All Comments on 'A Man is What He Hides'

by darkoverlord6

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 5 years ago
So in the end, he was worse than David.

Because at least he thought everyone was consenting while Josh knows he raped one woman and fucked over 2 others.

Admiralbird348Admiralbird348over 5 years ago

Yes I guess so but it was left a little muddled. I expected it to end by his wife walking through the door. That would have left him no better than his mom. Good story though.

Birdstheword1Birdstheword1over 5 years ago
Worthy of a Sequel or Series

Great job. There's so many directions you could go with this story. I honestly think it's worthy of multiple parts. Like you could have him spiral out of control then be confronted by the wife but then he'd tell her that he knows that she didn't tell him what happened to her. Or he could get so used to abusing Ashley that it starts to affect how he treats his wife, there's a big falling out then he has to go find his Mother and confront his demons so that he can grow as a person. Or you could even have the situation with Ashley develop to where she's tired of being humiliated and wants a real relationship with him and they develop feelings for each other and she decides to change and become a better person. So many possibilities.

darkoverlord6darkoverlord6over 5 years agoAuthor

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my story. I sort of saw this story as an exploration of one facet of how revenge can be as damaging to the person seeking it as it is to those he or she would visit it upon. I may not have been as clear in my narrative as I had intended to when showing that Josh ends up worse than the people he is trying to punish. I'm thinking now I should have explored his character more from an earlier point so that we would have witnessed his corruption with more context. I threw in the remembrances of his childhood to give him even more reason to slide into darkness. I may have missed the mark a bit, but I still think the story makes the point I was trying to convey.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
sorry, not sorry

men marry to secure a family legacy. they really don't need or want a wife. a man can pack up and go wherever, whenever, for whatever reason. women are vulnerable during child-bearing years. they are dependent on either a husband, family, or a society.

the wife made bad choices and got...raped? it's a grey area. the drugging is obviously wrong. she is a victim in some areas, and accountable in others. but she failed at something so basic and so important to her family creation. what's more, she hid it from her husband. she was already on a road of shame, blackmail, and eventually enjoying the forced sex to cope....to the point it's no longer forced.

husband saw all that and meted out justice accordingly. all the truly evil people were handled. and the wife was left in the dark, just like she left the husband in the dark.

I enjoyed the story, and my take-away is the husband handled a very complex issue with finesse. The wife's screw up never gets out and causes their divorce, she will no longer be blackmailed by her assailants, her deceit to 'protect her hubby' (really herself) are going to be what the hubby uses now to 'protect her' from his fun with her 'best friend'. truthfully, if she had more love and faith in her hubby, she'd call for that rape test kit. it'd be messy, but it'd salvage her relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Please write part two to this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Stfu. 5 stars end of story

That dude was a legend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Finish

Great story but needs a great finish. Ending is lame.

I give it 4 stars...............please do a part 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
How Much Longer Until...

Someday Polly will walk into Josh's office and catch Josh with Ashley bent over his desk. Or Aaron or David see to it that word gets through Josh's business circle that Josh's wife, Polly, is a whore? Or word comes down from the loffy executives? When Josh stooped to Aaron, David and Ashley's depths, that put Josh in the sewer with them. How much longer will Polly stay with him when she finds out the truth. And with Ashley still working for the company, but Aaron and David gone, she will be able to put all the pieces together for a very ugly picture.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
3 Stars

Good Story until the rushed ending. Redo the entire ending. Wife deserves some retribution for not telling him. David needs more for lying. Aaron really needs more than quitting. Ashley's punishment is ok but he is leaving himself wide open for destruction. To bad FTDS isn't still around, he could finish it properly for you.

timrivtimrivover 5 years ago

With what he is doing to Ash her lowers himself to the level of the others. Polly would be hurt terribly when she found out about his cheating. She was drugged so not responsible for what she did. Her not wanting to tell him was understandable as she was in effect a rape victim. Josh is also rapist and should and probably would end up divorced, fired and in jail.

Rickman48Rickman48about 5 years ago
What evil

Lurks in the hearts of men. Who can know it? Check Provebs 6:34.

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2about 5 years ago
cheating is wrong no matter the gender or reason

two wrongs don t make it right

1* 100 limp dicks and an upset stomach

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21about 5 years ago
This story is just that!

The idea his wife is a cheater has him turning into a different type of person. Writer you stop short and allowed him to think others were bad. You even made reasons for everyone else to be bad.

You skipped over She knew something happened and she didn’t tell her husband.

That was making a short sided view of your story or did you just want him to be Bad?

2 stars. Or that made reason for his actions. Yes he did bad things like the others who did them to him. Yes I said to him which includes his wife. Will he have the same reaction when or if she is confronted.

Your point of view is not impartial.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
so his wife was raped

He lets the men who raped her off the hook for any criminal charges and cheats on his wife despite being angry at her originally for the same thing.

What an idiotic story about a cuck loser.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Pathetic

So your protagonist ends up being the most disgusting character in your little drama. He certainly had a lot to hide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stupid story!

His mother cheated on his father so his father divorced her and the son turns into a opportunist rapist? What bullshit!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Well

Well,did Aaron resign and Josh ever mention the video to his wife?.

amygdalaamygdalaover 3 years ago

I’m conflicted on this? What about the wife? Will there be no communication about what happened? Did the Aaron guy resign? How is fucking Ashley punishing her, She seems to be enjoying it?

Beast1961caBeast1961caover 2 years ago

I'd love to read a sequel where he confronts his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow so I’m confused his wife was raped an instead of punishing the guys an getting them prosecuted he decides to be a cheating rapist instead. Where’s pollys justice or revenge for her RAPE , he’s going to continually cheat on his wife wen the only thing she did wrong was get RAPED I don’t get y he’s treated his wife with such contempt. Please write another chapter where the wife finds out an screws him for everything

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Dark Indeed

I'll paraphrase: "When planning revenge, dig two graves." Seems this applies to this story as the MC goes very dark in his response to the rape of his wife. Polly is the victim of a confluence of coulda/shoulda/woulda errors and failure to take corrective action when Ashley sets up her own sexual tryst for selfish gain. The MC wreaks havoc on the three guilty parties, and destroys himself. The marriage is next with the final victim being Polly, the innocent first victim. Very interesting story and very dark indeed. It is both appealing and off-putting.

Keep 'em comin'.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

good until he basically raped Ashley. should raped Aaron

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story and I give it 5 stars. I thought that Josh was destroyed in the end by his own quest for revenge. By almost raping Ashley in her home and fucking her there and getting her a promotion with an office with a view and knowing he can fuck her whenever he wants to, Josh sank as low or lower that Aaron or David ever did. His wife, Polly, who only fucked Aaron in a drug induced stupor, does not deserve the cheating husband she now has. I believe that his relationship with her has been damaged as well as evicence by the way he fucked at home in the end. It is a sad story of how revenge can change a person and destroy them. The correct response to this party would be to make sure Aaron, David and Ashley no longer work for the company. Then just get past this and move on. But that did not happen. I know this will come up and bide Josh in the ass. It is only a matter of time. Sad story. Wonderful story by DARKOVERLORD6. There is a lesson in the story for all who read it.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

Polly knew what happened by the next day when David comes by to tell her that if she tells anyone about what happened, he will send the video to her husband. She knows something happened when Ashley sends her the text telling her that she believes that Aaron will destroy the video and that she was sorry for what happened. But Polly got home and did not tell her husband that Aaron fucked her????? And all those other people watching her as she fucked Aaron at the party and were from other companies at the conference. The word will get out that Polly is a whore and she fucked Aaron in front of a bunch of people at a party. It is a small world in the executive ranks of a business world. Word will get out. Polly was a whore and a lot of people outside of the company know it. They do not know that she was drugged and should not be held responsible for what she did. But the word will get out. And Polly should have told Josh what happened as soon as she got home from the conference. Polly was wrong in trying to keep this all a secret when she arrived home. Josh was wrong in taking advantage of Ashley and making her his fuck toy at work, Polly will be destroyed when she learns that Josh is fucking Ashley at work, and she will find out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The only one hurt in all this is polly she gets raped an her husband becomes a cheating rapist he has no moral high ground I don’t give a shit about his past get therapy instead of ruining innocent peoples lives

servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Does not make any sense whatsoever... 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow his wife gets raped an instead of helping her through that an getting justice he turns into a rapist makes no sense polly needs to run far an fast she’s married an unstable monster

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Not adequate revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A complex, dark story with big moral undertones. Well-conceived and written.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

No one ended up winning here.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No where near enough revenge taken. The MC is a big puss.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Takes anger out on his wife who was drugged and raped but doesn’t do much to the rapist or the woman who drugged her. He does become what he fears

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Strange.

Is this the superior Aryan race that claims to have conquered the world? Where is the moral ethical high ground?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdarkoverlord6@darkoverlord6
2174 Followers
New Writer with interest in Science Fiction , Fantasy, and Horror genres. Grew up on Godzilla and Ultraman back in the Seventies. I guess Im kind of a nerd, love Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, and watching classic 1950's sci fi movies. Got into writing on Literotica as a...