All Comments on 'A Marriage in Trouble'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Thank you...

I enjoyed reading your story. I should get my wife to read it. Thank-you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

You spelt Jennifer right twice! Shitty editing.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Very good

You have to wonder if they really will make it together as a couple or if it is just for the kids.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Hard to believe

that anything could come of the counseling. She never saw herself as wrong and just as soon as she gets a chance to catch her breath, it will be someone else's fault again. It will be hard to break through that and harder for her husband to stick around and put up with it, even if he is living somewhere else. He still has the kids to worry about.

Good premise, shows thought. Hope it works.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 9 years ago
Good twist in the tale

I was sucked into thinking it was the same old story. Nicely pulled round and positive finish. Well done.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
ANY PORT IN A STORM

and then keep bailing to survive. TK U MLJ LV NV

ham_sandwichham_sandwichover 9 years ago
Just like real life!

I hope there's going to be more. Five stars!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
You telegraphed that one just a bit early...

not the specifics, just that it wasn't what she thought... But it was still enjoyable and different...

auhunter04auhunter04over 8 years ago
dont

I don't see her changing ONE BIT. She has been ragging on his and their kids in years. It is gonna take more than just a chat with her sister to make her see the light.

He rolled over too easy too. He has lots of issues to deal with caused both by wifey and his own acts and reactions.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Interesting Story

As the AA folk, the first step is to recognize you have a problem. It is tough to give up old habits, but some do and others don't. Good luck to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
stupid

Theres no explanation for whats going on which is kind of necessary when enjoying the blame game. Just that everyones angry, and its all her fault. No examples nothing

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Truly A Good Story, But...

There are so many holes...so many unanswered questions...no real foundation...such a lack of details. This doesn't even seem like it was written by the same writer that has given us such wonderful stories. This needs so much work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I do not understand the criticism

I held my breath while reading this story. Everything not only made sense but was clear.

You wrote this story in a way that allowed me to sense the turmoil, to feel the pain, the trouble the long frightening path ahead

But I would be taking the journey alone

POWERFUL WAY OF BRING TO LIFE ONE'S IMAGINATION

In a story such as this one detailing every nuance would diminish the experience your style induced my mind to feel

Thank you

fisheronefisheroneover 7 years ago
Needs to continue

I think we need to see these two families a year down the road and the changes that were made. It is situations we have all heard of ir faced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Duh

A woman is a support system for a cunt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A very nice hopeful vignette.

But it probably could have been avoided. Debra was probably a bitch from day one, but hid it from Jack until she got him to the marriage altar. Of course Jack participated in his own deception, due to Debra's good looks, faked charm, and studied deception to hide her selfish juvenile entitled attitude. And the sex. She fucked, she made and cared for babies, she fucked and cared for Jack, physically, so she felt entitled to make Jack pay. I think it must happen a lot.

The prevention of the deception is to focus on respect, attitude, and values, rather than physical beauty and sex. If you want to be sure your spouse is going to be an intelligent respectful ethical partner, you must test their intelligence, ethics, and their self respect before you are married. Its painful. But if your relationship can't handle the stress of being a good decent human being before you are married, marriage will push you right over the edge, bringing out all the weakness and negative baggage you tried to hide from you prospective mate. Its the first and most serious deception that eventually leads to the failure of the relationship.

Debra and Jack are probably finished, but its a nice gesture to make it look like they might make it. Let's hope they do.

wieliczkawieliczkaover 6 years agoAuthor
On the last comment ....

As the DECADES have passed, I can clearly say that I really had no clue that my present (and only ) wife was really an overpowering full-of-herself 'I am always right' bitch, level 8 out of 10. Cancer, kids leaving home, dealing with a daughter-in-law that had her own issues, growing older.... have all caused her (and me) to grow and mature. Hindsight is great and is my source of wisdom to another generation (at times). I try to make and teach a healthy peace. As a younger person, no fuckin' way could I identify the crap I was going to live with.

Failure of relationships? It's about values. My kids were more important than me. Now, it's my grandchildren that are more important than me, BUT I DON'T HAVE TO BE THEIR MAIN SUPPORT. And their parents are doing better than I was at that age. Those are my values. Nothing is static. Not all relationships are hopeless. Take care in life, Wieliczka

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I’d of moved out long ago. You can’t fix what do not want to be fixed, and she didn’t want to be fixed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Different

Well written and interesting. 5

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Problems can be dealt with if and only if recognized

She changed too fast

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

Nice fairy tale. Therapy doesn’t work.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

Good story, to often bad attitude/behavior (not cheating) by one of the spouses can cause a marriage to fall into turmoil. In this case he took action to seek help with the issue and got his wife to go down another path.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Okay story. Needed more background for the reader to know what was happening. We can only guess, we have no idea.

Scores 3/5

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

Wow !Kick in the v part. Life story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nicely done, exposing how people's unfaced fears and uncertainties can destroy the good things they have in their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely no clue why she is worth the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a great guy!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Agree with Wargamer that there's really no information why the wife started thinking as she did... or why he had to find professional help. Also, nothing written about what happened down the road. Without this, there's only guesswork on the 1st part & nothing really on the 2nd. And for that, unlike that commenter below me, I'm only giving this 2 stars for this far from complete story. Bob

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

A twist on a cheating story, it just didn’t read quite right to me, sorry, can’t tell you how or what doesn’t click.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...

SIMILAR Stories