All Comments on 'A Little Imagination'

by dangerouslydead

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Excellent

Great tale. Right to the point. Enough said.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Quite good.

Although a short followup to see the just rewards they reap would be entertaining! Good job!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 11 years ago
Excellent story!

Thank you for sharing it with us. It is unfortunate that can end a story saying there will be no sequel and right off the bat, you get a request for a sequel. Sometimes I wonder why you guys take comments at all.

MarvinSMarvinSalmost 11 years ago
Rerun?

Methinks I read this story once before, but it was posted today as a new one.

dangerouslydeaddangerouslydeadalmost 11 years agoAuthor
It is an old story

This story was posted on another site earlier and is posted on Lit for the first time.

I have multiple scenarios for what happened next in my head... I am just not sure if there is enough to actually fill enough pages for a sequel.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

Nice but totally impossible flash story. And there is a camera showing the inside of almost every jail and many show the inside of the cells too.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Only in America

In my country the husband dies resisting arrest. Maybe the officer that shoot him be separated from the force and rehired in another city or state.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
confused??

was the chief fucking the detectives wife too? It reads like the lawyer just wants to raise doubts in the detectives mind, but it also reads like he has proof from the P.I. report. All I'm saying is that it was confusing. Beyond that, I do find it hard to believe the jail cell wasn't under surveliance and monitored. What I really liked about this, is that so many feel like the legal system will fail them, and if you are smart enough, you just might get the legal system to work FOR you. Thanks for a thought provoking flash story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Really enjoyed this flsah story

It seems quite plausible in most instances with possible exemption of actually finding a wife who was so pathetically inept at hiding the steps of her betrayal. Maybe she was so enthralled with her fuck toy that she lost all sense of logic, but I doubt it. Maybe she was very bright and was very gullible which would explain her initial involvement with another man, although that seems a little weak too. The Chief of Police is one we would think is too bright to become ensnared by the husband but elevation in a police force does not necessarily mean intellect rather it means political savvy. Lastly with a strong pre-nup in place that specifically stated that adultery was grounds for divorce and would leave the adulterous wife with only what she brought into the marriage should have been a very strong deterrent to cheating. So that leaves the stupid wife angle the most likely.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 11 years ago
Well Done

and an interesting twist to the normal getting revenge and BTB story.

I agree with others that a sequel would be nice. It's fairly obvious that James has everything under control but it would be interesting to see the author's take on how and how much the Chief and the wife suffer and what happens after the news conference.

Thanks for the hard work and please keep the stories coming.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Excellent start

Now one of the good writers, like yourself, needs to finish it.

ryu77ryu77almost 11 years ago
Its perfect

Leave it like that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
My 2 Cents

Fine the way it is though I would have liked "YOUR" imagination to develop the repercussions of the affair

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

These stories may be a bit of fun from time to time but they are really very frustrating. I can imagine shit on my own. I come here to read a story. You know with a beginning, middle and end.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 11 years ago
I liked that!

Short and to the point!

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Nice Sketch

No beginning or end, but that is not a problem for me!

green117green117almost 11 years ago
amusing plotting

However -

It requires that the police respond using formal actions, when in fact I think they would do the work off the time sheet.... you would have to have everything you do on video to catch a policeman doing "work" after hours.

Interesting idea which has been not as developed as some of those in the LW genre. It does show up though - I can remember at least one on setting up the couple for a legal fall, and one similar to set up the cop - "Desperate Measures" by Papatoad for the last is a bit of enjoyable silliness. Recommended.

Green-something

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
CREATE A PLAN

and follow it through....the outcome is always unknown, TK U MLJ LV NV

LitformikeLitformikealmost 11 years ago
Nice

Great way for retribution against a public official who should know better and a skank who got to big for her britches.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Dont stop here.

This is awesome, please continue.

JusttooldJusttooldalmost 11 years ago
good

Well thought out. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
"Loving wives"...?

And we get bad Dick Tracy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This is Literotica

Sick story from sick mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Good Story

I Liked It ! I am not a NAZI but offer this mild assessment. Only misspelled word I noticed was "Precinct". Grammar was appropriate. Story line was easy to follow.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 11 years ago
Maybe

For all we know from the story the wife takes him to the cleaners in the divorce. Maybe his prenup sucked. Maybe she hired a hit man and had him killed. Maybe she had him beaten weekly for the rest of his life. Maybe, maybe ,maybe. That's the problem with a story with no ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Yes.

Me like story. Nice of you to let our imaginations finish it.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 11 years ago
Broken nose

The most erotic part (and only if you're a masochist) is the self-broken nose! Caught, of course, on video - as it was happening and still on the DVD!)

Otherwise, I really enjoyed it!

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Good Read***

This with some of your earlier stories should give you the honor of being crowned the king of HALFASS STORIES. But at least they are well written. Thanks for sharing what little bit you did with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

If you couldn't be bothered to re-read your first draft, why the fuck should we be bothered to read it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great Story Line

This story is one that displays creative originality --- conceptually A+, carried out with fine tuning!

GenghisKhanGenghisKhanalmost 11 years ago
I almost *punished* the author

for, as another poster, "chytown," said the author's doing a "half story."

the story is, obviously, well thought-out and written, from beginning to its half-end...

and for that half-end stunt, I almost gave the author a 4-star rating; but IT IS a really good little half-story.

I really like the PERRY MASON-ish quality of it; I used to love the Perry Mason shows, when I was young. But then I never watched a really juicy Perry Mason episode that just unceremoniously ended in the middle of an oral argument session.

(Odd tidbits: Shows and books like PERRY MASON, etc are what have DISTORTED some people into fantasizing that the past --- the further into the past you go, the better, they say --- was easier, better, with better morality and ethics, since the bad guy was always in the court room, or within the law, MERELY awaiting the story line to end, so they could just get up and say, "Yeah, it's me. I did it.")

Nonetheless, I gave the author a 5-star rating, due to the half-story's FUN, well half-though-out nature. 'Tis TRULY one of those "no pain, no gain" stories!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
really?

Improbable but well written, you arrogant bastard.

Danger09Danger09almost 11 years ago
I've read read this story before.

I thought it was rushed then too. I think you're an O.K writer but you are constantly writing half-ass stories. Every single one of your stories are half-assed. It's like you get bored pretty quickly with the story or you run out of things to write about, which would explain you posting the same story you posted on SOL. I used to have you as my favorite writer but your continuously shitty endings forced me to remove you. If you don't care enough to fully invest in a story plot/ending why write it? Like in this story, what happened to the wife & the chief? You might don't think it's relevant but I do. From the comments I can see I'm not the only one who thinks you're a bit lazy when it comes to your stories they are all rushed, with no ending leaving readers annoyed and unsatisfied

RePhilRePhilalmost 11 years ago
Good one

It's a shame that the good stories always seem to have a shortened or cliff hanger endings. These non WACC stories are getting very rare this section so when one comes along you want it to last for pages!!! You can never get enough of a good story in this section. Thanks and craft us another one please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Total failure

Just another author trying and failing to be clever by not finishing his story and leaving it to the reader's imagination. It was a good start, clever even, but either you ran out of imaginative endings or just couldn't think of one. BAH!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Crap

If you can`t write and finish a story the fuck off. Finished would have been a sure 5 stars but this useless unfinished shit gets none!!

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
#2 WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN

is going to happen ,,no matter what, TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Flash is right

And perfect -

Short sweet - the audience must - for a change - think on it's own for a change.

The blanks are all drawn and there is very little filling in to do - let's make it easy - he wins!. The details on your minds are the fun part of how well he wins lol

ValerionValerionover 10 years ago
Too bad no sequel

I was seriously laughing over this one. Fun read and I'd love to read more about this one but still...good read.

harrycartonharrycartonabout 10 years ago
Don't see a need for a sequel

Any sequel would just drag us through the divorce, recriminations, etc. etc.Blah, blah blah.

There's plenty of 'finished' stories out there. Use your imagination!

Good story, Good twist. Thanks for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
lmfao

boom, oops, busted, done like a kipper ---nice short and to the point would love another one page just to see them burn lol

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Yes

Another tale which seems to point out that cheaters are the stupidest people on the planet.

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Too much!

In a very good way. I hope DD returns with more of her trademark writing style. (Very little Nazi work would have been needed.)

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I know you asked us to not worry about spelling, etc.

but:

"This story is about a cleaver twist that a cuckolded man thinks of to get his pound of flesh without a carving knife."

you don't need a carving knife when you are twisting a cleaver.

lol

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Enjoyable

Great imaginative twist on an overworked theme. Well done.

IndyOnIndyOnover 9 years ago
Gave it a 1....

Only because you didn't finishthedamnstory!

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
Just noticed my 10/28 faux pas.

I meant, of course, to say "...Nazi grammar..."

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
****

Great start but not even an ounce of flesh. He said vs. They said all within a holding cell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
While well done I don't agree that it doesn't need an ending.

I. for one, don't want to "think" about an ending. I want it spelled out for me in print. I want to see if the wife gets a smart attorney, beats the charges, has the pre-nup overturned and gets her pound of flesh. I want to follow the husband around while he plots against the wife, makes sure every person she knows gets copies of the pictures of her infidelity. I don't like to "assume". I makes an as out of you and me. BAH!

PeteCedarPeteCedarover 8 years ago
No sequel is necessary

Then you should have completed the story. If you want to write a quick flash story, make sure it tells the entire story without the reader wanting to know more about the characters and the why and where. There was something most certainly going to happen after the end of what was written but the author either didn't care to elaborate or figured the reader needed to make up their own story finish. Authors write to entertain their readers. An author who doesn't finish a story is like a magician who shows you an empty hat and then tells you to imaging a rabbit hopping out of it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
This Is A Great Stand Alone Story

No sequel is necessary. The flow of the story was considerably rushed; but considering content, reading entertainment, and originality, it was extraordinarily well written and deserving of praise.

duckyaceduckyacealmost 8 years ago
bullshit

This is the sorriest story I ever read u gave no thought to the plot or characters u need build up a u wrote was basically 9ne paragraph

Pappy7Pappy7almost 8 years ago
Good little story,

but of course it's not one of the great classics of literature. Very few of those old and dead writers contribute to this site. But it was funny and it was engaging and it was a phantasy of what could happen in a more just world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
All in the details...

With today's problems between the public and the police; it would have been recorded when he broke his nose. Also, the PI's and the cops are a close fraternity. The PI would have given the Chief a heads up on the investigation.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
JOHN LENNON WAS CORRECT

and now the world turns leaving all the rubble in the wake. TK U MLJ LV NV

EXursusRhereEXursusRhereover 7 years ago
Damned 'cleaver' little story.

IMHO, it was funnier than Abbot and Costello could ever be. You naysayers kiss old DD's ass, probably make your breath smell better.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Hey, it is your story. You do not want to finish it, you do not have to.

That being said, it COULD have been a good story.

It was a little creative and original, I will give it that much.

But as a complete story, it sucked.

Regardless of what you think, it does need a sequel or more to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dr semblance

More bile from the dr, this time guised under passive aggression.

Thank you dr for your wonderful uplifting insights!

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
Short ......

..... but very entertaining.

5 *

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 7 years ago
Not Finished!!!

What the hell, use the little brains you geniuses possess and try to write any of a multitude of equally probable endings. The author certainly gives you that possibility!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Just one mistake: the precinct doesn't have cameras.

It's 2013 this year there are already high tech security cameras. Where is this precinct?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Yep

The way things work it still may not turn out well for the intrepid hero but at least the cheaters pay a price.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Loved it

I don't consider it unfinished. More than enough info provided to reach a conclusion.

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
finally

a man with balls and smarts

so rare today in our fucked up society

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 6 years ago
Good one.

A great little story, that I,

as others, would've loved

being a little longer.

All the important details

are here though.

Therefore it gets top ratings from me.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Great flash

I really wish you would use that twisted mind to do a.longer story. It would be a winner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Me Too

Yeah, I wish the author would have continued the story enough to detail the ruination of the police chief. I think it would have been interesting. Still, a good story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I like your stories a lot!

They are creative, imaginative, and very original. This was a great story!

kiteareskitearesover 5 years ago
I know you said no spelling Nazis, but I couldn't resist this one

"You will have to come to the prescient and answer a few questions." He said.

If they are prescient, why would he need to answer the questions? They would already know the answers. Sometimes typos are just too perfect to ignore :)

I do have issue with the broken nose, not because of cameras etc, but having had mine broken 4 times, it would take a special kind of resolve to break your own nose for the pain involved and the angle required, probably more likely to brush his cheek or eye, which would have worked.

And I don't think that patrol man is going to last long with his "I'm afraid..." (that grated).

The rest was just a bit of good fun, cheers.

As for the sequel....but, but, feed me? Feed Me!

FEED ME SEYMOUR FEED ME!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A sequel? Really?

The only result a sequel would bring would be all the boring details and legal wrangling (highly disected by all the lawyers and lawyer wannabes, using the differences in laws from all 50 states, and other countries, too!). Yes, I too would love to hear how the chief and the wandering wifey publicly fell on their faces, but it would be tedious at best. No, this story is complete as is. I guess we’ll all have to use a little imagination... lol

SkubabillSkubabillabout 5 years ago
Wow!!!

This writer has a brilliant imagination. He could use an introduction to spell check though.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 5 years ago
Second read.

His lawyer's name was Danny Crow?

I missed it on my first read, but a few years before

this story was released here, there was a lawyer

in the TV series "Boston Legal" called Danny Crane.

If dangerouslydead was saluting the series,

that gets him extra credit from me.

IMHO "Boston Legal" is the best the yanks

have done, in comedy/drama TV, since "Mash".

Anyway, liked the story as much as the first time around.

Brilliant thinking!

Tiger27Tiger27about 5 years ago

My imagination says that after to Chief was thoroughly demonized in the press, the mayor fired him on the spot. Trudy quietly and promptly left town. Howzat?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
This story is too much fun! 5*****

I don't think I could break my own nose deliberately, but I do understand the motivation in this case. This is a fun story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Regardless of the epilogue

This story is unfinished. What there is of it is fairly clever. But the real meat of the story is missing. What happens to the Chief? What happens to his wife? Does he sue the Police Department? Is his pre-nup upheld? So many questions. So little time. But I don't WANT to use my imagination. I want to read it. Thanks for the effort, but this was a failure to finish.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Read again

Good.little story. I can imagine an ending, but would rather read one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

LAZY, finish your fucking stories, it is NOT CLEVER to leave them UNFINISHED.

robroy93robroy93over 4 years ago
Too soon

This one quit while it was ahead. I was definitely in to it.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Great story enjoyed cheating wife and lover caught and punishment deserved

Enjoyed And revenge and enjoyed

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years ago
Still very much a favorite of mine!

It isn't easy to take the police chief down, but I was along for the ride every step of the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I’m sorry but I’ve got to admit though the story was fantastic as others have said it already. You became lazy at the end this story was fantastic the start was brilliant. The middle was brilliant and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Then you spoil it by saying to use your own imagination on the ending. But what you forget is yes people have great imagination yours included. But what people prefer is that they want the writer to give his take on the story not tell people to use there own imagination. It puts the writer in poor prospective that tells the readers that the writer has got a poor imagination and creativity. And to top it off tells people that his attention span is extremely poor. Just loved to know how on earth are you going to earn respect from people if you keep doing this to them . This was a extremely fantastic story and it clearly shows that you are extremely talented But your will power or your willingness to not finish the story paints a poor picture of you being weak . You have got a talent but you are to scared to use it properly. You need to stand up and say this is how it should end. And not say oh that will do or pretend to have a “ brain freeze “ because I’m to scared to finish this. You need to stand up and become the next papatoad or the next harddaysKnight or the next saddletramp1956 or the next TheMarlboroMan etc. You need to show people what you can do go show them and stop being so silly by not finishing your stories .

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

Too abrupt an ending. Otherwise, nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
story doesn't need finishing

While if the writer wanted to continue there is more that could be done with it, there is also the danger that the start is so good that the story has to go downhill a little. I like it as it is. 5 stars.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Reading again.I hope the demonstration stays peaceful.

GraywolfofcGraywolfofcover 3 years ago
Lame to say the least

Really a Writer who can't end His own Story is that what this is?

TeggeTeggeabout 3 years ago

There's so much more potential to this story and you are trying so hard to "not" be a great writer. I don't write but I recognize talent. You have it. Finish the story. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What is with the readers here? This great story is over but they keep asking for more. Well, here's another ending for you, just like I tell my kids: "And he lived happily ever after."

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

The husband got his pound of flesh. 5 stars for the husband

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

It's not a flash story just because you quit writing it. 1 star

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

5*

Superb !

Why did you stop writing ?

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Sure, there's no need for a resolution, like there's no need for icing on a cake. But in both cases, you can feel its absence. Was a good flash story, but tapered off at the end.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

4 stars for this weird short story. However, I did like it for the original content.

opheliusopheliusalmost 3 years ago

Deducted a star for the poor spelling and lack of editing.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Very nice one.

I am beginning to like your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

great story, but you REALLY need to work on your spelling, grammer, etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I truly wish that you would continue writing stories with your special twist.

Vito25Vito25over 2 years ago

Жаль что этот прекрасный автор больше не печатайте!

Надеюсь что у него всё хорошо!!!!

Спасибо

eljj546eljj546about 2 years ago
Huh?

This story is about a cleaver twist that a cuckolded man thinks of to get his pound of flesh without a carving knife.

At least you didn't say it was a clever twist.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You might wish to think again about using "Nazi" in your introduction, even when pissed off by some spell checking.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdangerouslydead@dangerouslydead
I write as a part of my anger therapy. It is a stressful world we live in and we can find outlets in different ways. This is mine.