A Mate to Howl For Ch. 14

Story Info
Mangadoom.
12.4k words
4.63
2.8k
3
0

Part 14 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 02/11/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters who engage in sex are to be considered over the age of eighteen.

~~~

Two Years Ago

Tallahassee, Florida

"Colin, are you sure you don't want to handle this case?" Yuri said as he swirled the red wine in his hand. He had been asked by the Vampire Council to investigate a human who had been digging too deep into vampire affairs. Normally the council only sent Yuri on a case like this when they expected the human to disappear. Yuri however had grown bored with living under the rule of this council.

The Vampire Council was made up of seven vampires and rotated every fifty years. This particular group was a bunch of bloodthirsty assholes in his opinion. Yuri was over 2700 years old and tried to remain in the shadows. But with age came powers the younger creations had no access to. About 1500 years ago magic diverted from the vampires leaving them mainly with strength and speed. There were still a rare few who developed powers of the mind. Colin, Yuri, and the twins Marco and Micha Provinsky were among the seven elder vampires who could alter a human's mind. The twins were in Europe and that left Yuri and Colin.

"No," Colin said coldly. "I have a trip to Rio de Janeiro to meet with Galvin. He sent word to me that he is awake." There was concern in Colin's voice. Calvin was an ancient vampire who slept centuries away and only woke up in times of need. Galvin only reached out to Colin and Yuri when he did rise. It was a little-known secret that the three were related. And an even bigger secret to Galvin's real age.

"Shit. Do you need me to come with you?" Yuri asked, his body tensing. "The last time he woke up Cortez was burning Mexico to make way for his Pride. Damn nasty Were-Lion he was." Yuri could still remember the thousands of innocent men and women those Were-Lions killed.

Colin tapped his fingers in front of his chin as his eyes closed. He had been lost in thoughts for a full ten minutes. "No. He didn't say it was urgent, so you should investigate this human. We both know if Janie or Roland gets the job, they will just kill it." He sighed. "But be ready if needed. Calvin is waking up to a modern world and I have a feeling he will find it taxing."

Yuri finished his wine. "Of course, I will be ready if summoned." Summoning was an ancient way of communicating between vampires. It was thought to be lost a few centuries back when the magic left the vampires. But Colin and Yuri still could do it. And if they chose to they could teach some of the elder vampires, but neither found any worthy.

~~~

Breckenridge, Colorado

Molecular Biology Lab

University of Denver Remote Campus

Present Day

"Professor Johnson, I ran the test results again and got the same results. The genetic mutation is real." Ben Cartwright said in an excited voice. "Do we have access to the donor of this sample?"

Amber Johnson took the report from Ben's hand and inspected the results. The original smile started to fade. The sample came from a blind study. As much as she wanted to meet the donor she understood it would be complicated. Their research into gene therapy and aggressive Non-Hodgkin lymphoma were groundbreaking. They were close, so close to finding the source of the mutation when they found a blood sample that contained 'healing' properties for the lack of a better word. The red blood cells in the sample contained a mutation that repaired the damaged cells. It took her and her assistant almost three months to map the gene that caused the repair.

"Ben, I think for now we need to keep this under wraps. If word gets out that we are this FC close, the Dean will send others to join us and contaminate our work. I'm going to do some more research online about oddities in the genome sequence we are researching. Go ahead and put what we left of our sample in the freezer. I want you to head to the main campus and ask Professor Wade about the donors. When he interrogates you about our progress, tell him that I sent you because several samples were contaminated. And then have him call me."

"Yes, Professor," Ben said and quickly started to lack the samples up and left.

Amber spent the next two hours sitting at her desk looking at charts and data from others' research. She found nothing that correlated to hers. She did find several links to off-the-wall sights about supernatural beings. Amber was aware of the legends but didn't put much faith in them. This was not her first time looking at these types of sites. Six months ago, after returning from an archaeological dig in Greece, she researched the area and the myths of vampires who ruled the area once. But she found nothing that would make her think they were nothing but superstitious people of the time.

Amber stood, stretching her arms above her head when she noticed an extremely tall man walking into the lab caught her attention. "I'm sorry, you can't be here." Amber grabbed her cell phone and closed the distance between them. She looked up into his emerald-green eyes and gasped. He was probably the most handsome man she had ever seen.

"Oh, forgive me. I was looking for Professor Johnson, Amber Johnson. A friend of mine, Carter Jensen sent me. Did I come to the right place?" Yuri spoke with a deep Southern Accent though he was far from American. Yuri had an unbelievable ability to blend in. He took one step closer and truly studied the woman. She has waist-length red hair and sapphire blue eyes. Her skin was alabaster white and for three seconds his heart stopped beating. This human called to his beast, whispering to him to claim her and make her theirs.

Amber was just about to shoo him out the door but stopped when he said Carter sent him. Carter was the Professor of the dig site in Greece. "Oh, well in that case I am Professor Johnson. How can I help you, Mister?" Amber emphasized the word, Mister. She wanted to know who this gorgeous man was and how she could get to know him better.

"Yuri. Yuri Bostic." He offered her his hand as his mind tried to search hers but found a black fog instead. He had only encountered a black fog once before. Six hundred years ago a thief Pixie named Charleic had crossed his path and Yuri instantly became his friend once he discovered the fog. Yuri knew that Amber was no ordinary human. "I have to say this before I lose my nerve. You are the most beautiful creature I have ever seen." He brought her hand to his lips and planted a kiss.

It was not like Amber to blush, but she did. Her face and chest turned a bright red and her ears flushed as well. "God, so are you," she whispered and then retained her composure. "Um," she cleared her throat. "I was just heading to dinner. Care to join me and maybe tell me why Carter sent you here?"

"I would love to," Yuri answered. Amber was making his job so much easier. Yuri had already confronted Ben and reset his mind, erasing the knowledge of the samples and even removing the samples from the college. "I know the perfect place." He added escorting Amber out of the lab. As soon as they were out of sight of the CCTV system, he hit Amber at the base of her skull, sending her into darkness.

~~~

Tallahassee, Florida

South Station Vampire Coven

Present Day

Amber woke up, slowly. Her head ached. For a few seconds, she thought a tiny dance team was in her skull tap dancing. Amber's right hand moved along the bed feeling the silk sheets. It was at that moment her eyes opened and she sat up rigidly, the sheet dropping to her waist. She did not recognize the room. Inching her body to the edge of the massive bed, Amber's eyes darted around the room looking for any signs of company. The tips of her toes touched the thick carpet when an unfamiliar voice started her.

"I see you are finally awake," Kimiko said as she silently approached the bed. The young Asian woman offered Amber a smile. "I shall inform Master Yuri. I will also draw a bath, I am sure after your long trip you would like to freshen up."

Amber was puzzled. Long trip? Did she have a long trip? "Excuse me," Amber said. "Who are you and where am I?" Amber pulled the sheet closer to her chest as though it was a shield. She tried to recall what happened. The last thing she remembered was walking out of her lab.

"Forgive me, miss. I am Kimiko, Master Yuri's," Kimiko paused thinking of the correct term. "Assistant." Kimiko was his go-to servant. She cooked, cleaned, and ran the household as well as helped him with his dealings. She even aided him in the office when required. "And you are in Tallahassee, Florida." Kimiko gave the location as though it was the simplest answer.

"Florida," Amber whispered, bringing her hand to the back of her neck, and rubbing it. Amber turned to look at an open closet door and then a second door which she assumed was the bathroom. When she turned to look at Kimiko the woman was already gone.

Amber quickly went to the door, only to find it locked. She leaned her back against it and exhaled heavily. Reluctantly she entered the ensuite and took a good look in the mirror. "What the hell happened to us?" Amber asked her reflection. It didn't take but a minute to decide to follow Kimiko's advice and shower. Amber was surprised to find the walk-in closet stocked with clothes in her size. Granted they were not in her comfort zone, but most were branded names. Her closet back home had four pairs of jeans, ten shirts, and five sets of skirts and blouses she could wear when lecturing. Amber was low maintenance.

Thirty minutes had passed when she dressed. Amber discovered makeup and lotions were also provided for her. If she didn't know better she would say she was still dreaming. But the knick at the door alerted her that she was awake.

Opening the door, Amber was greeted by Yuri. Amber almost shut the door in his face but decided to slap him instead. "How dare you kidnap me!" Amber growled as she stepped away from the door.

Yuri could have caught her wrist, but he decided to let Amber land it and give her a false sense of control. "I didn't kidnap you." His tone was cold as was his aura. "I merely brought you here while you were sleeping."

"Sleeping!" Amber was exasperated. "You hit me!" Amber exclaimed.

Yuri stood there not trying to deny it. He discovered her secret and to investigate Amber further he needed her with him, and that meant bringing her to his coven, where he could protect her. But Yuri was not about to spring the truth on her. "I did. It happened. It is in the past, there is no need to dwell on it." He straightened his shoulders.

"No need to dwell on it?" Amber pursed her lips and stomped away from him. "Why did you bring me to Florida? And more importantly, who are you that Kimiko calls you Master? What is this, the dark ages?"

Amber's thoughts and emotions were everywhere. She couldn't seem to focus on one thought or one direction. Amber was angry he hit her, but angrier he kidnapped her. When she thought of her captor she had conflicting emotions. There was a strong need to punch him, but at the same time, she wanted to kiss him. Just thinking about kissing him had her flustered.

While Yuri could not read her thoughts, he could read her body. He noticed her heart beating faster and her breathing shallow as if aroused. His observant eyes caught her nipples hardening as well. Amber was as attracted to him as she was angry. Yuri felt the same, but his restraint was far greater. "Let's start with the easiest questions. Kimiko is Korean and was raised by traditional parents." That was the first lie of the day.

Amber glared at him. "Uh-huh."

Yuri smirked. He had been correct that Amber was not a simple woman. She saw through his lie. "As to being here," he opened his arms indicating the home. "This is where I live and work at times." Yuri had properties all over the world and preferred to live in Georgia, but for now, he would stay here.

Yuri motioned for Amber to have a seat. "If there are no more outbursts, can we sit down and talk? I know you have questions and concerns. I will do my best to answer them. In return, I expect you to answer mine." Yuri sat down and crossed his ankles as he got comfortable. Now came the hard part--shattering her illusions of freedom. "Make no mistake Miss Johnson, you are not a guest here. How you wish this stay to proceed is up to you. This adequate room or cells below are your choices."

Amber had already figured out she was a prisoner the moment she found the door locked, so Yuri's options were expected. Amber lifted her chin and walked to the chair across from Yuri and sat with her shoulders square. "I believe we are both civilized adults, there is no need for hostilities or cells, this prison cell is as you put it more than adequate."

"I knew you were smart the moment I got your file." Since Yuri could not alter her mind given her heritage, there was no point hiding why she was here.

"You have a file on me? Why?" Amber asked with curiosity flashing in her blue eyes.

Yuri smiled and leaned back, outstretching his arm and Kimiko placed a wine glass in it. He loved the look of shock on Amber's face with Kimiko's sudden appearance. "Thank you, Kimiko. I believe Miss Johnson would prefer a mocha latte and a bottle of water."

"Very well Master Yuri." Kimiko turned to Amber. "Would you like some breakfast as well? Pancakes and bacon, perhaps?" Kimiko asked.

Amber looked at Kimiko and her brain tried to work. One second Yuri's hand extended the next Kimiko was there. In a nanosecond, reality shifted. Amber's brain was adding two and two and getting negative one hundred. She heard words that formed a question. "Yes, please and thank you." As she spoke she never took her eyes off the god-like man across from her.

"You are not human." There was a static buzzing sound in her ears. It started slow like a whisper and grew to warp speed. Amber held the right side of her head as the static distorted sounds returned. When she opened her eyes, the white had been replaced by a fluid ink-black color. When she blinked her sapphire blue orbs were back.

"So it begins," Yuri sent the thought to Amber as a test. While he could not breach her mind, he had a theory that she could hear others. "No. I am not human. Care to tell me how you came to this realization?"

"I. I uh, don't know. I just know. And what begins?" Amber pinched the bridge of her nose and forced herself to breathe. "For a moment I saw time stand still and then you in the Urals battling a blonde man and then you were holding your hand out and Kimiko was here. Did you drug me?" Amber sounded exasperated again.

Yuri sipped the red wine before leaning closer to her. "No. You are not drugged. But you are waking up. Rather quickly," Yuri added.

"I'm what?" Amber rubbed her temple and then crumbled forward, her body landing in Yuri's arms.

"Shush now, Liajyre," Yuri said in Volga Tatars, his birth language. He carried the woman to the bed and lay beside her. "You are reborn to us, Liajyre." He said moving a few strands of hair behind her ear. This was the third time the Fae Liajyre had found him since his birth 2757 years ago. When he met Amber in Colorado he suspected she was a Fae folk, but not until just now did he know her true name.

"Rest now my wife. Soon you will come back to me," Yuri leaned over and kissed her forehead gently. "Rest."

~~~

*Authors Note*

Timeline clarification:

When Yuri got the original file it was two years ago. When he kidnapped her is the present day, give or take a month or two to Jerry's trial. I hope this chapter will clear up the lapse in his investigation.

~~~

Yuri was sitting in his office on a video call with Colin. He reached out and brought a cup of coffee to his lips as Galvin left the room where Colin was sitting. "How is he doing?"

"Better. I moved him to Tifton, Georgia for the time being. He said Aria had called to him and some him. Of course, he didn't tell me this until after meeting her." Colin waved his hand dismissing Yuri's next question. "But this is not why I called. I have a report on my desk from the council. Two years ago you were assigned to deal with a human female regarding her inquiries. I see that you found nothing that crossed our purview. So why did the council send you after her again?"

Yuri took a deep breath. "It is not a simple story. When I first investigated her, it turned out she was preparing for an archeological dig in Nizhny Tagil, Russia. The head of the foundation sponsoring the dig had sent out a lust of light Cal myths and legends. Mister Mathew Davis asked her to put together a packet based on the notion Dracula and the Werewolf were real. I found nothing that exposed us or any other supernatural community."

Yuri started typing. "I am sending you a copy of what Miss Johnson put together. As you will see it is garbage." He leaned back and waited for Colin to look over the e-mail.

"Okay. Now explain what happened this time?" Colin sounded bored.

"This time is different. Amber is the lead researcher in molecular genetics. Somehow she got a hold of our blood and started testing it. She discovered a unique property of our regeneration. I visited the lab and was shocked by her. She has a black fog surrounding her mind." Yuri paused as Colin spit his drink.

"What the hell. Did she fight you?" Colin became concerned. Black fog meant the woman was a hybrid. A druid and Fae to be exact and they were dangerous.

"She didn't know. Her true self was asleep. I brought her to Tallahassee, FL for now. But after getting her, something happened." Yuri sipped his coffee, finding his throat dry. "Amber is waking up, and she carries Liajyre past life."

It is not often Colin is shocked. But right now he was. "It has been a thousand years. Are you certain it is Liajyre?"

Yuri could only nod. "She spoke of the battle when you changed me," he ran his hand over his face hiding his pain. His last life with Liajyre didn't end well. "Amber passed out and I figure she has a week before she wakes up again. I am thinking about taking her to my home in Georgia once she adjusts."

Colin laughed. "If she doesn't kick your ass and run away first." Colin tapped his fingers on the desk, a sign he was thinking. "This is what we are going to do. I am going to sign off that Professor Amber Johnson is now under your protection and has my full support. You will need to call the twins and Mackenzie and bring them back to the US. I suspect that Galvin waking and Liajyre now waking means something huge is brewing." He cleared his throat. "I am going to call Brucie as well. He might be able to help Amber and Liajyre merge into one mind."

Yuri thought about Brucie. He didn't think the redcap would be willing to help a far hybrid, but if Colin was sending him, there might be a chance Amber would survive. A far reclaiming of a body sometimes ended with the death of the human host. "Okay. I will move her while she is sleeping. I will take her to Albany, Georgia for now."

Before Yuri ended the call he thought of something. "How is Aria?"

There was no hiding the smile on his face as Colin spoke. "Aria is perfect. She is still missing her brother. I will bring her by when you get here. I think Aria is close to being ready for the truth."

Yuri laughed suddenly.

"What is so funny?" Colin glared.

"Not long ago you were ready for the long sleep. If you tell Aria about us, does that mean she will go to Australia with us?" Yuri laughed harder and then frowned when Colin ended the call.

~~~

Location: Cypress Pond Plantation

Albany, Georgia

Amber walked through the heavy underbrush, looking over her shoulder, feeling like she was being watched. Each step was silent as if a spell had been cast to shield the noise. The growing feeling of impending doom sped her footsteps until she was in a near run. Trees and vines started to block her path until she was tangled in the thick growth.