All Comments on 'A Joke Ch. 02'

by Agena

Sort by:
  • 222 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
I agree with another person below. They committed

a felony and both deserved criminal charges and jail time. My goodness she got away with this "joke" after two weeks, wonder what the next "joke" she plays on him will be, cutting off his dick and saying opps? The total disrespect and disloyalty to her husband were enough to end the marriage contract. Whether she actually committed adultry or not really wasnt even necessary. Had it been me, I guess both would have been dead very soon after, and I would have plead temporary insanity due to what they had done to me. Anyone and everyone pleading for him just the take the piece of trash back needs to be dropped from his list of known persons forever, they sense of reality and friendship are totally skewed.

bornagainbornagainalmost 16 years ago
Jack Harlan

I think that Tester was in on the joke because it was Flo and Roger that called him in the first place to do the tests right?So maybe he wrote up the report and said in the report that they were telling the truth to get him to take Flo back

Pat .

KOLKOREKOLKOREalmost 16 years ago
Too many busy bodies too little real answers...

I did not have so much of a problem with this ending (or any particular ending for that matter, but rather, I felt quite eroded by the way the story was told. I wish you could cut some of the many repetitions of the too many busy bodies which always seem to keep repeating their unsolicited advice/requests for the husband to ‘already take his poor wife back’… One ‘mind your own business’ or a more polite ‘it’s between me and my wife’ would have been not only refreshing change for this kind of a story (as this type of interaction with friend/family seems to be the automatic standard), but it would have given some space for more serious questions. For example: what happened in the wife’s mind after the first incident when the husband warned her not to repeat this type of pranks and his explanation that he finds them both upsetting and a serious dander to their marriage? Namely what part of: ‘don’t ever repeat it again’ she didn’t understand? Another question which he could have asked her: What exactly did she find fun/funny in the cruel physical imprisonment to her husband (just as he was protesting in the most urgent way)? Dealing with those questions (which the story itself planted the seeds of) would have taken the husband and I believe the reader to much better understanding and overall outcome of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
sucker for? Love?

If you went for the gut reactions you succeeded :)

If it was me and I would have had a gun near I probably wouldn't had said a bad word to them. I would just have gotten that gun and shot them. to believe people to be able to play that twisted and get away with it? Nah. Women are much smarter than that :) Believe me. Try for a real life scenario next time.

Cheers

Yoron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
It was obvious the neighbor lacked respect for him

or his own wife Alice. That his wife actually conspired with the neighbor to act out sexual "jokes" on both of their spouses shows a deep lack of respect or love for them. It was an act of betrayal and disrespect whether sex occurred or not. The act of handcuffing him, their actions whether sex or not, that caused him to injure himself and prevent his ability to leave was pure and simple kidnapping and imprisonment as one reader wrote. This decision to divorce her was a good one but his lack of filing charges against both of the was a stupid decision. I have real problmes with people who say get over it, as if the husband did something wrong. It isnt the wronged parties obligation to forgive and accept what happened. It is thw wrong doers obligation to put what they have done right. Let her go back in time listen the first time he said not to do something and then relive the time without doing the second stupid act as a dare to force him to act. Personally I would have assumed this was their way to get their spouses to divorce them so that they could be togehter. There is nothing in the story that would prevent that from being the plan. Actually in reality lie detector test can be manipulated and a very good practiced liar, like the neighbor seems to be, would easily be able to invalidate the test. I would have insisted they prove they did not have sexual relations of any type, not just intercourse. Remember Bill Clintons it wasnt sex some folks dont consider oral or necking as sex (such as fingering off) and it be very easy to deny sexual acts and not tell a lie to the detector. There is nothing in the story to show the wife's personality and behavior pattern has been changed, only that she said it wont happen again, yeah right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
This was the right course to take

I think that Agena took the right course in his decision to take his loving wife Flo back. Great Story! Yet, how could Flo have been involved in those jokes (acts) toward him to start with? RAG

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
You blew it

Why the hell didn't the husband call the police as soon as he got home and told them the story. Thare is a law, akin to kidnapping, about unlawful detainment, especially where injury to the detained party occurs. The bloody wounds on the wrist would have been sufficient. Then he could have charged his wife and roger with the crime. As they were led away he could have whispered to Roger and Flo..." don't worry...it's just a little joke of mine."

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good story, all things considered

Not as good as many of your stories but it was consistent with the characters as you created them in chapter 01. My only complaint is the failure to show Roger getting his ass kicked around the block. He was the instigator of the stupid pranks, Flo was just the naive wife who played along with the stupid pranks. Did he get divorced?

the Ct Yankee

marriedwithballsmarriedwithballsover 16 years ago
A ;ot of readers think this is fiction

but it is all too true. Many people have a disease that causes them to constantly play jokes on others. Often these individuals, most are men, they will pick a person who just plain don't like the jokes the other guy pull. This will normally cause the jokester to become obsessed with pulling jokes on the other parson. These situations have actually led to violence. It's a rare occorence to find a wife that will play the part with the jokester against her husband but i imagine that it could exist. You the writer) was right to have the wife in this story seek consul. She was as sick as the joker. It's called folie aduex it means madness of two. You did a good job on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
PROOF IS IN THE PUDDIN

Good and frustrating story. When Jim went over to Mary's to have his talk with Flo I kept waiting for Jim to ask Flo to make her little keening noise on demand. To see if she could reproduce it exactly without having an orgasm. That would have been the real test. My wife makes a little squeak from air rushing in her nose and mouth at the same time when she cums. She can imitate it when we aren't making love but it doesn't quite sound the same, close but it's just lacking something. Like Jim I live for that sound so I know it very well. The way you mentioned it I thought you would base Jim's decision on Flo replicating her sound on demand. Since Jim didn't check the bed after Roger ran out or her panties when she uncuffed him. Of course that would have ruined the whole plot. I really like your stories, great and different ideas. They could be fleshed out just a little. I like stories that get right to the point like yours but adding a few more details would really round em out. I don't care for stories that get so detailed that they go on and on until you lose interest so I guess it's a delicate balance. THANKS AGAIN I REALLY ENJOYED IT

thebulletthebulletover 16 years ago
A little more accepting

<p>I, too was vaguely uncomfortable with this reconciliation. On the other hand, geez, if she really didn't do the dirty, then she's mostly guilty of being a heartless idiot.</p>

<p>Every married person is an idiot at some point in the marriage. You get in an argument; you say something stupid, hurtful. Whatever. There are a million ways to hurt your partner, and along the way during a marriage, most people bump up against several of them. </p>

<p>I'm not saying that she did doesn't deserve some major retribution and to perform a whole lot of groveling. But divorce? It's easy for the readers to demand divorce from an author. But what about their own spouses? Would that act warrant their own divorce?</p>

<p>If that's all it takes, we'd have a heck of a lot more single people running around.</p>

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
In All Fairness

I did like the first chapter very much, and in all fairness, you did not want to finish it so we can't bitch too much. Realizing you just wanted to finish, if we read between the lines about Flo seeing a shrink, we could say she is doing some soul searching and trying to change her ways and go back to respecting her husband. What she did was really BAD. I still don't think the husband would have been so quick to kiss and make up even if he did take her back. Trust takes time to rebuild and she should have a long rough time ahead to prove herself by her actions. And like Harry has said, he didn't do anything wrong, he even warned her about her behavior and the jokes repeatedly.

The Snipe

RandallRRandallRover 16 years ago
Well short of your potential....

Cause your Ch 01 had so much going for it...a suspenseful buildup, a non-wimp reactive husband, an unusual did they/did they not(for this genre)cheating scenario, and the deeper questions of love and honour/respect/betrayal/forsake all others/ etc left to answer.

Ch 02 seems lacking in the plot continuation area, it's like the lead character became a wimp after a couple of lonely weeks apart. Read some of the comments here and realise your Ch02 quickey isn't plausible in the scenario you created. The complex issues and strong character traits you developed in Ch01 just didn't carry through to this limp wristed sequel, and it's such an unlikely ending, kiss n make up and all's well - give us a break!

Even the females out there want to kick shit out of Flo! More likely he ends up a drunk or in a mental home after her mindscrewing antics return.

You're such a good writer based on past work that you likely will feel the need to reprise this mash and redevelop the thread from where you left Ch01. You know how to do it...a little retribution, consequences, cum-uppance, pain if you like and a happy ending so long as our hero is emancipated to a two-way caring relationship in the process.

PUR-LEASE!!

JADED_ONE1969JADED_ONE1969over 16 years ago
Not My Ending!

Okay your the writer not me but as far as I'm concearned yes they had a chance of getting back together as long as the husband could trust the lie decector me personally I wouldn't but then that's me.The problem I have with this ending is no revenge has been done to Roger or to the wife who seems to have got off lightly.

Apart from that good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Ending Misses The Point

Well written and the first chapter was very good, but the second chapter contradicts the point. We would all like to forgive, but we must ask ourselves at what cost? At the very least, start the divorce proceedings because there is no respect from either the neighbor or the wife. She chose who she was going to follow when she decided it would be hilarious to demean her husband and consequently the neighbor's wife. This asshole just wanted to put everyone down to make himself feel powerful. She in fact submits to the neighbor, placing him in a position of power over her husband, herself, and her marriage. There is no more equal footing. In this case, perception is reality. Personally if people want to play these types of games their relationship is not healthy enough to sustain its members on an equal footing. It most certainly would be best if no legal relationship existed to ensure that they would submit willingly to these games instead of under duress. But then again, relationships are partially based on emotions which evolve or devolve over time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good original story but weak ending.

You write well and the idea was very much off the beaten path, but I'm not sure I would want to stay married to a woman who though huniliating me and having pretend sex with the next door neighbor was hilarious. The two jokers even MADE A FOOL OF HIS WIFE BY SENDING HER ON A PHONEY CALL TO THE HOSPITAL. yOUR SOLUTION OF RESUMING THEIR MARRIAGE IS LOGICAL, BUT I DON'T THINK THE MARRIAGE WILL EVER BE THE SANE AGAIN.

60 Year old George

SleeplessinMDSleeplessinMDover 16 years ago
This Joke reminded me...

of the story where the wife ties up the husband and fucks a man in front of him because she believes that he would get a thrill of it. What about sharing her orgasmic cry with her next door neighbor? What about her total disregard for his feelings the first time she pulled this stunt? There is no question that there is something wrong with Flo. Her antics had been going on for sometime so this was no single mistake.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bottom Line: It really depends on the quality of their relationship so you have to have been there to judge whether it was worth going on with the marriage. In other words either ending where the husband stayed or left would have been justified. Flo could have real remorse for her actions or she realized that she had better tell him what he wanted to hear.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is he a wimp? Heck No! She realized that there was a line she better not cross again! Although the lie detector test was silly (they could have jerked or sucked each other off and not view that as "sex") it did show that she was willing to do what was needed to meet his demands.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
a lie detecting?

surely you are jokin', right, mr. writer?

machine in-put: <p>

question is asked: if heart rate beats 2/5 faster, it is a "yes," if not, it is a "no":..... <p>

an impartial and qualified person looks at a person and asks, <p>

"Did you have sex with a man other than your husband that night?" <p>

calmly, "No." no irregular heart beat substantial enough to qualify as a "yes". <p>

IT IS TRUE, STATED UNEQUVICALLY BY A MACHINE, folks, the woman had no sex with another man that night! <p>

what kind of nonsense is that? LOL <p>

no court of law ever allow such nonsense as evidence, although astrologers and folks who belief such gibberish nonense likely also believe such blood/heart-rate and positive-negative correlation... <p>

please, write something funny or somethin'; there's enough really, raelly dumb "writers" populating Lit. land here already...

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
A Minus & A Plus = Compromise

He was a bit more conciliatory a little too quick for my tastes.<P>

However a very imaginative & worthwhile tale Author. It isn't necessary that we all think alike and the buck does stop with you doesn't it!<P>

We look forward to your next and appreciate your time and efforts here.

With High Regard

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Good ending but....

Harry's points are valid - he turned out to be a wimp. Perhaps this is what lead up to the point, where his stupid wife assumed that this type of joke would be funny [for whom, we do not know]. Where is the the revenge on the other party in this mess? Were there any real consequences?

bruce22bruce22over 16 years ago
It is a solution and may even be a good one.

In real life after hearing her little speech and looking at the results of the lie detector he would be left without option either he accepts that he has no good reason to not try again or he admits that he does not want his wife back because she has hurt him too much. I admit I would have insisted on a question about where and why of the orgasmic cry being included, and would be a bit leary about Bill Clinton interpretations of what is a sexual relation! Did they masturbate in front of each other or even script their show. As far as I am concerned that would be too much intimacy between my neighbor and my wife. Thanks for inventing and writing this story Agena.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 16 years ago
whether she had sex or not; IRRELVANT

chapter 1 was great... this one Not so much. the KEY issues was not tackled at all. The HUSBAND is a bit of a wimp .

<br></br>

FIRST: Lets deal with the <b>wife's mindset</b>... which appears to have been something like this:

<br></br>

<i> Hey Roger you know what would be a great joke to play on my husband? lets chain him up in the basement while we go upstairs and pretend to fuck... or maybe we actually will... then he will hear all the pretend fuck noises and we will comeback down stairs and we can laugh at him...."</i>

<br></br>

You see... it never occurrs to FLO that her husband might react differently. That he might physically hurt himself trying to escape.

<br></br>

<b>In fact its clear that Flo never at ANY time thought about her husband or his reaction for one second while thinking about this of this practical JOKE with Roger</b>

<br></br>

The solution to this crisis in this chapter is total failure because it nevers deals with how his wife could think like that.

<br></br>

SECOND:... How and more importantly WHY does the husband say "WE seem to have gotten off the track"... what the fuck did HE do wrong?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

A Joke Previous Part
A Joke Series Info

SIMILAR Stories