All Comments on 'A Loving Wife Dies: Painful Truths'

by ohio

Sort by:
  • 349 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Better ending but still not enough

More

tazz317tazz317almost 4 years ago
WOW I WOULD NOT KNOW HOW TO ANSWER OR REPLY TO THAT STUNNER

as for revenge, payback and retribution I will 100% get personal satisfaction. TK U MLJ LV NV

AlericAlericalmost 4 years ago
Not far enough

He should have gone farther. I'm thinking some lighter fluid and a match during the funeral, or maybe dragging the whores corpse behind the car all the way to the cemetery. Then burn it in her grave. The bitch didn't deserve a funeral, she didn't deserve to have her life celebrated.

Flar1958Flar1958almost 4 years ago
And always

To insecure to see not the spermdotor only who raise is THE father. But in all stories they are question this fact and so no likeably outcome. And now he abandend his other children? How pitty.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Here We Go Again

Are all your stories about anger and your need to “win in the end”?

Your “protagonists” always come across as losers who deserved everything they got.

management91399management91399almost 4 years ago

Prefer this to the original ending, religion is just goofy show business. This Priest takes it upon himself to ruin an old mans life, he lives the rest of his life with pain and regret. All because someone is about to become worm food and they need his forgiveness to go into the magic place in the sky. It's easier to commit to an invisible entity than to be honest and loyal and supportive to a man who loves you. Yeah Ohio you tore her down in the end, but in my mind you brought the whole hypocritical church down with her. Burn the opiate of the masses! ;-)

Here is Marx's full quote

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people".

Thanks! Went from erotic fiction on a free site to Karl Marx in 30 seconds! great fun!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not in Heaven

She was slut, breeding 21 men. Her "husband" raised someone else's children. She's a POS whore and there'll be a new face in HELL for breakfast...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Yeah, the guy's a closet cuck.

He "blames" the pastor for his losing his peace of mind. He evidently was happy being an unknowing cuckold. With training perhaps he could have enjoyed watching. The character is written as a weak example of a man. The pastor did him a favor. He was likely to find out eventually. At least this way he got to confront the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The Devil Has Her Now

This Story has a Decent ending for a Change ..

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Hell yeah!!!

He may have been an unwitting cuck for 45 years, but he will die with some self respect!!! BTB!!! Hell is too good for the slut!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

The anon below is a raving idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I am a husband and a father and I would like to know the truth even if it hurt. But I am not a gullible doormat like most lit husbands, so I would never have these problems anyway. A DNA test is about 100 dollars now-a-days.

Just confront your problems head on, rather than drinking and crying like a baby about your sour luck.

A short private affair might not be discovered, but only an oblivious idiot wouldn't catch on with dozens of lovers and illegitimate children involved. Maybe thats why she had other mates, she didnt want her children to be morons like her husband. They should thank her.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Burn in Hell bitch. This evens the score with H2O's original, a good, but hatred arousing story.

WisquejacWisquejacover 4 years ago
Can’t say it enough

One of the very best loving wife stories written!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
TRUTH HURTS

The bible echo's "Let those without sin cast the first stone", I'm not certain that her husband was Lilly White nor even the Priest.

A good tale On what often happens in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Re: deblackbuster 1/16/19 And Others

Just where in the Bible does it say Anything about needing to confess to a priest to obtain forgiveness? Just curious what version you have been misunderstanding. That is simply Catholic doctrine, no more, no less. Too bad she didn't commit suicide so she wouldn't be able to be buried in consecrated ground, hopefully Dante reserved a special little basement corner room for her. A black Hefty garbage bag would have been to good for her. Good job Ohio, can't call this man a wimp, trusting, loving, cuckolded but not a wimp. Signed: BTW

tellmeagoodstorytellmeagoodstoryover 4 years ago
Gold

If fucking around was an Olympic event she'd have been a champion

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I wonder.....

How many of the 21 known and hopefully more found out in time would suffer fatal accidents before the thread of who they had common was proven and he was stopped. Hopefully it would be solved after the last bastard was “tragically” discovered. Unfortunately it was to late to prevent max from traveling out of country. Well, he can’t come back now......lol.

On a positive note though, the whore will have a full stable in hell. As they start appearing I wonder if what she caused will make the flames more painful. We can only hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
H2Owader's story is still there

https://www.literotica.com/s/a-loving-wife-dies

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago
Re: Tootight1

The original story is still there. Go to google and paste this in:

"literotica a loving wife dies"

It should be the first entry on the list.

Tootight1Tootight1over 4 years ago
Good story

Consider 228 comments so far, so I guess this story did have an impact. That's not saying anything about the readers that did not comment. H20Wader scrubbed his stories, there's nothing there. I liked it for a number of different reasons. If the letter is to be believed, which I do believe that maybe it is real, then all the kids where good with her reasoning in having those kids by different men, and not mentioning it to him. Which begs the question, what could have she said to them to justify her actions?

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Agree no forgiveness she didn't ask for it until forced no sorrow

For those cuckies who think it OK to forgive

Please never expect a real man to respect you

No sorrow remorse etc only following directions given

More punishment for men involved

Her burial no ashes and tossed on dump

Don't have to give forgiveness if not really sought

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
@huedogg2 — the kids are innocent

They grew up BELIEVING what the mother taught them (however insane that may be). Kids grow up believing playing with rattlesnakes and not being bitten means they’ve been blessed by the Lord because they were taught so from earliest childhood. That’s pretty friggin’ insane to me, but I let it pass.

My dad grew up a preacher’s kid. Can’t blame him in believing in a magical all powerful being.

My mother converted from an animist believing Shinto/Buddhist to Catholicism, so pretty much the same.

But all the other adults should have known better. Let THEM burn in hell.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
@anony 8/15/19 — look up H20 (with a zero, not capital “o”)

...

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
I see a few of the comments

are trying to place blame on the husband. If I were him dump the kids and that family and find another one. Time is short, hell give everything to charity because they in the hell don't deserve it. All the kids and everybody know the truth and not one of them said anything, ever. And blaming the pastor is like blaming a fire for burning your hand. your the one who put your hands in the flame.

Tootight1Tootight1over 4 years ago
great story

2nd or 3rd read. Great story because it shows how unsuspecting a husband can be, and the different rational seen by the comments made. As far as the hubby knew, he never suspected anything. If he never suspected anything, then why would anyone suspect he wasn't having normal sexual relations with his wife? If that's the case, then why would he not think that at least some of the kids where his?

Retribution can come in many forms. Perhaps he cheated on her once, and she found out, never said anything, and used this letter as a way to get back at him?

I try not to look at things at face value, and to me this story reeks. If there was an epilog here, It would read, that outside the church, his daughter told her dad the truth of the letter, and that her mother explained it all before she died. They where all his kids, and this was her form of retribution.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
@Too late anon

You must be blind, he hasn't deleted anything. I see the original this was based on is still there. This was a much better ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
she doesn't deserve a gravestone on a burial plot

cremate her, make someone else pay for it.

put her ashes in a few condoms

stick those condoms up some of her lover's asses.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Too late

Guess I read it too late since the author, H2Owader, has deleted everything.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Better ending but still despicable bitch

Loved some of comments

Especially suggestion for tombstone

4 stars

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
A better ending.

One of the many despicable things that had happen in H20wader's original short horror tale (and do not doubt it for a second: it definitely was a horror story) was the fact that Max was buried right next to the slut that made his entire life a complete mockery, which means she probably would keep on torturing him for the rest of eternity.

Which is why seeing him not drop dead, telling her to her face what she thinks about her, and, most importantly, making quite clear to her any every one else in earshot that he will NEVER FORGIVE HER CHEATING ASS...

Now that's the ticket!

The mere idea of such of thing happening to anyone truly disgusts me. So, even though this is not the fate Martha should have got (the worthless cunt truly deserves so much, much worse...), we'll take what we can get, hoping that the Righteous Justice will be serve onto her, so she could suffer for eternity for the sins she committed.

Part of me wish Max rewrote, on her tombstone:

LOVING MOTHER... BUT WORTHLESS SLUT OF A WIFE.

'Don't think 'his' kids will allow him to do so, though...

Anyway, this is as good of an ending such a sad tale can muster. And I'll definitely take it.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 5 years ago

It was interesting reading the comments questioning if the husband had problems with a low sperm count which might explain the wife's actions.

Nope! She's just a whore!

If you read the original, Martha's letter makes it quite clear that she was a slut that liked to fuck lots of men. She writes that she wished at least one of the kids had been his, but her husband was usually busy working when she was most fertile. Martha had the kids DNA tested and all four were bastards. The fathers were the husband's brother, his old boss, his friend... and she didn't know the father of the last as she'd been getting so much cock at the time.

Truly one of the most despicable sluts on loving wives. The bitch even thanked Max for changing so many nappies on her lovers' bastard kids, because she was "tired".

What an unbelievable cunt...

timeandtidetimeandtideabout 5 years ago
i remember in a separate story, by whom i cannot

That the husband pissed in the coffin at the church. That'll do it every time, as a final gesture.

Tootight1Tootight1about 5 years ago
Good story

For all things there is a reason. I don't know how long they where married but apparently some time. I have to believe he was fucking his wife, yet she never got pregnant, to him hmmm. I try to look beyond the obvious in a story line, as in life.

She knew what she wrote in that letter, yet she was still reaching out to him, hmmm. She still called out to him as he left. When she was asked about it, she turned her head and continued to cry, hmmm. I think there is more here than meets the eye.

Don't think that for a second I would approve her behavior, it's just that it's so wrong that it's right kind of thought.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 5 years ago
Confessions are for sinner's benefit

We are not talking about criminals confessing to crimes, but to personal confessions such as in this story. Confessions are largely, if not solely, for the benefit of the sinners, who want to cleanse their personal guilt. But, these sorts of confessions only hurt the receiver. In short, confessions are the last acts of betrayal and hate designed to injure the recipients.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 5 years ago
Well this is a much better ending

If I had been the husband at the funeral I might actually push the casket over after sweeping the flowers off the top of the casket. Way to go with your ending!!

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
After reading original

I read this again. This one speaks the complete truth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Now he can

fuck the daughter though

chaoddicchaoddicover 5 years ago
Much better ending

Than the crapola from the other dude. I agree however with the previous anonymous...not the priests fault.

deblackbusterdeblackbusterover 5 years ago
Anyone who blames Father Martin can fuck off

They are clearly religious, why else would she confess to a priest? You need to confess your sins to be forgiven. Father Martin didn't make his wife sleep with 21 people. How the hell did he not know his 4 kids weren't his?

Father Martin did the right thing. If he didn't say anything then he would've been a hypocrite.

0zed0zedover 5 years ago
So much better. . .

. . . than the original H2O piece of shit!

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Hard

Hard truths that deserved no forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A brilliant story because it got the Ohio treatment!

You turned a nice ditty into a full-fledged story told in a single page. It is like an epic poem! 5-stars are not enough!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Generosity

"(...) words of praise for Martha Franklin, for her love and devotion to her family, for her GENEROSITY TO THE COMMUNITY"

Oh, yes, twenty one men (including his brother) really appreciated her "generosity".

Geez, fourty five years!

Too bad her ashes weren't in the vase he knocked to the floor...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
He Should Have Changed Her Funeral

Interesting storey. I feel there is the possibility that it could occur. The problem with children is they may go look to one parent more than the other (blood is thicker than water). It seems the husband may have been at work a lot to support the family and hence the wife played away and the children would see the mother much more than the so called father.

Whatever funeral she wanted he should have changed it, burial to cremation, church to as cheap as possible, have no grave or ground markings.

I would also think that every thing of hers was destroyed so there was no evidence of her existing in house at least. It would have been nice as well to se if any divorces occurred from the names that were read out at the funeral.

I would have knocked the coffin on the floor along with the flowers as it would have released a bit of the rage that in him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Why bother?

Was this piece of shit worth the effort? Who hurt you, man? Get help. Seriously.

FrankRedmontFrankRedmontalmost 6 years ago
Update response

Use a zero to spell H20wader,not an “O”.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 6 years ago
update

H2Owader stories are not listed at all, blank, favorites also blank.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 6 years ago
Loved it

I commented on this story before and it wasn't well received, but that's ok. The thoughts and comments this story stirred up justifies the story.

I would actually like to know what led up to this story, so I'll see if I can find it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Everyone here worried about her body...

Have her cremated and dump her ashes in a porta-john. She gets sucked out, taken to the local sewage treatment plant and then burried with all the rest of the town's shit. A fitting ending.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Reed

you are one strange cat.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
HE DID LEAVE THE CONGREGATION WITH POINTS TO PONDER

12 out of thousands,,,,,,gives a head start to the afterlife and his new life, TK U MLJ LV NV

mark73107mark73107almost 6 years ago
What story did you read?

ReedRichards, where in this story did he state that he hated his children?

When he left the church he had one of his daughters on his arm.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
Anon 11/05/17

It says, "I know it is unusual for anyone besides the priest to speak at a funeral, but I insisted." And there goes your argument. Consider:

1.) It's an unusual situation.

2.) He insisted.

Do you think the priest isn't going to allow the husband of the deceased to speak after what he (the priest) helped transpire? Get real.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 6 years ago
He doesn’t say he hates the kids. He hates (or at least won’t forgive) his wife. And he obviously...

...hates the men she slept with. But he never says he hates the kids. It’s obvious with how he walks out with Rachael.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 6 years ago
So, this ‘man’ supposedly loved the children . . .

. . . he reared and always believed were his, and then because it turns out they weren’t, he suddenly hates them?

Because that’s what happened! He trashed their mother, whom they all loved, and essentially wrote them out of his life, when he’s 65 years old. The kids won’t hate their mother; they’ll be angry and have no respect for their father.

This was an extreme flash ending, but the comments say more about the commenters than the story does.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1 star for two reasons,

Instead of rebutting the theologicslly incorrect assertions made that H10wimmper atrributes to the priest, you continued it.

Second, the Catholic Church's rules are clear. The priest or deacon does the homily, no one else gets to deliver a sermon. He could talk at the reception, or as next of kin he could just have no catholic burial rite, have her creamated and scatter her ashes. The state will require the body to be desposed of, else we'd be up to our elbows in sons of bitches and cunts like this wife. If he refused to do anything with the body, a funeral home would follow the wishes of whoever paid. (Presumably one of the children.) If he tried to stop that and leave her body to rot, the state authorities would step in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
just shows the hypocrisy that goes on

and what sluts women are

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Oops!

Forgot one very minor thing. Although he could insist on speaking or no funeral, IF anyone still wanted to after his revelations, they could have still had a memorial service without his permission, it wouldn't even have to be in a church.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Suspension of Disbelief

Although I've commented on this many times, and it is CERTAINLY better than the original, I've come to the conclusion that it requires too much suspension of disbelief.

NOBODY questions why, if they're not supposed to talk to him about because he'll be embarrassed/humiliated, that she is telling EVERYONE about it, thereby humiliating him!

NOBODY questions why ALL of their children were fathered by someone else, including his own brother?!

His FATHER never questions any of this? As I said before, there is no way a father wouldn't speak to his son about this, embarrassment or not!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Just reread

the original. This version rights a wrong.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
On further thought

without reading all the way through the comments, she committed murder. It's almost the same as she killed him 45 years ago. She stole his life from him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Not a snowball's chance

in hell my parents would keep quiet about something like that.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 7 years ago

I dido TwoCrows... But the other married men need some serious pain. Naming all for DNA paternity testing leading to reimbursement law suit for the upbringing of his 4 non-biological kids. Other than Rachael it seems the other three kids do not care they were duped and perpetrated their mothers charade. Max should have spat on the coffin for all to see to making a pointed symbol all will forever remember.

He should have been given notice to his brother that he needs to be looking over his shoulder hence forward! I hope this went to the Bishop to pull that stupid priest - actually the holy plate offering will soon take its toll.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 7 years ago
decisions, decisions

I'm torn:

Do I have her buried so that I can regularly piss on her grave?

Or do I have her cremated then take her ashes to the old homestead and dump them in the outhouse?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
That's like

A man.

enjayemenjayemabout 7 years ago
Powerful

piece of writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
fantastic

FAR better ending than the original .

thank you .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
both bad

she was whore wife; loved only her cunt (good job Ohio; terrible plot)

BobNbobbiBobNbobbiabout 7 years ago
Incredibly Powerful . . .

. . . vignette. Great job of writing Ohio.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5

Great story!!! Reminded me of annony.'s wife and his life. Eat shit annony!

enjayemenjayemover 7 years ago
I'm torn

between two endings. The original is a good " flash" ending. Brief, to the point and a little twist. The alternate is a little more satisfying. At least he gets some payback.

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
good story

why, because it tells a story that probably is going on everywhere today. Baby girls are taught at a very early age, to go kiss uncle Frank and give him a hug and tell him you love him. or go hug daddy, and give him a kiss. They have no idea what they are doing, let alone know what love is. They are trained to lie, from infancy. They are trained to be as pretty as they can be to attract boys. You all know this. At 9 years old, they are heavily into make up. Look, I'm a guy, and I know my kids had me wrapped around their fingers early on, but I knew it, and reacted accordingly. You guys know the looks your daughter gave you when she wanted something, that was just practice for when she grew up.

Ok, so why the tirade here? I read a re-write of the story, where I commented that perhaps the hubby had a sperm count problem, or perhaps some other deficiency that would prohibit him from having children, and the wife figured it would kill her husband to find this out. In the re-write, the letter contents were not revealed, and I felt that what she did was so wrong that there had to be a good reason. Other commenters just jumped on her without thinking, or knowing what was in the letter. So, I more or less played devils advocate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5+

Well annony at least we know why you are like you are. A slut whore wife who gave you what 3 kids none of your own!!!! You are a dumb fucking ass wipe would sucks and swallows!! hehehehehehe.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonover 7 years ago
Finding the original:

I've requested a couple of times that when a continuation or alternate ending is posted, the editors add a link to the original at the head of the continuation. That doesn't seem to be happening, so here is the link for this one: https://www.literotica.com/s/a-loving-wife-dies

CreeperclawCreeperclawover 7 years ago
@ Tootight1

Ohio mentions the original story and author, simply google them together and you'll find the original story and the contents of her letter. The fact of the matter is that she was a self absorbed whore. She chose him as a husband because he was safe, earnest and loving. She chose to fuck around simply because she enjoyed sex from more than one man. Her husband worked hard and late providing for her and the family, so much so that she got herself pregnant with other men during her most fertile times. She didn't really love or respect him, she just had a good thing going and didn't want anyone to ruin it. By the point she confesses she was going to die anyway so there was little use in keeping up the charade any longer.

If you love someone you tell them the truth even if it hurts. Going by that logic SOMEONE in the story should have told him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

The lawsuits I would start against the four kids fathers would start immediately and unless I was in really bad shape financially than I would give most to them and the grand kids. You would always love them as your own children but the men that were their biological fathers should have supported them . That's between 33 and 40 years between them all. Any photos with her in it would be destroyed and the home and stuff in it would be sold off ASAP. That is the worst because he never had a chance to be mad so now all the men he knows who stabbed him in the back would be his target. No one could be that dumb to believe he knew but didn't want to talk about it. I probably would have just a mass to tell all and end the shraded

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
5*

I read this before, but I have always been fascinated with it. Why, does it matter? He was obviously fucking his wife, as he thought the kids were his. Over the years, after what 4 kids, still none were his, leads to a question. Was she a slut, that depends on your definition. Over 45 years, and 21 men, 21 men they knew. I don't think he could have any kids, and to make him feel complete she had kids that he would believe were his. This whole story reeked of something that just didn't resonate with real life, unless it was something else. It's easy to say that cheaters always get caught, and they usually do, but I don't think I would classify this as cheating.

Assume that hubby was impotent, and she sensed it, or was told by a doctor, and asked the doctor not to tell him. Why? Because she knew it would kill him to know he couldn't have kids, a family. There would go the marriage, his life, her life, and their happiness. They did indeed love each other. I don't know why the letter wasn't put into print here for us, maybe to make us think, I don't know. Were it me that had to write that letter I sure would have put down the reason, and it doesn't make sense if it isn't there.

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Just way too exaggerated of a slut.

Such deep betrayal, such obvious contempt, such despicable brother even.

Hell, it was so over the top that I thought you would have her fucking the priest too.

It was almost comical just how big of a whore you made her.

At least the story was short.

MullendersMullendersover 7 years ago

heudogg becouze she was dead anyway did she realy have to take his view of his wife with him did she realy have te let him know he lived his live for a lie thats what the paster told her to do so yes i do see the anger towards him and him being a man of god you say did god get down from heaven and said you can speak for me ? no he proberly did not so those sons of bitches should just shut the fuck up and yes that includes the pope another one of those selfrightious assholes who think they can speak for someone while that person/god/being whatever gave them permision to

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 7 years ago
what gets me is the anger at the pastor

you condemn the pastor for doing what pastors do, then show respect to GOD?

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
AT LEAST HE FOUND OUT WAY LATE

and those who wronged him prepare for the reckoning, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a fitting end to a common slut and adulterer

5* for a much better ending, altho I think three men need to pay years of child support to him, and each be sued for alienation of affection or whatever that rule is in some PC jurisdictions

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Confession

One thought is puzzling me:

If she needs to confess then she knows she did something wrong, so if she is such a good person, why did she do something so wrong?

Tootight1Tootight1over 7 years ago
loved the story

Before there was DNA testing, the only way to tell if the wife cheated, was maybe blood type, or a different color showed up, or the wife told hubby. With this in mind, how many of the commenters are actually children of a whore of a mother? I'm certainly not saying that what she did was right, but at the same time I'm not prepared to send her to hell for what I don't know. It's easy to point a finger when it's not at ourselves, it's done everyday, everywhere. What the story never reveals, is the why. I think that was the purpose of it. just to show what most people are like.

A good story, indeed it is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
4* Nice short ending...

To an outrageously outlandish story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Comments

@Tw0Cr0ws:

My point wasn't so much about keeping it a secret, I agree with you that there were too many people "in the know" for it to be a REAL secret.

My point was that if the reason for nobody to talk to him about it was to spare him humiliation, then why humiliate him by telling everyone he holds dear?

Actually,my biggest bitch is with his parents, particularly his father! If my daughter-in-law told me that she had not only cheated on my son, but fathered multiple children by other men, I wouldn't give a shit what she said about not "humiliating" him by not talking about it, AFTER reaming her a new asshole, I would call my son in and ask him how he could be such a wussy as to go along with such a thing. I would then expect and encourage him to kick his wife's ass! And if I found out my OTHER son was one of the men, I would dis-own him!

I think I said it earlier, but I agree with KarenE's comment that there should have been a scene with at LEAST Rachel, if not all the children, told their mother how disgusted they were with her,and walk out and leave her to die alone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Tell him you are not a virigin

That is what the priest told her to tell Max and only that. Here is your reason. Maybe there in fact for sure problem that she had if a chemical imbalance she could have possibly seen a M.D. for help if mental problems a shrink. I don't go along with this Catholic thinking that how serious the crime ask the Priest for a confession she gets Lt and goes out whoring possibly the next day now that is a total load of crap. Max and his lawyers should have a field day with this. Charged should be brought against all involved make the men pay for having to raise there children make them pay big Ruin them any and every way you can,destroy there families there reputations Cut There Balls Off At there Knees. Now everyone knows how the Catholic Church hated Negative publicity. Go after the Church put the pressure on and keep it on sooner or later they will pay BIG. TIME to shut you up. If I offended anyone with my thoughts and what I would do all I can say is Tough. Shit.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wow this guy is pathetic.

Reality check. No priest would require a letter. He might suggest a confession, but it is not required. Nor would a priest tell the husband that her salvation was dependent on his forgiving her - IT IS NOT. If Martha confessed her sins to God and was forgiven through Christ Jesus, and with a truly repentant heart asked for forgiveness, her salvation is secure. She will be in heaven for eternity.

Salvation is not a reward for good behavior, or something you win by good works, it is a GIFT freely given to those who seek it. Regardless of their SIN, frequency or severity not withstanding. She is the point of the prostitute story of forgiveness. He who has not sinned.

Max is the one most in danger of hell fire and ALWAYS has been. Martha desired and asked for forgiveness through repentance. She WILL receive it. Unless Max does forgive, he will not. He desecrated the church with his anger and hate, he deliberately caused pain through his actions, he has an unforgiving and unyielding self-righteous heart. Unless he seeks the same forgiveness Martha did, he will fall under the same condemnation he would place on her, one that she has already escaped. None of it through her actions, all through his own.

Never forget, we are not responsible for what happens to us, but we are responsible for how we react to it. Forgiveness and love, or anger and revenge. One way leads to Heaven the other to Hell.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Much better than the original ending. Too bad she didn't live longer

so he could make her suffer more for her sins.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

Thanks for the effort.

Tootight1Tootight1about 8 years ago
good story

it is a good story, just by looking at the comments. People do things for a reason, maybe not all good reasons, but do them anyway. What the story left out, was that reason. there seems to be a purpose in that. Everyone is quick to judge other people and paint the worst picture possible. The fact that the reason was never stated, leaves an open book to any reader, and the comments reflect that.

I will not say that their thoughts are wrong, but rather hasty. Putting myself in the hubbies position, I probably would have reacted the same way, although I hope I wouldn't. There had to be a reason. A mistake happens, I understand that, but a continuance of that mistake, is something else. I believe that she loved her husband, or she wouldn't have stayed with him as long as she did. She was obviously attractive enough to get other men. A whore, Slut, I don't think so.

If this story was a true to life story, then a person could check and maybe find out what the problem was, but as it is, all we are left with is the few facts she wrote down.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
@ sbrooks103 04/20/16

re:

If she wants to spare him humiliation, shouldn't she be keeping it secret?

Keeping it a secret?

That many people keeping a secret for that long?

He was oblivious to all the smirking?

As the saying goes "Three people can keep a secret, as long as two of them are dead"

The whole premise of the story is that it is an openly known secret.

?????

That's like warm ice, or dry water.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Re:Telling Him

Let me see if I have this right - Don't talk to him about this, because he will be humiliated, BUT I will humiliate him by telling you all about it?!

If she wants to spare him humiliation, shouldn't she be keeping it secret?

joln321joln321about 8 years ago

She confessed to the Priest, That is a confession between her and God with the Priest as an intermediary. As this is a story, I would expect an epilogue that the Priest was kicked out of the Church followed by a whole bunch of divorces. I knew of a cul-de-sac and read it in the newspaper of where at least 8 houses the parents were all involved in a swingers club. They all got busted by the Police one night at the local High School's swimming pool in various compromising positions when a patrol car noticed all the cars parked near a side entrance, he went in and called for a paddy wagon. One or more of them were teachers. during the next year there was a bunch of divorces and the children of those families had no idea as to who their fathers really were. Imagine, friends and or acquaintences were actually brothers or sisters, etc. . depending on DNA results. It left a horrible mess of who was who.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Re-Reading

I question those who while they MAY believe that HE accepted her cheating and foisting other men's children off on him, how they can accept her sleeping with his BROTHER, how his FATHER could have accepted it without questioning it, and how the children, who apparently DID love him as a "father", could not talk to him about it

mmk778mmk778over 8 years ago
hello

what a pain what a pain man can't live or dead so great work on words

Tootight1Tootight1over 8 years ago
2nd read

still a good story. never read the original. I'd like to play devils advocate here a little. Not being given any information on how their lives were, or what their medical conditions were when they were married, or even what their frame of mind was, I can see the overwhelming evidence against her, and understand most of the comments. could I as a guy father a child, let alone 4 of them to someone else, and not be there, let alone not care. then live with someone else my whole life. Does it happen, I'm sure it does, but not in my world, that I know of. There is so much that is unsaid, that as bad as it seems, there has to be a logical explanation to the whole thing.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 8 years ago
Lived like a whore and died like a whore

the only thing the pastor did wrong was he didn't pour holy water on the whore and burn her at the stake.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous