A Life Unknown Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I lay on my back smiling up at him. He was still deep within me.

"More?" he asked

And I nodded

A little later I was roaring in pleasure once more.

Although he was inexperienced Edward was considerate and took pleasure in my pleasure. I indicated he should stop, crossed to an armchair, and sat with my legs wide exposing my swollen engorged labia and bud.

"Please lick me," I said

So he knelt between my legs, and I lifted them over his shoulders and rested them there as he licked and nibbled. When he put three finger inside of me and started to finger fuck me as he used his tongue, this was enough to drive me over the edge and I took another long trembling noisy cum.

Now It was his turn, and I was determined to give him the experience of his life. Onboard Lusitania our lovemaking had been furtive and a little hurried but that night in The Savoy we had plenty of time. First as he lay on his back I sat astride him cowboy style and let him get a good view of my arse. Back then I had a narrow waist and big round bum cheeks, and as he admired them I rubbed his erect penis in my bum crack and slowly jerked his mushroom head with just two fingers.

I took him close and stopped. Then I turned and sat astride him facing him, cowgirl, and rubbed his shaft between my big round tits. Only when he was groaning in pleasure did I stop and let him recover before giving him a slow hand job. And then when he could take no more I took his penis deep in my mouth and with my head bobbing and my tongue against his glans I heard him groan in release and I felt his shaft pulse and his salty sperm flood my mouth. I looked down on him and in act of deep intimacy I smiled and swallowed his sperm.

A little later he was ready for more: I certainly was. I knelt on the bed and showed him how to kneel behind me and fuck me doggystyle. His penis was deep inside of me, and he stretched and filled me as he moved in and out. I reached between my legs and found my clitoris then frigged myself to another climax. Then I rode him, and as I looked down on him he held my tits in his hands until I collapsed across him. I wasn't finished and as I lay next to him. with thumb and three fingers I milked him rapidly to his climax

***

Life resumed a kind of normality. I saw Edward on a regular basis, going up to town and staying overnight at different luxury hotels in turn, as we fucked our way around London. Eventually I introduced Edward to Emily as my fiancée and he would come to stay weekends and we would go for walks or go riding. Neither Edward nor I thought much of the future although I was hopeful that in the end somehow I would be able to get a divorce from George. By now Emily was aware I was sleeping with Edward on a regular basis, and I don't think she approved although there was little she could do about it, and we were very discrete. I didn't care. I was in love.

Mother remained paralysed on one side and did not speak preferring to peer silently out of her window at I know not what. At Christmas 1915 David came home for leave for 10 days. By then he was a junior officer in the East Surrey Regiment. He was able to meet Edward who kept up the pretence by asking for my hand in marriage and David was happy to give it. He had never approved of my marriage to George and seemed almost happy he had died.

I was surprised that David and Edward got on since Edward had made the decision not to join the army, but I suspected he was involved in the fight against the Germans in a different capacity. Neither did Robert have an "I told you so attitude" to my marriage to George. I supposed he had lived through too much for that to be of any importance anymore.

Just after New Year 1916 David returned to the war, Edward returned to work in Whitehall, and Emily and I continued to care for mother. This had become an increasingly difficult job as many of our staff had left our service in order to take jobs left vacant by all the young men who had gone to war.

By the end of 1915 there were no longer enough soldiers volunteering to fight and in January 1916 The Military Services Act was passed. This became effective from March when all men between 18 and 41 years of age and who were not exempt were required to enlist.

In May that year Edward enlisted. He was exempt because of the nature of his job but felt he could no longer stay in the safety of London whilst so many others were actively fighting in France. I tried to talk him out of it, but it was useless. I was bereft. I was convinced I would never see him again.

Slowly my world began to unravel once more.

In early July David was killed on the Somme and shortly afterwards, later In the month, mother died. We had not told her about David, but I wondered if she had sensed his leaving us.

Emily fell apart.

A few days after my mother's death the will was read. She had left the house, its contents, and all of her money to David, James , and Emily. "I leave nothing to my daughter Victoria who married against my wishes and is independently wealthy."

Emily had the inheritance, and I had my jewels. But she didn't know that and when she didn't offer to share what she had been left I became angry and resentful. I said nothing but was already wondering whether there was anything keeping me in Ripley.

In mid-August, the telegram arrived. I was not at home when it was delivered and although it was addressed to Victoria Jamieson Emily had opened it and read it. She had been white faced and trembling when she handed it to me.

"it's from George. He's alive. You've been lying to me, and you lied to David and poor Edward. How could you. You, a married woman, sleeping with your so called fiancée under MY roof."

***

I snatched the telegram out of her hand.

Did you think you could steal from me. W tried to. The same awaits you. Husband George.

In a flash I realised George had discovered I was alive, probably from the photograph taken of me coming off the train in Euston. He was threatening me with the same fate as William. And he had disappeared!

The telegram had been sent from New York the previous evening. I imagined George drunk and in his office dictating the telegram down his phone. He wouldn't have been unwise enough to warn me of his intent if he had been sober. George had always been very careful and deliberate in everything he did. Now I knew what I must do.

I turned to Emily.

"I left George because he was and is a nasty, abusive, and dangerous man. I lied to you and David because I had to, and you'd never have understood. I never lied to Edward. He knows about George .

The world is changing Emily and you need to change to. People are dying and life is short.

I'm leaving today and going somewhere where George will never find me. I'm going back to America."

Then I spoke sarcastically.

"Thank you for offering me some of the inheritance but I don't need it. If by some miracle Edward survives you can tell him where I am. I'll telegram you my whereabouts but don't ever tell George. From now on I will use the surname Cameron"

Later that day I packed a trunk with all my worldly goods, and with my jewels safely hidden I left the house. Around my neck was the brass house key. It was no longer held by string but hung on a chunky gold chain.

By the time I left Emily had regained some of her composure and our goodbyes were real.

The last words she said to me were, "look after yourself."

***

On the 9th of September I sailed from Liverpool on the RMS Laconia. We were bound for Boston. I telegrammed Emily the evening before I left in case something happened to me. I signed it Victoria Cameron.

As we left the Mersey Estuary and I looked back at The Three Graces standing on the waterfront outlined against the sky I said a prayer for our safety and made my offering to the sea. I cast a wine bottle containing a single diamond into the grey swell, hoping to appease any malignant spirits that lurked there.

The voyage was long and took eight days. The Laconia was a slower vessel than the Lusitania. Once we left the war zone the mood onboard was relaxed. Although the Germans had promised not to attack passenger ships I was still a little nervous earlier in the voyage. The first class was every bit as luxurious as you would expect and I spent the days reading, playing the piano, and socialising with fellow passengers. I didn't sleep with any of them.

On the last day of the voyage the final blow landed. It was early morning, and I was in the Verandah Café drinking coffee when a white gloved steward handed me a telegram. He attentively waited for me to read it in case I wished to reply. I must have shown my shock as I read the words because he asked me if everything was alright and when I nodded he quietly went about his duties. I Iooked down at the words again. I read and reread them as if by doing this the message might change.

Informed Edward Killed in Action August 15 Somme. So sorry Emily.

I sat and quietly wept. I wept for Edward, and David, and James, and all the other young men killed in this senseless war. I wept for the dead of the Lusitania. I wept for Emily, alone in her large house. Lastly I wept for myself.

Later that day I entered America at the port of Boston. Before America entered the war in April 1917 no passport was needed and as I stood on the dock alone and reborn as Victoria Cameron I was fiercely resolved to rebuild my shattered life.

***

To be continued...

Endnote

Queenstown in Southern Ireland was renamed Cobh in 1920. It is situated on the coast of County Cork and now has a population of around 13,000. It is thought that between 1848 and 1950 two and a half million Irish people emigrated to North America through this port. The RMS Titanic called here on her fateful voyage across the Atlantic

One hundred and fifty of the dead from The Lusitania were buried in the Old Church cemetery one mile north of the town. Eighty victims were never identified.

***

Fighting between the Germans and the Allies close to the Flemish town of Ypres continued intermittently for much of the First World War. James is likely to have died during the 2nd Battle of Ypres in April/May 1915 when poison gas was used by the German army for the first time on a mass scale.

The town of Ypres is the site of the Menin Gate. This is an arched memorial to the British and Commonwealth soldiers killed during The Battle of Ypres and who remain missing. Every evening at 8 o'clock the Last Post is sounded.

***

The Battle of the Somme was a battle fought in Northern France between July and November 1916. Whilst over three million men fought there were an estimated one million casualties.

***

Brookwood Cemetery is the largest cemetery in the United Kingdom and is situated close to Woking in Surrey. It was originally called the London Necropolis and was opened in 1854 because there was no longer space in London to bury the dead. Originally the cemetery was served by the London Necropolis Railway which ran from a dedicated station situated alongside Waterloo Station directly into the cemetery. Coffins and mourners could travel in first, second, or third class carriages. A number of notable people are buried here.

These include Sir Cosmo Edmund Duff Gordon and his wife Lady Lucy Duff-Gordon both of whom who survived the sinking of the Titanic. Not far from their graves lies Eleanor Smith who was the widow of the captain of the Titanic Edward L Smith. In 1931 she was knocked down by a taxi and killed.

***

Cunard built two ships named The RMS Laconia and this was the first of them. Before World War I she sailed between Liverpool, Boston, and New York. Between 1914 and 1916 she was used as an armed merchant cruiser before restarting her transatlantic crossings for Cunard In September 1916. She was torpedoed and sunk in February 1917, six miles from Fastnet Rock in Southern Ireland when she was returning from America. Twelve lives were lost.

***

In 1916 Germany made a promise to the United States. They undertook to stop attacking passenger ships or merchant ships unless they were carrying munitions. They additionally undertook to ensure the safety of passengers and crew before a merchant ship was sunk. This pledge, which became known as the" Sussex Pledge," was rescinded in January 1917 because the Germans believed they could defeat the Allies before the United States entered the war. Ultimately this was one of the actions that caused the entry of America into World War 1.