All Comments on 'A Joke Ch. 02'

by Agena

Sort by:
  • 221 Comments
chasbo38chasbo38about 1 month ago

Her voluntary and eager participation in two jokes at the expense of her husband is a clear indication that she had a need to put him in his place, whatever she thought that was. She claims she does not know why she did it. Until she does know why she did she it a second time after her husband gave her a clear warning not to, she is likely to do it again.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 month ago

Part one and part two failed in my book.

OlefishermanOlefishermanabout 1 month ago

She committed adultery by the act of the"joke" itself. Know more blanton disrespect could she have she shown to her husband than she did and the author knew it when he had her co-conspirator flee in his truck.

She is a slut in her head,if not in the body. A sick one also.. Time for a cape wearing Super Super Shink for her and a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I guess I'm about average macho, but the handcuffs would have warranted getting the law involved.

Tough to get past that premise to get to "The Joke".

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lie detector tests depend a lot on how good the administrator is. I was convinced of this by an administrator who had me tell a little white lie in answering several questions she asked. She correctly identified the one prevarication. Of course, there are psychopaths who can lie without making a blip on the recorders, but there are ways to detect them also. So, maybe both Flo and Roger were both psychopaths.

DeanofMeanDeanofMean3 months ago

Second reading and well written but why would he ever believe her he should have laid kidnapping and assault charges on both of them

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lie detector tests don't PROVE anything except questions were asked & answers given; ...just saying.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Flo, during her initial talk with her husband, says the 2wkd she couldn't be in contact with him was the worst in her life & made her "realize" how much she loves him. Why do those who cheat then "realize" how much they love their spouse? What happened to "remember"; to me, it sounds less bad. Just sayin'.

Overall, I"m happy that they reconciled, but the unasked question concerns what exactly what they did- the supposed making out/ checking on his etchings, & after the handcuff episode. Also, maybe he checking her panties upon being released to find if there's anything dripping from her pussy that shouldn't be there. Of course, he was beyond angry at the time. gr

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove5 months ago

There was nothing funny about that joke. It was cruel and could have been dangerous. I guess taking her back was the move to make and I also think that finding a new place to live was also needed. This was a very well written, thought-provoking story that kept me on edge until the end. Nice work.

OGHMNWOGHMNW5 months ago

Wonderful story full of emotions and internal drama. They passed the test that no sex occurred but was there other actual fooling around would be the doubting question in my mind. As a Romantic at Heart I enjoyed the outcome. Interesting that the daughter sided with dad and the son sided with mom. Thank You!

Fjmax6Fjmax66 months ago

Good story and I am happy with the ending since nothing happened other than Flo disrespecting him, but she realized her mistake and to toss 25 years of marriage. Not all stories have to be BTB stories.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I liked the story overall but have problems with the reconciliation. It's not that I'm opposed to it, but after the jokes, especially with him being handcuffed to the pole, while they showed they didn't have sex, the acts to lead to that belief on the husband's part was filled with distain & disrespect, not the love that should've been there. >>There is, however, maybe, a way to check if there was sex: checking his wife's vagina. Even tho saying this, if they did & he wore a condom, there wouldn't be anything to see/ feel. And there's the case of if she washed herself before returning to her husband.

>> In the talk at Mary's house, she apologized but he never brought up that (disrespect) matter, or what would happen if anything close to it happened again. That HAD to be discussed. Even tho she's allowed to return home, there should've been separation for a small time. Yes, they had 2wks or whatever until the tests, but the joking, even with hubby cautioning his wife, went well beyond boundaries. He also didn't tell his wife she's not to be friends with Roger in the future- no communication, visits, or anything else.

>> For the son who wanted his father to let his mom return, what wasn't asked was if something like that happened to him, would he just accept it, thinking that they did have sex despite saying they're only joking. After all, he only received bloody wrists from that.

4 stars for an interesting story, tho I think Roger & his wife are a shade less than morons. Bob

Buster2UBuster2U7 months ago

5 big stars. To me, it was obvious that Roger was trying to "seduce" the wife with these little jokes. The basement "handcuffed" trick included sending Roger's wife back to work. So that was very "Involved" and well planned. Hubby should have shoved his hand into his wife's panties to check for cum. That is the only way to know for sure. However, I have forgotten to do it myself, so it is easy to forget. I really think that the jokes were used by Roger to seduce the wife and that they actually "made out" the first time and actually "fucked" the second time. Separation and Divorce is the only thing that makes sense. His wife was too disrespectful. She was warned. Thanks, Buster2U

Medussa55Medussa557 months ago

As you said you didn't want to write a conclusion and perhaps you shouldn't have. I know you have long since moved on from Lit so will probably never read this but the conclusion seems thin and rushed. The story just deserved more. Others have written endings and to be honest are better constructed.

orneryonezorneryonez7 months ago

Hubby should have chained her up to a tree in the backyard and let loose with the Cat Of Nine Tails!... pull a so called "prank" like that on me and she wouldn't lay down on her back for a month!!!

DarkmagnetDarkmagnet9 months ago

Nope! Even if there was no physical cuckolding, there was emotional cuckolding. There was no respect for the husband. The jokes, if you call them jokes, were demeaning, cutting, and meant to destroy, at his expense. Damned sure no comfort, nor honor. Caused him sickness and broke the forsaking all others in his presence. There can be no forgiveness because even if there had not been penetrative sex, there was adultery because she chose another man over her husband.

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

This is a good attempt at a conclusion, but the wrongful restraint/imprisonment is a pretty serious thing. Good try but tge lead-up is so much better than the conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If they lived next door to each other, why did Jim have to get into his vehicle to drive home?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Horrible ending. No drama whatsoever, no real proof they didn't work the story until they believed it themselves....

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker12 months ago

This is the first I've ever heard of this story. A better ending would be: "Flo, this envelope is for you." "WHAT?? A DIVORCE??" "Yes, dear. What do you say?" " I don't want a divorce." "Neither do I. It was just a joke, DEAR!"

The Bear thought this ending was stupid. Rimmerdal is right. Get the cops involved. Wrongful imprisonment and assault gets him jail time, or at least community service. And you don't get thrown in jail. Try again.

The BEAR

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 1 year ago

So wrongful restraint/imprisonment is fine. No need to divorce. Just no.

blackknight314blackknight314about 1 year ago

Good job, thanks for sharing your work!

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Hate the ending. Expected a final practical joke with Mary in on it.

greenbeardlkgreenbeardlkabout 1 year ago

2 * did not feel given the disrespect a RAAC end is appropriate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

15 years in and this story still resonated with a lot of people: "Pranking" episodes between family members is a common phenomenon and I'm sure that there have been innumerable instances where one spouse or another has exhibited real sexual attraction to some other person and "joked" about it--hopefully as a way to acknowledge it to the OTHER spouse and discuss it--without acting on it.

Well done, and thanks for sharing your creativity with us.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There have been any number of alternative endings to this classic “joke” story, and several of them have been quite entertaining — e.g., the one where Roger actually put a nail in his shoe in order to fool the polygraph.

.

This one by the original author is, however, the best one, because it provided the single most logical reasons why tne reconciliation could work: 1) Total and genuine remorse and understanding from the wife, and 2) total and genuine love of the wife by the husband.

.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think she did learn her lesson, but I don’t think he was forceful enough in telling her after the “make out” joke. I think making her aware of just how much she hurt him & telling her that another episode could lead to separation might have prevented this from happening.

Bill S.

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
right

false imprisonment? kidnapping? assault? the list goes on. uh uh byby.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your writing skills are very good, I enjoy your writing style. You should have stayed with your original feeling and not done the ending.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 1 year ago

You did lose the wife as a friend though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There’s only two possible endings to the scenario setup in this story: either they go to prison for the multiple felonies committed, or he dumps them in the local quarry! Any other response just shows that he’s a total wimp!

ZK

NickCaveNickCaveover 1 year ago

One thing I don't understand is, why didn't the husband ask his wife to take off her pants/dress/panties/whatever and take a look & feel at her pussy? That would have been probably the best way to know immediately what the fuck did or didn't go on. And then, why not march into the master bedroom and check out the bed sheets for any fresh sweat or sex fluids?

I don't care if they could produce video evidence that they didn't actually fuck...my marriage would be done. They fucking handcuffed him to a pole and led him to believe his wife was committing the ultimate betrayal. And this was after how many other jokes where the husband said, "Cut the shit. You better not participate in these jokes of his, especially at my expense." Also, I don't understand why, in just about every cheating story where teenage children are involved, the children think "Oh, come on...Just a joke. No biggie." Even after their father explains to them the significance of their mother's betrayal, they always seem to side with the mother. When they first learn of the pending divorce, sure, I can see the kids just being kids and not wanting to have their families destroyed...but if you're in High School, let's say, and you can't understand the significance of infidelity in a marriage, you must be the most immature teenager on earth. Teenagers think the world is falling apart if their boyfriend or girlfriend of 2 weeks is seen kissing another person or even sitting in a lap looking cozy. I know, I've been there! LOL... Yet, fucking is somehow forgivable.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 1 year ago

The Problem

With all of the LW stories using a polygraph to determine if one or more people cheated or had sex is that there would have to be many questions to define cheating and/or sex. If all of the choices weren't nailed down then if the person being tested doesn't believe a blowjob is sex, answered that they never cheated or had sex with someone and answered "No" we could reasonably expect the polygraph to indicate truth that they didn't cheat. Hey, it was part of Bill Clinton's defense. How about a hand job, even through the pants? Finger fuck her whether or not she cums is irrelevant. Of course another reason not to trust the answers is the polygraph does not prove anything other than intimidate the person being tested, ask Floyd Fay. The questions have to be yes or no, no essay questions allowed. Do a little research and you will never want to take one. You can even find tricks that may help you deceive the test.

/

No spy has ever been caught due to a polygraph test, the CIA's Aldrich Ames passed several tests during the time he was selling secrets to Russia.

/

The abuses got so bad that in 1988 a federal law (Employee Polygraph Protection Act) made it illegal for companies to use it for hiring processes, of course being the government there are exceptions like law enforcement and Government Agencies. Go figure, the government letting them selves off of the hook. You can't do it out in the real world but we can in ours.

/

All in all a pretty entertaining story that hasn't spawned as many sequels as GA's 'February Sucks' but there a quite a number regardless. I've read that GA doesn't even respond to requests to write anothe sequel, can't say I blame him. Signed: BTW

usaretusaretover 1 year ago

Second reading: upped rating to 3stare from 1. Average but very dull and cuckold type ending.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 2 years ago

"""""Anonymous27 days ago

I did not like the ending to this. Regardless of what the lie detector test those vows were shattered.

"_________________________, will you have this man to be your wedded husband, to live together after God’s ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, comfort, honor, and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, so long as you both shall live?"

That "joke" shows no love. Damned sure no comfort, nor honor. Caused him sickness and broke the forsaking all others in his presence. There can be no forgiveness because even if there had not been penetrative sex, there was adultery because she chose another man over her husband. There is absolutely no road back on this one.""""" I AGREE WITH anon's assestment.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 2 years ago

How can he trust her not to do the sex with anyone? The idea is there and will surely grow, until the 'real' ( if it hasn't already ) thing, happens once, then become a regular thing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 star. Nicely ended. Of course love triumphing would and did bring out the falsely-righteous basement dwelling misogynists who only read Literotica to see if they can find a BTB ending, no matter how undeserved it may be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

JUST A CUCK TAKING BACK A DISRESPECTFUL SKANK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I did not like the ending to this. Regardless of what the lie detector test those vows were shattered.

"_________________________, will you have this man to be your wedded husband, to live together after God’s ordinance in the holy estate of matrimony? Will you love, comfort, honor, and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep yourself only unto him, so long as you both shall live?"

That "joke" shows no love. Damned sure no comfort, nor honor. Caused him sickness and broke the forsaking all others in his presence. There can be no forgiveness because even if there had not been penetrative sex, there was adultery because she chose another man over her husband. There is absolutely no road back on this one.

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

er what???thats pretty dam soft ending

MarkT63MarkT63almost 2 years ago

More CUCK crap!!!! No way to get over the physical assault, kidnapping, and blatant disrespect!!!

DickSnugfitDickSnugfitalmost 2 years ago

AS credible endings go, & these can be as rare as hens teeth, this one was something of a chocolate fireguard!, IMHO! . .

Lie-detectors have ALWAYS been known to be completely beatable by cool, calm & collected people with good self-control. .

Such as con-men, good actors, clever comedians, and serious pranksters worth their salt, such as those excruciating and annoying ones who are constantly pranking all and sundry, and so self-obsessed that they themselves are their most appreciative audience, and are either oblivious or unconcerned about the worry angst, and collateral damage to those around them caught-up in their mischief-making! . AND as so graphically and repeatedly stated in Part I, if it was a prank, it was detailed, elaborate, in very poor taste, was a verbal AND physical assault in itself, and spoke volumes for their psyche! As a 'joke' it was a violent sick psychiatric crime!

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioalmost 2 years ago

Would have sued Roger for unlawful restraint. Would have won, too, if my lawyer was any good. Sometimes that what it takes to teach someone a lesson. The other way is to find an old coin, or jewel. Give that to someone SS payment to give Roger a beat down. Need to request some kicks to his balls as part of it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Again, should have dumped her a long time ago.

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyabout 2 years ago

Ir is YOUR story after all - No One could have done ir better! You're a brilliant writer. Full Marks 5-Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting and definitely a good story. 4⭐

What he should have done when it first happened was take her to the bathroom and inspect her southern region if you catch my drift. A woman's down under area can hide the fact of intercourse. Well unless the guy had a 2in noodle.😂

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think this was as good an ending as there has been out there. In Roger and Alice's defense, even though it sounded like there was sex involved, clearly there wasn't. I mean how stupid would they have to be to have a relationship right there under the nose of the husband. If they were going to have an affair they would do it in secret unless they didn't want to be caught. Now what they did was stupid and disrespectful but not adultery. Obviously they were going to pass the lie detector test. So get on with your lives, And keep away from Roger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I think this was a good ending for how the story was written (she did not cheat, was just stupid). Yes she showed disrespect but I think this time it all fits into the stupid category. I can see why it has a lower point or stars score because it is not a BTB story. I think he was already to fry her ass but when she passed the lie detector test and said how she was going to consoling she realized how mean and stupid she was.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

I thought of a different ending. I'm not a writer so I'll scatch my idea here.

The husband should ask for a divorce, start the hearing and just before the judge declares the divorce the husband will stop judge telling that asking for divorce was just a joke.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

I thought of a different ending. I'm not a writer so I'll scatch my idea here.

The husband should ask for a divorce, start the hearing and just before the judge declares the divorce the husband will stop judge telling that asking for divorce was just a joke.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

This version seems to be the obvious ending to the story. I do not believe there can be any other ending.

Yes, there are still problems, like why did she do it? What twisted sense of humor made her ignore the response she got for the first joke? How didn't she think what he would think? I think she got it at end and to start seeing a shrink might be a good idea.

I can understand the husband though. From his point of view, tied in the basement, what he heard was real and it almost does not matter if it did happen or not. The voices and imagination heart him badly and he injured his hands seriously trying to get free.

But, I do have some some problems with the husband. He should have stopped being friends with the other couple after the first joke. He should have realized these two are worse together and stop the friendship.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The question is why did Flo feel it was okay to keep pulling practical jokes along with Roger on her husband when he warned her numerous times about the consequences... there had to be some hostility towards him that was not addressed for her to be so completely disrespectful, especially with another man... of course, some of the blame has to be on Jim for allowing it to get so far out of hand and not absolutely demanding they no longer have anything to do with Roger... especially after the kissing incident.

Donovan7777Donovan7777over 2 years ago

How,how,how could you EVER negate the disrespect???

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's interesting that they are next door neighbors but they have to get in their cars to go to the others house??

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Better than Chapter 1 but still very weak. Too little, too fast.

What happened between Roger and Alice? Roger and Flo? Jim and Roger?

What did counseling reveal to Flo? Did Jim go to counseling?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Some people will forgive anything to stay with the one they truly love. What they did to him was horrible, it was a terroristic act resulting in physical and mental injury. Joke or not why would a man’s wife do something like that for a few laughs. This is a tough one for me. They were so focused on pranking their spouses they never imagined the hurt being caused. Also I strongly believe in forgiveness when possible. This was over the line. I would have kicked her ass to the curb.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

Weak. I would have told Roger after the lipstick "joke" that we would no longer ever see or talk to them as his "jokes" had crossed a line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another "Wife Goes Stupid" story. So many ways to go stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, that was really pathetic. It really doesn't matter if she fucked or not, after the "first" "joke" he was wimp, after the last one it's all under the bridge. No sane man/woman can stand so much disrespect, hate, humiliation etc. So it's just go to hell bitch. I've had hope against hope that the second part will be more realistic... nope. Almost all comments are about sex or not, fuck you all, think just for a second how you would feel as the butt of the so called jokes, even if there was no sex...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

CONDOMS, would take care of the cum, he should be able to detect from an emediate manual inspection (yes, demeaning for her, but that's her own fault) if there had been recent activity not with himself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Did they do IT or not? All Jim had to do to find out would have been to stick his hand into Flo's panties or cunt; ckeck for cum.

Guess that would have ruined the story.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
“I really didn't want to write an ending to this story. I was hoping someone else would volunteer to do it, but I've received so many requests...”

Really? You were going to leave it without the results to the lie detector testing? Without talking to the son? Without a full apology from Flo? Without any repercussion against Roger? With almost zero interaction with the neighbor wife, Alice? Really?

It sounds like you meant to write a story that would garner FTDS responses, i.e. fishing for comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Its unclear what they did about Roger. A little more in the epilog would have been good.

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

I guess all is well that ends well. She learned almost the hard way that respect is everything to her husband and she had to atone for her shortcomings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The bloody writs are grounds for false imprisonment and assault. That would fix Roger for good and put fear in the wife. Way too much disrespect after fair warning previously. The raac is too fast with no penalty for the stupid wife. Marriage is likely cooked.

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundownover 2 years ago

A couple of weeks separation and a few tears in exchange for humiliation and cruelty?

Yeah that's fair.....

This bitch better be performing ass to mouth for a couple of months.

beanburner69beanburner69over 2 years ago

Roger and the wife got off to easily. This was a joke that went to far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was a pretty fast reconciliation. Legalities aside, that joke was disrespectful and cruel of his wife.

As far as Roger being a friend, that is sure one a friend I'd would jettison like milk a week past the expiration date. Too bad he didn't kick Roger in the nuts a couple of times after the 1st messing around joke, then the 2nd would have never occurred.

There are some things you just don't joke about with some people. This thing between husband and wife is one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It was a disappointing conclusion. There was no consideration of the disrespect the wife had shown despite it being a big issue for him prior to them meeting after the lie detector results were known. For me, intentional humiliation and disrespect are relationship breakers.

Evah_Rheddy

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

So the author boils it all down to the question, "Can I still live with her and her obvious lack of love and respect for me?" The obvious answer, to me at least, is Heck No. Lie detector or no, cheated or not, cuckold or not, who would want to live with such a twisted and cruel persona?

But, did enjoy the story, and your telling of it.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Flo needs psychiatric help. Immediately taking her back, without committing to some kind of help, is a mistake. They probably need marriage counseling as well because without an impartial outside opinion, Jim will have trouble trusting her.

reggmoreggmoalmost 3 years ago

Let me see. They cuff Jim and go arm in arm up the stairs to bedroom for a half hour and do nothing?? Not likely.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Why does everybody drive next door tho? Can't they walk, or do they all live in giant estates?

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

4 stars from me. Not a bad story and a understandable reconciliation even if lie detectors are not foolproof. The rating was not a 4 just because I'm not sure there should have been a reconciliation, at least not one that was so fast. His wife and Roger disrespected him bad, caused him to injure himself to the point he could have bleed out. They did more then pull a practical joke, they broke the law by imprisoning him. How his wife and his friend could be so callous to him and the other wife is just plain shocking. I think this story could have used another page if not another chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It needed more development. I have nothing against a good reconciliation story, and you were on the good track, but you ended it too soon. I think the wife needed to do more. Plus, what about Roger? You left that hanging with no kind of retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ughh! Too easily resolved.

lukeey90lukeey90almost 3 years ago

It a nice trick for a quickie right under your husband nose and they had time to cheat the test. But for me i wouldn't dirvoce her because of the sex but the disrespect she showed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I looked at the comments and thought what a bunch of crap. Really does it matter if the author is male or female. The story was good the writing was good. If the story didn't suit you give it a 1* and move on.

I'm pretty sure that the end of the story will have upset the scum trolls that inhabit this website and who try to insult authors because they don't like happy endings in stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

traddisagain:

No need to wait around for Agena to "come clean," just take a look at his Literotica biography.

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

As an aside I have noticed some comments refer to 'Agena' as a male; my understanding is that the word 'Agena' is the French name for a girl; also in Latin a female word ends in 'A' whereas the male nomenclature ends in 'US'. In my comments I have accepted 'Agena' as being female and please accept my apologies if I am incorrect. [Rockets to the moon]. Perhaps 'Agena' will 'come clean', if possible, and let the readers know who is writing.

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

I believe, like a lot of wedded woman, a wife enjoys being married; a comfortable home, children, stature in front of other women, a reliable spouse who can take most of the pressure, financial security, and companionship in and out of the bedroom but, like a lot of married women, they have the feeling that the man they married falls short of their ideal and consequently every so often they have the need to espouse that 'niggle' by denigrating their husband by disrespect. This unfilial attention can be shown by refusing sex, having an affair, usually short and not very satisfactory, or joining in with other beings in causing their partner some embarrassment. Flo' is a typical 'edgy' female and allowed Rodger to encourage her occasional churlishness by joining in with his practical jokes. I believe Flo gets a certain amount of satisfaction whenever her negativity, regarding her husband comes to the fore and 'Agena' has shown this in her little tale, although she? may not have realised it. I think to balance the story Jim might have 'played a joke' on Rodger by tampering with his car, doing the tyres in or sugar in the 'gas' so he would be late for work and get the sack. Ha Ha, Hee,Hee.

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

An interesting little tale as far as it went but this essay, with more thought and imagination, could have been made into an all time great story. 'Agena', obviously, has excellent command of the English language and her talent for keeping her readers enthralled is evident, such a pity she allowed 'herself' to fall into the trap that most authors fall into, that of rushing a story so that it can be presented to her adoring fans.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yes, Roger needed a consequence commensurate with the illegal restraint and malicious nature of the “joke”.

This story is a prime example of how, even though I love to laugh...I do not even begin to think all pranks are funny. Too many pranksters have that malicious streak...

SikemSikemabout 3 years ago

Good story. The fact that some people disagree with what character did is irrelevant. The story poses a difficult scenario. Those saying that some form of revenge on Roger was required bemuse me. What exactly is he supposed to do? Comit assault or some other crime? No. Roger was not the primary problem. Flo's disrespect was.

Sure he could call the police. But the cost to him for putting his children's mother in prison is severe.

Sue Roger? The monetary damages were negligible.

I cannot imagine an ending that resulted any better for Jim and his family.

I only fault Jim for continuing to be Roger's friend when the jokes started and not more forcibly dealing with his wife's disrespect. And for that he shares some portion of responsibility.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

3 for you. this is a very sad story and I know from personal experience that these kinds of sick jokes always go too far - other people get hurt both mentally and sometimes physically.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Being disrespectful to your spouse can lead separation and ultimately divorce. So a warning to you married folks.

centralsquareguycentralsquareguyover 3 years ago
I love a story...

...with a happy ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
UGH!!!!

Roger skates????!!!! HELL NO!!! Jim's a pathetic wuss!

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
This explains why he is always the butt of the jokes

First: thanks to Agena for the great story - though part 2 wasn't how I wanted things turning out. Yeah, in part 2, he folded. No wonder he is the frequent butt of jokes.

There have been many that have drafted their own ending to "A Joke." Most of them I really like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

NO WAY THATS A GOOD ENDING BECAUSE HIS WIFE GETS ALL THE BLAME AND ROGER CAN SIT BACK AND LAUGH AGAIN HE GOT OFF SCOTT FREE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bullshit

This guy, or gal, is an excellent writer, BUT he creates villains that are

unforgivable then comes up with ridiculous scenarios to justify their

actions. It seems like every cheater immediately starts seeing a therapist

to find out why they did it. Must be therapist on every corner with openings

for new patients.

No wife or friend would do that to someone they cared anything about.

No husband would forgive this "joke".

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Wimp!!!

He should have given her divorce papers at her sisters house!!! The amount of disrespect and physical abuse is beyond a REAL man's limit. I would have gone to the ER and documented the wrists, then called the Police and had both arrested for KIDNAPPING and Unlawful restraint!!!

johsunjohsunalmost 4 years ago

It's a good well written story and a, for me anyway, unique plot line. The only question I have is that if it was me in that situation during the first chapter, Roger had run off, they were alone in the basement, why didn't he ask his wife to pull her panties down and see if she had been fucked? If there was no cum present, he might have been able to tell if she had lubricated and he could have gone up and looked for a condom.

But it's fiction and a good plot, Not sure I would have taken her back, of course the 'cheaper to keep her' thing would be a good reason not to divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What a load of rubbish.

If roles were reversed hed be in prison, children would never talk to him and all the money etc would go to her. But because shes a woman it's not the same. As i said, what a load of rubbish.

I've given you 1* as there isn't a minus.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Second time around.

Still a great story. A 'cult classic' in the LW's section. *****

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Too much humiliation not joke

Warned the first time

No going back

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
KIdnapping!

He should sue his neighbor!.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Better

Other authors write much more realistic endings. This feels rushed and does not fit the tenor of part one.

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
Good ending

This would be my favorite ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
No way

The wifes relationship with the neighber was obviously outside of what the husband knew for their joint humiliation of the husband , it was close enough to risk her marriage .He was still emotionally cuckholded , no way back .

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAgena@Agena
1235 Followers

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

A Joke Previous Part
A Joke Series Info

SIMILAR Stories