All Comments on 'A Lazy Mage Quests (Un)EZ Creds Ch. 08'

by tisoz

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 6 years ago
Hey! No Fair!

You can't stop on a cliff like that! I just got into this series & you've got me hooked. I really like the snark. I'm hoping that the next chapter comes out soon & they start getting longer. One or two pages is just not satisfying.

tisoztisozalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Since you like snark...

I most certainly can end right where I did. In fact, DID end right where I did. You did catch on he is waiting to watch his life pass before his eyes... FREE movie!

tisoztisozalmost 6 years agoAuthor
Does anyone really want more?

It doesn't seem like too many people are even looking at this even though all but 1 chapter is "Hot" (and it is close.) Couple that with very few people prodding me for more and you might understand why I am not rushing to post more, whether it is more chapters or longer chapters or both.

It is disheartening to see others with 100s of 1000s looks and fanatical readers voting top scores to drivel (or so some of it seems, in my opinion.) When I started this I saw a fellow author with a linked Patreon account bringing in about $1500/chapter. I read over 35 chapters, because it was highly ranked and his fanatics admitted the first chapters were not his best and it got better in the mid 20s chapters. Like I said, I read 10 past where it was supposed to get better and although I did see some improvement, it still seemed pretty fanfic.

I hoped I might build a following and MAYBE, optimistically, build a patronage of $1000/mo.. But the numbers of looks keeps dwindling. After posting the previous chapter, I checked the author who inspired me to give it a try and he was topping $2000/chapter, so decided it just wasn't in the cards for me. I got 0 patrons for $0 and the account was suspended due to it.

I had this already written and decided to post it. I did check my inspiring author ( because his rating hurts my rating on another site we both post on. His fanatics seem to auto vote him a 10 while mine range from 7-10 but get watered down in comparison to a 6.7 rating, weird rating system.) He is now getting 0ver $3K a chapter and has more than 100 chapters posted and is grouping together some chapters and releasing on Amazon for some more $$$. Meanwhile, I am unemployed and on the unemployment diet. Luckily a friend loaned me a few dollars so I do not literally starve while looking for a job (job hunting pretty much coinciding with the time I posted chapter 7.)

So I am being especially snarky. Thank you to those of you who have enjoyed what I wrote. Those who gave it less than a five, you should comment why or it will never get any better.

nthusiasticnthusiasticalmost 6 years ago
Mystery

I certainly can agree with you about much of the drivel that is posted here. I am often mystified at the high ratings of the most commonplace writings while creative work goes unrecognized. As the King of Siam said, "Tiz a puzzlement!"

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous