A Love to Last Ch. 03

Story Info
A love triangle no one even realizes is there.
17.8k words
4.62
2.8k
1

Part 3 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/14/2023
Created 12/04/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers

A love to Last Ch. 03

Elena was coming down the stairs elegantly, walking like a model on the runway. Her tight animal print skirt was showing off her gorgeous curves which matched with her blouse and shoes. She had her hair curled and then loose with her face graced by makeup. She was holding a file and a phone to her ear and you couldn't miss the smile on her face.

"of course, only the best for you, Mr. Granchi." She laughed. "Doing business with you has always been fun. I told you that I will never disappoint you and will always serve you with the best."

She continued on her phone for a few minutes before she heard an angry voice shouting her name.

"Thanks, Mr. Granchi. I'mma have to call you back. Let me just solve a little issue."

She cut the call and rushed down the stairs. She found her husband coming in from the entrance with a frown on his face. He was a very handsome man in his mid-50s but barely looked a day above 30. He had well shaven short dark hair with small strands of gray, a cute round face with lips that Elena always found seductive, and most women.

He was tall, muscular and one of the sexiest men she had ever set her eyes on. He wore a black designer suit with a white shirt inside that was halfway buttoned, revealing his gorgeous muscular chest. His eyes, those eyes that she loved were piercing grey, just like Ben's. She hated that fact because they looked so much alike because of that.

"My love!" She giggled, opening her arms widely. "Is that any way to call your wife's name? I don't find it romantic. Come give me a hug and a long kiss. I am sure you have missed me so much like I have."

"Cut the crap Elena." He thundered, dismissing her rudely. "What kind of woman are you?"

"What are you talking about?" She didn't lose that smile on her face. "But to answer your question, I am a woman who loves you dearly. Is that wrong, my love?"

Jerome groaned, stamping his foot to the floor.

"We're playing dumb, aren't we? But that's why I am here to remind you." He got closer and threw some documents on the table. "Can you explain what that is?"

Elena still smiling picked up the documents and when she opened it, she found sketches of interior design Ben had presented to her a few days. She didn't lose the smile on her face.

"Our client called me this morning to say that he thinks the designs that were given to him don't match his home. He doesn't like them." He laughed angrily. "I was surprised because I know my son's designs are amazing and the client loved them when I pitched the idea. So I asked for a copy and guess what I had found... my precious wife had gone behind my back, invited my son to the company and not only insulted his designs but also convinced our client to have them changed."

Elena lost the smile on her face, gripping the designs in her hands. She was so mad she saw red.

"Do you know how bad that is for the reputation of my company." He yelled. "I built this company on blood and sweat so don't you dare mess it up for me, Elena. That client is very important to me."

"That little bastard." She screamed, throwing the papers on the floor. "He told you, didn't he? Trying to paint me black as the evil step mother, right? And you're listening to him?"

"No, Elena." He chuckled angrily. "Ben has never uttered a single word to me about what you did to him. I have talked to him each day and not once did he say a word against you. It's you, Elena." He pointed at her. "You're the only with a messed mind. All this hatred for a boy that has never done anything to you, it's ruining everything around you. And you can't see it because..."

"Don't insult me, Jerome." She snapped, her jaws shaking like there was an earthquake going on there. "I did what I thought was right for our client. Those designs weren't good compared to what I had sent to him. He agreed."

"You know you're lying, Elena." He angrily shook his head. "No one, not even the best interior designers at my empire can beat Ben's talent. He's a natural and his designs are always top notch. But you can't see past your hatred and give this boy a chance who loves you so much and always tries his best to impress you. He just wants a mother in you."

Elena hissed and clenched her hands at her sides.

"But guess what, you failed." He laughed in mock. "Because the client wants those designs you rejected and I have already sent them to him. So you can't stop what's destined to happen. And if you were so concerned about the welfare of our company, why didn't you do the same to Jim? You never asked him to present anything."

"My son is good at what he does and you know it."

"I am not doubting. But I am not favoring one son over another. I appreciate both my sons' talents and I try my possible best to make them feel good about that. But for you, it's a different story."

Elena's anger was overboiling. She felt her whole body get hot and tears built in her eyes.

"At least, I never cheated on you. I never brought home a bastard child." She said in between clenched teeth. "You expect me to appreciate that son of a whore? Never, Jerome. I will never do that. As far as I am concerned, there's only one legitimate Henandez and that is Jim."

Jerome laughed, shaking his head. "That's your theory, Elena and you're entitled to it. I know I messed up and I have been regretting that but hurt me, do anything bad to me. But leave that poor boy out of this. Hasn't he been through enough already in your hands? What ever you do, Ben is my flesh and blood and nothing is gonna change that. Whether you accept it or not, he is gonna run this empire together with Jim." He got closer and placed his hand on her shoulder. "I might burn in hell for cheating on you when I die, but I will make sure that my son lives a very comfortable life."

With those words, he rushed upstairs, leaving Elena standing there like a statue trembling in anger.

Elena's heart was racing and the blood in her veins felt like poison pumping her up. Her hatred had now moved to another level as each and every word Jerome had said to her played like there were on repeat.

"You've won this time, Ben." She said under her breath. "But as long as I live, you'll never be happy in this life. Wait and watch how I make you cry on an important day. Then you'll know that I am not to be messed with. You shall pay for every word that Jerome uttered here today."

An evil grin appeared on her face.

"I promise."

***

David was running fast, feeling his whole body working, his leg muscles running warm. Fresh air entered his lungs and blood flowed into all his limbs. His eyes were focused, staring straight but he knew damn well he couldn't see a thing. There were air pods in his ears as "Bad blood" played at full blast.

He kept on reliving each moment that he had encountered the boy. How nice he had seemed, the calmness with which he walked and that smile. Thinking about the smile got his heart racing a million miles and his breaths came out in gasps.

He pressed the button and slowed the treadmill until he stopped it. Sweat was dripping down his muscular body, making him look even sexier. He was shirtless with only a white short and some runners. David was at the gym that he had discovered. It was luxurious and he loved that there were only a few people. Guess that was the price of being expensive.

"Fuck!" He cursed under his breath as he sat on the bench, took out his air pods and picked up his water bottle.

He emptied the entire thing in his mouth before it was leaving his lips. Now he felt refreshed and light just like he loved. But then the boy was back in his mind. Almost two days had passed since he had seen him at the party and he had never left his mind.

David was still lost deep in thought when he felt a hand on his shoulder and then going down his chest in a seductive way. He jumped up from the bench and quickly turned to find the surprise he hadn't expected to see.

There was a boy right in front of him with the most seductive smile he had ever seen. His hair was tied in a bun and he whole a black tee with tight running leggings and shoes. He had a bag with him. To say David was surprised would be an understatement.

"Jim!" David gasped, totally surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"And good morning to you too." Jim smiled brightly. "I was talking to Amber earlier and she told me you might be here, so I said why not drop by. I would love to see you work out or maybe help you with one thing or two."

David laughed nervously, scratching his head. "Is that so?"

"Yeah!" He moaned under his breath as he scanned the hunk in front of him. "I love a man that takes very good care of his body. I find it quite sexy, if you know what I mean." He winked, biting his lip. "Besides, I was hoping you could show me one thing or two."

"I would love that but...." he paused and sighed. "I am actually done with working out. I was about to start heading out before you arrived. Maybe I can show you some other time."

"No problem, perhaps we can have some breakfast together. My treat." He quickly grabbed David's hand and rubbed on it sweetly. "And I think we didn't finish our conversation at the party the other day. You kind of left without saying anything. I would love to finish what I wanted to tell you the other day."

"Yeah, I'm so sorry for that." He slowly withdrew his hand, leaving Jim a little disappointed. "I had some work that I had to do. I shouldn't have left without saying anything, forgive me for that."

He picked up his stuff and started heading to the showers. However, he felt Jim grip his hand again and pull him back. David stood there like a statue. He knew what Jim wanted to tell him but he didn't know if he had the heart to hear it. He was thinking about a boy that he had only seen a couple of times and had no idea if he was gonna like him or not.

"David, I like you." Jim said slowly. "I told you at the party the other day that I would love for us to get to know each other. Not as friends but as lovers. I have never felt for anyone what I feel about you and I am assured that you're the one for me. I know it's too early for this and you've not known me for long but I am madly in love with you. I love you so much, David. And I know you can see it as well."

David slightly closed his eyes and took a deep breath before he turned and looked at Jim with a stern face.

"Jim! You don't even know me."

"I know you enough to be assured that I want you to be mine." He laughed. "Isn't that enough?"

"You're one of the most handsome men I have ever seen, Jim. You are a down to earth guy, great at conversation and I am pretty sure that all the guys are dying to have you in their lives."

Jim felt his cheeks get hot and he blushed, dropping his eyes to the floor. He felt like he was on cloud 9.

"I feel so lucky that you are saying this to me. I just don't think I am the right guy for you, Jim. I don't even know if I know what I want, right now. I am sorry."

Jim felt like someone had just hit him in the chest with a hummer. His smile began fading and he felt like his heart had stopped beating.

"What?" His voice was barely above a whisper. "What are you saying, David? You're the perfect guy for me, I just know it.

Can't you remember what happened at the party the other night? The way we danced... the connection I felt with you.... how you looked at me..."

He took David's hand and placed it on his chest.

"Can you feel my heart? It beats so fast whenever i am around you, David. I have never been wrong when it comes to these things. And I just know that you're the one for me, David."

David didn't want to hurt Jim because be seemed like an amazing guy. But he couldn't betray his heart either. He knew that his heart wanted the mystery boy whom he didn't even know he was gonna see again.

"I am so sorry, Jim. But my hands are tied. Like I said, I don't even know if I know exactly what I want or if I am gonna find it." He moved his hand away. "The only thing I can be right now is a friend. I hope you can understand that."

Jim felt his strength leave him. "But I don't wanna be your friend, David. I wanna be more than that. Perhaps, you need some time."

"I don't. I know what I am saying."

"No, David. Please." He put his hands together. "Don't say that. You can learn to love me while we are in a relationship. It can happen, I know it will happen."

"I am sorry." David apologized. "If I did anything to maybe give any impression that I wanted to do something with you at the party then forgive me. But if I don't tell you the truth then I'll be leading you on. Like I said, you're an amazing guy and you deserve someone that is gonna love you genuinely. I wish I was that guy but I know I am not that guy."

"I don't need any other guy." Jim didn't even realize that his voice was high. "I need you, David, please. Just say yes and I promise I'll give you all the time you need in the world to love me."

"I am sorry, Jim. That's all I can offer to you. Excuse me." He apologized. "I have to take a shower."

He left quickly.

Jim remained there with the words he had heard from David playing at the back of his mind. For the first time in his life, someone had rejected him. And to make matters worse, this was someone that he truly liked and wanted to spend the rest of his life with. Now he had rejected him without a second thought.

Jim didn't even realize that he had tears in his eyes until they started going down his cheek. He quickly rubbed them and wore a smile instead.

"No!" He shook his head. "I'll not let you ho so easily, David because I'm not known for giving up on what I want. I know you and I are destined to be together. It's only a matter of time before you realize what the truth is. And I will show you, David, even if I have to force it into you."

He picked up his stuff and left.

***

'I am so sorry, Jim.' Amber apologized on the other end of the line. 'I honestly thought he was gonna be happy when he sees you. I didn't know he was gonna say all that to you, but are you alright?'

Jim laughed, crossing his legs. He was seated in the living room, playing with his hair.

"I am very okay, Amber. Your brother is a tough man and I believe he's the type that is not used to someone coming so strong." He sighed. "But that's what makes this all the more fun for me. I love a man that puts up a challenge because it will remind me of what I went through just to get him."

Amber laughed on the other end. "You're insane, you know that? Or maybe you're saying this because you don't want to make me feel bad for coming up with the idea that you follow him at the gym."

"And miss the chance of you helping me out in future? Not a chance." He laughed at the top of his voice. "I honestly like your brother, maybe even love him. And I am willing to do anything just to have him. As long as you're willing to help me, I know I shall be victorious."

"I am on your side. Although we've known each other for a few days, I know an amazing person when I see one." She paused for a second. "But what would you do if you found out that my brother has his eyes on someone else?"

"I don't care about that. All I know is that I am on a mission to love. And when I have my eyes on something, I never let go. I guess, it really pays to be a son of a tough woman who doesn't know failure."

"You're right." Amber agreed. "My brother deserves someone like you. I'll put on a good word for you. Like you said, men like my brother are never used to men that come so strong. But I believe you have the keys to unlock his heart. You shall make it."

"Oh, I have a supporter." Jim moaned, feeling his cheeks get hot.

"Of course, and speaking of brothers, you never told me that you've got such a hot brother." She complained. "I was surprised when I met him at the party the other day."

"Oh Ben!" Jim laughed. "He's literally like my shadow. I guess I have been so busy chasing after your brother that I forgot to introduce the two of you. But once I get the chance, I will do that."

"How about in two hours?" Amber asked. "I am inviting you both for lunch at the restaurant near school. That way, I get to meet your brother properly while... you get another chance to talk to mine."

"What?" Jim rose from the chair like he'd been sitting on hot coals. "David is gonna be there? Sure." He was so excited he felt his body get hot. "Two hours, right? We'll be there."

He cut the call and started running around the living room like a child. When Ben came into the living room, he stood in the doorway, staring at his brother like he'd grown another head. The only time he acted that excited was when he had gotten what he wanted.

"Are you gonna tell me what's going on or should I call the psychiatric hospital?"

"Ben!" He screamed.

He took Ben's hand and spun him around severally.

"Your brother is so excited, so in love. I get a chance to meet my prince charming again."

Ben frowned, moving slightly away. "You're gonna try again? I thought you said he rejected you this morning. Why would you want to try again?"

"Because he is the love of my life." Jim moaned, placing his hands on his chest as he stared in the ceiling, imaging that handsome face. "David is handsome, smart, very sexy and most of all, extremely rich. That's a jackpot, a perfect package."

He moved and gripped Ben's hand, leading him to the couch. They sat closer together, while holding hands.

"Now imagine such a guy with me. We're gonna be the power couple. Shouldn't that be good news?"

"It is good news, but don't lose yourself why chasing after this guy." Ben sighed gloomily. "You might be disappointed or hurt. I can't bear to see you in those situations."

"Disappointment and hurt?" Jim raised an eyebrow. "Two words that I have never experienced and I will never experience. That person to reject my proposal is yet to be born."

"If you say so." Ben shrugged, rising from the couch. "I just want you to be careful, that's all."

"I am always careful. But where's the fun in always being careful?" He rose and laughed. "By the way, get ready because you're going with me to meet with Amber and David."

"What?" He gasped. "Why am I being dragged into this again? So you can abandon me again like you did at the party?"

"No!" He shook his head. "You know that wasn't intentional. I don't know what happened but this is gonna be different. Besides, Amber specifically asked for you."

"Amber?" Ben couldn't mask the surprise in his voice. "Are you using her to drag me along with you?"

"Cross my heart. She said you guys met and she wants an official introduction. And it's about time you got to meet the man of my dreams, your future brother-in-law."

Ben raised his hands as if he was surrendering as he headed towards the kitchen. "Whatever!"

***

The restaurant was filled with laughter coming from one table, the table where the trio sat as they enjoyed their lunch over some amazing stories. It was good the restaurant wasn't filled and it was actually surprising how no customer had complained about them yet.

"Where have you guys been my whole life?" Amber said as she took a sip of the water. "And to think that this year is almost done and we're only meeting when it's almost over is crazy."

"well, blame your brother for that." Jim laughed. "Had I seen him sooner, we'd have met earlier. But it's not too late because this relationship has already started and it will never end."

"Cheers to that!" She raised her glass and the three of them toast. "You guys are just amazing. I have seen your parents in the magazine but their sons are just out of this world." She rested her chin on her hand as she diverted her eyes to Ben. "So what about you, Ben? Any interesting stories? Any love interests?"

vanalas
vanalas
226 Followers