All Comments on 'A Husband For Maria'

by Mississippirebel_58

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
sweet, nice story

there was a bit too much "tell me" instead of "show me" in the narrative style at the end for my taste. but over all a fine, excellent piece of writing. kudos on it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
liked the style quite a bit

it's a refreshing, easy style,,, the style of story telling is unique, because it conveys, simultaneously a sense of seriouness interlacing with goofiness fun.

one moment there's tears and happiness, but the next it could be a tragedy,,,, the example of the grandfather (bad grandfather)'s eyes being burnt away from looking at the first nukular (our great President's terminology) in New Mexico,,,, that's just hilariously sad!

thank you for such a fun read,,, it's almost like a dairy. I'm sure a lot of what's talked about in the story is based on personal experience/knowledge,,, most people would have little or no knowledge, or care for, AFB in nowhere central California,,, or UC Berkeley's baseball team (which I heard is still going on???)

again, thanx, dear author, for a good long read,,, thoroughly enjoyed it

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
A very good story

Definitely a feel-good story and I really enjoyed it. The type of life that you like to see the story of, where the setbacks are easily overcome.

I thought Maria was going to tell him they were having the third set of twins. And I figured Desiree would have a set. Have to keep up with the family tradition!

Kanga40Kanga40over 17 years ago
A good story

Different site, different name, same good story.

Just a nice romance, what else is there to say?

Having had a connection with the airline industry for many years in the 60s and 70s I was extremely surprised to read about someone flying in a 747 in 1965... More likely it was a 707.

The 747's maiden flight was early 1969, and Pan Am and a few other airlines started commercial flights about a year later.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago

The best story I have read so far. A story of family, hope, dignity, unconditional love and faith, unselfish love and grace. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
LOVE IT LOVED IT LOVED IT

It reminds me of that one movie with keanu(sp) reeves. I absolutely loved the movie and i absolutely love this story!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Thanks

For a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Damn Good Story

This story is great. Too bad the other one was not up to this ones level.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Great story

A great story, romantic and fun. There were dramatic and cruel moments, and others really happy and fun.

I understand that being the author of Canadian origin, may make mistakes in the names of the populations of Spain (the air base that is cited in Spain is the base of Torrejón, not Terrejon), and in the province of Barcelona there is no population Called Sta. Rosita. I know it well, since I have lived in those areas of Spain for some years. I suppose this is a literary license.

Anyway, these details do not detract any merit from history, and I recognize that the author did some geographic research.

I would have liked to have been able to give more than 5 *, and I would like the author to consider writing again on this site.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

rightbankrightbankalmost 7 years ago
Very entertaining and compelling

He had such a tough start but made it work.in spite of, or maybe because of, how hard life was he was open to helping others.

I enjoyed the story and liked the characters, a lot.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

but

When the attorney over seeing his trust fund absconded with the money I don't understand why they shrugged it off and said oh well. Criminal charges? A suit against the Law Firm? Fraud loss insurance on the partners?

and

If you are going to make wine making a key element in the storyline you should pay closer attention to the basics. i.e. Chablis can only be called Chablis if it is made in the small village of the same name which is within the designated region of Burgundy, France using the Chardonnay grape. Pinot Blanc is called Pinot Bianca in Spain and, and, and, Sorry, but it does matter.

Johnny0432Johnny0432almost 7 years ago
I loved the story 5 stars

I was expecting Johnny to dump plans of an education especially Air Force once he had money. BUT he didn't. He did only good with the money, it NEVER went to his head. Wonderful story author. Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Amazing

Absolutely amazing! I especially must thank you for not ending the story with “they got married, punched out a couple kids and lived happily married till their deaths etc etc” almost like it was an after thought like a lot of authors on here unfortunately do. Thanks again!4UabyA

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow, what a saga. I’m pretty sure this could be turned into TV mini-series. I mean heck, it was a better story than “Dallas” or “Desperate Housewives”. At least I would be sure it was if I had watched those tv shows. ; ) . 5*****

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous