All Comments on 'A Matter of Trust'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 2 years ago

And here was me about to search for Delilah's series on here! Thanks for a sweet story!

Vintage_DMVintage_DMover 2 years ago

Great story, that is well written and you have excellent character development. It's a winner.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 2 years ago

Great story. Maybe you should think about actually writing a Delilah story!

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

A good story, but I think Nikki overreacted when Marc wanted to keep his real identity and his online, erotic author identity separate and not disclose them to her. They're starting off under a cloud. 4*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 2 years ago

Great story!!!! And I for one look forward to "The Delirious, Decadent Dreams of Delilah".

RK52RK52over 2 years ago

Excellent story 5*. I spent the day listening to Christmas music and this fit right in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm not a very trusting person but don't understand how he is so distrusting of her. I guess he'd make love to anyone, have them meet his parents, but sharing his stories is too much trust? Even when presented with overwhelming evidence of the reality of the publisher he still doubted her. SMH

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Lovely story, and very well written! Thank you! Merry Christmas!

viking_blueviking_blueover 2 years ago

Really wonderful, enjoyable romance. I think the trust issue, however, was mishandled on both sides. March should have explained up front, when Nikki first asked to have the link, his understandable fear that if his boss ever found out about his "hobby" that his career would probably be over. That would have defined the issue before the Christmas visit. After Nikki's reading of her story, he could have given her a printout of one of the Delilah chapters without any author identification for her to read.

Nikki definitely overreacted, but a pause in their relationship instead of a breakup would be more reasonable.

pepepilotpepepilotover 2 years ago

I liked the story, 5-stars worth. And, I have to ask, does your conclusion insinuate that we may see "The Delirious, Decadent Dreams of Delilah" in our future? I hope so.

Great job and thank you!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years agoAuthor

Author's Response:

Thank you to all who have commented and for all who’ve sent private notes and encouragement. Those were very nice, including the ones that referenced Mentor and My Math Problem (loved the erotic author/author comment!). Thank you!

MAJOR SPOILER:

Regarding Marc’s lack of trust, I understand the point of those who don’t see how he could be so untrusting with Nikki, but it’s not that he didn’t trust her specifically, but rather, he didn’t trust anyone at all with his secret that he’s kept for fifteen years (including three years with writing erotica). He’s afraid of losing his job due to his fundamentalist boss and of losing the respect of his friends and family who might not understand his passion for writing and his willingness to seek out an audience wherever he might find it. Therefore, it was noted that keeping his identity secret was sacrosanct (i.e., inviolable) to him. He’d just had the example of Becky’s infidelity and what might have happened when he broke up with her if he’d shared the secret with her. Finally, he believes he’s improved as an author, but even with his success with Delilah, he still doesn’t believe he’s good enough to be successful with a real publisher. In the end, he has a hard time believing it all but… End spoiler.

WillDevoWillDevoover 2 years ago

Really. Freaking. Awesome.

I usually roll my eyes when I see full-on even named references to Literotica within a Literotica submission, but not this time. The incredibly thin veil was spot on. Halfway through it, Devo asked me "Must be good because you've been smiling for the last thirty minutes," since, even across the room, a Literotica story display is easy to recognize.

She's reading it now, and starting to smile the same way.

Fantastic five stars.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Glad to see you're back! I really enjoyed this story. Great premise, him getting caught doing what all of us do. 5 Stars and favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Excellent!

4certain4certainover 2 years ago

Good story, 5 stars.

A reminder that this is fiction or in a different universe was the mention of a December Alaskan cruise. Brrrr!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

I enjoyed this quite a lot. Well written and plotted. Thanks for the hard work.

Richie4110Richie4110over 2 years ago

Loved it! I had a thought that she was some kind of spy and knew who he was and all about him. I am so grateful for the love story. I’ll follow you.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, get someone to proofread for you. Soo many wrong words

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What does Nikki see in this clown? Everyone's out to expose his secret identity? What an inflated ego. Also, she was sitting on his porch but was too cold to get up and get in her car? What?

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years agoAuthor

Author’s Response: Thank you so much to all who have provided feedback in whatever form. That is greatly appreciated! This was such a fun story to write and reflects how some of us really feel about keeping our real and writing identities separate and secret.

.

To “Soo many wrong words” Anon, thanks for your input; I want my stories to be well written so they’ll be enjoyable to readers. Therefore, I did a careful reread and found a few words or phrases in dialogue that were intentionally relaxed to reflect the way people speak (Nikki the English major even commented on one of them). MS Word also found three typos and a repeated word that I’d missed in Google Docs. If you have anything else, please let me know. Thanks!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

Okay, so I guess that I'm just the odd duck, but I'm going to totally side with Nikki on this one. If Marc doesn't trust her enough to reveal his secret identity, then he had no business making love to her either.

As for the story as a whole? A home run into the Crawford Street Boxes! Definitely a 5/5 effort. It totally makes my puny efforts look sick. You definitely had me rolling with laughter over the Mistletoe/Kudzu mixup. Priceless humor! 🤣 😆 😂 I'm looking forward to diving into more of your work.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Great story but the story should have continued a little longer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He could have just sent Nikki an electronic copy of his story without the title. There are so many stories on Literotica she would never find it.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years agoAuthor

Author's Response:

Thanks to everyone reading this story and for your comments. To Anonymous who suggested that he could have sent Nikki an electronic copy, a Google search of a selected passage will often find the story from which it came without even looking at a particular website. Considering Nikki's profession, she would have known this and would have found the story in seconds. I just did it with a random passage from one of my Lit stories and it came right up.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Gave it a well-earned 5*, but couple questions persist in my head. His "little sister" was 38, so how old was he and what was his history of relationships that left him single into his 30's? You did a great job showing his reluctance to get too deep too quickly in a relationship, hinting at something more in his past? Last question, did they make it? ;) 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent writing and a really charming story. A pleasure to read a story on this site (which I'm quite fond of) where words. grammar and syntax are what they should be. The only other author who consistently expresses herself in like manner, is BLACKRANDI 1958, whose stories are really great reads. Thank you for a five star story.

MoMiner64MeteMoMiner64Meteabout 1 year ago

Great story - really enjoyed it. The writer really hooked the readers into sympathy for the woman being very cold sitting on the front steps of his home.

Most Engineers are very methodical and think very logically but, this guy seemed to be paranoid about his identity being disclosed. His reason was that his boss would can him for being a writer of erotica but, that would not likely have held up i a court of law with all the attendant consequences. Why do many companies require their employees to sign Non-disclosure agreements? It seemed like the author took his concern about his identity a little too far. He could have printed a copy without any attribution of one or more of his works for submission to the agent. Or he could have required the agent sign an NDA beforehand. MM

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I will totally side with Marc. If he wishes to remain anonymous, Nikki's little tantrum would have ended us. No means no, remember?

Her pussy is not made of gold, and fucking Marc gives her no special privileges to pry into what he wants kept private.

vitochivitochi4 months ago

Well “anonymous”, Marc can continue to be anonymous and keep his secret identity and be ALONE. But, if he truly values Nikki and wants to marry her then he must demonstrate his trust by being completely open and honest with her. She went over the top and was impatient, but she was correct.

Btw, really enjoyed the story. 😁

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

SIMILAR Stories