A Long Time from Home Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"< Yes, Sir >"

"< Oh and Spectre, swing by my office when you come here >"

The link closed again and with a sigh I walked to the kitchen for a cup of tea and some breakfast. Judging from the light outside, it was early morning and now that I had woken up, I didn't feel like going back to bed, so I walked to the garden on the roof and enjoyed the weather, while thinking about how to persuade Sabia to join the Ordo, and talking with a few people that might be able to help.

However, after more than a few glass without any signs of her, I walked to her bedroom to see what was holding her up, but the only thing I found, was a note on the door, telling me that she had gone out to buy some things she needed.

Satisfied that her confidence was returning, I used her absence to clean the whole house, using Ars Mentalis. I had avoided using it, so she wouldn't be reminded of her lost powers, but since she wasn't here, I might as well get it done.

------------------------

Sabia had a happy smile on her face and two large bags in her hands, when she entered the house several glass later.

"I don't know if it was sharing pleasure with you or our talks that have helped." She said as she placed the bags on a table. "But I feel so much better than I did when I arrived that it's ridiculous." Her smile widened as she walked over to me and gave me a hug and a kiss. "Thanks for both."

I hugged her back. "You're more than welcome." I glanced over at the bags. "Shopping?"

"Yes, I needed some clothes."

"Oh, I don't know about that. You look just fine without them." I said jokingly.

That made her laugh. "You know, for a Mentat, you're rather physical oriented."

I nodded. "It has been remarked upon before, but to be honest, I don't give a rat's ass. I'll take a lovely woman with a charming mind over a gorgeous mind in an ordinary body any day." With a wink, I continued. "and since you have a gorgeous mind in a stunning body, you're almost impossible to resist."

Still laughing, she said. "Stop making me embarrassed!"

"You mean 'horny', right?" I asked with a grin.

She nodded with a slight smile. "Both, to be honest... and I don't know why, which is frustrating."

"Oh, that's because most of your life, your sense of lust has been controlled by your mind, which turned on the body. Now it's the other way around, and your mind isn't used to that... yet." I explained. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

She tilted her head as she looked at me. "How do you know that?"

"I overheard a healer explaining it to a patient." I chuckled and let a hand slide up her side, making her shiver. "There's isn't much you can do about it, but you can enjoy it, instead of trying to stop it."

She thought for a moment, mumbled, "Fair, I guess." and kissed me with a hunger that sent shivers down my spine. Then she broke the kiss and gave me a hug, whispering "Both my body and mind have been screaming for pleasure all day. I want you." into my ear.

Closing my arms around her, I lifted her up and placed her next to her bags on the table before I kissed her softly. She moaned a little as our lips touched and reached up to hold my head as her tongue came out to play.

One of the advantages of being a Mentat instead of a Magi, was that Ars Mentalis didn't need words or gestures and I took advantage of this by simply using a simple Ars Mentalis trick that made our clothes disappear, ending up in a neat pile on a chair.

Sabia grunted in surprise, but then moaned as my hands found her now naked breasts. Big and firm, they were warm and soft to the touch, and from the moans she liked having them grabbed. Her nipples stiffened against my palms and when I caught a nipple between my fingers and squeezed it carefully, the moans became deep groans.

Another Ars Mentalis trick moved the bags to another table, leaving enough room on the table for her to lean back, as I applied pressure on her upper body. My mouth left hers and travelled down her smooth, jet-black skin until they reached her nipples, where I sucked one of them into my mouth and flicked my tongue on it.

Sabia almost growled, as she grabbed my head and pulled me closer against her breasts, causing me to suck harder, flicking my tongue harder over her erect nipple inside my mouth, while fondling the other breasts with my hand.

She started to tremble under me, feeling a lot like the start of an orgasm. Just to test it, I switched to the other breast and did exactly the same there with my mouth, while using my hands to fondle both tits at the same time.

The tremble became more intense and for a moment I though she was going to come from breast play alone, but it levelled out instead of increasing and after a while, I moved on to the next target, sliding my mouth and tongue over her flat stomach to the little white bush. Using my lips only, I caught some of the hair and pulled gently to wake up the nerves before I continued down between her legs.

Taking a deep breath, I inhaled the scent of her pussy, as I dragged my tongue from top to bottom and back up, finishing the move with a flick of my tongue on her love-pearl.

"Goddess!" She breathed, grabbing the edge of the table.

I continued to tease her a while, focusing on licking and nibbling her lower lips, only occasionally letting my tongue come into contact with her love-pearl.

Finally, I decided that there had been enough teasing, so I reached up and fondled her magnificent breasts and slid my tongue upwards, found her love-pearl and drew a few circles around it, before I made my tongue firm and gave it a swift licking.

That did wonders. Her hips buckled wildly and the growl that had started in her throat turned into a scream of pleasure. The hands left the edge of the table, grabbed my hair, and pressed my face into her crotch as the orgasm rolled through her.

It took her a while to get down from that and I softly licked her until I sensed that she was becoming too sensitive and stood up from the slightly awkward position I had been sitting in.

Sabia relaxed on the table, lifting her head to look groggily at me with a smile on her face. "That was insanely good!" The smile widened a bit. "I always thought that the rumours telling stories about how good Inquisitors are in bed were wildly exaggerated, but you continue to prove me wrong."

"We aim to please." I said with a grin and a slight bow.

"I have something better you can aim for." She said with a wink, and swept her long legs up into the air and wrapped them firmly around the small of my back, using them to pull me closer, making my stiff dick touch her wet pussy. The height of the table was perfect and a moment later, the head was positioned between the lips of her pussy.

I reached out and fondled her breasts again, as I pushed forward, slowly sinking into her tight pussy. She was so wet from both the licking and arousal, that I slid all the way to the bottom in one long stroke.

"Now, fuck me like you mean it." Sabia groaned.

Not one to be told twice, I didn't start up slow like I usually do. Instead, I moved my hands from her tits, took a firm hold of her hips and pounded her as hard and fast as I could manage.

Sabia placed her head on the bed again, eyes closed in pleasure and moaning with each stroke. Her body rocked beneath me, her amazing tits wobbling along with the rhythm and the inner walls of her pussy gripping my hard dick with every move we made.

It didn't take long before her groans turned into a whimpering and without breaking the rhythm, I moved a hand from her breasts, found her love-pearl and teased it gently while thrusting into her.

Her whimpering turned louder, so I guessed that her sensitivity had faded and made my caresses of her love-pearls harder and faster.

"I'm coming again!" She cried out loudly.

"Good." I growled and picked up the speed of both strokes and caresses. She felt wonderful in my hands and around my dick, but with the sex we had last night, I could last a long time and I did plan on doing just that.

For the briefest moment she seized up and then she came again, shrieking with joy, grinding her hips against me.

For once, I didn't slow don't. I held on to her hips and slammed into her even harder than before.

She lifted her head from the table and stared at me in what looked like shock. Ignoring it, I rammed into her again, causing her to gasp, moan, and shiver, all at the same time. Her fingers ground into my back and she bucked against my continuing thrusts, and a few strokes later, she exploded again, her entire body shivering against me, as she shouted out in ecstasy.

This time I did slow down, while she slowly began to stop spasming and started breathing again.

"That was flaming amazing." She said lazily, and moved away, so my dick left her body. "But no more, please. I'm pleasured out, thirsty, hungry and sweaty."

I looked at her with a grin. "Not to mention beautiful, sexy, smart and a complete joy to share pleasure with."

"Why, thank you." She said with a smile, but then suddenly looked serious. "You know, Ivah, under normal circumstances, I would consider starting a serious relationship with you, but right now that just isn't possible." She sighed. "I need to find myself in this new role of mine, before I can even think about relationships. I hope that is fine with you?"

"Not a problem." I told her with a slight smile. "It's not like I'm looking for a partner anyway."

That simple statement made her look more relaxed, and the smile returned to her face, as she got off the table. "Good and now I need a bath."

"Well, so do I."

------------------------

The bath was extremely peaceful, as we just relaxed and talked about everything and nothing for a while, but slowly the subject centered around magic or rather how and why magic worked. A subject where my knowledge was limited, which surprised Sabia immensely, so for about a glass I listened to her explaining the basic of magic to me. Most of it wasn't really new, but the way she put it together and explained it, made a lot more sense that the explanation I had gotten as part of my education a long time ago.

"Sabia, can I borrow your expertise in this area for some days?" I asked when most of the explanation was done.

"For what?"

"Your explanation made so much sense, that I wondered if you were willing to repeat it to a room of young students." I said and explained that the magic teacher at Arcem had died due to the Disease, leaving the students without a qualified teacher in magical theory.

"B-b-but I can't teach magical theory without casting spells!" She said horrified.

"Why not?" I asked being genuinely puzzled. "When I had magical theory, the teacher used a total of four spells in the entire course. Not to mention, that if you really need a spell cast, there're plenty of spell-casters that can do it for you." I shrugged. "It's qualified teachers that're lacking, not mages. Their theoretical knowledge might be lacking, but their spellcasting ability is excellent."

She went silent as she thought it over, but finally said. "Do you really think I can do it?"

"Yes, I do." I said firmly. "You just explained it to me."

She went silent again, but then sighed and nodded. "I'll try it."

The look on her face made me laugh. "Lighten up, Sabia. It's going to be fun."

"I doubt it, but as I said, let's give it a try." She replied with a weak smile. "When're we going?"

"Oh, it'll morning in Arcem in about six glass, so I guess we'll leave in eight glass or so."

It took her a few heartbeats to process that, but then her eyes widened. "So, we're going to the other side of the planet!"

I nodded. "Yes, but fortunately Ordo Vectio is going to gate us there, so the distance doesn't really matter, except for the time difference."

"Nice." She remarked. "I better go get some sleep then."

"Yes, that would be good."

------------------------

Seven glass later, I climbed out of the bed and walked into the bathroom to get ready.

Since the Old Man had told me to come to his office, it made it an official meeting, so when I came back out, I was wearing the black and red dress uniform of Ordo Gladius, complete with a red scabbard for the sword and an emblem with the crossed silver sword of an Ordo Gladius Inquisitor.

Sabia was waiting in the garden room, looking extremely good in a simple, but stylish black and grey outfit. She blinked a few times in surprise when she saw me. "Oh man... You look gooood in uniform!" She frowned. "Wait a minute, that means that it's an official visit, right?"

I nodded with a smile. "Yes, but only for me. The Dominus Grande asked me to 'swing by his office', which is his way of saying that I need to come to a meeting."

She lifted eyebrows. "Are you in trouble?"

"Always, but rarely with the Ordo." I said with a smile. "Are you ready to go?"

"If you find me presentable."

"Not really." I said drily. "But you'll have to do."

Her eyes widened in surprise at the answer, but then she playfully slapped my arm. "How rude!"

"I wasn't the one fishing for compliments." I pointed out. "You were."

"Was not!" She grinned.

"You have looked in a mirror. Unless you have suddenly gone blind, you have to know that you look good."

"Fair. Yes, I did fish for compliments." She admitted.

"Good. Then I'll admit that you look good enough to bring to a Royal Ball."

"Thank you, Inquisitor." She said with a slight bow. "Now we can go."

------------------------

Getting to Arcem Discendi didn't take long, as we were gated there by an Ordo Vectio mage and arrived in the usual gating room, where we were greeted by one of the four guards stationed there, with the remaining three guards standing so that it was impossible to see the Gating Rune on the wall behind them.

The leader took one look at me in my uniform and saluted. "Welcome home, Spectre."

"Thank you, Sergeant Mirta." I replied and guided Sabia to the door. "This way."

"Home?" whispered Sabia when we walked into the corridor.

"Well, many people from the Ordo considerers this to be their true home." I explained as we walked. "Most of us live here when not on a mission or visiting family."

She chuckled. "Like most other Ordos."

"Well, Ordo Gladius only became official after the Disease. Until then, this was the only place where we could talk freely about the missions and everything else." I said with a slight shrug. "But lets start by seeing the magical theory class, so you can get an impression of what they're teaching there."

"No tour first?" She asked in surprise, making me chuckle. "We can take that afterwards. I need to go talk with the Old Man and I might as well do that while you're observing."

She nodded and we walked down the hallway to the classrooms.

------------------------

The plan was to have Sabia observe the class, but I had totally forgotten to take into account how kids would react to meet one of the famous Tenebris, and the teaching stopped from the heartbeat we entered the classroom, as all the kids were looking at Sabia with awe and wonder on their faces.

To his credit, Magi Valentius, who acted as a teacher, took it stride and politely asked Sabia if the kids could ask her questions. She agreed and when I left, after having whispered a 'good luck' to her, she was leaning against a desk, answering questions in a clear and calm voice, her earlier nervousness forgotten.

------------------------

Dominus Grande Maximus was sitting behind his desk, reading some papers, but when the guard announced me, he stood up with a smile.

"Good to see you again, Emilian." He said, for once using my family name instead of Spectre, and gestured towards the chair in front of the desk. "Please have a seat."

"Thank you, Dominus Grande." I said and sat in the indicated chair.

He smiled as he returned to his seat. "Did you bring Sabia Lartius along with you today?"

"Yes, Sir. We still need a real teacher in Magical Theory after Fusus Galeo died, so I persuaded Lartius to come a give a few lectures. Magi Valentius have done an extremely good job, but he's not really a teacher and he agreed immediately when I suggested it to him. So right now, Lartius is in a classroom, answering questions from a bunch of very excited students."

"Good work." He said with a nod, but then changed the subject. "Have you guessed the reason for this meeting?"

I shook my head. I had searched my memory for any reason that the Dominus Grande would request a meeting and with the exception of the new department, I had come up with exactly nothing. "I have to say, Sir, that I have no idea about it."

"Well, you have been quite busy." The Dominus Grande said as he leaned back in the chair. "To name a few highlights, you were instrumental in stopping the Pulcher family and after that, you prevented Magus Dominus Lartius from killing both Inquisitor Varro and Scolaris Narses in Sybaris, and you got a lot of people out of the city." He pointed at a stack of papers on his desk. "I have glowing letters of recommendations from just about everyone you have ever worked with, including the Varro clan, the Arcadian family and the Dragon Riders."

There really wasn't much I could say to that, so I just nodded.

The Dominus Grande saw it and continued with a smile. "Even your idea about the new department that can give the victims of the Disease a new purpose in life have been positively received and I have to say, that your timing is excellent." His smile widened a bit. "Two days ago, the Promotion Board got together to determine any possible promotions and your accomplishments haven't gone unnoticed. That is why it's my pleasure to tell you, that you have been promoted to Inquisitor Vice Captain, effective immediately."

That was as insane, as it was unexpected. Nobody became an Inquisitor Vice Captain after only three years as an Inquisitor, jumping over the rank of Senior Inquisitor in the process.

It must have shown on my face because the Dominus Grande nodded. "Yes, it's a bit early to become a Vice Captain, but it's not unheard of and due to the deaths during the Disease and all the insane mages we had to chase down, there have been quite a lot of deaths and retirements."

I nodded. Varro was one of those, as he had semi-retired after our mission in Sybaris, but that was due to the number of deaths in his family, which had required him to take over duties normally covered by elder family members.

"In short, I need a new Vice Captain and, according to the Promotion Board, you're the best candidate we got." The Dominus Grande leaned forward in the chair again. "Congratulations, Spectre."

"Thank you, Sir." I managed to say.

Smiling he reached into a drawer and took a small package. "It's an old tradition, that whenever one of my people is promoted in this office, they get to put on the new insignia before they leave, so please put them on now."

In a daze, I did as I was told and a moment later the emblem with the silver swords were replaced with a new emblem and this one had the golden swords of an Ordo Gladius Inquisitor Vice Captain. I had dreamed about wearing those emblems one day, but not in my wildest dreams had I hoped for it to happen anytime soon.

"Congratulation again." Said the Dominus Grande and shook my hand. "Oh, this promotion does include your ranks in the Securitas."

"Yes, sir." I said with a slight smile.

Early in my career, Securitas Externa had requested that I worked for them, but back then Ordo Gladius belonged to Securitas Interna, so in order to keep everyone happy, I was assigned a position where I worked half-time for both of them, while still belonging to Ordo Gladius.

The arrangement suited everybody fine, with the possible exception of the accountants that calculated the pay. The rank of a person determined the pay and even with me being half-time in each organization, I got paid almost twice the normal pay, since half-time didn't equal half pay. In short, I was extremely well paid and apparently that was to become even better now.