All Comments on 'A Little Interlude'

by whatdreamsmaycome

Sort by:
  • 181 Comments (Page 2)
ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Excellent work

How about a follow up with the counselor?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
@luedon - question of trust

She knew her lothario ex was back in town, then later had lunch with him.

Dex found out some time after she did.

Immediately after she told him loverboy was back, he told her he knew.

Your kneejerk decision to fault the husband is at least consistent.

In another comment you denigrate husband's manner in handling the problem, basically stating someone more ''seagullian'' would have come up with better outcome.

Given within a few hours, the wife had given up thoughts of straying, told loverboy to sell it elsewhere, and dumped her devil on one shoulder slut friend, agreed to counseling, etc, I would state he and wife had arrived at best outcome.

Most telling is how midlife females can be oh so ready to explore their options, satisfy the what if curiosity, test drive a new husband, but are adamantly opposed to their husbands doing likewise.

She admits the thought of her husband between another females legs hurts her to her core. Strange how she thinks her husband should not also feel similarly hurt. Instead she wants his support and acceptance. She goes so far as to question not only husband's love for her, but also does not think husband knows she loves him.

To make matters worse her relationship with the ex did not end because cosmic forces tore two meant for each other soulmates apart. It ended when she caught him-her fiance at the time-in bed with her maid of honor. The fact that she would even speak to the guy, but would meet secretly with him, and be getting wet panties for the guy to the point of demanding a marital time out makes no sense.

Another commenter takes Dex to task for being controlling, claiming various events transpire all the time and no one should have to detail everything that happened during the day to their spouse. How controlling of Dex-she should divorce him commenter states.

Point is the ex's return after a dozen years to work in the same office is an event of great note. His contact of her and her accepting a lunch invite is also not some trivial occurence on the same level as a co-worker's new hairdo. Which by the way she would certainly mention. Her ''I will have to think about it'' reply to her cheating fiance for a drink and dancing request is also more than the everyday ''a bug flew into my windshield'' event.

Your equivocating about sins of ommision and commission, when the omission is intentional and used to hide commited acts is laughable.

Fact is sins of omission are often commited to hid acts of betrayal.

I omit telling my wife and my best friend dince grade school that I have been banging his wife-her sister-for five years. Not only an ommision but the old standby rationalization, what they don't know can't hurt them.

I always apply the ''if the shoe was on the other foot'' principle.

She would be furious, heartbroken, and feel utterly betrayed. If nothing was going on you would have told me she would have screamed and banished him from HER bed for a ''yet to be determined'' interval.

No ''little interlude'' that banishment!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
time for divorce

A wife who wants permission to have sex with an ex-fiance, whom on the cusp of their wedding day is caught screwing her maid-of-honor, is a female who will have sex with anyone and is planning to do so.

Let every female out there be objective and honest.

No way a female forgets or forgives a betrayal of that magnitude...hell hath no fury certainly would still hold true

luedonluedonabout 6 years ago
Wow, Anonymous ! Re: A Question of Trust

It was several months ago that I commented on this story, so I had to rake back through the 109 comments to see where mine were and find out what I had said that was so controversial. Why were my comments from all that time ago the ones requiring your follow-up response, when others were much more divisive and critical of one or other spouse?

I can simply summarise the way I saw the situation:

1. The wife did something she knew her husband

wouldn't like and didn't tell him she had done it.

2. The husband knew that she had done it and

didn't tell her that he knew.

3. She eventually told him because she wanted

to go further.

4. He then told her what he knew and said she

shouldn't go further.

In my comments I said I thought both were at fault in not being open with each other. She has belatedly 'done the right thing' and told him. I said that he could have prevented this confrontation by discussing what he knew immediately rather than waiting for her to make the next move. (But then WDMC wouldn't have had such an interesting story.)

Anonymous, you say "Given within a few hours, the wife had given up thoughts of straying, told loverboy to sell it elsewhere, and dumped her devil on one shoulder slut friend, agreed to counseling, etc, I would state he and wife had arrived at best outcome."

I merely stated that a better outcome would have been achieved by openness earlier in the development of the situation.

Lue

York1234York1234almost 6 years ago
Permission...

..yes, once she gets a divorce she can have the permission to fuck around the entire world...just after....never understand that desire to get permission from your loving husband (or wife)..stay single... Anyway...going back to the beginning..good story and nice dialogue between the two....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
@luedon - wow....

After reading a story, and am feeling urge to comment, I read at least the last dozen comments to insure I am not repeating thoughts already stated by others. Sometimes I feel compelled to click ''all comments'' link.

You, being one of the more frequent commenters on this site, I make sure to consider your thoughts.

You and I have exchanged thoughts on a number of stories; sometimes a sreies of thoughts on same story.

I believe we have been able to maintain a high degree of civility, though we frequently have differing perspectives.

I am not sure how the OUTCOME could have been BETTER, if they had conversation at a much earlier point. I thought the outcome was the best they could hope for once the problem germinated.

My issue is you seem to imply husband to be one who caused conflict. He wasn't. He found out because co-worker was seated next to wife an ex-fiance and overheard conversation. That event took place some time after the guy returned to town and was working with wife. Followed I am sure by daily conversations at work, leading to lunch, and proposition.

The ''blame'' is on the wife. The fact that she did not make the return of the ex to town the FIRST subject of conversation the very night she knew he was back is puzzling.

Forget the past romantic relationship. A friend or enemy I haven't seen for years suddenly is working for company I am, or I see them on the street, mall, coffee shop, etc, the first thing I would say to my spouse that night is, ''Guess who I saw today.''

If I found out as husband did, I would wonder why wife had not said a word. I thought the husband had proper approach since his wife was not forthcoming. Get away from everyone, isolate he and his wife so they could have frank discussion between just the two of them and hope wife would finally come clean so she did not react too negatively when he had to bring subject up.

Perhaps I inferred something you did not mean to imply.

But to me you seemed to find husband at fault for wive's deception by omission.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
because luedon

In your ''question of trust'' comment you state that

''Kate was the honest one'' That husband knew of lunch but didn't mention it.

Who was trustworthy one you asked.

In your next comment you changed your viewpoint a bit.

The wife purposefully hides her intention re-connection with ex-fiance, yet you declare her to be the honest one.

Husband does not confront wife about her deception - which includes her not flat out rejecting a sexual invitation - and thus he is untrustworthy.

So glad I read this story and your comment when I did. I saw my hot college girlfriend - sexier than ever - in the mini-mart on my way home. My plans had been to tell my wife as soon as she came home from work. I am so happy to have been informed of the rules of trustworthiness. I wonder if I have time to drive to that gas station and search trash bucket for ex's card with contact info I threw away. I now know I can see her as often as I want without telling my wife and still be considered honest and trustworthy.

So very good to know!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Longer

Nice story. Hopped right into the action instead of boring us with an infodump. But it should have been longer. Not enough buildup or obstacles to overcome. 4 stars.

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yeah. Okay

She claims to understand that her husband will divorce her if she doesn’t agree and follow up on the demands he made of her. And she agreed to meet those demands. So he should trust her again, right? Sure. Maybe. Or, like they say, Trust, but Verify.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Missed this one

All the comments, arguments, and philosophical discussions were great. So many people so much more intelligent and eloquent than I am are intimidating. I won't embarrass myself, I'll just say that I enjoyed the heck out of this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Nice

In this situation, the problem I see is the marriage is damaged by even asking about cheating.

Will she now just hide it?

How could you ever completely trust a spouse willing to destroy their children and husband?

cybojicybojialmost 5 years ago
Like all women

She has a burr under the saddle. She'll cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good Heavens Murgatroyd!!

Fancy that !!

I get to vote 5 pointy stars for a story you wrote that is comprehensively logical, well written, played straight down the line and damn near believable - incredible!!

Maybe you will get to be an all round entertainer who could sell London Bridge to the tourists!!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Will she cheat will she hide it better?

Possible but it leaves you deciding

How do you want it to end

Good story enjoyed well written

trandall9991trandall9991almost 5 years ago
Good story

I don;t think she will cheat. She knows what the cost is now. If people knew the cost bforehand they would never. As for the cuckold lifestyle this site promotes-well lets just say They would have a hard time getting everybody to agree to it. I know one of my coworkers who went to a swingers party and came back and told us all about it. Cost him all the respect of all of his coworkers.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
My money is on her getting straight. 5*****

I wonder honestly how many women can get their heads turned around by friends talking trash?

The author skated around but missed one key statement by the husband: "You ended your engagement because he cheated, but you expect me to stay married when you do it?"

Good story. I have hope for the wife, but those comments about open marriages late in the story are disturbing..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Fantasy

It was a nice argument with both parties listening, both tried to use reason and logic. That in itself was a nice fantasy. Glad it was written, i am glad i read it. My problem was that it was a fantasy, wish fantasies could come true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I think they go home

And she files for a divorce using mental cruelty as a reason. She hires a man-hating lawyer that spins the entire situation. Kat will get the house, the kids, alimony, child support, half their assets and half his retirement. She'll spin the story her way and he'll come out of the divorce broke, living in a run down apartment and looking like the bad guy for abusing his poor wife. Nothing he says or does will change the opinion of her parents or their friends. THAT is how she'll spin it. And he won't be able to change people's perception that he's the bad guy. Nice try, but that's the reality of how people roll.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Nice hard story

Typical cheater viewpoint and he slammed it down. I've seen friends screw up other people's heads, it's not pretty.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Just so good

Great story. He was lucky to have a heads up and he stopped her in her tracks. Well written story about a wife who almost made a fatal mistake.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleabout 4 years ago
To anony 09/06/19

People with your outlook are the root of all these problems.

If that's how you live your life, you are a destroyer.

Of families, of individuals, and of society itself. I would not be surprised to find out you were a social worker, or even a marriage counsellor. That's because someone with your morals and dedication would want to find a place where you can stealthily wreak your damage.

I am sure what you propose has happened. Regardless, it doesn't make it any more right. Evil likes to expand it's reach just as much as righteousness'.

What our protagonist did in this story was just a virtual slap in the face. A wake-up call to make her look at the outcomes. You may wish that she had forced the issue and he caved, but the character's makeup would have been the death knell of their marriage and family. Her own children also suffering. Even as it is, there's a tenuous grip on their future, but now hopefully, two people will work on it together and survive.

Do us all a favour. Go home and admit to your husband that you're a shallow slut, then find a rock to crawl under. Even if you're biologically male.

Hopefully you don't have kids. We don't need more like you, having a damaged world view, ready to destroy and betray.

Leave us civilised people alone. We are not allowed to shoot you, and as opposed to you, societal rules actually have some meaning.

I do wish those rules were different though.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
What an Asshat!

Is this guy for real?

What an asshat. She isn't even given credit for loving him.

He should have just said he didn't like the idea and let decide what was right. Trust is important to feel and to show.

Why all the stupid rules and commands???

Is she an adult or 13 year old?

Plot was just too stupid. Idea was good, but poorly executed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Loved it

I loved the rules. It meant he meant business. Do it and divorce and shame. Don't do it do what I ask and we will be fine. Besides if he didn't she would have gone through with it. Think about that.

FarnorthmanFarnorthmanabout 4 years ago
Anonymous in red, I like you

Artie88, please try pulling your head out of your arse, you'll be amazed how clearly you'll see thing.

love all your stories wdmc

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

Four weeks later

Well it turns out I have herpies and syphilis now, I wonder how that happened

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
she will cheat

All this means is that she will be more careful and not have "Penny" listen in. She knows his stand on her having a fling and she will not just turn off her feelings or urges. In time she will make her decision and take the risk. As she stated she will come out on top in the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Finally...

A "hall pass/dating" story in which the husband reacts in a relatively normal way - relatively because most would not deliver the message so calmly. Good job...Artie is obviously a low T boy

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago
Again

Such a short little story to provoke so much discussion. It is one of the best I've ever read here, and mirrors my beliefs exactly. Remember the good old days when we could actually have discussions in real time here in LW?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Re: Artie88

"He should have just said he didn't like the idea and let decide what was right. Trust is important to feel and to show." Well, you're half-assed right in your comment. The second part made sense. If he had just done the first part we wouldn't have had to read your asinine first part nor would we have had this fine story. His responses were done without haste and well thought out, probably due to the time he had in advance to come to grips with what she was doing. Since he was aware his responses were well thought out and delivered calmly, perhaps too calmly but we have no idea if violence was just under the horizon. Most of us wouldn't have been able to react this civilized. He accepted no blame as he shouldn't in this case, explained the fallacy of her earlier and proposed actions and let her see what ever happened was all on her. It appears she "chose wisely", baring another chapter we will ever know for sure, but I suspect she will not stray. For his part he is certainly going to be aware for a long, long time. Signed: BTW

green117green117almost 4 years ago
@26thNC

Yeah, real time comments - they were nice.

However, real time culture wars would be really bad - and that is much of what this discussion devolved to.

We have more of a societal problem than forcing people to take some time in a comment discussion can fix, but still I can see some benefit none-the-less.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What An Excellent Short Story

Dexter covers all the salient points of Katlyn's progression towards her proposed adultery, in a logical and reasoned manner. So very effective. Very well written. Thank you. 5*s.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I read it again...

...and this time I'm not so sure about her. A spouse has to be deeply into the idea of sex with another person before they bring this up. She may never cheat, but she hasn't changed her mind that quickly. And if it were just the desire to experience someone else, she would choose someone who did not betray her before. I now think there is more to her thoughts than she admits. It's a good story when it can be interpreted several ways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Its really good. People make mistakes all the time like this but she owned it. She certainly had her brain scrambled by so called friends and her teacher. That happens too. I totally agree with the husband that he shouldn't fight for her because though you can demand, prevent or do anything possible to stop adultery, ultimately it must be the spouses decision to not cheat. They must decide to change.

The last part I wanted to comment about was the whole respect thing. The fact that she mentioned not respecting her husband if he caved is evidence (to me) that she was sincere in her agreement. A wife who cheats and is caught may be desperate in her desire for reconciliation but at the same time if the husband agrees they will lose a little respect for him. Its completely fucked up because they will be grateful at the same time. Lol.

I know this will piss off the cuckold lifestyle crowd but it happens there too and its why some of the marriages fail. It doesn't happen as often with swingers though because there is a quid pro quo element to the relationship. With a straight hotwife cuckold relationship, sometimes the wife starts to lose respect for her husband for the same reason.

I am not saying it is right and it is definitely a bit misandrist because it comes from social and cultural expectations of masculinity. It boils down to "real men do not allow their wives to cheat on them.. so is my husband a real man?"

I am not saying its a deal breaker necessarily in reconciliations. I do believe overtime it can be resolved and those feelings go away. But it is the reality.

Help me out here Randi or another lady. I know you collaborated on this. I just saw this posted on another site.

IndulgemenowIndulgemenowover 3 years ago
Good story, clearly and calmly expressed

Well laid out. I subscribe to the idea of telling the proposer the full consequences of their proposed action(s) then they have ALL all the information needed to make their decision.

bobareenobobareenoover 3 years ago

FINALLY! An articulate husband. This story received 5 stars for that. Yes!

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago

Great story, brilliant by the husband, the most salient point was when the wife said if he had agreed she would have lost all respect for him and I believe that. How can any woman respect an husband who allows her to fuck another man.

patcopaulpatcopaulover 3 years ago

I believe nearly everyone is tempted at one point in their lives. I doubt we think of the consequences at that moment.

This woman was lucky.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for you. I like this story.

I believe we need a whole bunch of stories about cheating wives were the husbands liquidate all assets and take the kids to a foreign country and NEVER come back. Just leave the skanky bitch all by herself with no children, no husband, no house, no money, nothing. Works for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Finally, a story where the man addresses things head on BEFORE disaster happens.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

Read it yet again and it remains an excellent story. I suppose a lot of people go through this sort of internal conflict and I am glad I am not one of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And you believed her?????

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Any woman who thinks you'd put up with this level of stupidity is not the kind of woman to build a life with.

Marriage and raising kids is hard, and its 1000x harder when your "partner" is as stupid and air headed as this guy's wife. He's better off alone than with this moron who keeps making him question his marriage.

This isn't internal conflict, its just a dumb B thinking the world owes her every little desire.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 2 years ago

I loved it the first time I read this story and my feelings have not changed. He will always have to be on guard with her thinking being so easily influenced by others. As long as he uses logical reasoning before her actions can split them apart, he will be all right. Provided he is willing to keep trying and doesn't just grow to weary of the effort.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

Not sure how he was able to take her word right then and there so easily. Actions speak louder than words and she is obviously smitten with the ex. I'm glad he was able to stand his ground tho

CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

A wonderful story about possibilities, and how people make mistakes.

A wonderful conversation piece, beautifully crafted, and woven with delightful counterpoints. It shows, ith good communications anything can be worked out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

cute story but in real life the guy would not trust her at all ever again. Who wants to live like that and be the jail warden all day every day? What about the one time you lose her whereabouts? That would eat you alive and at some point she would not want to put up with the surveillance and constant questioning. She may divorce him before he divorces her.

So I guess in a fantasy story this all works out.

JackDancerJackDanceralmost 2 years ago

What Cagivagurl said. I particularly like that I immediately identified with the protagonist, and he said everything I wanted him to say. I wasn't adding or changing the dialogue in my head while I read. Really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written. Dialog is excellent. The MC really lays it all out.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveover 1 year ago

This great dialogue between two people at a serious crossroad is well written and powerful. But it makes me wonder. How many marriages fail in the first hour after being informed of a crisis event. Most people in such a situation are facing shock, anger, despair, or a combination of the three that any rational response is buried by the shock. It is like being sucker punched and then expected to defend yourself. You're dazed and injured, and the odds are stacking against you. It is the same here; you respond biologically with an adrenaline laced bout of words that only escalates the situation. If only we could stop time and think about the words to say. If only we all shared the same vocabulary needed to convince the other person of their folly. If only we weren't so damn human. But we are human, We react as human. The first hour is so important. I wonder if we only had the words...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The husband's arguments were incredibly well thought out and presented. He was prepared and effective. To her credit, the wife while suffering from temporary insanity vis a vis some ridiculous fantasy about a cheating ex-fiancee was not too far gone and was able to snap out of it with her husband's poignant and well conceived dialog.

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Très bon récit bien documenté....mais, maintenant, il y a un doute. Sera t il obligé de la surveiller en permanence ou pourra t il lui faire confiance ?

bigurnbigurnover 1 year ago

A decent story all in all. 4 ⭐ rating, although " Trust but Verify " definitely would be my attitude. I would try to be discreet, but I would be keeping my eyes open wherein the former Fiancee is concerned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had never really questioned the assumption that marriage is designed to be a partnership until I suddenly realized, at this late date, that it is nothing more than a convenience for the female. Yes, there are treatises arguing that it is for the children, that its purpose is to provide a stable environment for early childhood. But, again, isn’t that in itself a convenience for the female? (And, as an extension, for society as a whole?) This can explain why marriage planning is 150% female and why the US court system is set up to benefit the female no matter what the cause of a divorce: the male is lucky to get 50% of anything. It may also explain why females feel entitled to cheat on their husbands when they so desire. After all, if marriage is for their convenience, doesn’t it follow that they alone have the right to define it for themselves? “It’s my body.” = “It’s my marriage.” Isn't that the basis for the LW mantra "If I tell hubby then it's not cheating"? Why would any human settle for a partnership when total control is for the taking?

.

LWlurker

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Dex has given her the full list of 'do's and don't.'

Great! The wife still dithers and argues.

Curiosity would certainly kill the Kat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad thing is i would never trust her. Our savings would dwindle as i would have a pi on her tail night and day.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Good story, enjoyed it.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

92% of open marriages end in divorce vs 50% overall. So yeah they are generally not going to fly. I get that she was being fed a bunch of dumb bullshit by Sandra and her instructor who wanted to corrupt her marriage. Why? Who cares. Thr ex fiancee was an obsession of hers, wondering of she had in fact had sex with him in the past, maybe he wouldn't have cheated and suddenly off to the fantasy races she goes. The MC is right, she needs help. This isn't just about the open marriage propaganda from Sandra. It is an obsession that she has struggled with on and off for years about her ex fiancee and being a virgin until she met the MC. Then Sandra and her instructotr use those as wedge issues to plant their bullshit ideas. What about in the future is someone tries to seduce her? I get that the MC shocked her into seeing that she was hurting their marriage badly. Also concede that she told him about her rendezvous with the ex. But she needs to get self and joint counseling to really make firmly set into stone the new perspective that her husband shocked her into. At least she was big enough to see that she was wrong and to agree with his demands, including counseling, the latter being a must to ensure it doesn't repeat and for the MC to get trust back. And yeah no Derrick Harper crap. Sever or fall into divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anonymous from two months prior had it dead to rights.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's a QuickMagazine 5 for this excellent short piece. I would imagine writing a two-way conversation like this is pretty hard to pull off, and think whatdreamsmaycome succeeded admirably here. Loved the resolution, too. Dexter stood his ground, thus forcing Katlyn to get back to reality. Some comments here doubt that her conversion is real, or will stick. I'm more optimistic, since Dexter has insisted on all that counseling and her breaking off contact with Derrick and with Sandra. These things improve the odds. And no doubt from here on in, with every breath she takes, he'll be watching her. Also want to challenge the Anon from a month or so ago who repeats the urban legend about a 50% divorce rate. I once heard it explained how this statistic came to be, and it was from a subset of marriages, though I don't recall the specifics. Anyway, the actual divorce rate is closer to 30%. And among people I've known, it's somewhere between 5%-10%.

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

A good story and very believable ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Open marriage divorce rate got recently revised up higher than 92% in US. Depends if talking within set time period like 10 years or throughout the full term of a marriage till death of one or more of the spouses or divorce. 41% of first time marriages end in divorce or separation. 30% is an underestimate. 60% of second marriages end in divorce. 70% of third marriages end in divorce. 17% of all adults who were at one time married are divorced despite never having been affected by adultery / infidelity in their marriage. The remainder of divorces involved cheating with one or both of the spouses at one time or another.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 year ago

Like a woman who already WANTS to do it would ever back off. Nice fairytale, though.

jflindersjflindersabout 1 year ago

I really liked this up until reading "I have some phone calls to make," she said. "I better get started. Dex, when I come back, I'm going to fuck you into oblivion. You better be ready."

I really disliked that. In my eyes the marriage is on life support, will be on life support for some time and I can't understand how the husband would have any interest fucking the wife nor how she could have that confidence after the efforts she's made to kill the marriage.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel12 months ago

Sarah 9 months ago has an excellent point. That first hour often sets the tone for the response, and all too often things are said that are difficult to take back or re-think.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

I generally don't like reconciliation stories, but on this one the author managed to sell me that it was an OK thing to do.

@jfinders - sex is how many people express love and affection. Hell there's a boatload of stories on here in LW category discussing it from man's point of view when non-cheating wife withdraws intimacy.

Now, you're right in that just fucking him isn't going to solve any problems. But she wasn't using sex to sell him on bad idea, she was using sex to re-build intimacy AND make him feel better, which wasn't a bad thing to do. Not very effective as a permanent fix, but still a reasonable small step.

@Steel - most people choose to NOT do things with bad consequences despite wanting them. As a crude example, most people (especially men) WANT to fuck any woman, especially pretty one. Very few choose to act on that if there are negative consequences. Most people at one time or another want to kill someone. Most of them choose NOT to do so, for either ethical or more likely legal reasons.

Xavier3737Xavier373710 months ago

She'll eventually cheat. She's just wants him to let his guard down and then go behind his back...

miket0422miket042210 months ago

As much as Kat seemed to have regained her sanity by the end of the story it really seemed like she wasn't entirely convinced considering the way she vacillated between being apologetic and angry.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

She's a fuck buddy if that

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not a bad story but: no follow up on dealing with the would-be seducer? No follow up on the "instructor"?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Chill people. Thoughts and fantasies are forgivable though can be dangerous. He was forewarned, she had a (meek) confession, and then got caught in some weird obsessive loop. She bought into the open marriage crap. Meanwhile he broke her out of her loop. They still have a lot of work to do with counseling etc. But they will make it. She has some serious atonement to do though.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The story is incomplete

There should have been some story as what happened in the next year

As of now it’s just speculation

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker5 months ago

Id file a suit against the comp 4 sexual harresment.. and namebher x... Get rid of him or else kind of thing.. then keep an eye on her 2., sucks 2 be her hubby.. ( notba bad story😉),🤷🤷😉😁😁👍

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

MC: "I'll help you and support you in all of those things you're going to do to try to save our marriage. I won't help or support one single thing you do to destroy it."

====> good lines. Good story. She lost her head for a bit. Serious temptation with ex fiance and Sandra the hipster slut. Husband was resolute. Bit odd she did out the open marriage thing. That must have been coming from both Sandra and the asshole ex separately. It is rubbish. >92% of open marriage marriages of any kind, end in divorce. Something like 80% within five years of opening up the marriage. Pair bonding is a real thing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The level of delusion in this one is deep. A hard one bring back to normality for sure. And then the reveal of the persons filling her head with nonsense. There's almost always someone behind the scenes pouring the poison in their mind. Thankfully the damage wasn't irreversible and a few hours of contemplation, after threats about them being done should she continue to be retarded, was all it took to get her back to reality. Of course, it's very worrying how easily she came under the influence of these horrible manipulators. What about the next time? "Oh hey honey, Miranda and Beth and I have been talking lately and we think a gangbang would be great for our marriage."

Anyway, the real problem here of course was Sandra and her "instructor". Anyone can be enticed into doing the most fucked up shit given enough time and peer pressure. People have to learn to be more aware and think things through before succumbing to the desires and thoughts of others, or they may find themselves waking up one day to a ruined life. Women especially have to be aware of the input of their friends. Always ask: is she doing this for me or her? What would my husband think? That sort of stuff. Always best to talk to your partner. And it should go without saying they should always assume any guy coming onto them is a sleaze ball wanting into their pants, especially if they're married. If you give them an inch, they'll want a mile, so give them nothing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Now this is the type of husband I look for in this LW Stories. Strong,resolute no wimpy cuck shit husband. Good read

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon3 months ago

Sandra needs to end up under a car.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She will just hide her desire from him. Might as well divorce now and avoid the coming trainwreck,

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Trust took a hit for sure, but I'm hopeful for them. I liked this one a lot.

alextasyalextasy26 days ago

This has to be one of the top ten most underrated stories in this micro-genre.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

I see complaints about the lack of follow-up. Yes, we like closure but the title told us it is just an interlude but one with passion and drama, and with a satisfactory ending. Five stars from me. I was thinking four, but five it is.

JPB NOT BOB

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous