All Comments on 'A Mage's Tale Ch. 20'

by NeoShade

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
WOW

I have to admit I am kind of stumped on where this is all going. I get the big picture but the small stuff is still not there. Please keep righting.

AZslyderAZslyderabout 6 years ago
Mixed Feelings

I've enjoyed following this storyline as it twists and turns, but for the love of all things unholy get an editor. Every last chapter is a grammatical train wreck.

kuhpa01kuhpa01about 6 years ago
A Really Fine Story

But, following this tale all the way through took a good bit of effort. I don't think that a great many people have stuck with it the whole way, based on the consistently low number of comments after each chapter. And those sounded like they were from the same people each time, mostly complaints about spelling and grammar.

The author switched gears a couple of times, almost to the point that it seemed to be different authors. It seemed like Author A wrote a light weight stroke story, followed a couple of chapters later by Author B writing a much more serious Fantasy Adventure story. Evidence of this in the last couple of chapters is the major change from the style of a smart-ass wise guy mage talking smack to the style of a much more serious Devil Lord giving Roman sounding names to his new additions to House Lexus.

Add to that the completely new, Greek sounding name for the Gorgon in Chapter 19. And in this latest chapter, the name is switched back to the original.

In the early chapters, there was an opening monologue from the Hero, setting the stage and bridging from the previous chapter. They almost sounded like the author was answering critics of the previous chapter, to a degree. I found this to be interesting and similar to what I have seen elsewhere. Then it stopped, which I felt was a major shift in style, but it only lasted for a few chapters.

Someone commented that the author might not have English as a native language. And after reading that comment, I noticed something of a pattern to the spelling errors which made me think they were phonetic, he's where it should have been his, for example. There are writing tools available that transcribe the spoken word to typed word. For these tools to be really effective, the diction and pronunciation of an author are of paramount importance. Speaking English with a Hispanic accent would present a real challenge.

Of course using these tools requires the use of an editor to correct those rather simple errors that occur. Which was the great recurring complaint after each chapter, the terribly obvious absence of an editor. Those chapters where an editor was employed were much easier to read.

While this chapter ends without a resounding victory of Good versus Evil, it does clearly mark the end of this portion of the story. I do not expect a Chapter 21. Instead I would expect that the author will stop, take some time to relax and recharge before writing more. Certainly the groundwork has been laid for a lot more adventure to be had and enjoyed by the readers.

Overall, this was a really good story, well thought out with very interesting characters. I got a good amount of enjoyment from reading this Mage's Tale. My thanks to you NeoShade.

SN88SN88about 6 years ago
Continue

I agree with kuhpa01, writing style did change with several chapters and continue on to chapter 21 or a part 2 chapter 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
bad grammar

Truthfully, the bad grammar and syntax is kind of grating. It requires reading ahead and thinking back to figure out what you're saying. That said, your story is amazing. You weave the larger plot together with a number of subplots very well, keeping everything together. You're a prince/princess. You'd be a king/queen with more appropriate langusge skills. An editor would be amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Grammar and spelling

I find it really funny, that all of those comments complaining about spelling and grammar, each have a glaring fault in either or both. Like, you complain about other people's bad habits, and all the while doing the same thing yourselves😂 Anyhow, loved the story, despite it being a chore to read most times. Will be keeping an eye on this profile for future updates or admissions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Carpe Diem

Great story, pacing and uniquely a main character who explosively builds value out of any situation! Thanks!

gauntlet211gauntlet211almost 6 years ago
Great story!

The story is really great, while i would like to fix some of the grammer, the story kept me despite it. So please keep it up, im looking forward to more :)

tj1976tj1976over 5 years ago
This is a very interesting story

Any spelling or grammar errors are not enough to interfere with the story.

The characters are well developed

Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
will you ever continue?

Please

Brandon11Brandon11about 3 years ago
Mage’s Tale

I would love to see you continue this series!!!

Jimdog32526Jimdog325268 months ago

It's a shame this series will never be completed. I really enjoyed reading it. It was a really interesting story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNeoShade@NeoShade
18 yrs... amazing. I will be posting a new series in the coming months.. For all those following me.. thank you. This series will NOT continue any of the work I have on this site or any other... sorry. Years ago I had much planned and saved to be posted continuing on Inkwe...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES