in the eyes of old men, I can't count the number of holidays and birthdays I spent alone in hospitals or simply alone. We had a number of LEO's and support people in New Orleans after Katrina. The local law enforcement didn't want our feds there, they only wanted the money and stuff, lots and lots of stuff. Signed: BTW

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 4 years ago
Sweet Story!

Beautiful!

Mojo648Mojo648almost 4 years ago
Review

Can we have more chapters on the future of these people please.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Very sugary but enjoyable. Love happy endings.

jntiquesjntiquesabout 3 years ago

Dear Author, Very nice. Thank you for writing this one. I really enjoyed the journey, Definitely

a five star love story. jntiques/john

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Everyone needs hope, even better when three people can come together like in this story. I realized that its been 10 years since you posted a story jack, hope that you are still out there somewhere.

somewhere east of Omaha

Cor007Cor007over 2 years ago

Thanks for placing this story in the aftermath of Katrina. I am touched, because I spent 2 weeks as volunteer at a non profit who set up camp in Waveland to help rebuild homes for the most needy, the elderly and a family with a handicapped daughter, who had no insurance and no way to rebuild their homes, so they used volunteers under supervision of a licensed contractor and electrician, to either rebuild or just remodel if the frame was still good and rewire and finish the home so these people could move from their FEMA trailer or return from crashing with family and move back into their homes.

I have seen and heard the destruction and despair up close and personal, so I was touched by the setting of this story. Thank you!

CriosCriosover 2 years ago

Beautiful love story!

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 2 years ago

Her Fragrant Gash. Such a romantic fuck. sigh

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I have a short list of tales for the season, this is certainly there. Thanks Jack, wherever you are.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Extra star for bush. Bush equals woman

Bald girl

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This author is a shitty writer.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

I liked the basis of the story, but the time between the screwing and the "I love you", was just a little too quick for my taste. Seeing how much both of them had been hurt previously, it seems it would have taken much more time and learning to trust each other, before the "I love you" came into the picture. Never heard either of them questioning going bare back, being on the pill or any kind of protection. Of course it's just a story, but that base was covered in some of your other stories.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Nice, but there isn't really any nee for pages of details about their normal sex session. It's a story about loneliness and love, and the sex isn't adding anything.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous