All Comments on 'A Little Unfinished Business'

by Bazzza

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
Risq_001Risq_001over 17 years ago
Bazzza, uhmm

Well this was an intresting story, but here the main reason I wasn't that much of a fan:

-If someone is hungry can they shoplift some food and if they do is it ok?

-If someone is broke and they need money is it ok if they take someone elses wallet and use thier cash and credit cards?

-If a woman is in an abusive relationship is it ok if she borrows another woman's husband to make herself feel better?

In all the above cases someone needs something that someone else has. Is it ok for them to take it from the other person without their knowledge? Wrong is wrong regardless of the reason used to justify it.

Some of your stories I like, some of them I don't. This wasn't one of the ones I liked.

Sorry

-Risq

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 17 years ago
A Different Opinion

I usually (1) agree with Risq's comments and (2) don't like cheating as I know what it is like to be on the wrong end of it. But I liked your story. The cheating wasn't planned; it happened. It was a one time thing and both parties recognized their responsibilities to their families, which had to have been very difficult for Maddy. The issue of going forward with guilt was not glossed over or ignored. Your writing was good and you presented the issues, regrets, and trade-offs very well.

The other side, though, is that if Kevin treats her as stated in the story, she should not remain in the marriage but should get herself and her kids out.

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusover 17 years ago
the idea of cheating

Cheating 'with good reason' is it? Maddy was wrong to remain in an abusive relationship, it is rarely a blessing to preserve a bad marriage 'for the kids'! She was wrong again to tempt a man who is in a committed relationship, and of course he was wrong to give in. No winners here.

Thanks for writing. Good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Touching Non-Respectful Story

As always very well written Author but the closing attempt at her justification was as uncomfortable as the story turned out to be.

When you take a book out from the library you can hope to be entertained on several levels. Both the writers exibition of talent and the subject matter influence how you feel about your choice.

You have written most often of late about life's respect on some level and it has been highly appreciated. This 1 spooned disrespect covered with the sugar of past regrets and it didn't truly fly or fly truly.

Nowhere near your best but as always well written. Is the expectation 2 high?

With Some Disappointment and Regards

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 17 years ago
I rather think Maddy is correct

Everyone deserves some happiness in their lives. Normally I would say nail 'em to the wall but not this time. Somehow it seems ok.

I like the "nail his feet to the ground". I hope she gets the chance!!

Good story!!!

jake60jake60over 17 years ago
This hit me.

Somewhere on this site I saw it stated that the 4 saddest words in the world are 'what might have been'. They fit this story perfectly, and can sort of explain how it could take place.

Very recently I spoke on the phone and have exchanged emails with my 'first love'. We hadn't spoken in about 43 years. We're both happily married, with children and grandchildren, but this story brought tears to my eyes as I found it hit way too close to home.

Am I going to try to copy this in real life? Not a chance, but we all daydream and imagine things. Why would we read these stories if not for vicarious thrills.

I loved the story, and will read it again.

Orion623Orion623about 17 years ago
First Loves

I think that there are a lot of us who can relate to fond memories of our first love. This story brought out one possible outcome of a chance meeting that comes about after the passage of many years. For those of us who decry adultery as exposed in the Loving Wives section we can do no less for the two aduterers in this story. Regardless, this tale clearly rates a 5 for the quality of the writing and the thought that went into the story.

acs_1acs_1almost 17 years ago
Amazing!

Fuck that was fantastic! I don't like the idea of infidelity at all, but there was something about this story that kept me hanging on for every word... Thank you.

zed0zed0over 16 years ago
Watta Dik Hed

Hope your wife finds out & gives you the boot, then her violent hubby kicks the shit outta you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
What a great story

Simply 10 out of 10; enjoyed every word.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
great!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
I like the story.

however, having said that, there's never any justifications for cheating on your spouce no mater what.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Great Story

You had hoping that he would go home and catch his wife with someone else so that he could have returned for his first love... Oh well. It would a beautiful sequel wouldn't it? I guess we all have such dreams.

VulcezVulcezover 14 years ago
Powerful, touching and thought provoking

I was pulled in very quickly feeling every emotion and every touch. It did what many stories fail to do: bring you in and make you part of the story. Sheer perfection! I felt their pain, I felt their longing and I felt their love. Excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Autobiographical Reading & Gagging

Oh Baz, you manly of all men you. You are sooo special.

pogo123pogo123almost 14 years ago
Impressive

One very, very sensitive story. You have the proportion between sex and love just right ... sex is (or should be) a result, not an object.

Well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

This is not one of my favorites. No matter how much you gloss over ti they BOTH cheated and it was wrong.

The little sidenote on Maddy doesn't excuse what she did. If she is being abused staying together for the kids is the LAST thing she should be doing. They are learning that a man being a dickwad is okay. And while yes everyone deserves happiness but that doesn't mean it's okay to sleep with a married man, first love or not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Oh Pogo, where is your stick??

What,no pogo stick?

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
AND STILL NO CLOSURE

until death we do part. TK U MLJ LV NV

bigguy323bigguy323over 11 years ago
She may have "deserved" what happened but HIS WIFE did not deserve to be betrayed.

Divorce the brutal bastard and find happiness.

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 11 years ago
Yeah - two people with conflicting issues

She was not right but yes she probably deserves more than she got -

He was wrong - period - he can make it better for all of them but he owes it to his wife - and should move on if that is where he is headed -

But ir went well - thanks

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Meh

thanks for the offering. Well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Trash

"1" star

ImHappynBPImHappynBPalmost 9 years ago
Well Done

A warm story. I guess you have to have lost a love to be able to appreciate this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Regrets, I've had a few . . .

No one who has been absolutely besotted by a first love can read this

without a small pain in his/her heart.

That memory is just so powerful.

Of course, looking back at things realistically, she would have divorced my sorry ass too, before I finally got my act together.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Anonymous 12/01/10 has it SPOT ON

What she is doing should be child abuse/neglect, staying with that scumbucket husband.

Her children will grow learning that relationship.

Better to end it, get restraining order, child support, supervised visitation and teach the children proper morals and character.

Yes she deserves happiness. But not this way.

And douchebag Barry's wife does not deserve the disrespect, dishonour, and betrayal of the cheating bastard. If arsehole really thought he was doing the right thing then call his wife and ask her if he can fuck his friend!

No, because he knew it was wrong. He CHOSE to betray his wife. He is a piece of shite.

And Maddy is dumber than a sack of Hillarys for staying with the abusive lowlife "for the kids".. stupid cunt!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Excuses

There are always excuses for cheating. There are no good excuses for cheating.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 5 years ago
A cheating story

Normally I have a natural aversion to cheating, but this was actually quite touching. Superb writing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Another reason why religion is a disease, and knowledge is the cure.

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
great story

Karma provided a means to fulfill a missed opportunity. Yes, what they did was wrong, but I recall an old girlfriend that I never got they chance to seal the deal with and given the same circumstances I probably would be unable to resist.

5 *s

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Great story which hits too close to home

Great story!

My first real girlfriend was when I was in Special Forces. I met her (again) when I was home on Leave, we had met in only in church, previously. We dated for years until I got out and returned to finish college in Pittsburgh, where she was majoring in dance. We were very serious. I was the only man she ever dated, so when she said she wanted to date others, I was shocked and stunned. I got drunk that night and did some stupid things. I didn't see her again for 20 years. I was now an officer in the Army and we were both married when she showed up at my parent's house when I was on Leave from Ft. Bragg, again. Imagine a blonde goddess with boobs too big to dance on stage, they didn't make bras that strong. She was stuck in a loveless marriage to a man with no ambition. I was a Captain about to make Majot and my wife was the definition of a hardened bitch. When my ex showed up we talked, and asked' did you ever wonder...?' Clothes came flying off, I found out she no longer had major inhibitions about anything. 20 years after that meeting, we're still Facebook friends. She has declared her undying love for me, privately. My current wife, my third, hates her. My ex carefully sits and waits... 100% true. I'm going to write this up, soon.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous