A Life More Ordinary Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How cliche would I sound if I said I wanted to be here with you forever?" Maru asked, her violet eyes locked with Haley's baby blues.

"Yeah, that's pretty terrible," Haley said, getting a light punch in the shoulder. "It's okay though, I would have said it if you hadn't." Haley caressed Maru's face as she closed in for a slow, deep kiss. She coaxed Maru's tongue into her mouth and sucked on it, getting rewarded with a deep moan.

Their make-out session was interrupted by a series of loud THWACK noises. "Shit!" Haley hissed. "We overslept!"

They quickly threw their clothes on, Maru going over to the front door of the greenhouse (or at least where a front door would be) to look for the farmer. Meanwhile, Haley went to grab the lantern and was shocked to see a letter placed against it, addressed to "Haley & Maru -heart symbol-".

"Maru!" she whispered. Maru looked over as Haley held up the letter.

"What is that?" she asked, frantically trying to locate the farmer through the gaps and cracks of the remaining greenhouse walls.

"It's for us!" Haley replied, slicing open the letter expertly with her index fingernail. Maru came over and looked over Haley's shoulder as they read:

Ladies,

I completely understand needing a little love nest away from town, and I'm glad you feel safe enough to use the greenhouse, ruined as it is. In future, however, I would appreciate some advance warning when you wish to use the facilities, as I got quite a start last night when I realized you were here.

Also, in the interests of full disclosure, I would like to deeply apologize for perving on you in your more intimate moments last night. Running you off the property would be disruptive and mean-spirited, not to mention RUDE, but I may have watched a little longer than I should have. Which then meant that I watched WAY longer than I should have. I hope you will forgive my incredible weakness, and I promise there is no chance of me mentioning any of the erotic lovemaking between two devastatingly beautiful women deeply in love that drove me to an incredible orgasm.

I'd love to meet you both formally, but I recognize that might be weird just now, given the voyeurism. (Again, very sorry but also a little not sorry about that.) Please feel free to come visit whenever you like.

With warmest regards,

Kaylia

Maru blushed harder than she had in her entire life on learning that someone had seen them last night and that she thought they were beautiful. Not just that, but actually watched them fuck and got off on it. The thought sent a shiver of pleasure through her body, and where the hell was THAT coming from?!

"Oh my Goddess!" she said, finally.

"Kaylia..." Haley responded. She seemed to be lost in thought, but was blushing as much as Maru. "What a pretty name-"

The girls were startled again by a piercing shriek from elsewhere on the farm. They got out of the greenhouse and started looking around for the source, when the shriek repeated. Maru's eyes widened.

"I know that song..."

"That's singing?" Haley asked, incredulous, before being shushed. Sure enough, a lyrical voice could be heard from the southern part of the farm, the words punctuated by the sounds of an axe biting into trees.

"We come from the land of the ice and snow,

From the midnight sun where the hot springs flow"

Maru smiled, her mom was definitely right about the new farmer being a blast. She turned to Haley and kissed her deeply, taking her breath away. When they parted, Maru booped Haley's nose before heading north to the mountain road. At an appropriate time, she shrieked along with the farmer, though the timing was a little off due to the distance. Haley turned to look towards the south before she shook her head, folded up the letter and secured it in her cleavage, and headed back to town. She couldn't help but laugh as the love of her life and this mysterious pervert sang some interminable lyrics together. She would never admit that they sounded pretty good together.

"Metalheads are the WORST."

*****

It made no sense.

Kaylia frowned at the green shoots punching their way through the soil. At first, she had thought the soil was unusually dry given the watering from yesterday, but then she noticed the seeds had sprouted and were already at least two inches tall. Parsnips weren't fast growers, so any sort of visual progress would be ridiculous, but this was obscene. In just over 24 hours, the seedlings had exhibited at least 4 full weeks of progress. At this rate, Kay figured the entire crop would be ready for harvest by Friday. Her mind reeled with the implications: with such a fast turnaround time, she could have a variety of crops in the ground and growing far sooner than her initial projections. She went into the cabin for her notepad and was already scribbling new figures and diagrams by the time she got back to the parsnip field.

Kay puzzled over these developments for a good half-hour before deciding to set them aside and get on with her day. She filled the old watering can and proceeded to ensure every inch of the plot got plenty of water. "No wonder you're so thirsty," she chuckled, "you just want to grow up so fast!" She watered all 144 square feet of the plot to what she thought was an acceptable level, then brought her tools back to the cabin. She noticed the red flag on her mailbox had been raised, and reached in for the morning mail, knocking the flag back down with her elbow before heading in.

The first letter was a quick note from Pierre, apologizing for not mentioning the shipping box next to the house. He went on to explain that Kay could put all of her produce, forage, or other goods in the box and it would be picked up at the end of the day, with the proceeds arriving the next morning. She was thankful for its presence, but she wondered if she wouldn't prefer bringing the harvest in to town personally. The letter ended on a hand-written advertisement for a new line of backpacks. Kay admired Pierre's hustle before she realized her pack was actually pretty small. Oh, he's good, she thought.

The second was a garish ad flier from JojaMart. Kay paged through it in morbid curiosity, not surprised by the wide variety of manufactured goods featured therein. Towards the back, an "exciting announcement" that JojaMart was now stocking seeds "for the discerning home gardener." Kay started to scoff before she saw the prices. Based on what she saw at Pierre's, she quickly realized Joja was charging at least 25% over the general store. "How do they expect to win business that way?" Kay asked aloud, before remembering Pierre's schedule. Kay shrugged as she tossed the flier in the fireplace to use as kindling later.

The final letter smelled strongly of the sea. Inside was a note from someone named Willy:

Just got back from a fishing trip and heard you arrived safe and sound. Come by the beach some time when you can, I've got a little welcoming present for you.

Kay placed the two letters with the rest of her correspondence in a little box she kept under the bed. As much as she should continue clearing the farm, a little walk to the beach wouldn't hurt.

*****

Kaylia inhaled the brisk sea air as she stepped onto the pier. The town's beach afforded a broad view of the Gem Sea, and various boats and freighters dotted the horizon. In addition to the piers, there was a small cabin set against the treeline separating the beach from the town proper. There also appeared to be a series of tide pools further east, but the bridge leading to them was in dire need of repair.

Attached to the pier was a sizable shop, a sign reading "Bait & Fish" prominently displayed. At the end of the pier, an older gentleman in a frayed red jacket and floppy newsboy cap was casting a line into the water, and Kay had barely taken 5 steps when he quickly jerked the rod and reeled in a sizable fish for his trouble. The process repeated twice more by the time Kaylia reached him.

"Quite a skill you have with that rod."

The man turned and smiled, a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Thank'ee kindly! My pappy always said to keep a firm hand on 'er and I'll get a lifetime of pleasure."

"Bet it's a fine line between firm enough and too tight, though."

"Right you are, lass, right you are."

They laughed as he reeled in another fish, then set the rod down beside him and extended a hand. "Willy Cutler, at yer service."

"Kay Gardner, a pleasure, sir."

"You have any experience handling a rod?"

Kay's smile deepened, the man was incorrigible. "When I was younger. Haven't had time to pick it up of late, though."

"No time like the present, then!" Willy picked up the rod and offered it to Kay. "How's about you show an old man how the younger generation does it?"

Kay was deeply touched by the kind gift and gladly accepted. It was a simple fishing rod of bamboo, and she gave it a few swings to get a sense for it before letting fly with a fair cast.

"I were out in the Ferns when I heard about Danny and Kimmy, I was sure sorry to hear they'd headed off Beyond. Always had time to fish up a nice supper and spin a tale or two." As they talked, Willy pulled out a worn pipe from inside his jacket, filled it from a pouch at his side, and struck a match.

"What were they like?" Kay asked. "I never got to spend a lot of time with them."

"Oh, they were a hoot and a half, it were easy to see they loved that farm as much as they did each other. They were always so friendly, made you feel like part of the family. Gotta say, you favor Kimmy more than I was expecting. Your granny weren't hard on the eyes, neither, if you don't mind my saying."

Kay laughed at that. "So I've been told, and thank you for the compliment. They ever have you over for more than just supper? If you don't mind my asking." She got a laugh from the mariner in return.

"I don't, but be careful who you go asking that particular question unless you're ready for the answer! Danny always said if I ever had the inclination to get to know Kimmy better, 'we could come to an accommodation,' as he used to say. Never took them up on it, though I appreciated it. Like the song says, she were a fine girl, but my life, my love, and my lady were the sea."

As Willy continued reminiscing, Kay felt a sharp tug on the line. She pulled the rod back and up, felt the hook set, and started reeling the fish in. It was a fighter, alright, and Kay felt she was losing control as she tried to hold on to the catch.

"Easy now, lass," Willy advised, "let the line out a little and pull back on the rod, get it to tire out trying to fight you." Kay eased off on the reel and pulled opposite to the fish's movement. The fish responded, and Kay responded in turn, starting to get frustrated. "Don't think so hard," Willy chided, "just go with it." She sighed and eased off. Eventually, she began to feel the pull lessen and started reeling, stopping occasionally as the fish got a renewed burst of energy and continued fighting. After a few tense minutes, Kay finally reeled in her prize, a 12-inch anchovy.

"Smartly done!" Willy clapped her on the back. "That'll do for a nice bit of lunch."

"Thanks for the help!" Kay replied.

"Nah, you just needed a refresher, I can already tell you've got master angling in you."

Kay took the bait gladly. "Maybe I will a little later, if you're feeling lucky."

Willy nearly lost his pipe as his jaw dropped, but recovered and started laughing. "Well done!"

"Ahoy, the dock!" a call came from near the beach. Kay and Willy turned to see a tall gentleman approaching them with a wave. As he neared, Kay noticed he had classic male model looks, with a strong jaw, sharp features, and a full head of chestnut hair down to his shoulders. He wore a well-fitted burgundy top-coat with a white ruffle shirt, green cravat, and tan slacks slightly rolled at the cuffs. Surprisingly, in sharp contrast to his finely tailored clothes, he was currently bare-footed, which made his natural 6' 1" all the more impressive.

"Ahoy yourself, you beach bum!" Willy replied with a laugh. The man smiled in return and gave Kay a short bow. "Elliott Reed, gentleman author, meet Kay Gardner, lady angler."

"Ah, the new farmer we've all been expecting, and whose arrival has sparked many a conversation! An absolute pleasure."

Oh good grief, Kay thought to herself.

"Very nice to meet you Elliott. I take it that's your cabin on the beach?"

"The very one."

"Elliott is writing the next great Ferngill novel," Willy added, "something about throwing oneself to nature to discover the true strength within?"

"Harsh, but accurate," Elliott replied. "Honestly, I moved out here after too many years working PR for JojaCorp, and the change of pace and vocation was exactly what I needed."

"That and an excuse to wear a cravat?" Kay snarked before she could stop it. Elliott gasped and clutched at his non-existent pearls.

"How very DARE you, madame! If a man wishes to dress in the manner of a self-obsessed fop, I dare say it's his right to do so!"

"Look at that, the tide's going out," Willy interjected, grabbing his tackle box and heading into the bait shop. "Fair winds to you both!" Elliott and Kay laughed at the swift exit.

"How are you settling in?" Elliott asked as they started back to the beach.

"Everyone has been very friendly," Kay replied, "but I've been pretty busy on the farm. I'm trying to take breaks to meet everyone, but it's slow going."

"I'll let you in on a little secret, then. Friday night is the Stardrop Saloon's busy night, I'm sure that would save a bit of time making the rounds."

"Thanks for the tip, though I think I'd prefer to meet everyone before they're deep in their cups."

"Well, sure, if you want to be boring about it."

They parted ways at Elliott's cabin, and Kay wandered through town. She decided to walk along Willow Lane towards the forest, taking her time to study the houses along the way. She saw Emily leave one and waved to her. "Off to work?"

Emily nodded. "Yeah! Heading back to the farm?"

"Eventually."

"Well, have fun, whatever happens!"

*****

Cindersap Forest was a lot bigger than Kaylia was expecting, opening to a beautiful vista of trees and hills as she followed the river west of town. She passed by what could only be Marnie's ranch, a number of cows and chickens milling around a penned area. There was also another small cottage near the river as it turned south into the sea. The area was littered with pine, oak, and maple trees, along with countless shrubberies and the host of forest fauna that relied on such flora.

Off in the distance, standing tall over the deeper parts of the forest, Kay spotted what looked like a fairy tale wizard's tower. The tall edifice loomed over the forest, and Kay wondered about walking over to take a look, but decided against it for now. If it wasn't a wizard's tower, it would be a pretty big disappointment. If it was, best not to let any occupants know she was curious. Kay considered further: if there was an actual wizard in residence, it was entirely possible that they knew all about her, and that could be trouble. Still, if wizards in the Republic were anything like the ones in the Empire, she wasn't interested in attracting their attention.

"Probably want to graft a penis to my forehead or something," she mumbled to herself as she turned north back to the farm.

"Hello!" a bright, feminine voice called out to her, and Kay turned to see a young woman with bright red hair waving at her. The woman carried a large sketch pad in one arm and had a small bag over her shoulder. She wore a green work shirt under a dark green vest, open to expose a purple tank top underneath, and her hair was pulled into a braid over her shoulder.

"Hello! Making some sketches?" Kay replied as she approached.

"Yeah, the light's just about perfect for it. I'm Leah, by the way, I live in that cottage over there."

"Kaylia, I'm very pleased to meet you!" she replied, looking Leah over. She was much shorter, probably about 5' 7", and of trim build. She caught Leah's eyes occasionally dropping to her bust and smiled to herself. Ooh, someone's noticed the girls.

"So," Leah said, trying very hard not to ogle the Valkyrie goddess in front of her, "how is the farm doing? Was it in good shape?"

"It's going to be a project. Five years with no one tending to the place tends to let nature remodel, as it were."

"Oh yeah, I've walked through there sometimes looking for inspiration, I'm a little sad it's being cleaned up." Leah blushed as she realized her faux pas. "I mean, not that it's a bad thing you're cleaning it up! I'm sure the space will be really useful!" She couldn't believe how flustered she was getting. After all, as pretty as Kaylia was, tall and booby had never been Leah's type. Those eyes, though.

Kay smiled. "It's alright, I get what you mean. I don't think it's all going away soon, it's pretty tiring chopping down trees and breaking rocks."

"Yeah, I'll bet." Leah decided it would be a very good idea to bid her goodbye before she stuffed her foot in her mouth. "I should get back to my studio, I've got some bowls curing and I need to get my kiln fired."

Kay smiled. "Yeah, I should go too, lot to do yet today. It was very nice to meet you, Leah, maybe we'll run into each other at the Saloon sometime?"

"Sure! I'd love that!" Leah's eyes sparkled as she gave Kay a dazzling smile in return.

"Great. See you then." Kay turned and started back to the farm as Leah almost sprinted back to her cottage. Once inside, she splashed some cold water on her face. Wow, she thought to herself. I haven't been that flustered since I met Kel. After a moment calming down, thought about the similarities between the new farmer and her ex. True, Kaylia was incredibly hot, but as she thought more about it, she realized it was more nuanced than a flare of lust. Kel had an allure that was intoxicating, seductive, and maybe Kaylia had something similar, but it was warmer, not as intense. She seemed more like a close friend in the making, initial attraction notwithstanding, and Leah was truly excited at the prospect of having exactly that kind of relationship here.

*****

Twilight was closing in as Maru knocked on the cabin door, hoping to apologize for earlier and make a better introduction. She'd heard that Kaylia had really enjoyed one of Gus's salads and had brought one as a further peace offering. The farm was noticeably different even from this morning, and the stacks of wood and stone neatly piled by the cabin had multiplied. A number of plots had been staked out, and Maru was impressed with the scale of work so far. She knocked again, still not receiving a response. She looked around and then took a peek through the window in the door. She couldn't see much, but it didn't look like Kaylia was around.

Off to her left, Maru heard something. Turning to look, she didn't see anything, but then she heard it again, and she thought it was coming from the greenhouse. Is someone else using it? Maru wondered, before curiosity got the better of her. Quiet as she could, she went up to the broken wall, waiting for a moment before trying to look. Now that she was closer, she could make out some kind of rhythmic sound, and then something that grabbed her full attention.

"...oh, sister..."

Maru peeked around the wall, and her jaw dropped at what she saw.

*****

Kaylia was sore, but it was a good sore that came from hard work. She was also tired, but it was an accomplished tired. She sat on her porch reviewing her handiwork, proud of what she'd finished before she'd decided she'd had enough for the day. All of that paled in comparison to her current problem, however.

She was horny as hell. She recognized that it hadn't been Leah that put her in such a state, though the young artist was clearly attractive. No, it really only started coming on as she neared the end of the day's toil. And now, she not only needed to do something about it, she needed to make a complete mess of herself doing it. It had been too long since she'd given herself a cum bath, and she was going to remedy that TONIGHT.