All Comments on 'A Love Song for Sara'

by ElectricBlue

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
MelissaBabyMelissaBabyalmost 5 years ago
An interesting read

I enjoyed the "behind the scenes" aspect of the story. It was very interesting to get a peek into another writer's creative process.

Readers who do not also write might find the transition from the narrative to the analysis a bit off putting, but I hope they stick with it.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 5 years ago
Reminded me of Vonnegut

In Kurt Vonnegut's later works, he often had long author's notes in the middle of his stories where he compared his own real life to that of his alter ego, Kilgore Trout. He'd often wax poetic on his own writing process, much as you've done here. There are similarities, but the voice here is uniquely your own.

There's an interesting dichotomy between the true story of Ruth and the fantasy of Sara. I find it interesting that you remained soft while posing with Ruth, the woman you had, while you became aroused drawing Sara, the woman you didn't. The difference seems to be desire, a theme you emphasized early that sort of became lost by the end.

LilyWatersLilyWaters9 months ago

This is exquisite. A Love Song for Sara, yes, but also a love song for writers, for artists, for those who examine their muses and sparks, and consider how life is breathed into them.

Absolutely stunning.

AG31AG316 months ago

I do enjoy getting inside Adam's head. And by extension, yours! Thanks! 5 stars.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElectricBlue@ElectricBlue
A writer of mostly urban erotica, with more café scenes than a classic French movie; occasional departures to more fantastic worlds, off planet and on.