All Comments on 'A Legend of the Great War'

by aabelard

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
LazaroLazaroover 19 years ago
Fab!

This is one of the best stories I have read in a long, long time. Looking forward to more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Excellent! Excellent!

Superb story told with flair, wit and erudition. You kept the imagery, the interest and top writing standards up to the end.

I look forward to much more in the future.

Good luck!

nepo

jimhawkinsjimhawkinsover 19 years ago
the best story i have read here

what more can i say. The history, the detail, the story line is excellent. Please Sir may I have some more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Simply Superb

As we come up to Remembrance Day this is especially good. You get the feeling of what I have thought that the war was like.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
A story from a world which MATTERS

I know the author, and I don't want to repeat the feedback I gave on "Tiffany". Suffice to say, I think that this, although very different, is just as great a story - and no, I don't mean "very good", I mean a great work of storytelling.I've never seen a war story which at once indicts war so severely, and yet shows the content and resolution of men who have learned to do a nasty job well. It should be a lesson to anyone who would want our governments to go out and attack someone.

It must be obvious, from the mentioning of things that come before and after, that this is part of a longer work, that deserves real paper and ink, and gold blocking on the spine, at that! I hope we'll all see it someday. It also gives the lie to those who'd say "Tiffany" is all autobiographical. He didn't live through the Great War, did he? It's obvious that he's lived in the days when the old men were still talkative, though.

Full marks for this wonderful work and the website that lets writers fill the marvellous middle ground between commercial porn and commercial non-porn. Get out there and try to write, too! I know I will.

Gloria

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
What else does he do?

What a wonderful piece of work! This is an answer to the people who think we must be a sad lot of pervs. This man has got the imagination, he's got the sources, and he has to be some kind of more publicly known successful author. Perhaps there are a lot more of them here, if we keep looking!

asiaprofasiaprofover 17 years ago
A magnificent tale...

Of peace alongside war,

And love alongside hate,

Heralding the immortal spirit

Of humanity as its best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
A writer worth knowing

Where on earth else would we find all the morality that we teally need, compressed into these few brilliant words he puts in the mouth of the deathless Mademoiselle from Armentières:

"Making love is never dirty, if it is for making love. I mean if it is not to dominate, not to impress people, not to avoid uncertainty, not for the children, not for a home, not to have your shirts ironed, not because c'est la coutume. Those things are the dirtiness, but this strange thing we do is clean, and it is never cleaner than when your heart goes out to a new woman, if you don' 'ave to betray the last."

I wonder why Literotica say you can listen to a recording of the characters, when I've never found one yet? Still, I came mighty close to it as I read this

This man's writing really, seriously, gives me the horn, and his values and character could make me feel I did right. We would not be talking post-coital depression here!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
If you would see their monument, look about you.

I suppose there are about twenty left alive in all the world now, and this wonderful story is a worthy memorial. He reminds me of the old men who remembered the war as the worst thing that ever was in the world, and with an intensity their lives had never seen again.

knickijknickijalmost 13 years ago
I Agree!

I Totally Agree with all the Sentiments of Previous Comments on this story! It brings Humanity Home in The Midst Of The InHumanity Of All Out War! An Appreciation of The Wonderful Capacity and Worth of The Human Spirit! It Is Such A Shame That We All Become Blind To The Beauty of Life! I Look Forward to more from this Author...Knicki xxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Mon dieu, c'est formidable!

It could have happened this way. It should have. What a lovely story, taken from the worst of times. and what a relief to learn that Mademoiselle from Armentieres was never gross.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Le coeur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connait pas

Quelle histoire merveilleuse! C'est rare, sur ce site, que je me sens excitée, chaleureuse, mouillée... Mais je le suis comme j'écris.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Whatever does this man write in his day job? It has to be something people have heard of.

Yvie M.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Can this really be fiction?

The author says in his profile that old men "wrote" much of this for him. But I wonder how much of it really happened? A lot, I think, for it doesn't read at all like fiction. But if he heard every word from them, that wouldn't detract from his wonderful talent with words and character. I do hope he writes something else.

Sadie in Dublin

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 5 years ago
Magnificent!!!

Arguable in this story we find the best literotica has to offer. I'm grasping for surplitives.

Thank you for this wonderful gift!

Chilley

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous