A Mate to Howl For Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Shush," a small voice whispered. "I won't hurt you."

Amber looked around in the twilight and struggled harder against the thorny vines straining her joints. "Let me go!" She cried out.

"I am not the one holding you, Amber." The voice was louder and closer.

"Then who is?" Amber fought harder only to fill the vines tightened, threatening to break her arms and legs. Amber finally held still. "Help me?"

A figure appeared before Amber, crouching on the ground. "Who is holding you, Amber?" The female spoke. "Fear is holding you." The figure stood and faint light spilled over her back. Small wings appeared between the long red locks of hair. "What do you fear?"

Amber closed her eyes tight and then took a second look at the woman. "I don't know what I fear."

The woman turned around and Amber gasped in fright as her eyes moved over a carbon copy of herself. She instinctively pulled away. "What the hell?"

The woman stepped closer and set her hand on Amber's shoulder before her eyes turned black and she opened her mouth and wailed.

~~~

Amber's eyes shot open as she tossed the sheet off her body. She looked around the room and found Yuri sitting next to a small window looking handsome as he read a book. "Where the hell am I?" Amber asked as she moved her feet over the edge of the bed only to find an iron manacle around her ankle and a length of chain attached to it.

"Yuri, what the hell is this?" Amber was fuming mad. She stood up only to fall back on the bed. Spitting a glass of water on the end table, Amber downed it in one go. When it was empty, Amber threw it across the room at Yuri.

Yuri caught it without even looking up from the page he was reading. "We are in Albany, Georgia. Can you tell me your name?" Yuri closed the book and stood at full height. Setting both the glass and the book on a small table he strode across the room to Amber. He gripped her chin and forced the woman to look into his eyes.

Amber was not having any of his bullyings. "Don't touch me!" She growled and tried to knock his hand away unsuccessfully.

"What is your name?" Yuri repeated the question.

"You know my name, you prick!" Amber struggled to get free. Once she realized Yuri wasn't letting her free she huffed. "Amber. Amber Johnson, your wife!" Wife? Where the hell did that come from? "Prisoner not a wife, what the hell did you drug me with?"

Yuri grinned as he pressed his lips to the woman. After a few seconds of fighting him, Amber finally gave up and kissed him back. After he released her chin, Yuri sat on the bed. "I didn't drug you. You woke up. You are Amber and Liajyre. And if you have a seat I will explain everything to you." He patted the mattress to his side.

"Listen to him. He might be a jerk, but he won't lie to you." The female voice from her dream spoke in her head.

"I think I went crazy," Amber said, holding her head. Between the kiss and the voice in her head, Amber felt like the world went topsy-turvy. But she did sit next to Yuri. "What the hell is going on?"

"As I said, you woke up. You have been asleep to the world around you. Everything was a dream, a nightmare. But now you are seeing the world as it is. I am a vampire, and you are a Pixie hybrid. Oh, and you are my wife."

"Wife?"

"Of everything I just said, that is what you question?" Yuri laughed.

~~~

Amber's brows tightened as she tried standing again. This time the room didn't tilt to the side. Her eyes narrowed on the manacle and chain and then at Yuri. "Is this how you treat your wife? First, you hit me, then kidnapped me, molest me, and now you chain me to your bed?" Amber crossed her arms and forced herself to remain calm. Deep down, she was terrified of what happened. But she was smart enough to know she would live longer with honey.

Yuri remained on the bed. He dissected what she said. When did he molest her? His finger came up as he spoke. "When did I molest you?"

"You kissed me!" Amber snapped before regaining her composure yet again.

"Oh, in that case," Yuri stood beside her. "Yes, I did hit you, but in my defense, I needed to get you out of the lab fast and without complications. Can we really call this a kidnapping? I did not molest you. In fact, you enjoyed the kiss and returned it, which proves my point about you being my wife, though you can't remember right now." Yuri touched the tip of her nose. "And the chain is to prevent your other half from taking over while the two of you adjust. And case point, this is not my bed, it's yours, Pumpkin."

Amber gritted her teeth. Yuri was a pain in the ass, even if he was drop-dead gorgeous. "I hate you," Amber said as she started to pace.

"You might right now, but eventually you will remember and then you will undoubtedly hate me more." Yuri walked back to the chair and picked up his book. He sat there watching Amber pace knowing she had to work through the moment on her own.

Twenty minutes later Amber stopped moving and cleared her throat. "Okay, say I am ready to believe you are a vampire and that you came to the lab to find out about my research." Seeing Yuri not responding, Amber continued. "The sample containing healing properties wasn't human. So I stumbled onto a secret that you came to fix. Stop me if I am wrong?"

"Continue." Yuri nodded.

Amber weighed her next words. "You were going to kill me but figured out I was not human. So you kidnapped me," she saw Yuri about you speak. "Allegedly kidnapped me."

"Go on," Yuri seemed amused.

Amber's eyes turned black as she stepped closer. Liajyre was pushing to take control. "You asshole!" The curse was all Liajyre managed to say before Amber emerged. "What the fuck!"

"You really do have a foul mouth, Pumpkin." Yuri joked as he crossed the short distance to Amber. "That is why you are wearing this." Yuri pointed to the chain.

Amber closed her eyes as Yuri's scent washed over her. There was no denying she was inexplicably attracted to him. The fact he was a kidnapping vampire asshole didn't bother her as much as him hitting her. Amber was not normal. She thought about why the truth didn't shock her. There was something deep in her mind, a flash of another life. Just as Amber found it, it faded into obscurity.

"I am hungry." Amber turned toward the bed, finding Kimiko standing next to it holding a tray of cold meats and cheese. "Let me guess, you asked her to feed me." Amber took the tray and walked to the free chair and started eating.

~~~

Days turned into weeks and weeks into a month. Amber and Liajyre had time in dreams and awake to merge into one person. Yuri had explained to Amber it wasn't about control but about trust. Once she trusted Liajyre, Amber was able to step back and learn about her past life and about the vampire captor.

Yuri and Collin had been patrolling an encampment when they found her fighting a soldier. Liajyre had tried to steal food and was caught. Yuri didn't seem interested in the fight until the wind shifted and he caught her scent. He killed the man and ran off with her in his arms. Colin followed. After a heated discussion, Yuri told Colin that the woman was his. He could explain it, but she belonged to him.

Liajyre, Colin, and Yuri traveled together from that day forward until her death at Yuri's hands. A legion of Roman soldiers had trapped Liajyre and several had raped her. By the time Yuri and Colin arrived, Liajyre was holding a man at daggerpoint. Yuri rushed forward just as Liajyre shifted. The soldier grabbed the dagger as Yuri collided, sending the blade into her heart.

Once Amber recovered from the memory she approached Yuri. Without a word, Amber kissed him, passionately. Amber took his hand and led him into her bedroom. There she stripped his clothes and fell into a heated exchange. Yuri made love to her with his mouth for hours, punishing her for leaving him. Amber let Liajyre have control and watched as the two lovers tasted each other's bodies.

Liajyre felt Yuri's hard cock pressing into her center and finally lost her inhibitions. She screamed his name as clawed hands dug into his back as she shifted under him into her true form, a beautiful blue Pixie. Yuri started to pump his hips harder and faster as they both lost control, biting and clawing at each other as their bodies collided. Liajyre was the first to shatter. Blinding white light flooded her vision as Amber emerged.

Now back in human form, Amber cried out as Yuri bit into her neck and began suckling. The euphoria Amber felt was light nothing before. When Yuri finally pulled away, Amber was panting and whispering his name. And then she chanted unfamiliar words and a blue light surrounded them, mixing their essence. "Husband," she whimpered before falling into darkness.

~~~

When Amber awoke, Yuri was laying on the bed next to her. Amber also smelt another person in the room with them. Looking from the bed, she saw an older woman. Her face was wrinkled and tan, her hair just as gray as her eyes, and she looked content. "Who are you?"

"I am Varä," the woman said. "I am here to train you." She spoke as she stood.

"Train me?" Amber parroted. "Train me how?" Amber placed her hand on Yuri's chest.

"I asked her here, Pumpkin," Yuri confessed. "Do you remember when we spoke of the supernatural world? That magic is real? Well, my dear sweet wife, you are part of that world." Yuri kissed her temple before standing. "Madam Varä is the leader of the Druid Order."

Amber and Liajyre sat quietly. It was Liajyre who urged Amber to accept the training. "Fine my dear captor," Amber smirked. "I accept."

~~~

Birmingham Alabama

Vampire Council Office

Yuri watched the computer screen as he thought about Amber and how they had spent the last two months together. Amber had finally evolved into a perfect mix of Druid and Pixie while keeping her humanity. Amber had become important in his life and agreed to marry him, again. He had brought her to Atlanta on a business call. He and Colin owned numerous tech companies and as his future wife, he wanted to show her ropes so to speak.

But Amber was taken in an ambush on the way to the airport. They had subdued Yuri with silver and a dart full of tetrodotoxin. Had Yuri not been an ancient vampire he would have met his final death.

Although Yuri hated the vampire council officers, he did enjoy their archive. Yuri was going over CCTV footage, looking for any leads when Colin called and told him to get to a safe location and on a conference call. When Yuri discovered the whereabouts of Amber, he was nearly frenzied. But Colin was able to keep him settled throughout the call.

Once it ended, Yuri was tempted to run across two states to get to Hope and drain her dry. At that moment he didn't care if she was a mole. He wanted to avenge his love. Again it was Colin who stopped him. Colin used his power over Yuri as his sire and calmed the angry vampire.

"Soon, she will be in your arms. Cullen and I have a plan. Soothe yourself, my friend. We will be wheels up within the hour." Colin mind-linked to his childe, reassuring him that Mangadoom and those within the company who took Amber would not live long.

~~~

Colin Andrews Compound

Smith Lake Arley, Alabama

As promised, Colin was on a private plane an hour later leaving Albany, Georgia, and landing in Jasper, Alabama. Colin and Aria had exited the plane with Cullen, Aaron, and several of the pack warriors. Alpha Chase Parker of the Eufaula Pack was waiting with Yuri in the private hangar. Colin had commanded Yuri to remain calm after he lost his temper and tried to hit Cullen. After the dust settled four large Ford Expeditions drove the thirty minutes to a compound Colin early used.

"Aria, my love," Colin said as he kissed her palm. "I need you to remain close to me while we prepare. There will be at least a dozen vampires and twice as many werewolves filling the compound before the night is over."

Aria had only met Cullen earlier that morning and was just coming to accept the supernatural world. Although she knew about the others, she was still nervous given Amber's kidnapping and Hope Howard's involvement in Mangadoom. "I won't leave your side but I do have a question about going with you to Ohio."

Colin kissed her palm once more before wrapping an arm around her waist. "No." He looked stern. "I know what you are going to ask. No, you will not leave the plane once we get there. I will not allow you to join us. You are still human." Colin reminded Aria.

Aria wasn't offended by his concern, though she wanted to be of use. "Are you certain I can't help? Being human isn't a bad thing. These hunters are human and might not see me as a danger."

"No." Again he said the word. "These are insane lunatics pumped up on drugs and have no morals. These are beasts without reason. I saw into Hope's mind, my love. I don't want you anywhere near these things." Colin said things with some venom.

Aria knew when to back off. There would be no arguing with Colin about this. Aria nodded her defeat and kissed his cheek. "As you wish, my love."

"Master Colin, you are needed in the main hall." A young female vampire said as she bowed her head.

Colin didn't look at the woman, keeping his eyes on Aria as he spoke. "We will be there in a moment." Colin leaned toward Aria and lightly kissed years he spoke to her lips. "I would burn the entire planet if something happened to you." And Colin meant it. He had never felt this strongly for anyone before.

Aria blushed at Colin's confession. It was the most romantic and dark expression she had ever heard. "I would kill for you." She deepened the kiss, moaning in his mouth.

~~~

"Cullen, why didn't you bring Hope and Valic?" Yuri asked as he walked into the office. He had a cold aura and seemed tense.

Cullen handed Fern Montgomery a file and excused her. Fern and Cedar were sisters and both were top-notch warriors. Fern's wolf could pass for a German Shepard and often came in handy when dealing with public places. He even had a service vest ready for her.

Once the room was clear, Cullen motioned Yuri to a chair to the side of the table that doubled as a desk. "Yuri, I will not place Hope or her mate in harm's way. I understand that Amber is your mate." Cullen paused long enough to see Yuri give a slight nod. "I also know she has just awoken and is not completely stable. If she was my mate, I would want blood. But Hope is not the enemy. She is the key to getting your mate back."

Yuri was still angry and he had to admit to himself that he would have probably attacked the she-wolf. When it came to his heart, his head became short-sighted. "I understand. Will she be joining us in Ohio?"

Cullen's eyes glazed for a second. Aaron was alerting him that Marcus Ryle was on a video call. "Yes, Hope will be joining the rescue mission. She knows the facility well and the exact location where they are holding Amber. I promise you that you will get a chance to speak with her. But for now, I'm needed on a call. We will speak again soon, I promise." Cullen stood. As an afterthought, he asked a question. "Are the twins coming?"

Even though he didn't get the answers he wanted, he acknowledged the danger Hope would be in until Amber was in his arms. Yuri pulled his phone from his hip holder. "Yes. They will be here by sunrise. I believe Micha wants to speak to you when he arrives."

"Mm," was all Cullen said before leaving.

~~~

"Aaron, I heard that the Provinsky twins are joining us," Cedar asked as she stretched her legs in preparation for a sparring match. The wolves fought as a team rather than one on one. And though they trained often, they rarely trained with vampires. But given they were going blind against an enemy who had an advantage, Cullen and Colin thought it best for everyone involved to train together.

Aaron had removed his shirt and shoes, laying them on the bench. He unzipped his pants and lowered them, leaving him in his boxers. At some point, he knew he was going to have to shift and there was no need to destroy his clothes. "They should be here by morning. Cullen said they were in Singapore and taking a private jet here. Is there an issue I need to know about before they get here?"

Cedar kept her thoughts close when she thought of Micah and the last time they crossed paths a hundred and five years ago. Micah Provinsky had come to Albany after the war, looking for a soldier he had met in France. Instead, he found Cedar and Fern. It was their first time meeting a vampire and the sisters were ready to fight him. But Cedar approached him to talk after she got his scent. There was something about it that made her wolf react oddly. Instead of aggression, she was submissive. Cedar and Micah spent the night drinking and talking. She discovered when the sun came up that it didn't affect him. Cedar had read a book about vampires but her knowledge was limited.

Micah never found the man he was seeking and had to return to his job. Cedar wanted to ask him to return, but werewolves and vampires were on opposite ends of the spectrum and not meant to be friends.

"No, no issues. I met Micah once and thought it might be good to catch up with him and possibly train." Cedar took off her shirt and pants, leaving her in a sports bra and boy shorts. Nudity for a wolf was nothing, so Cedar didn't feel any modesty in front of the approaching men and women.

Aaron thought for a moment that he saw something in Cedar's expression. A tenderness when she said, Micah. He would have to ask her later if there was something he needed to know. But for now, they needed to train. "Let's warm up."

~~~

Colin Andrews Compound

Smith Lake Arley, Alabama

Rescue Team

Micah's hand ran over her chest, bringing a silent moan to her lips as his rough calloused fingers met the taunt flesh of her nipples. He can feel her body shiver and bite her lips as his fingers squeeze and twist them. She moans again and her hips buck. His hot breath first reached the back of her neck, followed by his lips. Micah does this each time they meet. He toys with her, getting pleasure from his one-sided assault. She reached up in an attempt to move his hands down her body and groaned when he bit her neck and suckled slowly bringing a wave of ecstasy to her.

"Not yet," Micah whispered, allowing vibrations from his voice to raise her body temperature higher as she felt his body press against her back. His soft lips place kisses down the beginning of her spine.

"When?" She begged.

"Micah! Wake up brother," Marco called to his brother as the plane began its descent.

Slowly Micah woke from his reoccurring dream. For over a hundred years he had been plagued by his dream woman nightly. No matter how many women he brought to his bed, none gave home the release of his dream lover. One day he would give in and search for the source of his damnation and ruin. "What?" Micah's groggy voice filled the private plane.

"I said we are here brother." Marco sat in the seat next to his twin. The two men were identical and hard to tell apart. Most identical twins have a tell that separates them, but Micah and Marco spent centuries perfecting their appearances. They even have the same tattoo, though Micah's is three millimeters lower on his arm than Marco's. To the naked eye, there is no difference but to an ancient and observer vampire, it was a way to distinguish between the two.

Micah slid his hand over his face. "Have you heard from Yuri and Colin?" Micah asked as the sleepiness finally wore off.

"Colin e-mailed us. They are at his compound in Arley." Marco pulled his cell phone out of his jacket pocket. After finding the email he offered the phone to his brother.

Micah took a moment to read. "It seems there will be Weres joining us." Micah had no issues with Weres in general. He just didn't interact with them in general. While Colin found it necessary to befriend Cullen Steiner, Micah and Marco did not. If it can't for Yuri calling them home, neither would care about helping the Weres. But in this case, Yuri's woman was taken and that didn't sit well with the brothers.