All Comments on 'A Matter of Trust'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 129 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Your stories suck

Whether flash, or otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Paraphrasing the saying

The best revenge after a divorce is living well.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Scar

For a minute I couldn't think of anything but the evil uncle from the Lion King. But it quickly turned in to a BTB from the bitches POV. In typical LW fashion she fell for a Predator's lies about her husband, and took a revenge she couldn't take back. It's been used before, but having him marry the wife's friend he was allegedly cheating with was a good finish. Great work, Skip.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Nothing new.

Same old, same old.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Skippy

One Star for this shit. That‘s your bad Story on this board

tazz317tazz317almost 5 years ago
WAITING AND WANTING WHAT OTHERS HAVE

once again patience rears its head. TK U MLJ LV NV

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

I enjoyed it, great story!

The wife only had herself to blame. George lied to her and she let her jealousy undermine her good sense while she was drunk. Once she fucked George, then blew up at Breck it was all over. But wtf was she doing getting blitzed while alone with another guy?

I'm glad Breck disowned all his so called friends and family that turned on him without any proof. Knocking up and marrying her hot best friend was an awesome ending!

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 5 years ago
An old plot, but interesting treatment.

As usual, pretty well written. Good “timing” in transitions.

4-stars

kiteareskitearesalmost 5 years ago
A simple retelling

Different people and POV, but similar in so many ways to others. Twisted quite well back and forth with the final slap at the end.

Cheers Skippy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
another twist on revenge fuck

its been done but I still enjoy reading them. Thanks for this quick read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Don't what issues the other anons have but

I thought it to be a really good story. A double reverse plot is not same old same old. A one star means a wimpy gay cuck read the story, that'all.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

"With all the flirting that Scar had done, I found it easy to believe." - Actually, no. This is your husband and your best friend, it should have been HARD to believe! You know Scar's a flirt, when have you ever seen her be anything more? Surely you trust you husband? Anything less than pictures or video evidence should have been dismissed out of hand. Even THEN Breck should have been given a chance to defend himself.

"All it helped was to make everyone angry at me for ruining their relationship with Breck." - What ruined their relationship with Breck was to so easily believe the worst about him.

Did George see all the ads and billboards?

"I promise not to do again what I promised before never to do." - Love that!

"I would say 'No hard feelings' but that would be lying." - Actually, it's NOT lying! It worked out for the best for Scar!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Flash Story That Shouldn't Have Been Posted

Very bad effort. Dialogue was horrible-people do not talk to one another using the words you have them speaking. The whole premise was flawed-it assumes the wife is incredibly stupid-and wasn't developed at all. Wife was two-dimensional and a total cliche. Writer displays poor imagination and bad story telling abilities. I voted a one, but only because there is no zero.

JounarJounaralmost 5 years ago

A great little flash story that really felt like so much more. My only issue and it's a personal buggbear is the wife had zero proof he cheated but hubbys family took her word over his. Just doesn't happen in families.

SanzegoSanzegoalmost 5 years ago
Insecurities are a bitch

Suspension of belief is the name of the game and you got me. She tied to BTB and it backfired. Had she had faith in her husband, maybe asked before she gave into George Scarlett wouldn't be living the life she wanted. Good job. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
They Were Having An Affair All Along

Obviously Breck and Scarlett were having an affair all along before he was gone with the wind. Also obviously Scarlett had gotten her side lover George to set the wife up like that.

halfday35halfday35almost 5 years ago
Enjoyable

Thanks for another great story. Really enjoyed it

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Jounar Re: His Family

Yes, we are willing to suspend disbelief a little, but to expect us to buy that his family would blame him for cheating without proof is, to quote Judge Judy, "Ri-DICulous!" It was obviously thrown in there just to make his suffering worse, so that she could be even more evil.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Now THAT is how you toss in a grenade!

With one action she pretty much ruined a lot of people's lives. I'll never understand how a woman or a man can be that stupid, but shit happens. Good story.

amyyumamyyumalmost 5 years ago
Cute and entertaining

5* from me.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 5 years ago
Annony 5/10-"All Women Are Whores."

There it is-the definitive Republican view of women!

JounarJounaralmost 5 years ago
@sbrooks103x re:family

I do get what the author was pushing for but feel storywise it wasn't needed as this wasn't a case where the wife got hit with a martian slut ray out of the blue and it took a little shine off an otherwise cracking little story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
When she screwed up, she really screwed up!

Watching her life spiral down the drain was strangely entertaining. That was a good read.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Wife must be a dedicated Democrat

We are often scorned when a story includes a shot at Trump or the Republicans, so please note that your comment will meet with similar scorn.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Stupid

To previous commentator, get off your high horse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
not sure if it was meant to be funny

but that last line made me chuckle. i didn't even hate her after she said that.

'i was ready to move out of the house now' lol

i mean, she fucked up in a huge way. but she's not evil incarnate. she's jealous, petty, vindictive, daft, but not evil. it was a little amusing that losing her husband and best friend to each other was what got her out of her rut. they honestly did her a favor, now she can live again. but it was sorta funny. like those old movies where someone says, 'well, it can't get any worse' and then it rains or something.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Just badly written with little worth reading

This was a flash story because you were too lazy to write it properly

MbgdallasMbgdallasalmost 5 years ago
This was just bad...

On a lot of different fronts.

Bad dialogue. Poor premise. What did George have to press charges against her for. He barged into their house screaming. She was assaulted by her husband. That would have done way more damage to him with his friends than anything about being unfaithful.

She didn’t lie to her friends and family. She would have had more sympathy for being misled by an ass.

Nothing mad sense in this story.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Sbrooks103x

Right back at you my very good lefty friend. You folks pick a candidate for 2020 and we can really have some fun. I'm hoping for Bernie, but will take Beto in a pinch.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
A Matter of Projection

It's a good story... as long as you can take its premise seriously. Which I can't.

A while back, I've read a LW tale about some bozo would divorce his wife, and therefore destroyed his whole family, over the say-so of one of his buddies who claimed she had cheated on him, without requesting or gathering any proof of it. She later ended up marrying some ultra-successful dude who turned out to be her soulmate, and his own kids really saw their step-dad as their real father; meanwhile, doofus got himself hitched to some woman who was actually cheating on him with her ex...

All this to say - this story was too dumb to be taken seriously, solely because sound-minded people aren't stupid enough to ask for a divorce without having cold, hard proofs of any adultery. So this premise didn't make sense on that LW tale which title I forgot... and it certainly doesn't make sense here.

To think - if Cindy put as much effort in finding out whether or not her husband was indeed fucking her BBF as she did in trying to get him back, there wouldn't be any story to be told here. Then again, it's kinda obvious she was projecting on Breck and on Scarlett, because she herself was quite capable of doing exactly what she thought they did. 'Just doesn't make a long lot of sense she would take the words of some player would obviously wanted to bang her before checking in on her man and her girl - it's one thing to not trust Breck, but Scar? Without even talking to her? That's weird.

The thing is... and no, I'm not trying to find excuses for Cindy's behaviors here... but, on some level, she was kinda right, wasn't she? Probably before the two of them even noticed, she clearly saw Breck and Scarlett's chemistry, saw it as a definite threat to her marriage. But, once again, if that was the case, I just don't understand then why she kept her relationship with Scar going - if you think your friend could go after your spouse, why would you stay friends with said friend? For those two to hook up so fast after losing someone important to them - one, their wife, the other, their best friend... Not saying they did anything actually wrong, but it does explain why Cindy's lizard brain made her believe George's bullshit without question.

You also come out of this story with a weirdly bad opinion of Breck. Not that he did anything wrong here - even hitting his wife could be excusable. But why exactly did so many people in his life, including his own parents, thought so little of him to believe, once again without any proof, that he would cheat on his wife? If he's genuinely that good of a guy, wouldn't his own relatives go to bat to defend him? There's a backstory there that Skippy47 didn't seem at all interested in explaining, which is too bad, given that it would show why most of the people in his life weren't surprised to learn how much of a dirtbag he is.

Ultimately, what we've got here is a story with a highly faulty premise, which a cast full of unlikable characters - honestly, the only people that came out of it looking good is Elliot and Ashley. Reading about assholes getting their just deserved should be more enjoyable... Ah well, not every breakup stories are expected to be golden.

MightyHornyMightyHornyalmost 5 years ago
Re: Wife must be a dedicated Democrat

That whole comment... now THAT's projection.

Comment was way funnier than the story itself.

mikie_1_99mikie_1_99almost 5 years ago
She needs to...

Find George and put a bullet between his eyes. Why didn't she claim he was lying just as he had lied to her? Some people are just dumb.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 5 years ago
Nice

First tale back after a few months. Cheating cunt wife fell for an asshole who lied. Faithful husband got a happy ending and the cunt got shit.

Ye reap what ye sow.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The best part of this story was the brevity, . . .

without any loss to the plot or consequences. Mistaken act of revenge and lust based on phony accusation of adultery, resulting in accused spouse ditching a stupid whore and gaining a more beautiful virtuous wife.

Though I hope he waited till Scarlett recovered from the venereal diseases she picked up during her promiscuous romp at the nude beaches sampling the coke-can cocks of strangers. Wonder how Brett expects to compete with those memories? Of course, Scarlett kept that all a secret, for Brett's sake of course.

Women. If it wasn't for the hole between their legs they'd be extinct.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Jounar

I wasn't disagreeing with you! It was too big a step to have his family believe her without proof.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Liked it..

...good story. George should have been arrested, he landed the first punch. 5 stars, thanx!

Loklie

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 5 years ago
liked it

it was a little flat though not enough emotion shown to me a little more of the day to day anguish she was having over what she did. and the glossed over cheating on her part was a bit weird, im kind of sure u did it that way on purpose "oh and another thing she fucked the guy if it isnt over yet is sure is now" thing. but all that said i did enjoy it ty for the read

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Good

Something good comes along. Not the normal run of the mill stuff.

Look forward to more of your stories if you can keep this standard.

kmreaderkmreaderalmost 5 years ago
So maybe it was Scarlett all along?

Possibly an elaborate plot to seduce the man she has her eyes set on away from her so called best friend, but not more elaborate plans we’ve seen men seduce the wives in the stories posted here. In truth, sometimes women prove to be much more conniving and maybe Scarlett was always two steps ahead of the game.

c24jc24jalmost 5 years ago
I'm with the 'Scarlet may be a bit of a villain too' group

Something about her and that letter, almost gloating. It'd get more interesting if she has a baby and much later he finds out it's not his . . . and Scarlet did help with the setup somehow.

George finds it difficult to start a relationship with anyone because of his now well-known antics . . . but he is one of Scarlet's occasional partners.

Breck and Scarlet have two kids, but he eventually finds out only one is his. He divorces and marries again, but his new wife cheats on him too. One day, when picking up the kids, Scarlet and her new husband ask him to stay for supper. Scarlet explains that he was the type who attracted (and was attracted to) women who would cheat, or at the very least, screw up once. She further explained that there was only one woman in the world he could marry who he would know for certain would not cheat on him for the rest of their lives. That was Cindy. She'd learned a painful lesson, and if he went back to her, she would spend the rest of her life being the best wife and mother she could be. She'd spend every minute of her life trying to make it up to him.

Breck thinks about it, and decides maybe he should give Cindy a try . . . he'd ended up so unhappy with Scarlet and his third wife. He tells Scarlet that maybe he could check up on Cindy. After all this time, he found his love had grown back, and he often missed her. Scarlet laughed and laughed. "She finally remarried last week.", Scarlet laughed, "If you'd come to your senses a few months ago, you'd be with her now!", she added merrily.

Scarlet's adultery had bothered Breck, but at that moment he remembered the main reason he'd divorced Scarlet. She could be a real shithead!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
All's well, that ends well

Scarlett got her man in the end. All she had to do was wait on the side lines of the mess that George and Cindy created.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
I agree Scarlett too involved

George needed more punishment

Trust lost almost impossible to regain

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Late Thoughts

I don't remember if I said this before, but I have no sympathy for his parents. They believed the worst about their own son, without proof, and apparently without giving him the opportunity to defend himself.

"Since George seemed the most damaged, I rushed to him." - She rushes to the guy that ruined her marriage?

Why do these women always believe the guys that obviously just want to get in their pants?

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Brecks friends weren't real friends

Breck's friends all say "They already 'knew' he was cheating with someone" and had no trouble believing Cindy when she emailed/texted them all. So...his friends all already believed he was a cheating scumbag. These people were NOT his friends to start with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
cliche

Too much of a cliche he marries the best friend of his ex wife. Especially with the, "As soon as we saw each other, we both knew we were meant to be together."

If that was the case, then they would have been together BEFORE the divorce and most likely been having an affair.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
and the only way

the parents would get to see the grand kid is from a picture at my sisters house.

eskyeskyover 4 years ago
Great story !!!!!

Loved it,keep up the good work, i gave it 5*

danoctoberdanoctoberover 4 years ago
Marries his ex-wife's best friend?

I can see that. Women may disagree, but here are a few observations over the decades I noticed.

Women tend to have friends that match themselves. Common sense, looks, fashions, education, interest, since of responsibility with thier husbands and children, financial cleverness, and being the queen of their castle (running a tight ship at home that balances all the above).

After 30 years of marriage to such a woman (it wasn't all pie in the sky) I have never known my wife to lower her personal standards for anyone including myself. That upbringing was the greatest gift her mother and father could have ever given me.

And my wife's friends are all pretty much made from the same material. In this story the husband falls in love with her best friend after divorcing his wife for her infidelity. Most likely her best friend had all the good qualities his ex-wife had less the infidelity.

So yeah, I can see how a husband could very well be attracted to one of his ex-wife's friends. Not for just their looks, but the overall picture of who they are and what they could bring into a potential relationship.

Enjoyed the story Skippy47. *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

The ending would be better if in the beginning Scarlett hadn't alluded to practically getting a train ran on her by total strangers the week before on vacation. Not exactly prime wife material.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Love it. This are the type of stories I really enjoy.

calflashcalflashabout 4 years ago
nicely done.

don't know if it was original but a well done plot and story

PaulinndPaulinndalmost 4 years ago
Burned

Wow great twist!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
2 Stars

A Slut Cheats on Her Husband .. He is Better off without Her ..

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What’s a “BTB”?

???

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. This was one of Skippy’s classics about a really dumb woman.

ctdansctdansover 3 years ago
fun story

A lot like these out there and I am glad he divorced her. However, having scarlet being written like a total slut and possibly a size queen doesn't fit with her getting married to this guy so quickly and how he would have trust in her.

SAV12SAV12over 3 years ago
DIDN'T I JUST READ THIS STORY?

THIS STORY SURE SOUNDS LIKE SKIPPY'S OTHER STORY-"HE GOT SERVED". NEED A LITTLE MORE IMAGINATION HERE PEOPLE. 3***

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

not too bad... although the wife didnt get her punishment she deserved, he had the last laugh.

racfguyracfguyover 3 years ago

Cindy was just a stupid cunt.

Anonymous2019Anonymous2019over 3 years ago

Him hitting her got you 1*, should have been 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
When at first we practice, to be a stupid bitch!

The only chance she had, was to confess the cheating she did with George. Speaking of George, that guy lies more, than a group of politicians, falsely claiming an election is rigged!

In real life, I do not see him confronting the husband. Guys like him, do their brain washing behind the scenes....

LetthatsinkinLetthatsinkinabout 3 years ago
@Anonymous2019

As a true advocate of gender equality, I'd hit her regardless of what their gender is. Let's pretend that you're a woman and you just found out that your husband cheated on you. The mistress hits you, so hit her back. When your husband helps the mistress, do you think it would be okay to slap the husband? If yes, then your previous comment is sexist.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
What was her biggest mistake?

Was it listening to George? No, but that was big. It was jumping into the sack for revenge (or validation or whatever). We each need to have our own honor, our own knowledge of right or wrong to do things right. She wasn't just foolish. She had no depth. The little girl needs to grow up and George needs a beat down in the worst possible way.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 3 years ago

Lousy ending. Thinking her affair wouldn't come out, and then still believing he would come back.

Surprised he hit her, and since George threw the first punch, he should have been arrested, but after the sh-t was beaten out of him.

Definitely not your best work

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

ROFL this is literally the 13,000 version of this story. Exactly the same, do you kids even think your comments through? Retreads shouldnt get you so wet. You had to have known some dude (ended up being George) made up the "Your husband is cheating" very early on, as in like 4 paragraphs, never actually checked, just took his word for it and then she fucked him and was hoping to keep it from hubby til she won him back.

And this diamond.... "Breck, honey. I just wanted you to know that I've forgiven you and want you to come home."

"Forgiven me? What the hell have I done that I need your forgiveness?"

"Well, it seems I might have been a little hasty about what I accused you of and I thought it would be good if we got off to a fresh, even start."

Literally makes no sense coming from anyone who wasn't critically brain damaged at some point in their life.

Danger09Danger09almost 3 years ago

She was never going to tell him she got a revenge fuck out of her "misunderstanding". Her " I forgive you" was so laughable. She should've called him begging him for forgiveness instead of starting off the conversation with that. I really don't understand wives believing others over their spouse without proof or benefit of the doubt?. I've been with my husband going on 19yrs this year. I would've confronted him. I would believe him until he showed me otherwise. How do you believe outsiders instead of your mate you claim you love? It makes no sense. She could've even trust but verify. What she did was immediately fuck George. It makes me feel like she wanted to try out a new penis and just needed an excuse without coming out looking like the bad guy. Why else would she just immediately believe george and immediately jump into bed with him without even speaking to her husband? What irks me is her ruining his relationships with friends and family but failed to to tell those same people she was a cock whore. Breck did right. Those "friends" and "families " didn't even have enough respect or trust for him to listen to him. They immediately believed her. Who needs these type of people in their lives? Not me.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Ha

Excellent revenge. Just a shame all the assholes and cheaters are still breathing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Danger 09 hit the nail on the head. If you screw up in life, you need to take responsibility for it.

5 stars.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 2 years ago

Please tell me why people who get punched once in the nose end up in the hospital?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

5 stars. Only issue is, I didn’t see any real revenge on George.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

That one hit the realism indicator. This is my favorite part: "Before today, if anyone had asked me who I thought cared about me the most and would trust and support me no matter what, I would have listed my wife, my family, and a bunch of friends. After the texts I have received from most of them and from what you said to me, I know now I have almost no one who really has faith in me."

Cheating is a lack of faith. Like denial of faith in nation or deities, it's a sign of something horribly broken.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

She doesn’t deserve forgiveness because she lied she was the cheater not him but she’s also better off without him he hit her she didn’t hit him an he doesn’t deserve forgiveness for that I’ve been through domestic violence an it starts one slap when there supposedly angry so id say she dodged a bullet IMO

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

the last anon comment from 15 days ago show the double standard in the world. She gets hit and your crying foul but she kicks George in the ball "good for her", they both were wrong. Don't put your hands on anyone

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Equal rights should mean everyone has equal chances of being hit in a fight, male or female, especially whoever starts it. But of course women don't want equal rights, they want all the female perks plus any extras they can get.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

How cruel....................

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

We all get caught up in whether or not a character's reaction is "real" and "nobody would do that in real life" and what we would do if it was us. Only it's not "real". It has nothing to do with reality: it is fiction. Instead of all that blaming and hand wringing we should hold the author accountable for portraying a wife as being so shallow that the reader cannot possibly regard her with any compassion whatsoever. It's a cheap trick. These kinds of stories are over before they are written. The indignation spewed at the character should be focused on the real culprit.

As for a male hitting a female, why should something as natural and appropriate and that promotes gender equity be suppressed? What's this taboo about? Is there an author that contributes to LW that is able to take this on?

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

For the Anony that asked about "BTB": it means "Born To Bitch".

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Born to Bitch."? Describing yourself? Must be a cuck?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Most women dont understand mens pride, its how we are raised, they arnt raised with that. Sometimes we can go overboard with it I admit but its real and deeply ingrained. Just as most women are raised to be momma bears, guys get it but you dont mess with mommas cubs. This woman stole his pride and crushed his name and repore with friends and family. Yes its real and it does matter. In all its a nice story, well plotted and formed. good job.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2about 2 years ago

mostly predictable. The whole police scene was very poorly written. George swung first so it was self-defense. George should have been arrrested.

She tried to hard to get back together after cheating on him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well Scarlet's well placed kick to Georges balls di more damage than you can believe. She hit the sweet spot. George was never able to produce viable sperm again and actually had trouble maintaining an erection due to blood vessel damage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Stupid and contrived Not a great story (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I love btb, happy endings! 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So Breck ends up with a huge slut. He gets what he deserves when she cheats on him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Breck's analysis of his Ex moral integrity and maturity was dead on.

Yes, she did two stupid things: Believe George the used him for a revenge fuck.

Compounding it SHE immediately goes to help George rather than standing by her man. THAT would be all the proof I'd need to pound the last nail in her Coffin:

NEVER Forget

--those that stood by you in you time of need.

---those that deserted you when you needed them.

-- those that actively put you in a position to need help and support.

SHE FIRS THE SECOND and Third.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 2 years ago

Didn't like it. The basic premise of supposedly being in a very happy marriage and after being told that your husband cheated, of course with zero proof, and based only on this hearsay, jump into bed with the person and throw the husband away is very contrived and not so believeable. Using alcohol as an excuse is weak. Then to have the guy show up just as the couple is attempting to reconcile is absurd.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She gets information that her husband's cheating, then kicks him out & emails friends & relatives who largely turn their backs on him. All without even talking to him. Eventually, she learns the info is wrong & tries to apologize, along with many of those friends/ family after he emails again admitting her huge mistake. That especially close friends & family should've known him better & at least talked to him about it. Seems that it wasn't done.

Why Breck returned to the house after a massive PR job by his wife to talk to her, is beyond me. How could he even think of trying to get back after the humiliation, disrepect & betrayal of his love? Worse, when George came over admitting he told her, etc., leading to Breck bashing his face in, his wife initially goes to George instead of standing by Breck.

Among (to me) info that should've been written: 1) what happened with the police after? 2) description of what Breck was going through. Yes, we know, but it's important in the story. 3) After the police, what he did & felt. 4) Breck & Scarlett's marriage - how it came to their dating, etc. A bit longer story writing of these things (again, to me) would be good to read.

As such, I give the story 4 stars, but could've been 5. --Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Weak.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

5 stars for a good story. But:

As I began to open the door, George burst in. me at the bastard."

I yelled, "What the hell are you doing here George? Get out. My husband and I are having an important talk. Leave! Now I beg you, please leave before I call the police."

George swung first. His fist seemed to bounce off Breck's chin.

Regardless of his injuries - George doesn't get to press charges. He goes to lockup after the hospital. He loses in court.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mayne a 4.7, but the ending was trite and on top of that, too abrupt and after descent writing, it suddenly sounded like a 9th grader took over or the pizza was burning and you had to run... so, a 3.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Interracial stories get one star .

Stopped reading on page one

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Anonymous

"Interracial stories get one star. Stopped reading on page one"

Um, it's only one page. And the only reference I saw to anyone's skin color was when it talked about Scar's tan. You're a moron.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Anonymous

"Why Breck returned to the house after a massive PR job by his wife to talk to her, is beyond me. How could he even think of trying to get back after the humiliation, disrepect & betrayal of his love?"

Agreed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written. Thank you!

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 1 year ago

Why do these guys end up in the hospital for something as minor as a bloody nose?

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

I wouldn't say this is BTB. She didn't lose anything except her husband, and while she didn't get "screw him" divorce, she got 50/50 of what seems like a decent financial amount AND the high-price house. It ends well for him in a "best revenge is living well" way, but that isn't a qualification for BTB

That said, it's a good story! Still 5 stars, just hoping the author changes BTB tag.

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

5 stars.

Whether it's btb or not, the husband has a good life and the gullible, cheating wife doesn't.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous