All Comments on 'A Journey Never Begun Pt. 07'

by JamesMiehoff

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
2027fred2027fredover 5 years ago
Keep up the good work

This story is great can’t wait for more keep it up

ZoconjaZoconjaover 5 years ago
Hmm

Try to mix it up the last few chapters r predictable for the end of the chapter. With the past tale finishing then bam end of chapter great chapters have good cliffhangers that make u itch for the story to continue. Not saying i wish for the story to end but more variety in chapters and cliffhangers be nice. Either way continue doing you this is only criticism i have for u.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
great story

Great story I love it , please continue

wingnitwingnitover 5 years ago
Great story!

I am really enjoying this tale. Please continue and I can't wait to read more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Thank you ...

for this great writen story! I'm hoping for more to come!

I very much like this way of telling a story within a story. And I was delighted to read such "trivia" that a house needs a vent to keep a fire going: To think of such nice details when painting out a "big" story is great writing!

Thank you a lot!

JamesMiehoffJamesMiehoffover 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks everybody I appreciate your comments. This has been a learning experience for me and I appreciate all of you who have stuck it out so far.

James

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A Dragon-Blooded wizard!

I normally read Sci-Fi a out space and farther beyond. Yes I am a partial Trekkie and Marvel runs in my veins. You are a gifted writer and please continue with your tale. This style of writing will open up new areas to read.

Thank you,

Michael JOhnn

rayironyrayironyover 2 years ago
a note on blacksmithing..technoquibbles

RE forging...Needs be attempted at much hotter temperatures good Tale-master.

Red hot is good enough to ruin the temper of carbon steel or anneal copper, or perhaps to planish steel surfaces smooth...But not hot enough to move much steel.

Often "skymetal" contains a lot of nickle which raises the forging temperature yet more. It also often contains contaminants that need to be forged out by repeatedly hammering out and forge welding back on itself at yellow-white temperatures. Heat treating ( hardening and tempering) depends on the carbon content and alloy mix.

Overheating coarsens the grain structure and weakens the steel....And so on.

After the steel is quenched from yellow hot, it needs to be promptly tempered down from it's brittle state, or it's in danger of cracking. That happens at quite low temperatures indicated by the surface oxide colors. Peacock blue is tough but reasonably hard. Straw yellow is hard...good for a chisel, and so on.

Thank you good sir...enjoying Muddle's tale thus far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous