A Love that Lasts Forever Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, you're really okay with me working?"

Quinton smiled. "More than. Like I said, I want you to be happy."

"Good, because I don't think I can mate an alpha who just expects me to stay home bare foot and pregnant. Not that I don't want more pups someday, I just don't want to be used as breeding stock. There's more to an omega than just his womb." Caleb stopped for a moment as something occurred to him that he hadn't thought about before and probably should have asked before his little speech. "You do want pups don't you? I mean, ones of your own?"

To say that Quinton was surprised was an understatement. He was momentarily lost for words. All he could managed was to stare into Caleb's eyes. Those deep, penetrating, amber orbs. He wasn't quite sure that he'd heard Caleb correctly or that maybe he'd misunderstood but he could see from the look on the boys face that he was awaiting a response and the longer Quinton took, the more Caleb's expression became one of worry. Quinton needed to rectify that immediately. "Um...yes, I want pups." He stammered. "Undoubtedly. But, does that mean..." He couldn't finish that sentence. He knew what he wanted to say but for some reason the words just wouldn't come.

"It means I want you as my mate." Caleb finished for him, almost as if he could read Quinton's mind. The sweet and sincere look on his face told Quinton all he needed to know but hearing the words spoken meant so much more to him. For the first time in his life he actually felt like crying.

"I want to officiate our mating in front of the entire pack." Caleb continued. "And I want you to claim me as your own. That is, if it's what you want."

Quinton nodded, emphatically. "It is. I was being honest when I said that I wanted you to stay with me. And, not out of obligation or duty. I want us to be together because it's what each of us want."

"It's what I want." Caleb assured him. "I feel safe when I'm with you. You make me happy. Even on my worst days, you have a way of taking the pain away and making me feel whole again. I feel like I can do anything as long as you're by my side."

Quinton smiled the biggest and brightest smile that Caleb had ever seen on the man. "I feel the same way." Quinton told him. "Caleb, the last few weeks, you've made me happier than I've ever thought was possible. I've handled things poorly and for that I apologize. I kept my distance because I thought it was what was best for you. Every day that I see you I've wanted to hold you, kiss you, and I was scared that if I acted on any of those desires I'd push you away. The thing I was the most afraid of was losing you if I moved too fast. I know you need time..."

Before Quinton could even finish the sentence, Caleb leaned in and kissed him. The kiss was deep and full of longing and passion. Caleb's arms wound around Quinton's neck and when Quinton kissed him back, Caleb made a small sound of pleasure and pressed himself closer against Quinton's body.

Quinton ended the kiss and pulled back. "Caleb, you don't have to do this." He said, breathlessly.

Caleb wound his fingers around the ends of Quinton's hair, playing with it teasingly. A sweet flicker of desire caused a shiver of pure excitement to radiate down Quinton's spine and straight to his groin.

"I know that, Sill alpha. I know you think I need more time, but I want this. I want you." A deep blush rose to Caleb's cheeks and he looked away. "Maybe it is too fast. If you don't want this, don't want me, if you've changed your mind..."

The desperation in his voice affected Quinton deeply. On impulse, he reached out and pulled Caleb into a tight embrace. "I haven't changed my mind, not ever. I just don't want to rush you into anything."

"You're not rushing me into anything." Caleb said. He cupped Quinton's face in his hands and kissed him greedily, his fingers slipping into Quinton's hair as he caressed the back of Quinton's head with his hand.

Quinton ran his hands up Caleb's spine, his fingers tracing the curve of his back, cupping his hand over the smooth contour of Caleb's shoulder.

Caleb moaned and slid in closer to Quinton, nearly climbing into his lap. "Please," he whispered, reaching between them, grasping at the hem of Quinton's shirt.

Quinton grabbed his hand and brushed Caleb's lips with his own before planting soft, delicate, kisses along his jaw line and gently nibbling at his ear. "We have all the time in the world." He whispered.

"I know." Caleb said, "But this feels right."

Quinton lightly placed a finger to Caleb's lips. "It's too soon and I don't want to mess this up. I'm willing to give you all the time you need."

"All I need is you." Caleb told him. "Just being near you is enough."

"Then, let's take things slowly." Quinton advised. "I want to know more about you. The physical stuff can come later."

Caleb nodded in agreement, letting his head rest on Quinton's strong shoulder."But, does that mean no more kissing?"

Quinton smiled. "Not if you promise not to take advantage of me."

Caleb giggled in response. "No promises there, Alpha."

Quinton laughed. "Then, I think we're both in big trouble."