A Little Story about Jack and Diane Pt. 01

Story Info
Jack confronts his wife Diane about unsatisfying sex life.
2.3k words
4.09
64.8k
47
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 03/12/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first EVER attempt to write a story. I have read a lot here on Literotica and thought I would like to contribute. While this will have MANY of the typical themes found here in the Loving Wives category, I hope I can tell this story in a not so typical way. I have self edited my work, so forgive any grammatical and/or punctuation errors. I welcome any constructive criticism, but if you just want to be negative, please keep your comments to yourself. Or better yet, write and publish something better!

-------------------------------------------------

A little story about Jack and Diane

Jack Morgan was about as excited and nervous as he had ever been in his life as he hurried around the kitchen preparing dinner. He was trying to time it so everything would be ready when his wife Diane walked through the door. In their nearly 29 years of marriage he didn't cook often, but when he did he went all out and tonight was no exception - a small salad to start followed by some lobster bisque soup. The main course was fillet mignon and broiled lobster tail with grilled asparagus and homemade cheddar au gratin potatoes as the sides and then finished off with crème brûlée for desert. Tonight was going to be special, so he made all of her favorites for dinner.

Jack heard Diane's car door close just as he was putting the finishing touches on setting the dining room table, lighting the candles and putting the large TV in the Livingroom on channel that played romantic music while showing images of romantic destinations all around the world. A few moments later Diane walked through the front door to find Jack standing there wearing a sports jacket and tie. As Diane stared at Jack with a look of confusion, he took the moment to enjoy the sight of her standing there in her dark blue business suit and white silk blouse. The skirt came down to just above her knees and hugged her curves in a way that accentuated her form without looking too risqué. The suit jacket and blouse hinted at the large bust hidden beneath without being revealing. Diane's breasts were magnificent in Jacks opinion, while they didn't stick out from her body very far; they were very large around and still didn't sag even after having three kids. After all these years he still found her to be one of the most attractive women he has ever known.

"Did I forget something, why are you dressed up?" Diana asked, sounding perplexed. "Are we supposed to be going out tonight?"

"No, I just planned a special evening for the two of us here at home tonight." Jack replied.

"Really?" Diane said as a smile spread across her face. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she kissed him lightly on the lips. "What's the special occasion?"

"You're just going to have to wait and see." Jack responded enigmatically.

Stepping back, Jack offered his arm and in his best French accent said "May I show Madame to her seat?"

"Why, thank you Sir!" Diane responded as she wrapped her arm around his.

Jack led Diane to her seat and pushed the chair in after she sat down and placed a linen napkin in her lap.

Clapping his hands together twice as if summoning a servant, Jack announced "Dinner is served!" as he hurried into the kitchen. Reappearing moments later, he placed a salad in front of Diane first and then at his own spot before sitting down at the table. Diane was smiling and reached for her fork as Jack leaned over and whispered as if trying keep anyone else from overhearing..."I hear the food and service here is amazing, it's taken me months to get a reservation!"

Diane laughed out loud and whispered back, "I'm really impressed so far, I can't wait for the rest of the meal!"

Jack poured them each a glass of wine and they began eating their salads. They chatted the way couples do when they have been together for most of their adult lives, talking about their days, upcoming events, and things that need to get done. As they finished their salads, Diane asked "So what's next?" Jack pretended like he was looking around for someone, "Where the heck is our waiter? I thought the service here was supposed to be top notch! Let me see if I can find him." Rising from his seat he went to the kitchen, returning with two bowls of soup.

"Lobster bisque!", Diane exclaimed as Jack placed her bowl in front of her, "My favorite!". Diane was taking her first spoonful as Jack sat down, "Mmmmm, this is wonderful! I think it is the best I have ever had! What did I ever do to deserve a husband as wonderful as you to bring me to such an 'exclusive' restaurant?"

When they had finished their soup, Jack stood, took their bowls and said "Time for the main course!" as he went to the kitchen. Diane let out an appreciative "Ohhh!" as Jack placed the plate in front of her.

"Ok Jack, spill it, what did you do wrong? There has to be a reason you are spoiling me with all this wonderful food!"

"I assure you my dear wife; I have done absolutely nothing wrong. I just wanted to make this a special and memorable night for you." He said with a smile as he raised his wine glass and toasted Diane.

They spent the next 45 minutes enjoying their food, sipping their wine and getting lost in conversation. The candles had burned down about half way when Jack blurted out "Dessert! I almost forgot dessert!" He sprang up, grabbed their plates and hurried to the kitchen. "And now for the piece de resistance!" Jack announced as he placed the crème brûlée before Diane.

"Oh my, you must have done something really, really naughty or you must want something really, really badly!" Diane joked as she took her first spoonful. A sigh of utter contentment escaped her lips as she tasted the dessert. "Jack, whatever it is you want you can have it! This crème brûlée is absolutely magnificent!"

Jack smiled at Diane's compliment. Unfortunately, all too soon for Diane's liking, the dessert had vanished, leaving only a fond memory dancing on her taste buds. With a final sigh of longing and regret for the now consumed dessert, Diane extended her wine glass to Jack for a refill.

"So does this conclude tonight's activities...or do you have something else in mind?" Diane asked in a suggestive tone while arching her eyebrow and taking a seductive sip of wine from her glass.

Jack looked Diane in the eyes for a brief moment, took a deep breath and took a large swallow of wine before replying, "As a matter of fact I do."

"I have to confess that I planned tonight's dinner to put you in a good mood because I want to talk to you about something really important."

"Well, I'm certainly in a good mood after that culinary delight, so let's talk about whatever it is you have in mind and then we can see where the rest of the evening goes!" Diane replied suggestively.

"Ok, I have a lot to say and I'm going to ask that you indulge me a little and let me say everything I need to before you reply. Once I'm done we can either talk about it right away or you can take some time to think about it before we talk about it. I have a feeling you'll probably want to say something before I finish, but I REALLY need you to listen until I'm done, OK?

"Well, you really have my interest piqued now, I will do my best not to interrupt, but can we hurry? I think we may need to go to the bedroom to 'discuss' other things!"

"It's funny you should say that, because that's exactly want I want to talk about."

--------------------------------------

"We've been happily married for nearly 29 years and I can't imagine going through life with anyone else but you. You have been there for me through all the good and bad times. You have been the cornerstone of our loving family, you have tirelessly put the family before yourself and, mostly because of you, we have managed to raise three wonderful children that now have loving families of their own."

Diane smiled at Jack praise.

"Because raising three kids was so demanding, even though I desired much more intimate time with you than you could manage, I did my best to not put additional stress on you by being a demanding husband. As frustrating as it was for me...and believe me, having sex once every month or two WAS very frustrating...I chose to put your needs ahead of my own. Even after all these years, my desire for you has never diminished. Now that we've been empty-nesters for a few years, I had hoped there might be a rekindling of your desire for me, but unfortunately that hasn't happened."

"I understand that as a woman gets older, her sexual desire may diminish to the point of being almost non-existent. While I understand this on an intellectual level, it doesn't do anything to diminish MY need for sexual intimacy. I don't mean to hurt you with what I am saying and I'm not trying to make you feel guilty, I just want you to understand how I am feeling. It has taken me a very long time to bring this up to you because I don't ever want to hurt you, but I have reached the point where this needs to be brought out into the open so that we can move forward."

Jack paused as he brought his wineglass up to his lips. He could see the look of hurt and concern showing on Diane's face as he quickly drained the last of the wine from his glass in a single gulp. Putting the glass down on the table, Jack delivered what he knew would be a painful blow to Diane..."With all my heart I wish this wasn't the case, but I have to tell you that you don't satisfy my need for sexual intimacy and you haven't for a very, very long time."

Diane let out a small gasp, the hurt his words cause showed very clearly on her face. "Jack I..."

"Diane, please let me finish", Jack quickly cut her off, "I have spent a very, very long time trying to come up with some kind of solution for our problem and I think I finally have one..."

Diane's look of hopeful expectancy was shattered and replaced with utter shock as Jack delivered his next words, "I need to take on a lover."

She stared in disbelief as Jack continued on, "'Lover' isn't really the right word, I don't want to become emotionally involved with anyone, I love you with all my heart and don't ever want that to change. I guess the right term these days would be that I need to find a 'friend-with-benefits', someone that can fulfill my sexual needs a few times a month. So that's it, I know this is probably a lot to take in, so if you want to take some time to think about it, we can talk later if you like."

Diane stared at Jack dumbfounded, unable to speak a word until she finally blurted out, "Is this some kind of twisted fucking joke? Are you seriously sitting here in front of me telling that you want to cheat on me?"

"No Dear, I do not want to cheat on you, that is why I am talking to you about it." Jack calmly replied. "I'm sure if you just take a minute to think about it, you will see what a good idea it really is. I will schedule it so that it never interferes with our time together, it will never, ever take precedence over my time with you. It will only be to get my sexual needs met and it will never take anything away from you or our marriage."

"Not take anything away from our marriage?" Diane screamed, "You think having an affair won't take anything away from me or our marriage? Are you fucking crazy? Where the fuck did you get an idea like that? Are you already having an affair, is that it? Do you really want to throw our marriage away, because there is no way in hell I would EVER allow something like that! Seriously Jack, what the fuck is going on?" Diane started to shake as she was overwhelmed by a flood of emotions.

Jack sat back in his chair as a somewhat pleased smile flitted across his lips. Continuing as if this was just a normal conversation, Jack replied in as soothing of a voice as he could manage, "No Dear, I am not having an affair already, I just told you that I would never, ever cheat on YOU and I mean that. Regardless of what you may think at the moment, I have not broken any of my marriage vows to YOU. And I most certainly do not want to throw our marriage away, you have been the love of my life for 32 years and I want us to spend the rest of our lives together."

"Then why Jack? Why would you want to throw it all away? This makes no sense to me, you are the most logically thinking man I have ever known, this doesn't make any sense!"

"We have a problem, or at least I have a problem, with our sex life Diane. I have thought about this carefully and this seems to be the most logical solution. Believe it or not, I have it on very good authority that you would think this is a good solution to get my sexual needs fulfilled."

"Jack, that is insane, who the hell ever told you that I would think you having an affair is a good idea?

With a smug look on his face, Jack casually replied, "Why, YOU did my love."

...To be continued.