A Love to Last Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No!" He thought. "I cannot tell Amber that Ben is the boy I have been searching for, not now. I promised Ben that I wouldn't tell anyone and until I know his feelings, I am gonna have to keep it to myself. The fact that she's friends with both of them may breed trouble for Ben."

"David!" Amber snapped her fingers in his face, getting him out of his thoughts. "You were about to say something."

David smiled. "Never mind! I will be fine. You go and get some rest as well. You must be tired."

"Alright."

She kissed his cheek and left him there alone. David was so lost that he wanted to just talk to the boy once again but he couldn't just sneak back into the house to go and talk to him. All he knew was that he needed to find a way to talk to the boy. Now that he had seen him, he felt so attached to him.

"What do I do?"

***

Ben was seated in his room, reliving yesterday with David. There was a sadness, a pain that was rising deep inside of him that he couldn't get rid of. He didn't understand how he was thinking about a guy that he barely knew and worse of it was that it was his brother's boyfriend. He felt like a terrible person for even sleeping with him.

"Ben!"

Ben was gotten out of his thoughts when he heard his voice being screamed. He raised his face and found his brother rushing to him with a beautiful smile. Ben put up a shy smile as his brother wrapped his arms around him. He was so excited.

"Oh my God!" Jim screamed, jumping like a child. His happiness felt like a newly bloomed flower. "Can you tell how excited I am? I am the happiest person on this earth and it is all because of my David." He gasped, placing his hand on his chest. "Can you imagine that I will be getting engaged to him in a few months?"

Ben's mouth twitched with a smile. "This is very good news. I didn't expect that you'd be taking the relationship to another level so soon."

"I know, right!" He giggled, getting lost in his day dream. "But when you're in love, there's no need to delay. I can't wait for him to be my husband. Ben..." He took his hands and held them lovingly. "...my dreams are coming to reality step by step. David is becoming my life and I can't even imagine what I'd do without him. I love him so much that I sometimes feel like I am going crazy. I think of him when I wake up. I think of him during the day and even dream of him when I sleep."

Ben was genuinely happy for his brother, but what was that pain he was feeling inside of him.

"What do you think of David?"

"Huh?" He gasped, his eyes widening.

"David." Jim shrugged. "You saw him yesterday so what do you think of him?"

"Errr... I think he's handsome." He tried to sound confident. "He looks like a good man but that's all I can say since I didn't spend any time with you guys. But if he makes you happy, then I am more than sure that he's a good man."

"Thanks a lot, you're an amazing brother." He said happily. "Very soon, you're gonna find your Prince Charming and I will help you. There's no way I am gonna be getting engaged without you being in love."

"But this isn't even about me." Ben sighed. "I am happy the way I am. Love isn't something that you can find overnight. When love comes my way, it will find me. But for now, let's concentrate on your happiness. You shouldn't worry about me."

"How can I not?" Jim shook his head. "You need a man in your life. Everyone needs love, isn't it?"

"Yeah but..."

"You're right, Jim!" A voice chimed in before Ben could answer.

It was Elena and she was in a very happy mood that morning. She walked to the two boys with a smile but her primary focus was on Ben who couldn't even keep eye contact with her. She knew how to trigger his buttons and cause him pain.

"Everyone needs love but not everyone is blessed with it." She said lovingly. "There are us who are blessed with so much love that our loved can't even spend a minute without us. Then there's the unfortunate who will never know what love is no matter what they do."

Jim was confused. He stared at his mother, wondering what she meant. She looked at him and caressed his cheek.

"I know you don't understand but one day, you will. Right now, the most important thing is that your engagement is set in a few months." She laughed. "I will make sure that your engagement party will be the biggest this city has ever seen. Your union will be powerful and trust me, you'll be the richest and most influential couple this city has ever seen."

Jim felt tears building in his eyes. He got up from the bed and hugged his mother tightly.

"I don't know what I would do without you, mom." He sobbed softly. "When I think I am about to give up, you always come with a solution. The engagement was a surprise that I won't ever get over. Thank you so much!"

"You don't need to thank me." She held him closely, her eyes lingering on Ben. "As long as I am alive, I will give you the best because you're the son of a tigress. Why should you get inferior things like some people."

She pulled away from the hug and kissed him.

"You still have to meet up with your fiancé. Why don't you get ready? We wouldn't want to keep the young man waiting?"

"Yes, mother!" Jim said excitedly and left the room singing 'Havana.'

Ben got up from the bed and started heading for the bathroom.

"Why are you leaving? Are you feeling jealous?" Elena mocked. "Well, it's understandable. After all, you'll never experience love like my son does."

Ben slowly turned and looked at her. His face was filled with so much pain.

"Jim is my brother and I want nothing more than happiness for him so why should I be jealous?" He replied. "As for love, I don't think it's for me because I know that no matter what I do, you'll always find ways of destroying it. You've done it before and in the process hurt the person that I loved."

"Oh, moi!" Elena gasped in mock astonishment. "How can you accuse me of such a thing?" She pretended to cry, rubbing off her fake tears. Then seconds later, she was burst into laughter. "You're right about one thing, Ben, you'll never know what it means to be in love or experience it.

Your stupid mother once stole love from me but now that she's not here, I am gonna make sure you pay for it." She vowed. "You think I am gonna be standing here while you're happy? No ways, Ben, you'll feel what I felt when my husband stopped coming home to me because he was with that whore. Every love that you feel you have in your life, I'll destroy it and you'll remain with no one to support you or even pity you."

Ben frowned. "Haven't you done enough already? What else do you think you can do to me? You completely took everything that I had to remember my mother by and burned them." He shook his head, getting closer. "Nothing you'll do will ever hurt me more than that. So, if you think I actually care whether someone loves me or not then you're wasting your time."

He walked out of the room and into the bathroom.

"You think you've experienced pain, Ben? Just wait until I drive both my son and my husband away from you. I'll make them stop supporting you and that time, I'll give my final blow that will leave you without strength. Wait and watch. It's coming soon."

***

"Hi baby!" Jim hollered as he rushed to the table where his boyfriend was seated.

He looked so good, so sexy and so yummy. He wrapped his arms tightly around him and connected their lips, kissing him right there. It felt so good, so electrifying. And when he broke their kiss, he wiped on those lips, staring into those eyes.

"I missed you so much, baby." Jim moaned.

"I missed you too, although we just saw each other yesterday."

"It must be the connection." Jim was so happy saying that. "Even the universe wants us to be together sooner than soon. I can't wait to be married to you."

David felt a shiver go down his spine. He was about to respond when...

"Ben!" Amber hollered. "Come and sit with me. Why are you just standing there?"

David's eyes quickly moved past Jim and saw the boy hugging Amber tightly. He felt a tightening in his chest, some pain but it was mixed with excitement. The boy looked amazing and so sexy. He wore a black t-shirt with a blue skinny jean that showed off his curves with his hair tied in a ponytail as usual. He couldn't believe he'd just kissed Jim in front of him.

He watched as the boy sat on the other side of the table and when their eyes met, he couldn't help but yearn for him. Why was life being so cruel to him? He needed to be with the boy but how could he when he had gotten himself in such a tough situation.

"Baby!" Jim called, bringing back to reality. "I know I introduced him to you the other day but I'd still love to introduce him to you. This is my brother, Ben, my shadow, my everything. Ben knows all my secrets but that doesn't mean you need to go and ask him."

Amber burst into laughter and Ben followed although his laugh was not genuine. He couldn't remember the last time he was that nervous.

"And Ben, this is my baby, my soulmate, my everything and my future husband, David Paola."

David extended his hand. "Nice to meet you again, Ben. It is my pleasure."

Ben extended his shaky hand and greeted David. "Nice to meet you too, David. It's finally nice to meet the man that has finally pinned my brother down. Treat him right and we're gonna be good friends."

David chuckled nervously, staring at that handsome face. Why was he feeling the way he did? When Ben finally let go of his hand, he felt so lonely and alone. He couldn't stop staring at the boy no matter what he did.

"Why didn't you guys order something?" Jim asked as he took a sit next to David.

"Because we were waiting for you." Amber answered. "But now we can order something. I'll call the waiter."

The waiter came and they made their order. In no time, their food arrived and they began having their lunch. Ben was so nervous, especially since whenever he raised his face, he just met with the eyes of the handsome man on the other side of the table.

"Baby, I was thinking that maybe we should go on a vacation one of these days." Jim said happily. "Just the two of us, where we're gonna be very happy. I wanna get to know you on a deeper level, especially since we're gonna be getting engaged soon."

David glanced at Jim, wondering why he was bringing that up. "Err... I don't think that's possible, especially since I just started working. I can't move away because I am in the process of learning. Mom is not coming for work so it's just me managing everything."

"You guys are so sweet." Amber teased, winking at Jim. "It seems like Jim doesn't wanna wait anymore until you guys get married. Why don't you buy a house and stay together if you wanna be together so bad."

"That wouldn't be a bad idea, at all." Jim's face brightened up. "I wouldn't mind waking up to this face every morning. Wouldn't that be great, baby?"

David looked at Ben again although the boy was just busy having his lunch. He wanted to talk to him so badly but he couldn't do it.

"Err... soon, Jim." David chuckled nervously. "Besides, we haven't even gotten engaged. We still have a long way to go."

"I know but it feels like forever. Why don't we elope and get married?"

"Ha ha ha..." Amber burst into laughter. "Remind me again what Ben and I are doing here? It seems like you guys need some privacy. Ben..." She squeezed his hand. "...I think you and I should also find our own boyfriends so we won't be feeling left out."

Ben smiled but never said anything.

Jim chuckled. "The chances of finding a boyfriend are very high for you, Amber." Jim commented. "But as for my dear brother, it's gonna take a miracle. It's like he's waiting for someone that has doesn't exist yet." He laughed. "But now that I have found my Prince Charming, my next goal is to find my brother's soulmate. That way, he won't be too lonely when I get married."

David didn't know what entered him but he got really curious. He wore a smile and cleared his throat.

"So, Ben, what do you look for in a guy?" He asked confidently. "What does a guy have to do in order to win you over?"

Ben froze, staring at David like he'd just grown another head. He was trying to process what he'd been asked. He opened his mouth but no word came out of it. A prickling sensation shot up his spine and he felt a huge lump in his throat.

"Have you always been single or you have been in a relationship before?" He continued with his chin resting on his hands. "Do you have any moment that you have shared with anyone that you'd want to seize again."

A sickening wave of terror welled up in his belly. His mind started showing him flashbacks of the night he'd spent with David and his body just went limp. His face became pale and his hands sweaty. He couldn't believe that David had asked him in front of everyone. He was both scared and pissed.

"David?" Amber called, shaking her head. "I think that's too many questions you are asking him. Besides, I don't think Ben is..."

"Yes!" Ben answered abruptly, surprising both Amber and Jim. "I have been in a relationship before, things were going perfectly and I thought he was the one. But life had something else in store for me. We broke up and it was the hardest thing to get over at the moment. Seeing the person, you love suddenly grow so far away from you and watching your heart being ripped to shreds"

Ben took a deep breath as he tried to contain the memories and his emotions.

"So, I haven't really been... quiet lucky when it comes to love." He stuttered. "Maybe I gave up a long time ago when he left and I don't know what the future holds for me."

David sighed. "I am sorry to hear that."

"It happens." Ben shrugged.

"That is so sad." Amber wrapped her arms around him. "I didn't know that was what happened. No wonder you've been so scared of falling in love."

"Yeah!" Jim answered. "That shouldn't stop you. I mean, look at me. Despite everything I have been through, I never gave up and I found my prince charming. He makes me so happy."

He held David's hand and kissed it. "I love you so much, baby."

David just smiled and diverted his eyes to the boy.

"Sometimes, we don't have to give up." David said softly. "What we deserve might just be in front of our eyes and if we don't open them to see, then we'll be blind to the truth. Love comes in so many forms and if we don't open our hearts to it, we'll never experience it."

Ben felt his heart racing and he knew that if he stayed there, things were gonna get bad. He nodded and then excused himself. He rushed to the bathroom and stood in a mirror, staring at his reflection. There was no one else there.

His eyes were prickling with tears but he promised not to cry. He washed his face and started wiping it but something happened, something that scared him.

"What's wrong with you?" A deep manly voice asked. "Is it something I said?"

When looked in the direction of the voice, he saw the handsome hunk staring at him with so much passion. His face was blank but he could tell that he was gonna be in trouble.

"What are you doing here?" He quickly wiped his face. "Did you follow me?"

David got closer. "Not every guy that you're gonna meet is bad. Not every guy that you're gonna meet is gonna break your heart. There are lots of guys that are willing to guard your heart like theirs. All you gotta do is listen."

"What are you talking about?" His voice was heavy with emotion. "Stop this nonsense and get back to your boyfriend. He's waiting for you."

"I only follow what my heart is telling me." He got closer but the boy took a step back. "I didn't sleep last night. I kept on thinking about you. I wanted to come back to you, to talk to you."

He kept on getting closer and Ben kept getting away until he hit a wall. He couldn't move any further.

"God knows I have waited for a moment when I was gonna see you again." David's eyes were dull with sadness. His heart was weeping. "But life keeps playing tricks on me. I wanna hold you so bad, kiss you and..."

"Please, stop!" Ben closed his eyes. "Please, don't say anything anymore. Just go away from me and get back to Jim."

"My father once told me that when I find the one person that my heart desires, I was gonna be restless." He chuckled in pain. "He was right because I have never felt anything like this for anyone."

"Are you not ashamed of yourself?" He snapped, furiously opening his eyes. "Your boyfriend is right there and... I warned you yesterday to stop this madness. What we had was a one-night stand. It didn't mean anything to me." He felt a stab in his heart when he said that. "I needed to forget my troubles and you helped me forget them. Now you're in a relationship with the most loving guy..."

"I don't love him the way I do you!" He said harshly. "I love you, Ben!"

Ben blocked his ears with his hands. He didn't wanna hear it.

"I have never loved anyone the way I love you." He gripped his arm, pulling him closer. "Ben..."

"Stop!" Ben furiously released himself. "When will you stop this madness? I have lived in peace with my brother so don't destroy my relationship with him. And I wasn't joking with what I said at the table. He's a nice guy so treat him right."

David nodded. "You're right about that. Jim is a nice guy and that's why he deserves someone better. My heart belongs to you."

Ben laughed, shaking his head. "You're more insane than I actually thought. Don't waste your one chance of being happy with someone who loves you because of a one-night stand. You might just be disappointed. Now if you'll excuse, I have better things to do."

He put the wipes back into his bag, furiously zipped it and left. But as he was leaving, something dropped from his bag, a piece of folded paper. David watched as the boy he yearned for left together with his heart. He wanted to follow him but he couldn't. He just picked up the paper and stood there.

"I am so sorry." Ben apologized when he got back to the table. "I have to get going."

"What?" Jim gasped. "Why? I thought we were supposed to spend the entire day together."

"I know." Ben leaned and kissed his cheek. "But I just realized that I have somewhere else to be. I have met your prince charming and that's good enough for me. Besides, I don't wanna ruin your moment together. I promise I'll make it up to you."

Jim nodded although he was sad. Ben kissed Amber and rushed out of there like the hounds of hell were after him. By the time David was coming back, Ben had already left. He spent the whole day with Amber and Jim although he was quiet for most of the time.

***

'What?' Isaac yelled, staring at his friend wide-eyed. 'Tell me that this is a joke.'

"It's not a joke." David sighed, combing his hair with his fingers. "Does my face look like anything I have said is a joke."

"But how? This is more complicated now that you're dating his brother."

"You're one to say. After all, you're also to be blamed for this. All of you talked me into accepting Jim and the moment I did, the boy suddenly appeared in my life. Do you know how messed up this is? The boy is so close to me and yet I can't even get close to him."

Isaac was so quiet that his screen looked frozen for a while. David was on a video call with his friend that had gone out of town for some important work. He had explained everything to him and the man wasn't helping him in any way.

"What did he say?"

David laughed. "That I should stay away from him. He insists that it was nothing but a one-night stand and it meant nothing. To me, that night meant everything because I am in love with this boy. I want to talk to him once again so we can sort this out. I wanna be with him so bad."

"I understand." Isaac sighed. "But we're talking about one of the most complicated love triangles. From what I see, Jim..."