All Comments on 'A Legacy of Shadows'

by LateStageInfernalism

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments
ManoBlueManoBlueabout 4 years ago
Awful

He was so pathetic and weak.

Rockstar601Rockstar601about 4 years ago
My favorite author

Of all the truly gifted writers on Lit... you, in my humble opinion are at the top! Your fics, all of them , have kept me completely riveted and re- reads are a must. Keep up the superb work, LateStageInfernalism...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wow

This was a great story. Really enjoyed it

Thank you

justwarped2018justwarped2018about 4 years ago

great story, lots of unexpected turns.

thanks

for the great story

joeisincogniyo80joeisincogniyo80about 4 years ago
amazing

your work is so good. I have loved everything you have written and look forward to more. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

outstandingly cleverly written

jimmyj57jimmyj57about 4 years ago

It was very interesting and I did enjoy the twist and turns . It held my interest and being as long as it is that is saying something. Well righten and though out very much a mini novel of suspense and intrigue.

Frankie1952Frankie1952about 4 years ago

Fantastic, Excellent. Loved it. Edge of my seat story with enough hot sexy stuff to make me hard. Thank you for entertaining me so very well.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimabout 4 years ago
Surprising and brilliant

I started your story, after reading the preface, ready to back out at any time and, quite frankly, kept expecting to.

However, you drew me in with your complex, damaged, but always fascinating characters and made me keep reading continuously to the end. The beginning was complex, the body frustrating and heart-stopping, and the end was all that it should be.

Thank you so much for a finely balanced and ultimately excellent story.

Well done, sir!

DevilbobyDevilbobyabout 4 years ago
Incredible!

A brilliant tale I noted your warnings in the intro, however I read it through and thoroughly enjoyed it there was everything in it for me a good piece of work.

ceedeehceedeehabout 4 years ago
Great Story!

I don't understand why you don't publish your stories, and earn some income as an author! I stayed up reading until I realized it was 5:00 am, so I shut down, and finished on the following day. Loved the story! Ever since I read the other story, the name of which I cannot recall--about a feudal family, which was published in many smaller pieces, I have watched for more from you, but I don't spend every night reading literotica, and could possibly have missed some. I will go to your web page and check on that now.

Thank you for this one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Keeping it simple

Well done, period.

M0R5EUSM0R5EUSabout 4 years ago
About time man!

I thought I would get old waiting for your stories. Good one :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Lost me on page 2

You jumped to a flashback with no apparent reason or introdcution.

And the ages don't work out. The protagonist is supposed to be in his late 20s but his mother died in her 80s? Does not compute.

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanabout 4 years ago

You didn't warn us that the submissive was the male main character. That was a really turn off!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

Great story. It covered both incest and bdsm. I was intrigued by the flow and couldn't put it down.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story, but........

I loved the story, really loved it. I must say that the grammatical errors, and there were many, detracted from it. A lot!

Bammerman76Bammerman76about 4 years ago

Glad I ignored the comment on the main character being the submissive as I usually do not enjoy stories where the male is submissive. If there were submissive elements by the main character they were not the focus of the story nor did they detract from it in anyway that I felt. Another good story by LateStageInfernalism

IlfenIlfenabout 4 years ago
on the negative reviews

Story is shaping up awesomely, and I have the opposite reaction to negative reviewers. Even though I enjoy regular old male power fantasies, they are admittedly very stock and boring if not done well.

I don't mind the type of protagonist that you usually write, and you do definitely have a type - a kind of sensitive and feeling but still heroic hero. Sometimes this hero has older-sister type characters to which he has a submissive side. I personally love it.

RollinbonesRollinbonesabout 4 years ago
Thankyou

Masterfully put. Thankyou for depth of characters and for a rollicking plot. I am well entertained.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Who are you?

Reading is my.life! Just gave the library 2000 books and still have another couple of thousand, I have 1500 on my kindle. Short stories are not my thing normally, this one changed.my.mind. If I could find it online I would be happy to pay. Seldom have I enjoyed anything like this.But I have just register and am not yet able to si

Thank.you!

RicanbanditRicanbanditabout 4 years ago

Dude! What a great story!!! Holy shit

gfrhgfrhabout 4 years ago
Great

One of, if not, the best story I've read on this site!

skilwarskilwarabout 4 years ago
Excellent

That was a great story. Very entertaining. One of the best I’ve read.

JoTaKuSanJoTaKuSanabout 4 years ago
I'm am so disappointed.

I don't know why I am leaving a comment knowing it means nothing to the readers or the author but I feel have to say this.

I try to read this story now twice but the more I read the more the main character disappoint me. I like male character the are not the stereotypical macho bullshit but bean the weak and submissive one is were I draw the line. There is ( at least to me) a line between been in touch with your emotions and been weak. And to me this character is weak. I won't be reading the rest of this story. It's really sad because I like the others stories this author has written but this one is just not my cup of tea.

But that just my opinion and it is meaningless one grand scheme of things. So I looking forward for the comments about how wrong I am.

linnearlinnearabout 4 years ago
Exceptional

Great writing, I was so engrossed in this story and read it straight through after starting it. I did figure that Isa was Tonya from the very beginning but I was completely captivated by this one.

Knightmajik75Knightmajik75about 4 years ago
Well done!

I really hope you plan to expand on this story. It was quite enjoyable and has so much potential to be taken in many exciting directions. Thanks for sharing your talent.

parthenogenesisparthenogenesisabout 4 years ago
Hella story

I give you full marks. A great story and a great line-up of characters.

OceandiverOceandiverabout 4 years ago
Excellent Story

I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Thank you for sharing your talents!

Brandon11Brandon11about 4 years ago
Wow,Damn,Wow

What a slightly disturbing and quite frankly an amazing story. I do hope you add to it or write more stories like this one.

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Fantastic story, in my top five out of 15 favourite stories.

Please, either add another novella based on these characters as a part 2 or write another similar story with fresh characters.

This was simply one of the best

5/5 from me.

mharrisonmharrisonabout 4 years ago

Excellent story - certainly one of the best I've read on here.

Whilst this was fairly lengthy I much prefer to have a "whole" story submitted in one go. I find it much better reading when I can just keep going as long as I like and only pause when I'm ready and not have to wait for the author to submit the next chapter... So many thanks for doing that and for sharing with us.

Looking forward to reading more of your work and please do keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Simply Amazing!!!!!

This was very engaging...until the very end. You are an excellent writer and this was an amazing story. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am looking forward to your future submissions. Please don't stop...you are too gifted.

Thanks for sharing your talent with us. I am truly grateful.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Thank you one of the best stories on here loved it.

RockinstudmuffinRockinstudmuffinalmost 4 years ago
Loved it!

This is my kind of story. You, along with Lost Boy and Chunks, are my favorite writer here. Thanks for this one, looking forward to more from you!

I gave it 4 stars, that's as high as it gets. There are no 5's in my world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent story with just the right amount of erotica

The storyline kept me reading every detail and the descriptions of erotica enhanced the plot and wasn’t just there as random sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not bad

Can I suggest you get an editor?

Easily corrected mistakes appear in nearly every chapter and I know, from experience, that the author gets so involved in the story that you do get characters replying to themselves occasionally.

Also, a pet peeve of mine, learn the difference between 'have' and 'of'. "I could have done..." rather than "I could of done..." Argh!

The story was good, very engaging and held my attention. There could have been more detail about what the family did, rather than just brief mentions that they were involved in organised crime. And nearly all the characters were female; other than the main narrator any live males were literally throwaway and forgettable - even the nemesis only got two scenes and a couple of lines of dialogue.

BUT did Amy get the help she needed to escape - that will be the question many will want to know but have forgotten to ask.

LateStageInfernalismLateStageInfernalismalmost 4 years agoAuthor
Amy

Amy is a character that is mentioned in several other stories of mine, and who plays a critical (offscreen) role in one of them. She had a terrible childhood, associated mental illness, and made a very bad decision, which eventually led to her being imprisoned in the Brigantine, effectively being "legally dead" and doomed to a life of sexual slavery.

I'd like to write her story of survival, redemption, and (of course) eroticism. It would fall more into the category of BDSM/Non-Con than anything else, however.

ThreeWivesThreeWivesalmost 4 years ago
Well done

One of the best stories I've read here.

A well developed plot

Virtually perfect grammar and spelling.

Kpick96205Kpick96205almost 4 years ago
Well Done

Well Done!!!!! I loved the story. I could not stop until it was fully read. I loved the way you developed your story board and then introduced and integrated the characters. My hat is off to you and your editors. I look forward to reading more of your work. Keep it up and please keep on writing.

JasperB7JasperB7almost 4 years ago

Came here for one thing, stayed for the story. Definitely one of the best stories in here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
@Rockinstudmuffin

There are no "5s" in my world.

You're a piece of shit that goes out of his way to ruin an author's day. You liked 19 pages of story and you can't give it a 5? You're a jealous, petty, arrogant, and manipulative cunt who, despite blowing his load, gets off on having a little extra power over his "favorite" authors and stories.

You're a virgin and an incel, and no wonder you read incest: The only women you've spoken to at length are your sisters, mother, aunts, cousins, grandma, etc.

You are a piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I honestly came for one thing, but here I am finishing the entire story at 3:30 AM because of how good it was. Holy shit, on par with The Island imo when it comes to story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Talent

This....this right here is literotica GOLD. This deserves the number one spot on the category hall of fame for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Juvenile fiction.

Did Steven Seagal suddenly start to write erotica?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Loved it so much.........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

You are one heck of a writer!

shollingshollingalmost 4 years ago

Absolutely amazing! You should be writing for a living.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent

very well written, brilliant story line. You should write a novel and go for print.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Should've been a novel

By God!! Just publish this as a novel!!! EL James would be ashamed, and so will be Stephen Seagal

GarlickidGarlickidalmost 4 years ago

Wow, this was an amazing story. Great job!

Burning_HereticBurning_Hereticalmost 4 years ago

Fantastic read even the second time through. And I can't believe I only just now caught the connection between the De Heer family and the, er, "family-focused" island resort. Explains rather a lot, actually. It also whets my appetite for the next installment of the series. Thank you for writing!

LauraLace444LauraLace444almost 4 years ago
Great writing.

Great story! A bit over the top but in a way that was fun and interesting. I was impressed by how tactfully the darker matters were handled as they didn't feel exploitive. Overall it was very well written. Just a note to help, though I'm not sure if you can edit it, but when Reuben is being attacked the woman who saved him calls him Marcus. I'm sure it's a hold over from a previous draft but it was a bit confusing in the moment. Either way great job!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nicely Written... But....

This story should probably have been submitted to a non-erotic website. The sex included in this story is minimal and even a little juvenile.

The characters seemed to be constructed on memories of some high school kids. I don't get the impression of adult motivations or emotions.

The story line occasionally wanders around rather drunkenly. Large portions of the text could be removed, thereby enhancing the plot development.

Beautifully written, insofar as technical merit is concerned--not too many spelling errors, typos, or incorrect verb tense. Some articles missing, but maybe the writer is trying to create some kind of mystic.

Dark_RavenDark_Ravenalmost 4 years ago
Great Story!

Overall I loved this story. Great writing skills, and it was so much more than simply a "porn story". I give it 5 stars, but do have one complaint. While I realize this is a fantasy world, any educated person knows that if siblings have children, the chances of the kids inheriting two recessive genes is very high. No responsible and intelligent adult would knowingly take the risk of their children having major birth defects and possibly a lifetime of unnecessary hardship and/or an early death. As I said, I know it's a fantasy world, so the children can come out perfectly healthy in the story, but the fact that this is patently untrue in real life kind of ruins the suspension of disbelief.

barn650barn650over 3 years ago
great story

Well if I had looked at the pages I probably wouldn’t have read it. However, I’m glad I did. It was sensual, thought provoking and dangerous all at once. Good job. Looking forward to reading more stories you have written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Good Read

A really good well thought-out story. I enjoyed all aspects of the story the organised crime aspect and the erotic episodes.

Well Done!

rightbankrightbankover 3 years ago
an interesting saga of dark domestic intrigue

but I am confused by the conflicting representation of Reuben.

when we first meet him he is an academic fleeing the criminal and depraved family "business", yet when he decides to attend a family funeral he slips seamlessly into the extreme depravity from which he fled and pledged to never rejoin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It's good story but not much incest drama. If it's normal story I give 5 out of 5. But you tagged under incest so I give -2 for this story. It's just my opinion

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Definitely Fantasy

Really tried to finish it. Had so many good reviews. Kept reading a bit trying to understand why someone with the heart, conviction and guts to walk away from the money and power of corruption just joins right back up. Because of threats? Very very weak. Just didn't make sense.

GMLPGMLPover 3 years ago
See you on Patreon

I'll join your Patreon just to see your progress on your next story mate. This ine was great. Has its flaws but kept me engaged till the end. Nicely done.

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 3 years ago
WOW!

Simply absorbing. Amazing adventures and pleasing outcome.

tlc656tlc656over 3 years ago
Awesome!

I thoroughly enjoyed the story and read it from start to finish. It was sweet, dark, loving, dangerous, and simply awesome. Thanks so much for sharing.

joe_boxsterjoe_boxsterover 3 years ago
Excellent.

As good as any good mystery novel I've read recently.

stoicfiendstoicfiendover 3 years ago
Really, really good but...

The Antagonists got off too easy. His whole family had to have helped him. It would have been more gratifying with all the build up if the Pedo had killed himself and then the other families that ran the private sex club obliterated the rest of the family for violating the neutrality of the Compound. Some of the other guests got killed. That couldn't go unpunished. Big deal...the guy offed himself. It was a flat vengeance and a weak ending. Better that Reuban went scorched earth and his sister pulled him back before the women and kids were exterminated.

DoublespotDoublespotover 3 years ago

Very good and well written. It kept my attention and was not able to put it down. Excellent story.

69GodIsDead42069GodIsDead420over 3 years ago
Absolutely fucked and I loved it

I’m definitely a fan of your other works, but this story is very different from those, yet I still never lost interest. I’m honestly not the biggest fan of super rough stuff, but this story was so well written I couldn’t stop reading it. Great job! I definitely think you would be successful writing more in this genre/style.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Amazing

I really enjoyed everything about this story; the plot, the characters, and the setting kept me engaged from beginning to end!

I only have two points of criticism: first, I felt like it was never really explained why Isa didn’t go with Reuben when he left home; and second, I would have liked the epilogue to be longer.

Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wonderful read. The best mix of intimacy and drama. Loved it beginning to end.

So damn good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent!

This story held me spellbound! It is more than a piece of porn, it is a real family saga. Please write more of the same!

Southpaw1430Southpaw1430over 3 years ago
My Comments

Very interesting story. I enjoyed it, but hated for it to end. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great

Forget the porn aspect of this story for a minute, it has all the aspects of a Great film -

Please write more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Captivating Story

Captivating story. I didn’t realize it was 19 pages when I had begun, and had stayed awake until 8 a.m. trying to finish. In real life, it would probably be difficult to avoid jealousy within an extended group of lovers.

Senga was craving some attention, and it would have been good to have her receive it. Somebody else had mentioned they’d figured out that Tonya was Isa, as I had.

Good read, thanks.

auhunter04auhunter04about 3 years ago
Being a Wimp

For those who mistaken kindness for being a wimp. There is a specific story about that subject here somewhere about a wife and convict ex-husband who made that very same mistake.

For those of you that think I am a wimp because I lead a quiet life and be as kind to everyone as I can, bring it on. No I am no ex military superhero, but mess with my family.

It takes a very strong man to end this attack in such a manner as to end the feud or rather the attacks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

LateStageInfernalism, what a great story with all it's plots and twists! I had to read from beginning to end although there instances when I was very annoyingly interrupted and I did show my annoyance at the one disrupting my pleasure in reading this very well thought-out, detailed, entertaining and fine work of your pen. I will read everything of your penned imagination I can get find.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story except for the polyamory nonsense at the end. That never works in ‘real’ life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Really well developed character arcs. The main character goes from weak, running, and idealistic to the true leader of a semi criminal organization.

This story could be fleshed out and developed further in a novel format, but for 19 pages you did a tremendous amount. Far more than anyone else I've read on this site for the amount of space you told the story in. 5 stars.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Second time around, and even better than earlier. I wish more chapters of the de Heer family could be added, surely there is many more adventures one could consider.

If I could give this tale more than 5 l would.

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodalmost 3 years ago

Just the most outstanding story and character developments I think I have ever read on Literotica. As an author I aspire to offer my readers such a quality story.

Woodbgood

donner60donner60almost 3 years ago

What a great tale. Characters, dialog and plot set up were awesome. Thanks for the super read. Please keep writing….

somhrshsomhrshalmost 3 years ago
I couldn’t help but think of “darling in the franxx”

I swear, Its “darling in the franxx” but incest. Had a blast reading it though

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the best of its kind

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hell i just came back here after seeing it in the hall of fame

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I thought it as a total waste of time. I read the first couple of pages and stopped reading because it was such a load of crap. I gave it a 1 star rating because it is the lowest I could give it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story captivated me, I couldn’t stop reading. One of the best things I have ever read.

looney67looney67over 2 years ago

Loved it first time and loved it this time as well

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty damn good read. Thank you.

CBidwellCBidwellover 2 years ago

Hardly a surprise that this was a winning story. Great development of the characters.

Toby_dogToby_dogover 2 years ago

This is the second time that I have read this story. The first time, showed me what goes into a really good story. It is not just the sex, but the anticipation of it, as well as, the lead up to the act. In other words, the mind fuck. Like in real everyday life, the events that lead up to the act.

Thank you for the free lesson that has helped me to be a better writer. But I am still learning.

DocWordsDocWordsover 2 years ago

Wow! Outstanding piece of literature. Thank you. Now I need to get back to my writing, instead of trying to read all of yours. I loved it.

DocWords

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Outstanding is an understatement. I thoroughly enjoyed the story. Although it’s long, the writing style maintained a strong, steady pace. The style made it a quicker read than similar length stories.

SuaveRendezvousSuaveRendezvousover 2 years ago

It left me wanting more. Damn you!

youresoniceyouresoniceover 2 years ago

I really enjoyed your story! I'm certainly not qualified to be a critic... but I found it well written, interesting, emotionally engaging, and well... lovely!

Thank you!

Have a wonderful holiday season,

Sincerely,

Bob

LivingWordsLivingWordsover 2 years ago

Excellent fiction- erotic or otherwise. I hope you are putting your obvious talents to good use in the vanilla world as well as here. But save enough time to keep entertaining us as well😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As an AVID reader of over 60 years, reading everything from science fiction, to westerns, and everything in between, this was an excellent read! If you are not a professional author, you should be! The quality of the story, the detail and rhythm, and intricacies of the characters, kept us invested in the story, to the point that it was hard to put it down! Fantastic job!

Gym52Gym52over 2 years ago

EXCELLENT.

Congratulations on a masterpiece, this imaginary world has taken on a life of its own, the characters have become real, with appropriate work the plotline could become a film script in either the romance, thriller or action genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely riveting. Well written and deserving of being published without modification. I encouraged another author to publish, and he did, but whomever made the suggestions for changing the story should have kept their mouths shut.

Please, do publish if you haven't already, but stand your ground when people either make suggestions, or demand changes, as the price for publication.

This story may need grammar checking, but the content is what it should be.

Beautifully conceived, written, and presented. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Second time reading this great work. Thank you!

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 2 years ago

(12/26/2021) This was an outstanding piece of work. So much better than I expected. I enjoy long stories but they can become redundant. Of course, that depends on the author. I didn’t know this was a winning story until I checked your submissions list after this read. Leave it up to me to pick the winning story first. I hope I can enjoy your other stories and haven’t been ruined by reading this one first. This easily would have made a great series. I liked that you didn’t give Reuben a monster dick and the ladies' beachball tits. This was a believable erotic fantasy with romance, suspense, drama, intrigue with a sprinkling of BDSM. The characters were well developed; they had substance. I felt for them and got pulled into the story. The ending was perfect. I’d like to believe that our hero would eventually have a child with Sarah also. I love happy harems. The only critique I have is I would have liked to have read more about Vincent Trevante and his evil enterprises. I wish I could have given this story more than five stars. So, you reside in Sitra Ahra. I guess we on this website also reside there.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLateStageInfernalism@LateStageInfernalism
Update: A romantic urban fantasy audio erotica has just been put up on Literotica by a good friend! Oh, and I wrote it, too. :3 https://www.literotica.com/s/half-fae-university-glamour-girl My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/LateStageInfernalism My Subscribestar: https://s...

SIMILAR Stories