A Legal Trap Ch. 16

Story Info
Opportunities with Paul and in court?
5.6k words
4.9
1.5k
3

Part 16 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 03/24/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

March 21st 8:58 AM

My phone vibrating on the nightstand prompted an annoyed rolling over to grab it, to see who was calling, and answering it when I saw who it was. I croaked out a strained, "Mmeho..."

"Liz?"

"Hey...," I said with a little more effort, clarity. My mouth was bone dry and my tongue felt like used sandpaper.

"Crap, did I wake you? I'm really sorry..."

I huffed a little too loudly, "Long night... What's up?"

I could have used a few more hours of sleep. No sooner had I finally fallen asleep, after my 2 AM visitor, than a car alarm started going off in the parking lot. Think that was probable about 4:30 AM. Then at around 6 AM someone taking their trash out let the dumpster lid clang shut and in a panic I grabbed the bat laying next to me thinking someone had knocked something over in my living room. I felt like the world knew I was frayed at the seams and intent on making me pay a toll for my past sins.

"I... I was wondering if you wanted to do something today, maybe get lunch, talk...," he asked meekly.

Damn it! I wasn't purposely trying to be a bitch! I needed to get my shit together and quick.

"Hey... I, phew... Crazy night. Some idiot was trying to kick my door in this morning around 2 AM. He was certain 'Heather' was in here with some guy...."

"What? Someone tried to kick your door in," Paul asked concerned.

"He didn't make it in, just pounded, yelled a lot, and looked to have kicked it twice. My neighbor stuck her head out into the hallway and scared him off. I was on the phone with the 911 and the police got here quick. They didn't find him unfortunately."

I laid back down, put the phone on speaker, and set it on the pillow next to me.

"That most have been scary!"

"Just a little...," I said looking at the ceiling, then towards the window and could see the sun peek through the sides of the curtains. Wonder if it's nice out?

"Anything like that ever happen before?"

That was a question I didn't want to share details of, not with him. The easy answer was 'No, not while living here.' and was the truth - which was my eventual reply to Paul. But the real answer was I'd had several past incidents of shit like this happening when I was pimping myself out online. There were assholes who wouldn't take 'Not interested!' when I turned down their advances a little too hard when they were chasing their fetish, which was me. One of those instances ended with some guy raping me, but not before slapping me around first when I told him to leave and began to protest. He told me after he was finished that I had 'Asked for it'. His last words to me as he wiped his cock off on my face just before leaving? 'Say anything and I'll fucking kill you...'

Paul said, "I feel bad... If I hadn't said anything to..."

I stopped him midsentence, "I'm fine Paul... I probably would have had to cross that bridge with Jacob at some point anyway. It was bound to come out sooner or later. And last night was just some drunken idiot looking for his girlfriend or wife or whatever. I hope she's alright and he slept it off somewhere..."

"Yeah, but I shouldn't have said anything to Jacob...," he complained.

"Look, I'm not happy about that and I wish my past wasn't what it was, but going forward anything between us or in my past stays between us and in the past. Okay? I'm not that person anymore... I can't keep saying that, it really..."

Did he understand? That part of my life was the lowest I could get and the rape, it made me take a better look at what the fuck I was doing slutting myself out. If none of it had been recorded, hadn't been posted online, maybe my life would have...

"I know who you are Liz... I get it and I'm so sorry. I screwed up and would never intentionally hurt you, I hope you know that, can still trust me. I care... I care about you. I am really sorry."

He'd rambled a bit, but there was sincerity in all that he was saying. I could feel the desperation in his voice as he apologized again today, as he had last night before I got in the Uber. I was disappointed he'd said anything to Jacob, but it was spilt milk and I'd pretty much moved on. There were other jobs out there for paralegals like me, so if it came to that - well, I'd deal with it, make a fresh start at a different firm.

I did though just level set my expectations with him in regards to whatever this relationship between us was becoming. I wasn't going to say, 'That's your final warning buddy...', but I wasn't going to let a man abuse me ever again - including one I may have developed some deep feelings for. Augh!

"Liz?"

"Yeah... I was just looking at the clock and thinking I need to get up, get a run in to decompress, and get ready for some handsome guy to come over and take me out to lunch. That was the offer, wasn't it," I asked playfully trying to lighten the mood between us.

"Well, I don't know what handsome guy you're talking about - but I'd be happy to stand in for him..."

"How about noon... You gonna pick me up or do I need to hop a bus somewhere?" I knew the answer, but I was feeling sassy.

"Oh, a little sass huh? I like it and I deserve that. I think I can manage coming aaaall that way... See you at noon..."

Damn his mind reading abilities! I smiled across at the phone on the pillow next to me, "Yes, you will. Bye handsome..."

I picked up my phone and was about to press the button to hang up when I heard him whisper, "Thank you..."

The line went dead before I could reply. As I replayed our conversation it occurred to me he wasn't feeling too confident we were okay. Maybe we could come to a better understanding of where we ultimately wanted this relationship to go at some point today?

I rolled out of bed tired, but maybe a little energized. Time to get a couple miles in...

March 21st 12:24 PM

I extended my run by a mile, mile and a half actually, but only because I'd noticed an older red Acura following me - maybe. The guy, who I got a good look at the second time he passed by me, was a young Hispanic male. The description of the guy trying to kick my door in this morning was a white guy, six to six-one in height, and two hundred plus pounds. Not a match by any stretch, but I was on edge and probably just being paranoid. I finished my run after about the six mile mark, the last couple miles sans any red Acura's reappearing.

Paul was four minutes early and judging by the greeting I'd gotten at the door, the flowers, the hug, the kiss I'm sure we both enjoyed - I got the message loud and clear that he was happy I'd agreed to meeting for lunch. It was only the second time I'd ever gotten flowers from a man and him giving them to me choked me up a little.

As we were leaving to go get lunch he stopped to examine the foot prints left on my door. I watched him run is hand over one of them. He noted there was a small impression left at the heel from one of the kicks in the metal door. I hadn't noticed that, but it made sense given how loud the guys' kicks were, sounded - even locked in my bathroom.

Now at Famous Dave's BBQ in Tukwila, having just finished ordering, he was saying something about his parents. Wait, what?

"You told your parents about me," I asked a little surprised. I tried to rewind what he'd just been saying about them - something about cooking his Nana's lasagna and cooking to impress someone. I think that's what he'd said.

"Well, I'd asked for the recipe, I didn't have it," he said taking a pull from his bottle of Coor's.

"And that lead to me how?" I raised an eye brow, but was smiling because I was teasing him on giving out there might be someone special he was cooking for.

"You don't think my mom was curious? I was asking for a cherished family recipe. She knew why and I got grilled! No, cross examined!"

He chuckled, but it wasn't strained at all. He'd relaxed since the call this morning. I felt like we were about back to our normal operating mode with one another, which made me feel better.

"Okay, but let's take the dissemination of information slowly. You think your parents are going to like me," I asked leaning in to suck some sweet tea from the straw in the glass before me.

"I think they'll love you Liz. I love...," he stopped speaking, catching himself before blurting out any more of that train of thought.

I sat back slowly and just stared at him, one brow raised. What did you just about say?!

"You love what Paul," I challenge softly.

"I... You know, like lasagna, and a... Long walks on the beach...," he offered quickly, trying to smile, but he looked uncomfortable.

He was obviously embarrassed. That slip was unexpected, but I felt good he had and that it was done organically, without any pressure or expectation. He was cute and I reached across the table and squeezed his hand and said, "I loved the lasagna... Left over's might make for a nice dinner."

"You're on..."

"Good... So, let's talk about Tim," I said all cheery like to steer the conversation elsewhere. If we were on for dinner later, we could talk about 'us' then.

He looked confused by the redirect, "FBI Tim?"

"Yes... You talk to him recently," I asked.

"Ah, not since last Tuesday," he said questioning himself, "Yeah, Tuesday. What's up with Tim?"

"I got the impression everything we've thrown at Jacob still has no legal leg to stand on."

He nodded, "That's how he explained it to me after I told him about the Norton email and the check on you Janet ran."

"So... I think she's dirty and I called her on it."

"You did what?!"

"I called her last night and told her I suspected her fingerprints were all over Amber's abduction... Not in so many words, but I wanted to hear her squirm."

He looked to still be processing what I had said, shook his head as if worried about something.

"Liz... Let's say she was involved, and... Well, I feel like maybe she is, but reaching out to her? That probably wasn't a good idea."

"I didn't tell her anything she didn't already know. She knows she's being investigated for the ethics hearing. I just asked about Norton and being checked out. Why she did it..."

"Yeah, and you just asked me about Tim. You told her we turned over this information to the FBI, didn't you, as a bluff to rattle her," he asked more concerned now and his face showed it.

I felt a little embarrassed and could only nod that I had.

"And you don't think some random guy showing up at your door last night wasn't put into motion because of that threat?"

No... That's not possible, is it?

March 21st 12:31 PM

"Liz... Fuck," he exclaimed loudly and I jumped, "I would bet that guy at your door wasn't some random shithead."

"No... That, no...," I tried to reason shaking my head slowly.

"Really? You level a threat at Janet and randomly some guy is at your door trying to kick it in a few hours later? That's no coincidence. Shit, none of the stuff we've found on her possible involvement isn't without suspicion - I don't care what Jacob says about the legal side of it. She's involved and dirty. Liz, seriously... I think you should stay with me tonight," he said forcefully, worried.

My head was beginning to spin and I needed a moment of silence, calm, to put the pieces in place. I had to study what I knew, but I couldn't... I felt chilled and placed both hands on the table to steady myself. Fuck! Not now... I grabbed for my purse, fumbled to get it open, fought the pill bottle and eventually removed a single.25mg Xanax. I tossed the foul tasting pill in my mouth under my tongue to get the effects of the drug into my system quicker.

"You okay...," Paul asked worried. I watched him stand and come to my side.

I nodded, 'No'.

"Alright, I got you..."

I felt his hands on my shoulder and he was speaking to someone about getting our order 'To Go' and he'd be right back. You're leaving me?! I turned to look at him panicked.

"I'll put you in my car and come back and deal with the food," he said softly, "It's okay, come on."

I felt my body moving and was standing, walking with him. I couldn't breathe. Air? Breathe... And I blinked and we were outside of the restaurant, then at his passenger car door. The door shut with a thunk, my purse on my lap, hands over one another on the purse, and he'd said he would be right back. I opened the door and felt a cool wind brush over me. Breathe... I closed my eyes.

"Liz... Hey, Liz..."

I felt my shoulder move and my eyes popped open trying to find the voice that was speaking to me. I had to look down as Paul was squatting in the open door next to me. He looked worried. Fuck!

"You good?"

"I... I'm so sorry...," I got that out just before losing my shit and beginning to cry.

"Whoa...," I felt his arms wrap around me, "Easy... You're safe, all good now. I got you."

My body rocked uncontrollably, sobbing, as he just held me close... What have I done?

March 21st 4:11 PM

We'd made our way back to my place and half way there I'd finally gotten this panic attack under control. I contemplated taking another Xanax, but held off because I was feeding off of Paul's calm. I don't think he realized how much his being there for me had walked me back from the ledge of a really big cliff. Janet was still on my mind though and I did my best to not appear worried or guarded, but I think he knew I was trying to put on a brave face.

He helped me pack the suitcase I'd used for the trip to Phoenix with the clothes I would need for the coming work week, since I would be staying at his place. Two separate large plastic bins got various other items including shoes, makeup, and personal care items. When we were done my bathroom and closet looked as though I were in the process of moving out. I didn't have much to begin with, so maybe it looked as though I hadn't fully moved in.

As we were on our way to packing my stuff up in his car we ran into my neighbor who'd interrupted the idiot at my door this morning and she asked if I was moving out. Paul told her I was staying with him for a couple days and thanked her for helping out. The exchange ended with her saying something about understanding and that she would keep an eye out for the guy, calling the police if he came back. We were in the car and about to leave, but I remembered the flowers he'd brought and insisted on getting them. I think he knew they meant something to me by my instance on having them.

Now lying on his couch, in his arms, I finally was feeling myself again. I hadn't even considered arguing about staying with him. We'd discussed Janet after we'd settled getting my stuff unpacked and somewhat organized in his room. He said he would reach out to Tim and lay our suspicions out, hoping the RCMP investigators would consider looking into a possible Janet link to Lafleur via CLogistics.

"You need anything?"

"You need to get up," I asked.

"Yeah, thirsty... Bathroom break. You want some more water?"

I nodded I did and moved off of him so he could get up. I lay back down after he'd walked out of the living room. I could get used to being here...

March 21st 8:49 PM

Dinner was good, but I couldn't eat as much lasagna as I had the night before. I had to assure him I was fine multiple times and that I was just tired - which was the truth given the chaos my day had consisted of. Generally speaking, our conversations were good since I got my head screwed back on right after my lunch time breakdown. He had me laughing more than a few times, which was nice. I insisted on helping with the cleaning up after dinner, he gave in. Might have been the kiss I'd planted on his lips had helped to convince him I wouldn't take 'No' for an answer.

We worked out an understanding on how we'd get ready for bed tonight and what the morning needed to look like - I was obviously the one needing more time to get ready on both ends of getting into and out of bed. There was no awkward posturing on either of our parts as to sharing his bed. I was happy about that because that's where I wanted to be tonight.

I'd gotten up from the couch about an hour ago. Teeth brushed, showered and legs shaved - I'd wash my hair in the morning, and finally my nighttime skin care routine was handled. I'd just started applying lotion to my legs when I noticed Paul coming into the room. When he saw me he smiled.

"Damn those legs...," he said coming up behind me to wrap his arms around me.

"Too long, too skinny," I said leaning back into his embrace, watching his face in the mirror next to mine.

He kissed my neck, "I'd argue that and win."

I turned to face him, "Oh really? Which of us has more legal training?"

"I doubt in court you'd stand much of a chance," he said kissing me.

His lips were tenderly over mine, our tongues slowly exploring, his hands making their way to my ass. I was wearing only an oversized t-shirt and while it hung just below my ass cheeks, his hands wasted no time getting around the bottom of it and on to skin. I broke the kiss and studied his face, his hands hadn't moved. Was he reading my mind? Did he know I wanted him?

"Go shower... Come to bed," I said and kissed him quickly. "I need to finish up here. No need to rush, I'm not going anywhere."

He smiled, said something about it would be hard to not rush, and he grudgingly let me go to get showered.

March 21st 9:18 PM

Paul opened the bathroom door to a darkened bedroom and was holding his towel in front of him, patting his face dry. The look on his face when he finished said he was anxious to join me. He smiled, turned back to the bathroom to lay the towel over a rack - giving me a nice view of a very nice ass, thank you very much! He finished that and turned the light off - the room was now very dark. I heard a noise, saw a shadow moving, and a moment later felt him climb onto the bed, slide under the sheets to sidle up next to me.

I rolled away slowly so we could spoon and once he'd adjusted for his arousal - his body was against mine perfectly and his cock sat comfortably between my legs - at least for me. His arms around me, a kiss at my neck, and a single slow grind of his hips into mine which got a return push back of my hips in kind. Yes, that's what I'm thinking Mr. Kline...

"I'm happy to just lay here with you...," he whispered.

"If that's all you want, I... I might be disappointed," I said softly.

There was a moment neither of us took a breathe. He moved first, pulling my shirt up slowly, and I got the message it needed to go. After a little bit of squirming, which hadn't dislodged his manhood from between my upper thighs - lower regions, I got the t-shirt off. His hands cupped my breasts and I stiffened, stifling a moan as his tongue traced a path to the back of my right ear and his lips pulled on the lobe. His fingers tugged at the nipple of my... Oh, fuck! Ooooh fughk... I felt as if the whole bed had moved, jiggled slowly under me, though I knew it hadn't.

I reached between my legs and my fingers could feel the bulbous head of his cock had found its way through the lube I'd applied down there before getting into bed while he was showering. His body stiffened as I moved a single finger over the tip, tracing around the slickness of its fully engorged helmet and precum. I moved the entirety of his cock between my thighs lower, then back up towards my ass. He pulled his hips back and his cock was removed from my grasp, but he slid it slowly back towards my fingers and I guided him upwards, towards...

He froze, but I encourage the entry by shifting my hips back into his. His right hand moved from my breast to my ass, pulling my ass cheek a little wider open, he moved his hips slightly, his cock was firmly - pensively positioned at the tight rosebud opening. I wanted him inside of me and tried again to encourage his pushing himself into... He was waiting, why? I tried to relax, knowing there would be a moment of pain, but I wanted...

12