A Mate to Howl For Ch. 10

Story Info
Jerry gets his punishment.
4.4k words
4.75
3.8k
5
4

Part 10 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/11/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters who engage in sex are to be considered over the age of eighteen years.

~~~

Leesburg, Georgia

The night before the trial

Alpha Anthony Rossi sat in his private office looking at several reports. He was deep in thought reading the evidence his men gathered about a growing pack of rogue Were's. It seemed a few wolves along with several cat breeds were hunting the northern states for Werebears and a rumored dragon. Anthony knew the whereabouts of a bear and a dragon. Three months ago, Colin Andrews along with Cullen Steiner had approached him with a request for sanctuary on his lands for two separate breeds of Weres.

Jericho, a Werebear, along with his mate Josephine wanted to settle down and have kids. Bears are territorial and with so few shifting bears left, Jericho wanted a safe haven to start a family. He approached Colin who contacted Cullen. The trio sat down and looked at a map of the United States and Canada. They narrowed possible locations and contacted Anthony. In the end, he agreed for the couple to settle on his pack lands and made a treaty with the Red Moon, Blue Moon, and his own South Mountain packs to accept that Jericho and Josephine would be traversing over pack lands and boundaries.

The three packs had been at peace since the Were War and understood that all shifting breeds had basic rights. The dragon, however, was a little more delicate. There are only three known dragons left in the world. They are not giant winged flying beasts, but fifty to hundred-foot snake-like creatures. They tend to hibernate and leapfrog through time. They had been hunted to near extinction in the last two centuries by man.

Diego Reyes was comfortable living in the Amazon, but deforestation disturbed his hole and he emerged after fifty years of sleep. Deciding to pick his battles, he fled north and encountered Colin and Yuri. While waiting in Texas he discovered Anne Lang at a grocery store and claimed her as his mate. Since she was human he agreed to remain human until he could change her. Anthony allowed them to live among his pack and aid Diego in transitioning Anne into life as a shifter.

A knock at the door brought his attention from the reports. "Enter." His cold voice rang out.

"Excuse me, Alpha. You wanted to know when Alpha Henry arrived. He and his men pulled in two minutes ago. Alpha Steiner and Alpha Ryle have placed them in a house in the southern part of the den." Council Enforcer Emily Granger said.

"Give me a few minutes and then you can drive me there. I am sure Cullen and Marcus have already set a security detail for them. But I don't want anyone approaching them other than Cullen, Marcus, and me. Inform the teams that deadly force shall be used." Anthony said, sounding grim.

When he found out that multiple high-level wolves were part of the sex trade, it took all his self-control not to frenzy and kill the lot of them. And when Dallas called to inform the council of survivors that could give testimony, he knew they would be a target. So the three of them decided to keep the information suppressed until they could be debriefed.

~~~

Leesburg, Georgia

The day of the trial.

Lawyer Bill Daniel had just walked back into the open-air courtroom inside the pole barn when Kathy Jennings approached him with a file in her hand. He could tell by the look on her face he was not going to like what she had. "What is this?" He asked taking the manila folder.

The deep-chested sigh leaving Kathy's chest was a blue to how bad the information contained inside was. "I'm afraid there are more charges against Alpha Richards. I literally was just handed these three minutes ago. I haven't read past the first page and I'm already physically ill." Kathy said.

Bill opened the folder and flipped the pages and images. His jaw tensed and deep down he wished he was not the lawyer assigned by the council. He took a deep breath and nodded to her. "I'm going to need a moment before we proceed." He glanced at his client and then the three enforcers and warriors behind him. With a slight nod, two more warriors approached.

Bill knew that as soon as these new charges were revealed that members of the pack could lose control and as much as his personal opinion of Alpha Jerry conflicted with his job, he could not let Jerry be attacked. He stepped to the table and set the folder down. Using two fingers he slid it to Jerry.

"What's this?" Jerry asked in a gruff voice.

"New charges," Bill said, adjusting his tie before unbuttoning his coat as he sat. "The evidence is damning. Is there anything you want to declare before the trial starts?"

"Yeah. I should have killed that whore when I had the chance." He said through gritted teeth as he tugged his arms upwards in an attempt to free himself. He started to thrash around until two hands landed squarely on his shoulders as the warriors held him to his chair.

"Let me go. I'll kill all of you. You have no authority or right to hold me like this. I am a good damn Alpha and gave rights!" he growled.

"Calm down!" Bill exclaimed, grabbing the papers on the table. "If you keep this up you will be restrained in a silver vest." Bill Warned. The Alpha Council had clear and concise rules in their court.

Before Jerry could reply, Alpha Marcus Ryle entered the courtroom. He narrowed his eyes and a moment later a gag was placed over Alpha Jerry's mouth. "I warned you earlier about respecting the rules of this court. I will not tolerate the outburst and disrespect. Council, please advise your client that the next outburst will result in him being placed in a silver vest and restrained to the pole." His voice carried the dominance of his position, and all the wolves present felt it, causing many to bow their heads in respect.

Alpha Jerry ceased his struggle, though he cursed under his breath. He glared at Bill and then at Kathy before a sinister smile formed. It was as though he had remembered something. Jerry leaned back in the chair and watched as the other judges and pack members started to file in.

Alpha Cullen remained in between Kathy and Bill's tables as the video meeting came back online and Alpha Rossi took a seat next to Marcus. Alpha Zane Evans of Colorado and Alpha Chance Tucker of Blue Mountain NY joined them. Alpha Carol Dement of Peace River Alberta Canada was the fifth and final judge.

"Are we ready to proceed?" Alpha Rossi asked.

"Kathy Jennings for the prosecution, we are ready, sirs," Kathy said as she stood and retook her seat.

"Bill Daniel for the defense would like to ask for an extension at this time." Bill requested.

"On what grounds?" Alpha Carol asked.

"We were just informed of new charges, ma'am." Bill once more smoothed his hand over his chest and tie.

Carol looked at a paper in front of her. "Request denied. We will continue with the current charges." She said with great finality.

"Understood, your honor," Bill said and sat down.

Alpha Marcus Ryle cleared his throat and called the trial to order. He used an alpha command on all those present as he reminded them of the penalty for disrupting the proceedings. As silence encompassed the barn, Beta Charles made sure all the alphas from all over the planet had a connection and access.

"Your honors Alpha Jerry Richards of the Davis pack located in Pike Arkansas is being charged with four counts of murder, five counts of treason against the Alpha Council, sixteen counts of sedation against the Were Council, three counts of abuse of his Alpha position, and thirty-two counts of rape of a minor. We are prepared to proceed in all of these counts," Kathy said.

"Does the defense have anything to say at this time?" Alpha Chase asked as he interlocked his fingers in front of his chest.

Bill leaned toward Jerry as Jerry nodded. Bill offered Jerry a pen and paper since he was currently gagged. Jerry wrote what looked like nine words. Bill read them and cleared his throat before reading the paper. "My client would like to address the court. I will quote his words. 'Fuck off, I do not recognize your authority here.' My apologies, your honors Bill added, clearly not keeping the same sentiments.

"Alpha Richards..." Marcus sighed. "These are very serious charges. And yet you want to proceed with this attitude. That is your prerogative. I will not tolerate blatant disrespect. Enforcer Garrett, please restrain Alpha Richards in the silver vest for the remainder of the trial."

The enforcer exited the area and returned three minutes later with his hands gloved and carrying a vest that had been lined with silver strips. After a momentary struggle, the vest was secured. Jerry was harnessed on the chair and the trial proceed.

One witness after another was called and compelled by the Council to tell the truth as they remembered it.

Hunter Lewis, Beta David Lewis's son, looked Alpha Jerry in the eyes as he retold the day they escaped the attack on the Paradise Fall pack. That was the day his father was killed and he watched through a family bond and even felt the betrayal his father did. At that moment he wanted to rip Jerry's throat out. If Cullen hadn't placed an alpha command on all the witnesses, he might have done just that.

It was well past lunchtime when the last witness was called and a break was given. The trial would be in recess for an hour. As Jerry stood, that sinister smile he had before the trial began returned to his features. It was Ivory who noticed his eye contact with a female in the crowd.

"Cullen, I need to speak to you." She said, placing her hand on his forearm.

~~~

Cullen paused mid-step and looked into Ivory's eyes. "What is wrong, my love?" He said using their mate bond. He could tell she was concerned.

Ivory leaned to her mate, interlocking her fingers with his as he led her out of the room. "I am not sure. But I saw Jerry give a woman a slight nod as if telling her something. It might not mean anything, but I have seen too many movies and TV shows not to say something." Ivory conveyed the image of the redhead she spotted.

"My love, there is nothing to be hesitant about. If you think or feel something is not right, it probably isn't. You are my mate and Luna so I will always listen and trust your instincts." Cullen kissed her knuckles as his eyes glazed over.

Cullen didn't need to look over his shoulder to know that three warriors were currently tracking the redhead and another two were instantly added to Alpha Jerry's detail. Cullen had not lived as long as he had by not being prepared. Jerry had numerous charges and most likely wanted to escape the death penalty that came with them. In the world they lived there are certain truths and trusts that must never be broken and Jerry had done just that. Children were not to be harmed, and women were to be cherished and respected.

~~~

Kathy was the first to enter the courtroom after the break. She had used the time to eat a footlong roast beef and cheddar sub that Iris, an omega from the kitchen, had personally brought to her. Kathy was in a solemn mood and honestly didn't want to be around anyone. She had eaten in the small office in the pack house successfully avoiding everyone.

As Kathy looked to the far end of the room, she became aware of someone watching her. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. Women are said to have a sixth sense, and Jathy has long since trusted hers. She connected to Cullen, letting him know she felt danger.

"Stay calm. We are here." Cullen's words filled her mind as she opened a folder, acting as though nothing was out of the ordinary. Kathy did not respond to Cullen. If she engaged in conversation her face would dull and whoever was watching would know they had been found out.

"Miss Jennings," a cold voice spoke from behind her chair.

"Yes," she answered, not looking fir the source. Kathy trusted Cullen and the council to protect her. "Give me a moment, please." She countered, setting her paperwork in the center of the desk before turning to see a beautiful brunette with blue eyes. There was something about her eyes that reminded Kathy of a little girl she once knew.

Shaking off the sensation she cleared her throat. "How can I help you?"

"It's I who can help you." Lola said, stepping to the right side of Kathy, putting her body between the unseen man and the woman. Lola was part of the Gray Lake pack from Michigan. She was in Florida on business when the council placed the announcement of Alpha Jerry's trial. Her alpha, Joseph Williams, asked her to attend since she was only two hours away.

When she arrived, she had spotted Darrin Montgomery. She was currently investigating him for three murders of various pack members from Canada and the upper Michigan. She had followed a hunch to Tallahassee and luck had brought her here. After calling her alpha, he had sent her to speak to Cullen. She finally caught up with him at the break. Once she debriefed the Alpha Council she went to speak to Kathy. But when she entered the room, a text message alerted her that both she and Kathy were in danger.

"Oh? What can you help me with?" Kathy asked. Kathy had an emotionless expression.

"I'm Tracker Lola Shaffer of the Gray Lake pack." She offered a smile as her hand extended. After a firm handshake, "Alpha Williams asked me to pass along this," she placed her hand in her jeans pocket and withdrew a USB drive. "He said that you requested information last week."

For a few pregnant seconds, Kathy studied Lola's face. And then she recalled the conversation she had last week. Just as she was about to reply she heard the ting of a text message. As she watched Lola reach in her pocket, she heard Cullen in her head telling her to get down.

Before Lola could fully read the message she watched Kathy's arm extend and her fingers wrap around her arm, pulling Lola to the floor.

Lola felt a sting and a burn as noise erupted around her. Lola's eyes narrowed on the red splatter on Kathy's cheek as voices surrounded her. For some odd reason, it sounded like the teacher from the old Charlie Brown cartoons, distant and distorted. Lola blinked once as a pair of strong hands rolled her on her back. The last thing she noticed was the scent of cedar and mint before she passed out.

~~~

Marcus Ryle and Carol Dement walked ahead of Anthony Rossi as they entered the courtroom. Two thing's were immediately noticed, the scent of blood and gunpowder. The trio didn't show a reaction. However, when Jerry Richards was escorted in seconds later he seemed to have a smirk as though gloating. His expression did not go noticed.

"If we are ready to proceed," Carol said as she sat down.

Jerry pulled on Bill's shoulder and spoke loudly. "If Miss Jennings is a no-show I would like to call a mistrial." He sounded confident and sounded smug.

Just as Carol narrowed her eyes a voice sounded from the back of the room. "Forgive my tardiness," Kathy panted. She walked to her desk, laying a hand on the back of the chair. She offered a semi-smile as an apology. She stood tall and looked as though she had just rushed from a shower. "I was slightly detained, your honors."

"Are you ready to proceed?"

"Yes," Kathy said firmly.

"The defense is ready as well." Bill said, looking across the courtroom to a disheveled Kathy. He suddenly had a bad feeling. He turned his chin just in time to see Valic and three other enforcers take Jerry by the arms and drag him to the punishment pole.

"Your honors," Bill questioned.

Anthony stopped him with a single finger. "This morning we heard the evidence," he reminded the court. "We are ready for sentencing. Alpha Jerry Richards, you have been found guilty on all charges. Before we pass sentencing, is there anything you would like to say?"

Jerry stood shoulder to shoulder with Valic and the others. He looked across the courtroom and paused where the red-headed woman should have been standing. It dawned on him that something was wrong. As he cleared his throat Marcus turned his attention to a side where several men and women were now being escorted.

"Alpha Richards, you are hereby stripped of your rank as Alpha of the Davis pack," Carol said. "In all my years I have never met such a vile man as yourself. We may be part animals but we are not beasts, and you Jerry are a beast. Trafficking in children is such a disgusting crime." She spoke with disdain in her tone.

Carol looked over the seven men and two women who will be sentenced with Jerry. "You ten are the reason we fight to protect our children. Men and women like you have no morals. May the Goddess take pity on you because we will not."

Anthony nodded and all ten were forced to their knees. "All of you will receive one hundred lashes, and then set free to clear Alpha Cullens lands before the families of the children and women you trafficked will be set loose to hunt you down. If you make his border first you are free to go. Except you, Jerry Richards. Your crimes are more severe. After your lashes, the survivors of the Paradise Fall pack, their mates, families as well as the survivors of the compound you supplied Weres to will each get two slashes with a blade of their choice. If any survivor present feels they cannot handle the punishment, they may have a champion aid them."

An eruption of voices was quickly silenced in the court as warriors and enforcers flooded the isles and doorway. "Oh and Jerry, the attacks you ordered on the witnesses were prevented."

It was two hours later when the seven men and two women were turned loose and then five minutes later howls erupted from the families who sought out their own justice, leaving Jerry to face thirty men and women and a table full of blades.

Alpha Dallas Henry stood next to Savannah, holding her hand. She nodded to Dallas as she approached Jerry. Her mind filled with images of him and the sick twisted things he did you her. She closed her eyes before clearing her mind. When her eyes opened she took a nine-inch hunting blade, holding his balls she sliced the blade severing his sack. The next swipe took his cock off in one smooth motion. "That is for all of us." She spat on his face as his body crumbled to the floor. She was grateful the gag muffled his screams.

~~~

Cullen and Ivory were the last to leave the pole barn. Ivory who had been protected all of her life had never seen anything like Jerry's death. She stood stoic, hiding her emotions, though Cullen would sense her unrest. Ivory interlocked her fingers and gave her mate a slight smile. "I'm okay," she sighed softly. "I guess seeing torture and death in a movie didn't prepare me for the true violence of what happened. I know he deserved far worse, but," her voice trailed off.

Cullen gave her the time she needed to get her thoughts together. He understood she was still very young and recovering from her own forced induction into womanhood. His hand tightened slightly, encouraging her to continue speaking. "I am here my love," he spoke through their mate link.

She inhaled deeply, filling her lungs with air as they walked in silence towards the dirt path behind the pack house. Before Cullen returned, Ivory would often use this path and find peace near the creek. "How is Lola?" Ivory asked, remembering the tracker who had been shot earlier protecting Kathy.

Lola had received the text message that they were in danger and her superior sense of smell alerted her to the gunman and the inbound council enforcers and warriors. Lola had placed her body in the path of the bullet seconds before Kathy would have been killed.

"Damian was able to stop the bleeding and she is recovering." Damian Knolls was the pack doctor as well as a surgeon at the local hospital. He was in the perfect position to cover any accidental exposure of any supernaturals. While Weres had a great ability to heal, there were times they needed outside help. "He said that with rest she will be on her feet in a day or two."

12