All Comments on 'A Master's Ring: Book 02'

by elsol

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
idle musings

Thanks for the 2nd installment. Quite a different twist from part 1. The further delving into David's part in the Brotherhood and the background on Alexander. I noticed you didn't include Jeremy very much, and you also had made a quote with David and Anna about how they don't really develop "Brother" friendships. During the first installment, it clearly seemed that Jeremy was both a Mentor and Friend. Was this change in heart done mid-writing?

Idle musings as the title stated. I enjoyed your second installment and appreciate the hard work that you have put into this creation.

Thanks for sharing,

SM

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Damn you're good.....

Look forward to your future chapters. Very complex story lines, characters with character, the proverbial book that you can't put down once you start reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Excellent continuation

Very good second part. David's background and the Brotherhood's plan for him are very interesting and I would like to see more. My only point of concern is David's relapse to his army days. The dialogue seems force when describing the throwing knives to relax and the master chief's explanation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Amazing

the title says it all, I have found few stories that take the time to make the characters real like this. I would compare it to Summer Camp, My inheritance, Pete, James. You have created a wonderful story line that if you continue at this pace and rate will be a favorite for years to come. There are published authors out there that show the talent and promise that I seen in your writing. Keep up the good work and I look forward to reading the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Once more amzazed and thankful

I waited, and I was not disappointed. I love to read anything that has quality about it; and you have qulaity in your work. The plots, the alluding to of information. I love it. I am addicted your characters are amazing and they keep evolving and becoming "real." Please keep it coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Keep 'em coming!

These books 1 and 2 are the best writing I have read in a long , long time. I can't wait for the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Thank you for such a wonderful piece

You are an excellent writer. Your characters are excellently developed and believable. I enjoyed the story, learned ways to improve my own writing and learned a lot of other things, too. This took a lot of time to write and I just wanted to say thank you.

John

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
Absolutely Amazing

In reading chapter 1 I considered this quite possibly the best erotic story I've ever read. I'm not even through all of chapter 2 and I'm wondering if this will be the best story of any genre I've ever read. I am in awe of how your writing has taken over every free moment for thought I have during the day.

As a former editor, though, I go absolutely bonkers at the out of place or extraneous words in the occasional sentence. I'm assuming you're not using someone else to even proofread your work before submitting it. You should change that. Even the greatest authors in history needed an extra set of eyes now and then.

Finally, a simple plea. Don't ever stop writing. You now have a duty to fulfill your potential.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Favourite's

A good writer is hard to find. When you find one you read their work over and over again. The reason you do this is because the stories that they create are so fascinating that you reveal something new each time. Everyone has read a story that is interesting. When you re-read a story because its so compelling you have found a good story. I devour books and have now read this particular story five times. I am impatiently waiting for the continuation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Like the psychology!

Shades of Vacchs? Keep writing but fire the copy editor.

SirbruteSirbruteover 12 years ago
Regret's

As I sit here enjoying the afterglow of reading 'A Master's Ring:Book 02' I find myself already regretting the fact that there is no Book 04.

Soon I shall start to emerse myself into Book 03 but in my heart I know as enjoyable as it is , an ending will soon find me.

Elso whomever you are.. well done..

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
over the top

the killing of the two men was over the top.I have been there and done that.Itsa lot easier than you think.make it quick have a backup to make sure there are no witnesses then leave quickly.other than that this is a great story.keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Five Stars

Very Good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great Piece of Art?

It was good. I hope the others will be great. Is this one great or not, you decide. It was good but not great.

GREGARIVSGREGARIVSover 3 years ago

One of the few stories I’ve read more than once!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

There are parts of this that are fantastic, but definite flaws too in my opinion. I have never found Rachel a compelling character unless it’s as an antagonist, and too much of the story so far hinges on her. I feel like we’re meant to be rooting for her to join but I’m really just relieved she’s hopefully finally gone. Everything that set her aside from the other girls was just stuff that was told to us, not shown. Almost all of her actions in the story were built on the foundation that David was ‘fascinated’ by her, but this fascination was never really justified to me as a reader. Nothing set her remotely apart as a character and she never really seemed to have all that much ‘chemistry’ with David either. I really think that if you were to ever to a rewrite or anything something in the first act needs to be reworked to better introduce her as a more compelling character. Either that or just get rid of her after the Taus debacle maybe? But everything after that I started glazing over most scenes she was involved in because it just felt like she was going in circles for the sake of drawing things out.

I also feel like the character of Michael needs a bit more meat so to speak. Currently he just feels like someone who basically has more sex with siblings than any brother, spends loads of the brotherhoods money, and even occasionally openly disrespects David. He acts more like a brother than a sibling, and seems to serve no purpose as a sibling either? I get that to some extent he shows some gender equality and stops it from becoming a full cliched harem. But as things stand currently he just servers to show how wishy washy the whole concept is, since he basically mooches off the brotherhood while providing almost no tangible benefit. Meanwhile some of David’s most compelling partners have been characters who weren’t initially siblings, and haven’t even yet become ones. Which in the end just makes the whole concept of siblings seem pointless to me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I like this story but some of it’s overkill. I’m just waiting for him to reveal his real name is Bruce Wayne. I mean come on. An orphan, ex-military/special forces, secret brotherhood member, special bloodline, pitiless murderer, and he has a harem? It’s a bit much.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous