A Little Shorter?

Story Info
Rachel gets a much shorter haircut than she ever planned on.
6.9k words
4.83
14.4k
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SwiftE
SwiftE
23 Followers

The old-fashioned bell rang as I opened the door to the salon.

"Ah, Mrs Simmons, good morning!" Ellie, the salon's owner, beamed as soon as I stepped inside. "Would you like to make an appointment?"

"Um, actually it's Miss White now," I smiled, holding up my hand. A pale line was still visible on my finger from where my wedding ring used to be. "But yes, please."

"Oh. Um." A look of slightly awkward panic crossed Ellie's face. "I'm, um, sorry to hear that."

"It's okay." I smiled, trying to put her at ease. "It was a long time coming. I'm better off without him, you know?"

"Oh, I'm sure." Ellie managed an awkward laugh. "So," she stared at her book, trying to steer the conversation back to safer ground. "Just a trim, is it?"

"Actually, something a bit different. New me, new style, you know?"

"Oh, right. Sounds great!" Ellie looked through the diary. "I can get you in... next Thursday?"

"Oh. Don't you have anything sooner? I was hoping to get something done in the next day or two."

"I'm afraid we're all booked up." Ellie shook her head, sadly. "I can fit you in for a quick trim tomorrow, but..."

"I can probably help," a voice spoke up behind me. I looked around; it was... Jade, if I remembered rightly. She'd done my hair a couple of times before. She had a cute punky vibe that I secretly admired, all bright blue hair and facial piercings. The sort of look I'd have rocked at her age if I'd ever been bold enough to.

"Sorry," she continued. "Couldn't help overhearing. Is it congrats or commiserations?"

"Jade!" Ellie gasped.

But I just grinned, finding myself warming to the young girl's bold attitude. "I think congratulations in the long run."

"Then congrats. You're better off without him, for sure." she gave me a wink. "But I can work late tomorrow and get you in then if you want? Ellie, you okay with that?"

Ellie shrugged. "Sure. You can close up when you're done."

"It's a date, then. I'll see you at six tomorrow, Miss White?"

"Oh, thank you so much. It means a lot." I made a mental note to pull out some extra cash; she deserved a tip. "Oh, and please - call me Rachel."

"No worries," Jade nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow at six then, Rachel."

...

The salon was almost empty when I showed up the next evening, with just one stylist cleaning up her station.

Ellie greeted me as I walked in. "Jade's just up the top. Ready when you are. I'm off home myself, so you'll have to excuse me. I'll leave you in her capable hands."

"Thanks," I smiled. I made my way up the few steps to the back of the salon, a small area secluded from the main room.

Jade was sitting in a chair, playing on her phone. She jumped up as she saw me come in, suddenly all smiles. "Rachel, hi. Make yourself comfy." She pointed at the chair by the mirror.

"Thanks." As I sat down, I heard the front door slam shut and realised all the other staff had gone for the day. It suddenly seemed strangely quiet in the usually bustling salon.

I watched Jade in the mirror as she busied herself getting ready. She was a genuinely attractive girl, I couldn't help noticing. Her wild blue hair framed a pretty face, enhanced by a few carefully chosen piercings. She had the sort of body that many women - myself included - would kill for. Large boobs tapering down to a thin, almost waspish waist and topped (bottomed?) by wide hips and a curvy but firm bum and long toned legs.

Her simple white top and black leggings were probably just work wear; I imagined she'd be more at home wearing something more... punky, I guessed. Whatever that meant these days. College was a long time ago and I wasn't exactly up to date on what all the subcultures wore nowadays.

She turned to look at me in the mirror, a faint smile on her face.

Oh shit, I thought. She caught me staring at her. How embarrassing.

I found a sudden interest in the light fixture to the side of the mirror, trying to pretend I hadn't been looking at her. I figured she probably didn't need that awkwardness. The poor girl probably gets ogled by every guy she comes into contact with, without having to deal with some old woman almost twice her age.

"So, what are we doing today, then? A new style, yes?" She approached me from behind, draping a gown over me.

"Yes please!" I beamed while she tucked everything in. She ran her hands through my hair, a motion I found oddly intimate. I was suddenly very aware of her chest just inches away from the back of my head. Looking in the mirror, I could see her right breast almost resting on my shoulder. I tried to ignore it.

"Um, so I want a good bit of length off, perhaps down to shoulder length..." I described what I wanted done as Jade expertly combed my hair. Once or twice, I felt her breasts brushing against my head. The poor girl probably couldn't help it; just one of the downsides of doing this job while being so... generously proportioned, I guessed.

"Soo..." Jade murmured once I'd finished. "I mean, sure. I can do that. But isn't that basically the same thing you have now? Just... shorter?"

"Um, well, yes, but I haven't had it that short since, oh, well, college I guess?"

"Mmm hmm." Jade teased my long hair with her fingers. "But still... I thought you wanted to be a little bolder? Isn't that what you said?" She lifted up a lock of my hair. "This is nice, you have lovely hair. But... It's a bit of an old fashioned style, if you don't mind me saying. You're young, free and single now." She smiled her pretty smile. "Go on, be bold."

"Um. So what do you suggest?" I was intrigued. She was probably right. Perhaps it was time to ditch the staid housewife look and live a little.

"Well, you could have an undercut like mine," Jade lifted her own hair to show her neatly cropped temple under her longer hair. She laughed as she saw my stunned look. "Okay, perhaps that's a little too much. But how about we get some more of this length off, and then..."

She carried on describing her new vision for me, brushing her hands through my hair as she spoke. Something about layers, some talk about being able to wear it up or down, something about highlights. But I kept losing concentration; all I could concentrate on was her hands stroking my hair, her boobs gently brushing my head and shoulders as she spoke.

"Um, okay." I realised Jade had stopped, apparently expecting an answer. "You seem to have a better sense for these things than I do. So... what the heck. We'll go with your idea."

"Awesome." Jade smiled that smile again. "We'll have to do the highlights another day, but I can do the style now." She grabbed her scissors and got to work.

"So tell me about the divorce, then. What happened to Mr Simmons. Do we hate him?"

I laughed. "Yeah, we do. It's an age-old story. Ran off with the secretary. Or personal assistant, or whatever she was. Now I'm a middle aged divorcee that got traded in for a younger model. I'm a walking cliche!"

Jade laughed with me, a pretty laugh. "Well, you're better off without him." We lapsed into idle chatter for a few minutes as I watched her expertly snip away at my dark hair, taking almost half the length off. I found myself almost mesmerised as she worked, our conversation tapering off as I admired her slim body as she bent and twisted. Her breasts in particular... it had been a long time since I'd thought of another woman that way. That was a side of me I'd put aside long ago.

"I know you're looking at my boobs, you know." Jade suddenly broke the silence.

I was mortified. I hadn't realised I was being that obvious about it. "Um, I-I wasn't. I'm sorry, I was just daydreaming..." I locked eyes with her in the mirror, expecting her to be annoyed, but she was smiling.

"I don't mind. I like it when women look at my chest. A lot of people do, you know. They think I can't tell because they're looking in the mirror." She carried on snipping away at my locks.

"No, really. I was miles away, sorry if it looked like..." I trailed off, realising she probably wasn't believing a word. I couldn't think what to say next; her boldness had caught me off guard. "I'm not surprised they get a lot of attention, though. They're very..." I tried to think of a word that suggested a compliment but that I wasn't personally interested in them. "Pretty." I finished, lamely.

"I said it's alright. Stare away. I enjoy the attention." Jade grinned.

I didn't reply. I honestly couldn't think of anything to say to that.

I spent the next couple of minutes trying to show I was looking at anything but Jade - and her chest particularly. I admired the light fixtures, I developed an interest in the hair colour display to the side. I made eye contact with Jade, making sure she knew I was looking at her face and not... down there.

I failed completely. Inexorably, I found myself staring at her body more and more. Brief glances here and there as she worked, slowly getting longer and more lingering. I couldn't help myself, not after Jade's odd comments. She wanted me to look? Even with my own modest assets, I was always acutely aware and a little embarrassed when men stared at me like that.

I couldn't be sure, but I couldn't help but wonder if she was putting on a little bit of a show for me. Was I imagining it, or had her lean become a little more pronounced, to show a little more cleavage? How many of those accidental brushes against my head were actually accidental?

The atmosphere in the salon had become strangely charged, something I couldn't quite put my finger on. I was suddenly very aware we were the only two people left in the salon.

"There. Done." Jade stepped back, breaking my reverie. I realised that despite my best efforts I'd been pretty much staring at her as she worked for the last couple of minutes. "What do you think?"

"Um. It looks great!" I looked at myself in the mirror, suddenly shifting mental gears as I remembered why we were here. Jade had done a good job; her style looked a lot better than my original idea, which now I thought about it looked sort of dowdy.

As pleased as I was with the style, I felt a little pang of disappointment that it was over. I'd been enjoying our time in an odd sort of way. Perhaps she'd do the colours another night and we could do this again...

"I knew you'd like it." Jade frowned a little, scooping up my now quite short tresses from my shoulders. "But... I think you'd look better if it was a little shorter. What do you think?"

It was already a little shorter than I'd planned on, but I had to admit I looked good. And it sounded like a chance to get a little more time with this girl...

"Um, yes, if you think it would look good?"

"Let's do it then!" Jade picked up her scissors again. "I think we'll go completely off the shoulder this time." She lifted my hair up and got to work. I watched her work in silence for a minute, still trying to pretend - at least to her - that I wasn't staring at her chest.

After a minute or two, she leaned over me, locking eyes through the mirror as she smiled. I could feel her boobs pressing into the back of my head. "I said I don't mind you looking, you know," she whispered. "You don't have to pretend."

Well. So much for that pretence. I didn't know what to say. "Um..." was all I could manage, followed by "sorry." There didn't seem much point trying to deny it this time.

Jade straightened up. "I said it was okay." As if to press home the point, she pulled her top down a little, exposing a little more of her cleavage. "Don't be shy."

Well, if pretending wasn't going to work, then why bother? I carried on watching her as she worked, openly enjoying the little bit of extra cleavage she'd exposed. The sexual tension was palpable now; Jade was definitely putting on a little show as she worked. Emboldened by her words and feeling more than a little aroused, I fixed my gaze on her body. I could see her smiling softly when I looked up at her face.

Little by little, my hair was snipped down to neck length, shorter than it had been in more than twenty years, giving me some sort of bob. It was an interesting look, one I liked better than I thought. But my mind wasn't even on that; all my attention was on Jade and the undeniable sexual tension building between us. I felt stirrings in my crotch, a lust I hadn't properly felt for months now.

She stepped out from behind me, appearing in my side vision now as well as the mirror. I allowed myself to notice she had a lovely curvy bum to match her chest.

She bent down, her face level with mine. "Would you like a better view?" She whispered, a playful note in her voice.

"W-what do you mean?" I stuttered. I knew exactly what she meant, but I was way out of my depth. What if she was just talking about my hair or something innocent?

"You know what I mean." She pulled her top down a little further, allowing me a look at the top of her bra.

"Um." Nothing in life had prepared me for this. It was one thing just playfully ogling, but to actually admit I wanted to see more? Christ, this girl couldn't be much more than twenty. Almost half my age!

But I was already out of my depth anyway. Might as well go down this rabbithole. "Um. I'd like that." I smiled up at her, awkwardly.

"I'd like it too." Jade straightened up and pulled off her top, casting it on the chair beside her. She was wearing a lacy white bra, a surprisingly delicate, feminine one that only just managed to contain her breasts. I could see the outline of her nipples through the thin material. I wasn't surprised at all to see they were pierced.

All pretence gone now, I openly ogled her. "They're beautiful," I breathed. "You're beautiful," I added, a little louder. The words sounded strange coming from my mouth. Had I really just said that out loud?

Jade just smiled as she picked up her scissors and got back to work, delicately snipping away strands of my fringe. Her lace-clad breasts brushed against my head, my shoulders, softly teasing me. There was no way her touches were accidental now.

I was finding it harder and harder to ignore the feeling between my legs. My mind was in a spin - so many new feelings and experiences! - but my pussy knew exactly how to react. I felt a burning need to touch myself there as I watched this beautiful young girl. Almost without realising, my hand slipped between my legs under the cover of the shawl wrapped around me.

Jade straightened up, looking down at her work. She looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Hmm, not sure about this one. Looks a little businesslike, don't you think? A little plain again."

I looked at myself in the mirror. She was right; while my last style had been a little exciting and had made me look ten years younger, this one made me look like a no-nonsense businesswoman. Perhaps we should have stuck to the other style.

"A little shorter?" Jade grinned, picking up the scissors again.

"Shorter? I gasped. My hair was already way shorter than I'd ever even dared to consider before. And she wanted to take even more off?

"I reckon you'd look amazing with a pixie sort of style. Like that one." She pointed at a picture on the wall; a young woman with an almost boyish short style.

"Oh, I don't know..." I said, unsure. Perhaps it would be better to call it good here; this would grow out soon enough anyway and I could get back to that last style.

But that would have meant ending the session, calling it a night. I wasn't sure I was ready for that. This was... well, it was something. I wasn't entirely sure what that something was, but I knew I wanted more of it.

"Well. Okay." I said, uncertainly. "Let's give it a try."

A strange look crossed Jade's face. "Yes." She agreed, stroking my hair softly. "Let's try it." She got to work once again with her scissors, snipping even more length off my hair.

I could sense something had changed between us. The atmosphere in the quiet salon, already highly charged, had become almost palpably sexual. Jade wasn't bothering to pretend she wasn't pressing her breasts against my head and for my part I was happy to openly gaze on her amazing body while she worked on my hair.

"Enjoying the view?" she asked when she saw me looking. I could sense a slight mocking tone in her voice, but there seemed to be no malice behind it.

"Y-yes." I whispered. "Yes, I am," I repeated, a little more boldly. I was enjoying the view and it was clear that Jade was enjoying whatever was happening here. It was time to stop being so shy.

"I could tell." Jade put down her scissors and stared at me through the mirror.

It should have been obvious where this was going, but her next move still took me by surprise. Without a word and without breaking her gaze, she simply reached behind her and unclipped her bra, tossing it aside to join her top.

I simply stared, mesmerised. Her breasts were beautiful. Still firm and perky with youth, the gentle swell of her flesh highlighted by two smallish pink nipples.

"Oh my..." I breathed as Jade picked up her tools and stepped back behind me again. I felt her breasts pushing against my head once again, this time unfettered by any material.

I couldn't help myself any longer. Using the cover of the shawl wrapped around me, I sneakily let my fingers move between my legs, stroking myself through the thin material. I thanked myself for wearing these thin leggings and not something bulky like jeans. I suppressed a little sigh as I found my spot. Damn, I was horny! I'd have to be careful. I didn't want to leave here with a damp spot on my crotch.

We lapsed back into silence for a minute or two. Jade worked on my hair while I subtly stroked myself under the covers and watched her bare breasts bouncing around as she moved.

The whole experience had become incredibly erotic. It had maybe started as just a simple haircut, but it had become so much else in the last few minutes. I couldn't keep my eyes off Jade as she sculpted my hair into a style I'd never even have considered for myself. I was mesmerised. Bewitched.

Jade put the scissors down. "What do you think?" She ran a hand through my hair, a strangely proprietary gesture.

Oh yes, my hair. I'd almost forgotten. I tore my gaze away to look properly at my new style. It looked...

"It's amazing." I breathed. "I look ten years younger."

Jade grinned. "I told you. You look more modern. A bit more, I dunno, interesting? A bit less boring housewife."

I flushed at that. I could see it now. I'd come into the salon looking like an average middle aged, middle class housewife and had fully planned to walk out looking exactly the same way. Staid. Boring. Frumpy.

Jade bent down, her lips close to my ear. "A bit more sexy." she whispered.

She stood back up, a sly look on her face. "But I don't think we're done yet." She picked up some clippers from the table. "Let's take the back and sides a bit shorter."

This time, she didn't ask my opinion or wait for me to agree. Before I even thought to react, she brought the clippers to my neck and I felt a buzzing sensation on my flesh as she ran the clippers through my already short hair.

The tone had shifted again. I'd walked in as a customer, but something had just changed. Jade was in charge now, somehow. Without a word being said between us, she'd assumed control over me and I'd let her take it.

And it was driving me crazy. I could feel myself making little sighs masked by the buzzing of the clippers, feel myself biting my lip as I watched short clumps of hair fall down on my gown.

The clippers stopped suddenly. "I know you're playing with yourself under there, you know."

I froze in shock. I'd thought I was being subtle, just stroking myself under the cover. How could she tell?

I looked down at my crotch; my hand was clearly outlined between my legs. It was obvious what was going on, and I wasn't even moving! Shit.

SwiftE
SwiftE
23 Followers
12