All Comments on 'A Little Itch'

by radk

Sort by:
  • 166 Comments
fredbrownfredbrownabout 2 months ago

One hundred percent disabled means the VA won't be giving her anything and the judge can't touch it. Story was a 4 to me because I liked the "4 years later" part.

NoBullAlNoBullAl2 months ago

Jeez I hate these stories about a pussy whipped slow witted MC!!! Too many of today’s writers are continuing to use this idea!! This guy is so whipped that he even drives his long time best friend away!!! What a crock of BS!!!

So he loved her…. So what?? Pick your balls up, put them back on quit your pissing and moaning!!!Had an absolutely excellent opportunity to cause lover boy real grief even before the divorce but didn’t take it!!

Talk about stupid!!!

Ridiculous69Ridiculous693 months ago

Too little too late. Hate when husband characters don’t fight for theirs kids and rights. You saved it at the end but made the MC a wimp most of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well, the MC was right. He was nothing but a sissy wimp cuck. He didn't bring any pain into anybody's life and his cheating skank slut wife got off Scott free. What a pathetic loser.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As AngelRider pointed out there is no way that this politician hooks up with a married woman and gets elected, especially when the woman's husband is a military veteran. In the unlikely event of said politician being able to keep his squeeze's identity under wraps there is a glorious opportunity for the MC to out the pair of them in the most public way possible but he'd rather just feel sorry for himself and do nothing. Then he approaches the slimeball with some unfounded tittle tattle which can easily be shot down by the tramp and he calls that revenge. I sure wouldn't want him beside me in the trenches.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not very good. The MC doesn't seem to have an awful lot about him and looks like he's happy just to let things happen to him and react to them in a half hearted way. Small wonder his admittedly repugnant wife bailed out on him.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I guess it’s just a coincidence, but every Amanda I have known, were all Narcissist , backstabbing, gold digging, cheating sluts! But I loved the story, 5 stars.

Calico75Calico759 months ago

It doesn't tie up any loose ends. I guess he lied about doubting his daughter was really his, but that isn't clear. The character development of an ex-soldier who could never again face violence was well done, but there were other things he could have done. I understand why Larry lost respect for him, but did he have to desert him completely? What kind of good friend does that? I like the little itch aspect. Unique and creative, just not enough to save the story. Good try though.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No mater how you tried to negate your MC's losing his balls over in the sand box,he did. So much so, he even lost his best friends respect which in the end did not seem to be of value to your MC..You presented him in such a way that he is not easy to like..his answer was the bottle..in real life it would not surprise me that any wife would leave a husband once she lost respect....3 stars for the story...JZK

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Ending helped, but the early part of the story was way too sad.

HighBrowHighBrow12 months ago

Femdom agitprop, but no fun.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Read again, he was a cuck and wimp. Allowed things to happen to him rather than initiate things

Poor story, but this author is noted for weak characters

Rescored story to 1/5 from 3/5

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Lacks the emotional depth needed for this to be really successful. The man was tortured and no one cares? Not even a city full if red hats with a Trump designee for a candidate is going to win an election after seducing a torture survivors wife and publicly humiliating him. Even if the husband didn't do anything, others would be far too disgusted.

There is so much missing and wrong here, I am surprised it has a 4

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He got his revenge without going to jail or actually hurting anyone... He was right about his wife, Apparently, her new husband heeded the warning and secretly kept tabs on his new wife and apparently caught her cheating on him. Only, He resorted to violence and being a politician, it made headlines. What no politician ever wants is a scandal.

Chimo1961Chimo1961over 1 year ago

Only half a story all build up no conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was one of the wimpiest revenge stories I have seen!! It’s like a boy saying …ok I shouted at my sisters doll!! Take taht sis for all the trouble u gave me!!!

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

lol come on man even his revenge was wimpy

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Junk. For one thing, just by going after Herbert about stealing married woman would have ruined his chances for any elections.

Instead of actually making any plot that would be some work the author goes over to the ending with wishy-washy banalities including typical LW rebound.

If you do not have a plot, if you cannot come up with a meaningful storyline then do not write because the only thing it would result is a trivial story this guy has here.

sneakoneoutsneakoneoutover 1 year ago

I seem to be missing the middle chapters of this story. I have the start and the end, nothing in between.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

Guy is/was an utter wimp

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This submission was poorly conceived and sloppily written. Simply put, if you the author wished to tell a story of this complexity, he should have been willing to put more effort into it. He presents too little detail of the the divorce complainnt and court proceedings to offer any real understanding of the MC's legal situation. He provides no insight into how the MC's 100% VA disability rating impacted his treatment in the divorce, especially with regard to child custody issues and finances. Finally, he provides no information about the child's status post divorce. At best, about 50% of the needed effort was put into this weak submission.

SunnyU2SunnyU2over 1 year ago

Good beginning, but seems like you got bored halfway through

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Larry never spoke to him again?? Some buddy he was....NOT.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

SERVING 2 TOURS YET HE IS STILL A FUCKING WEAK WIMP STUPID CUNT!!

HE SHOULD HAVE MANNED UP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You skimmed to the finishing part with nothing after his talking to Herbert, except that he lost re-election & why. Should've been more in depth than that. 1 1/2 pages getting somewhere, then it more or less drops. And his daughter - did he have the DNA test? Who's the father? Could've been a nice story, but came apart. Also didn't like that the guy who fought in wars seemed weak vs. a Ford dealership owner. Lastly, how did the IRS become involved? Too much left out. 1 star -- Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What about his daughter?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A weak pathetic story with a weak pathetic husband. Rates zero stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What about his daughter? Too much left out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is so unfinished I’m wondering if JPB is using a nom de’ plume.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

There were so many unfinished parts to this story it dropped a few stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

And what happened to his daughter? Too little!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Little dick GI was a wimp and a sissy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too many questions. What about Darla? What happened to his ex later? Did she have any regrets? too much meat left out of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Parts of this were good, but it just didn't gel.. More importantly, what happened to his child?

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

What happened to Darla? Is she still with the ex Amanda? I assume he is still paying child support. Does he get to see her, at all?

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

sow the seeds of doubt, and the righteous will prevail

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If you never have any respect for yourself, no one else will respect you either.

WargamerWargameralmost 3 years ago

What a useless wimp, what a horrible story. I so disliked the MC. Not a violent bone in his body, bullshit!!!!

Read twice now, previously gave it 3/5, now I give it 1/5.

Gram1Gram1about 3 years ago

Ugh. The MC was unsympathetic and unlikable. Some itch.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Not much

Not.much in the way of revenge. Maybe the little seed bore fruit in the end, but we weren't told. Anonymous wrote the better story here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ok but could have been better if had invested more time in the story. The daughter was a complete side issue and emotionally dispensed with without a thought.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

HUGE factual error: Edit the story to eliminate his ex-wife getting ANY of his disability pension. SCOTUS ruled in Howell v. Howell.

VadercatVadercatover 3 years ago
Widowed idiot-

How does being disabled, make him lazy? You do realize he took shrapnel while defending our country? I realize, there is a a select group of “patriots “ who believe that John McCain was a loser, because he refused to take special treatment from the NVA, just because his dad was an admiral. These people claim to support law enforcement, but the majority have criminal records. They claim to support our democracy, but refuse to acknowledge the rights of others. I am hoping you just forgot the facts of the story. Degrading the service men and women, who offer up their lives in service to our country, is a vile, disgusting act. Please revise your comment.

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
Cold

Well thought out, well executed, simple plan. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well the DNA test proved very interesting.

Not only was I not the father but nor was Herb.

When my lawyer heard that he went back to court to get the child support dropped. Our state is one of the few that says it a husband is not the father he does not have to pay child support.

My lawyer also applied to force Amanda to reveal who the father is or who it might be. The judge was initially wary of allowing this until it was pointed out to him that I deserved reimbursement of all the child support I had originally provided and the only way to get that was from the baby daddy. The judge then withdrew to his chambers to consider his verdict. When he came out he recused himself from the case, which instantly set warning bells off in my solicitors head. My case was rescheduled for 2 weeks.

Two weeks later the new judge forced Amanda up on the stand to give the names of everyone she had sex with during the time of her daughters conception. You guessed it the original judge was one of the men involved. The new judge ordered DNA samples from all the men involved and again you guessed it the original judge was shown to be the father.

As a result I got back ALL of the child support I had been forced to pay as reimbursed for all cost involved from the daughters birth. The judge was forced to resign and his wife divorced him and took him to the cleaners. He however was forced to pay a large amount of child support to Amanda which he prepaid as a lump sum of several hundreds of thousands of dollars. He later declared bankruptcy and now lives in a trailer giving legal advice to transients. When he is sober that is.

My divorce settlement was revisited and I no longer had to give her half my pension. In fact she was forced to repay me any and all monies that I had paid to her after the divorce. She was also forced to pay me more for the house as the settlement had been revised to 75/25% in my favour.

The reason old Herb was charged with assault was all the pressure had built up due to the money she and by extension he was on the hook for in regards to our divorce.

With the IRS and everything he was broke and many thousands of dollars in debt. He also ended up living in a trailer 3 down from the ex-judge.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Herb is an idiot.

He really needed it spoon-fed to him.

Here is an alternate ending that your story inspired: He carries two of the cheek swab DNA tests into Herb's office. One was already used to swab Larry's cheek. He tells the story, takes out the unused swab, and swabs his own cheek. Then below the table he swaps specimens and gives Herb Larry's swab saying, "Here. You do the test if you don't believe me. Compare my DNA to my daughter's and see if I'm her father..." That would speed things up a bit.

Good story.

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
Oh what a tangled web we weave

When first we practice to become dipshits

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 3 years ago
A Wimp.

This person came out looking like´t more than a wimp. if you can call that a person. Why didn´t he file for divorce and file a lawsuit against her boss for alienation of affection? Maybe because it wouldn´t fit the story? Anyway, to me. She came out smelling like roses, She gave up a lazy hubby for someone that at least held a promise of a better future for her and her daughter. So she divorces her ex boss. Doesn´t mean she can´t find someone still better than her first. I´ve known a lot of people that prefer to live on the edge of poverty than take orders from someone else. And this character just reminds me of one of them. Not a very good story that only served to put veterans in a bad light.

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 4 years ago
Thank you!

Good story - though a BTB it is not - exactly.

Always amazed at the negative anon comments. My hope is that they quit griping and write really "good" stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

Not really a wimp. War changes you, sickens your soul and even the thought of more violence can literally make you vomit.

To cheat on a partner is bad enough but to cheat on your husband who is a wounded vet is just about as low as you can crawl.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

When your that big of a wimp, your wife is morally obligated to cheat on you. If you don't have any life in you and just do what society tells you all the time, don't act surprised when you die with a broken back, no one's respect, and nothing to show for yourself. Your government thanks you for your tax dollars and not propagating your dead-end genes.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
And his daughter Darla? Is she in the wind?

How does the IRS seizure of his dealership have to do with anything? How/why did it happen?

Did Amanda have an affair(s) afterward?

Just too many holes left in this story.

2-stars

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 4 years ago
Seems plausible.

One of those stories that blends in reality. The husband in this situation was not wimp. He did the right thing in the way he handled his wife's infidelity. The worst part is the time invested in the relationship.

8 years wasted with a woman who decided to trade up. In the end, he gets fucked over by the legal system. With the way the legal system is now, the cards are stacked against men.

With the divorce rate at 50%, marriage is like flipping a coin. I can't see any young fellow getting married today without seriously considering a pre-nup agreement.

Virgo6Virgo6over 4 years ago
To anon bellow

Everything he told the mayor , were lies . No need for paternity test , unless he just wanted to take a shot in the dark, that his daughter was not his.

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
I agree

Very tame story, his "revenge" was absolutely useless. And giving up on his daughter like that? She was probably better off with her mother in that case. I don't question that a former soldier can get sick of any more violence, but to this point? No way.

But a word to "penneydog55" (and others who comment on stories) who posted before me, very few of the stories on this site are the literal truth! That judge is NOT A REAL PERSON. This case has never been through A REAL US court, this is not a factual account of a real divorce. You DON'T live in the country described here, that country does not exist. The injustice of the treatment John received from the (fictitious) court has obviously been exaggerated to make his plight seem even worse.

One more point, at the very beginning we are told that the court has awarded 50% of everything of John's to go to his wife, both property and income. Pretty standard in cases like this I believe where there is a small child involved. BUT, at the bottom of page one John is wondering why his wife didn't ask for alimony? Well, she must have, or she wouldn't have been awarded alimony, because alimony is what she got, that's what you usually call it when one spouse has to give up their income to help support the other. Fair or unfair.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not a Fan

I don’t think I’ve read anything by this author before, but I’m gonna watch for his name. So I can avoid his stories. For him to blame his “wimpishness” on his military experience is just bullshit. Serving in combat doesn’t create wimps. If anything it hardens a person to the point that violence is pretty much always an option. Can’t fault Larry for turning his back on the guy. The guy was a pathetic loser and Larry did himself a favor by distancing himself. Jeez, I wish I could “un-read” this story. 1*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Divorce Court Judge Qualifications

To be a divorce court judgr, you simply have to be the dumbest person in the area. Then you have to have a twisted sense of ethics and morality. My ex-wife cheated on me with half of the male population while I was away serving in the military. The judge gave her full custody of our son, even though she was shacked up with a felony drug user. My son hates ME to this day because, in his mind, I had to be worse than his mom or else the judge would have awarded him to me. i hope the judge dies the most agonyzingly painful death.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Useless.... absolutely useless.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
A

Question:- What is with these fucked up Judge's? They award the cheating Slut everything! You know that Judges become lying cheating politicians that pass laws allowing Ashley Madison. Com to operate in the country! So in the beginning WHO FUCKED WHO AT THE COPA COCO CABANA (cant spell ) So Saying! What a Fucked Up World We Exist In! Were Sluts control Judges (fuck buddies maybe)

Story is fantastic! So That is My Comment 5 ★ WOOF!

There are Honest Judges But Not Many?. See Ya!

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Some major plot holes here

I can see where you were trying to go with this but you came up a bit thin.

I can't see why it would turn into a wife beater. We're not told, but apparently Larry thinks he wimped out as did many commenters. I tend to side with them because passive-aggressiveness is the trademark of a wimp and coward.

A very unsatisfying story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Just another cuckold!

Bullshit revenge on bitch. Bulldhit revenge on mayor for stealing his wife.

maceedmaceedover 6 years ago
What revenge?

He lost his daughter? How the hell is that revenge?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Genius

Psychological warfare is extremely powerful. A small push over a long time can accomplish more than a mighty push over a short time

Rhinoman1951Rhinoman1951about 7 years ago
Classic

Marvelous story of subtle revenge.

Relationships, especially marriage, are based on trust. What a mighty oak grew from that tiny seed of doubt. Tell a person to NOT think about an elephant. They can't. The image of an elephant pops unbidden into their head. Until spoken, it is easy to ignore you hooked up with a cheater. Once discussed, that image is always in the mind.

Every unanswered home phone, every cell call gone to voice mail, every lunch with a "girlfriend."

Beautifully done, sir.Thank you.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago
He should have listened to Larry

Instead of being a wimp and crawling into a bottle he should have gotten some real revenge with his buddy Larry, just planting a 'seed' was pretty limp-wristed and probably didn't make one iota of difference.

It isn't much of an ending either, two paragraphs is a pretty sorry excuse for an epilogue

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Ha!

Shes a worthless liar. Bitches all of yall fighting for that slut. Own her. Drop her. bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1 + 1 =

She was a slut, he was a wimp. They deserved what each gave the other.

266xxyz266xxyzover 7 years ago
Whaaaaaaat?

Whaaaaaaaat?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
you paint the husband as a total loser

1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pathetic

Yeah, She cheated cause she wanted more! Bullshit that he just wimped out!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Awwww sorry ex wife. Can't climb back into ex Hubby's bed anymore. Good fucking job. The harsh reality of cheating

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
Who is Megan?

"She's the new lady in my life"

His new girlfriend. Someone he started a relationship with after the divorce.

Kitist02Kitist02almost 8 years ago
I must have missed a reference.

Who is Megan? His daughter seems to be Darla so now I'm stumped for an answer as to who Megan is.

I know how it is that he cannot be violent. Few of us came back that way. In the long run, he is lucky.

I think he could probably get his daughter back if he approached it right.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Disappointing.

Title says it all... But to cite just one reason - how did he get back with Megan?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Title 38, United States Code, Section 5301, and Rose vs. Rose

The above section of Federal Law prohibits the award of 1/2 of his VA disability tothe ex wife. The U.S. Treasury will not honor garnishment orders of VA Disability. Title 31, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 212. But a bank is not the Federal Government, and will probably honor such an illegal order from a state court. And in a monumental display of stupidity, the U.S. Supreme Court upheld a state court judge who found a veteran in contempt of court for not giving up his disability payments to the ex-wife! In this story, given how devastated the protaganist was at the time of the divorce, [and the fact that so many lawyers have never heard of this law], the protagonist may very well have been ordered to give up half, and he didn't fight it! (And the bank the VA sent the electronic disability payment to may very well have honored a state court's illegal garnishment order.) I spent a good deal of time explaining to idiot state county attorneys that the VA Regional Office in the state where I worked for the VA would not honor such an order. I also was initially dismayed when I first began working as a lawyer for the VA about how ignorant so many lawyers and judges could be! But after 31 years of such employment, the depth of ignorance of lawyers and judges no longer surprised me.

Also, although exactly what disabilites he had were not clearly spelled out, and the VA can assign temporary disability ratings (38 U.S.C., Section 1156), those ratings are normally provided when there is a distinct likelihood that the condition will improve, and by four years, he would have received a permanent disability rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
agree

that's it? pretty bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Just a wimp

Pretty pathetic 1*

Seeker1107Seeker1107almost 9 years ago
From an author such as you

Very disappointed. This story, and I am being liberal here, it just was terrible. Sorry, usually thank for the offering, but this time, no way...

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
holes

Military disability isn't the same as military retirement, she would not get half.

In what part of the US would a politician carry on a year long affair and then take the spouse of a disabled veteran without losing the election?

Even in D.C. where the mayor can smoke crack on video and get re-elected that would be too much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good one!

I really enjoyed this story, although my own is 180 degrees different.

Yes, I was in an accident and deemed 100% disabled. Unfortunately, we were young, I was 28, my wife 27 and we'd just bought and moved into our first home, with our two children, ages 18 months and 3 1/2. For a time after I was sent home, I couldn't do anything for myself. At all. My wife took time off from her job as a waitress, someone had to be home to take care of me at that point.

Over the next year, I got better. Enough so, my wife went back to work and I was able to take care of our young and quickly growing kids. My disability didn't pay much, about 50% of what I had brought home before, about $850 per month. If she smiled enough, even when exhausted, she brought home another $700 in tips. With young children, our money didn't go far enough. So yes, it was shopping at Good Will, accepting food donated by my in-laws from their farm and making do with little.

Did my wife go find someone else to fuck, although there for a while, I was unable to? Absolutely not. She worked her ass off and raced home to take care of basically, her 3 kids. I had to learn to swallow again, walk, talk, remember, etc. But she coaxed me through it all. One thing about this fantastic organ we call a brain, it rewires itself over time.

Instead of complaining about the lack of money, we put in a large garden on our 1 acre property. Out of town, we also traded for a pig that was bred, a ewe sheep was given to us, someone wanted to get rid of her, she was too old. Also, my wife found time to clean house for a woman who gave us a dozen laying hens and a rooster. Everything from our garden was canned, anything left over was given to the chickens and pig. My brother had access to a farmer friend and he was able to get us left over grain and he brought it in by the ton, free of charge, except for his labor, which we paid when we fed him!

Our 9 piglets were born and we were able to trade one for three rabbits. Two does and a buck. They began doing what rabbits do best and soon we had rabbit dinners on a regular basis. We sold all the pigs with the exception of one for ourselves and had the sow rebred. The money went into our savings and it started to grow, little by little. We had the ewe bred and not long after the piglets were born, we had two lambs, one a female. '

Over the next few years, we turned out tiny 1 acre farm into a money making machine. Our neighbor let us use about 3 acres of his that lay unused, for a pig per year. He paid for the cutting and wrapping, we raised it. With all that land, my wife, on her time off, and I began to build our future. We ended up with 10 ewes that we kept bred and sold their lambs. Our pigs increased to 5 sows and that was up to 50 pigs being born, twice per year and each sold at 8 weeks for $75 back then. It was real money for us, but was put into savings. The lambs were sold when they were slaughtered and brought in quite a lot. Our rabbits had increased to 12 breeding does and 3 bucks and my wife began selling them both as pets/show rabbits and butcher rabbits. The former for $25, the latter for $12.50.

Over the next 10 years our neighbor passed away but left us the 3 acres in his will. We knew his family and they didn't begrudge us at all. They were our customers too. We were able to pay everything off where we had almost zero cash outflow. Then my wife decided to do something completely different and began planting grapes, raspberries and strawberries. It was getting where we could hardly walk around when we walked out the door!

She took classes and learned to make wine. She applied for a license, I had a building built and we purchased all the stainless steel tubs, etc and began a small winery. It finally came time for her to quit her waitress job and by that time, the kids were in Junior High school and were able to help. Yes, we were still buying our clothes and stuff at Good Will.

If you're in the PNW, you've probably had our wine at some point. Now, some 25 years later, we have quite an income based on wines. We don't rely on livestock for our income now and we only have a few goats, chickens and rabbits for our own consumption. But we make a lot of wine! Enough so, my wife and I recently celebrated our 35th on an Alaskan Cruise! Yeah, we had to pinch pennies but still shopping at Good Will, helped!

We don't ALL have cheating whores in our lives!

icebreadicebreadalmost 9 years ago
ffs

its fiction you stupid yank fucks

krosis666krosis666almost 9 years ago
As others have said

Too passive aggressive. This guy was a soldier? What did he do? Try to guilt his enemies into suicide, because he was too afraid to actually do anything? Did he step on a landmine while running away with his arms flailing in the air? When was the last time any of you met an introspective soldier that had zero self confidence and no idea what to do in any given situation? I know that all the soldiers I've ever met are softly spoken and never make eye contact. NOT! Too many authors use the same mechanism of having their protagonist as an injured former war hero soldier, in order to illicit sympathy for him.

sdc97230sdc97230almost 9 years ago
Where the hell did they live?

Where a man can spend a year having sex with a married woman whose husband is a soldier serving overseas who is grievously wounded and permanently disabled in the service of his country, steal her from him and still get elected to public office? All John had to do was show up at his public appearances in uniform and hobbling on crutches or riding in a wheelchair to call him on that and it would have sunk the guy's political prospects so deep he wouldn't have been able to get elected dog catcher.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 9 years ago
Justice was served

The wife traded up, he poisoned the well, and destroyed what we presume was her happy marriage. She trashed his marriage, he trashed hers.

Chilley

seekerazseekerazabout 9 years ago
too covert and passive aggressive for me

he should have confronted amanda directly... this way he's just skulking in the shadows and sniping. sad.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
awww and they were such a good match

A politician who owned a car stealership and a cheating greedy bitch, what a great match.

What a pity it didn't last.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Fairly good story - almost a flash story

I appreciate the premise of this story. I would have liked a bit more about his daughter - hopefully he was able to maintain a relationship with her. Five stars from me, though.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Not Quite

This story is disappointing. Fairly well told. Characters I could understand, though not relate to well. But still disappointing.

The wife hasn't tasted justice yet. Until she does the story remains decidedly unsatisfying. It might be realistic, but if you're happy with real why read fiction?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good old Larry

"Well"!, I hope Larry is reading this story. He needs to know.

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
FYI

It is amazing what an empty condom wrapper can do if it turns up in the wrong place. Nothing more is needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I gave it 5 stars ...

.... It was realistic and tied up neatly, no loose ends. Panther fan.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Pity they divorced

They were a perfect match; a cheating slut and a spineless wimp.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
TO TIE THIS ONE UP

you need a real big lasso. TK U MLJ LV NV

Concritic123Concritic123almost 10 years ago
Too many loose ends.....

Good story though. Could have been better.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
OK then -

He was war weary and tired - but not so tired he would simply accept what was doe as OK - but not so responsive he would respond in any direct way - even to preserve his relationship with his daughter???

It is certainly a possibility for a PTSD victim to get there and we have some suggestion he may have been there - BUT there is a lot of "nice to know" detail missing here.

The wife is adequately defined by her statement on leaving - she is a bitch and does not care for anyone but herself -

The soon to be ex-mayor is a typical politician BUT the stealing a vets wife part is unlikely as it would be political suicide - whatever. Not in that town obviously.

Larry was not nearly the friend he should have been he knew what was wrong and ignored his friends pain - just my opinion there - you do not walk away from a buddy like that when you have gone through what they seem to have.

Again it is a lot ASSumption without info - a little longer would have been better this time IMHO.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 10 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
fucking bleeding heart crybaby of a wimp hubby

shame you were a soldier.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Not Finished

This read like a rough treatment for what could be a good story. Seems like nothing was given the time to develop; the friend and ex-sis in law, ex and new husband, the domestic violence angle, his relationship with his daughter, his new love, etc... You should revisit this and flesh the charachters out more and elaborate more on the situations. I've read 7-part stories here that had less to offer; I think you could do something with this. Oh well, just my opinion...

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Okay but could have been better

Does he ever find out who the other men were? Were there more? Is she his daughter or not? If not, does he figure out who is and get some satisfaction in court and get to expose and embarrass his ex-wife with her family and friends? She sure seemed to get off scott-free considering her behavior.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous