A Kiss That Counted

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'I still think you're seeing too much of Katie,' Viola grumbled.

'Fix up more dates with me,' Hev countered. 'I'll never say no to you. You only have to ask. But bear in mind the fact a squillion lezzies want to sleep with you. Surely you want to take advantage of that happy coincidence.'

Viola supposed that she did. But she wasn't sure where to begin. And she wasn't sure about Heather either. Would block-booking her for a month work or not?

'I suppose we should play it by ear,' she conceded. 'I've got a date on Tuesday evening, so maybe Wednesday?'

'Assuming you're not cancelling this weekend, Wednesday sounds good.'

'Wednesday it is then.'

They kissed farewell at the lifts and squeezed hands, eyeing each other meaningfully.

'I love you,' Hev said as the door closed on Viola. That time she sounded as if she meant it but, by the time Viola stopped the lift and the door slid open again, she was gone.

*****

The day passed well enough. Knowing Hev was spending her lunchtime working out and on a sunbed Viola went in the Union Bar alone and was assailed by renewed invitations. Accepting two of them but deferring the rest, she decided she definitely needed to invest in a social diary.

How confusing was that! Men used to badger her all the time but not with the insistency of girls. If she said no to a guy he'd storm off in a huff and never be seen again. Saying no to a girl did not have the same effect. Saying no to a girl only encouraged her.

And saying "maybe next week" was like waving a red flag at a bull . . .

Yes, the sooner she organized herself a social diary the better.

Lectures finally completed, Viola paused. It was late afternoon and she was foot-lose, fancy-free. Hev was off fucking Katie tonight and her own dance card didn't have anyone on it yet. One swift diversion into the Union could change that, though. Madge or Vanessa could be pulled in an instant and so too could any one of two dozen others.

Except she, Viola, was overdue her beauty sleep. Looks-wise she was as good as ever but inside she was starting to creak and groan. Indeed inside she was like a clockwork toy with the spring failing.

So what was the choice: the Union, several beers, a curry and a (perhaps new) lover; or Waitrose, a bottle of dry white and an early night?

Unable to decide, she did the decent thing and tossed a coin. Heads for home, tails for the Union.

It came down heads.

Before she could be overwhelmed by virtuosity Viola's mobile rang.

'Hiya,' said a strong, confident voice, 'it's me, Joy. The Monster gave me your number, hope you don't mind.'

'The Monster,' Viola said uncertainly.

'Vanessa, 'said Joy, 'otherwise known as Nessie and who knows what else.'

The connection with Loch Ness clicked after a pause for thought.

'Oh, I see,' said Viola.

'I'm calling to talk about tomorrow morning. You're still on for it, aren't you?'

'Of course I am.'

'Then do you fancy meeting up to talk it through in advance. I'm buying, before you ask.'

Viola's heart clenched inside her, and abruptly so. Just looking at Joy across a crowded room was a sexual experience. The idea of being one-to-one with her was something else. Never mind Cleopatra and Nefertiti, Joy was something else.

Perhaps mistaking her silence for reluctance, Joy went on.

'I'll be honest; I don't really want to talk about boring old fetes, I want to stare into your eyes and talk about you.

Gulp!

'I'm supposed to be having an early night,' said Viola, whimpering without thinking.

'Early nights are cool,' Joy countered. 'Yours or mine; it makes no difference to me.'

Omigod was that a throwaway or a . . .

Was it a . . .

Bolts of excitement surged through Viola. Somehow she restrained herself and spoke like a controlled lady, rather than the raving nympho she had so recently become.

'Joy, I'm not so . . .'

'Chill my darling, I'm only teasing. But never mind that, how quickly can you get to the Dolly Blue?'

Viola had expected an invite to the Union Bar; but the Dolly Blue was convenient for her. It really was on her route home. And she was still keen to see more of Joy.

Lots and lots more of Joy.

'Maybe ten minutes,' she admitted less than reluctantly. 'It's quite close to my place.'

'Brilliant! I'm outside the offy just across the road. I'll get us wine for later. What's you're poison?'

Viola could picture the tall woman beside the off-licence and the last of her (non-existent) resistance crumbled away.

Impossibly tall, short red hair and a body like . . .

Like . . .

'Anything chilled,' she managed, 'dry and white will do nicely'

'Chilled sounds like you're in a hurry.' Joy's laugh was sexier than sex. 'I'll get two bottles and see you in the pub as soon as. Will it be Marston's in there, or are you more girly?'

Enraptured as she was, no way was Viola going to answer that. She was already in awe of Joy and in a state of disbelief that this conversation was actually happening.

She was also well aware that Joy was calling all the shots.

And suddenly she wanted to be shot.

'Get me a Guinness,' she said, surprised by the authority in her voice; the confident certainty. 'Then we can stare at each other and talk before retiring to mine.'

Joy's laugh was sexier than ever . . . an incredible feat in itself.

'Consider it already poured,' she purred, 'and get your ass in there soon as.'

*****

Author's Note

Some readers might have noticed that I've told the tale of Viola's lost virginity before, using the same dates but different sets of circumstances and a few different characters. This new version should be a total contrast and . . . I sincerely hope . . . a new take on the same theme. My favourite character will always be Heather but I like a lot of others as well, and Viola's right up there. Giving her a second go at discovering girls . . .

Well let's be honest: who wouldn't want to repeat that glorious first time!

Stuff men, what girl wouldn't want to lose her girly virginity twice?

Joking aside, I hope everyone enjoys this alternative account and thank everyone who has taken time to read it. I only ever write wanting to entertain readers and, if I can ever do that in any way at all, I will be a happier person.