All Comments on 'A Means to an End'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
auguy86auguy86over 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks for reading!

I hope you enjoyed my little story. If so, I'd appreciate a 5 star rating for the Summer Lovin' Contest. Also, you can follow me on Twitter @auguy86 for my latest updates on all my stories. Shameless plug over, thanks again for reading!

random_librarianrandom_librarianover 6 years ago
Damn you

Damn you for making me cry.

Damn you for being so fucking talented as a writer, just when I'm finally inspired to start writing again.

Damn you for bringing some real depth and motivation to familiar archetypes.

Okay, enough sarcasm -- this is a beautiful story that I only rated 5 stars because 6 wasn't an option. Masterful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderful feel-good love ...

We don't often get to read this kind of story on Lit. The sex was incidental to your overall theme. Your character development was so detailed that we actually got to know them as people not sex machines. We were able to experience their feelings, and I don't mean the physical feelings aroused by sex. I mean the purity of their emotions, their thoughts, their motives. You have crafted one of the best stories I have read on Lit. And, I must admit, I was moved to tear up. Again, this was terrific and satisfying. Thank you.

bimmusa02138bimmusa02138over 6 years ago
OMG I loved it

You have such a great way with words and your character development and having such dram and real life situations. I loved it when you had his mother come back and tell him to move on and to have Nina Hartley retire and marry Steve's dad was terrific.

I did love the entire story and did vote 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Redeeming

5 stars for sure.... anytime a person redeems themselves by escaping the porn industry gets my full support

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Fantastic!!

Love the story!! Shows that true love, family, and a bit of fantasy can exist together!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great, great story

You showed that humanity, honesty and courage can be found anywhere! You just might have redefined romance inmy mind!

pwdinblewpwdinblewover 6 years ago
Sweet

Good character development. Predictable plot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sweet

It was truly sweet. Little long on the story development and happy that it wasn't porn star rolls through Florida. The Nina Hartley angle was bit much, as you bypassed that she's in a long term FMF relationship,

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very nice story

BUT why author would make your leading character a WHORE??? she sells her butt for money. that is not even remotely erotic. YOU IDIOT the average porn actress is DEAD, yep six feet under within three years. THAT IS REALITY!!! MOST are on drugs have nothing but hate for themselves. ZERO respect for anyone and especially for themselves. so dead porn star is erotic??????????? so 5 stars for a good story, but I'll give you 3 for ruining a decent girl.

Johnny0432Johnny0432over 6 years ago

I read the whole story. it's basically a very well written story, but please re-write the story. There is NOTHING erotic about a skank whore. Good girls DO NOT sell their bodies. This story has potential to be a 4.95 love story. It's never happened, but I can see a great writer here...5 stars, but make your leading lady a lady...

mordbrandmordbrandover 6 years ago
@johnny0432

Aren't we a bit of a sanctimonious prick? Never been poor or underprivileged? So she was in porn, she quit and she tried to live a better life. It isn't like she was cheating on anyone or backstabbing somebody. Or are you one of those people that believe in mortal sins? Get over yourself, you knew right at the start she was in porn and that this was a romance. Probably should have stopped reading right at the very beginning.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 6 years ago
A wonderful romance!

That's what this story is.

Having written the wonderful romance between Dave and Maddie, you have surprised me with this emotional story of love and redemption.

Very well done Auguy86, for me, you have overcome again.

As for the derogatory remarks about Jaime being a whore, I do not agree. She came to California pursuing a dream, and it was the circumstances that led her to that kind of job. And, even more important, it was she who fought to get out of that job. If you read the story well, Jaime did not dedicate himself to a life of alcohol and drugs, she saved everything she could for a better future out of that porn business. And Craig was the best incentive to do so.

Would not that have merit?

Are you going to tell me that none went to see the movie "Pretty Woman"?

And you're going to deny that you've all seen a porn movie? Let's not be hypocritical please, you see porn but then you repudiate the girls who play it, but not before watching the movie. How much falsehood has the human being ...

5 * for you Auguy86, has been a great job and a very dignified end.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

rnebularrnebularover 6 years ago
Wow

Good story and nice little romance. I am a bit puzzled at some of the reader comments though. The while point of this story was a girl that wanted better in her life. She had a job that was just her plan to move herself up. She wasn't working a dangerous corner or alley somewhere.

Thanks for sharing.

arrowglassarrowglassover 6 years ago
Love happy endings...and getting there was well done too!

Really enjoyed this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Not a fairy tale.

Not counting the odd spelling mistake, a rather well written and cute story.

However, as much as it is positively saccharine, it is also incredibly shallow. Even fairy tales have a dramatic middle part, for if you never see the evil sorceress at the top of her power, how are you to appreciate the fantastic miracle that allowed the hero to save the day, all thanks to the power of love? In contrast, Jaime is practically handed her happily ever after on a silver platter.

Especially the dramatic high point of the story, the fight between Craig and Jaime, is almost ridiculous in how the characters are forced to act out of character for what we've been told about them up to that point in the story. And the fact that the reader is expected to believe that it took angelic guidance, a divine intervention, a LITERAL deus ex machina to set Craig straight does nothing but cheapen Craig's character.

All in all, a good effort with a unique setup and good execution, but mediocre world building and characterization.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Dammitt!!!!!!!!!

I hate getting choked up like that.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 6 years ago
Enjoyed the idea...

...of your story, of a porn star trying to redeem herself--and she does. Quite a bit of it is plausible although not all.

I believe you fleshed out Craig, Steve, Jaime and Craig's mother well. I buy who you added as supporting cast, like CNN anchors, the reporting, Nina H and Alexis. The director even sounded like the domineering kind that does try to take advantage of women. So when you moved from her taking a vacation to Apalachicola, FL to escape, you chose well because I not only know the area but you described it well for Jaime's catharsis. I'd say you handled 85% of all the elements you submitted quite competently. It delighted me to see Rocco get his comeuppance and Craig get to pursue his dream with Jaime in tow.

The part I can't buy is how Nina Hartley hooked up with Craig's father. It was actually big news years back that Ron Jeremy helped a father find his missing teenage daughter that might have gone into porn, but I've never heard of Nina H doing similarly (at least for sake of this story). While there is a Cosmo article stating that she indeed doles out advice, the Internet search did not show proof of it. That aside, it is obviously very unlikely Nina would hook up with Steve while still running her empire, as it would overrun Apalachicola with pervs and sex-starved fans. You do make it quite real to show college-aged kids gawking over Jaime by happenstance, however.

This is a very competent entry for the contest and most of it seems very possible: we certainly can understand a porn star (or a newer entry) wanting to get out of the business--especially because so many die around 40 and few make it to the age of Nina H and still have both a career and a great life. I personally would have had Craig give his dad permission to "move on," but realistically would not have expected a resolution here. Your timing to resolve Jaime and Craig was spot-on, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Damned good

Good story, well-told.

Thank you

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Nope

I think page four Craig had the right of it, having his dead mother come back to talk to him and presumably set his head straight is just lunacy.

Had alot of promise to begin with but did not end a romance.

Just another case of the manipulative woman wrapping the love-blind fool around her little finger, it will all end in tears.

His dads relationship at the end is just another hallucination.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
One trusts the lesson has been learnt

Works both ways.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story!

The story line was just awesome, and well said. The characters were believable and made sense to the story. Keep writing in this style and you will go far!

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 6 years ago
Enjoyed This

Sweet & timely considering the way women are not only speaking out, but also finally being heard! One small little nit to pick, you have obviously never been horseback riding in shorts because it is extremely uncomfortable. Long pants for comfort & boots for safety are a must.

OldfatanduglyOldfatanduglyover 5 years ago
I like this story

Being a bit of a grammar Nazi, I have a great appreciation for the very few authors on this site who employ proper language mechanics in their writing. One previous commenter said something about a few misspellings in this story, but if there were any, they must not have been glaring, because I didn't spot them.

I will nitpick one small thing: the way Alison K's dialogue is written, with the dropped g’s and such, evokes (at least in my mind) a southern and/or country drawl. I've listened to many of her interviews, and I can attest that except when she is being silly or mimicking someone else, she generally doesn’t speak that way. Alison grew up in Champaign, Illinois, and speaks middle-American English, with little discernable accent. Having said that, I recognize that this is primarily a fantasy website, and as such, the stories contained herein do not have to be completely realistic in order to be entertaining. It was just an observation.

This is only the second of this writer’s offerings that I have read, but based on those two, I intend to read the remainder of his catalog.

mikie_1_99mikie_1_99over 4 years ago
Great story

Easily in my top 3 and I bet I've read close to 500 stories here.

sexymeupsexymeupover 4 years ago
another great story

this was the 2nd story I have read of yours, I gave it 5 stars. again I was impressed with your writing. It kept my interest all the way to the end and I love your endings. I think you would do well to write a book of short stories and get it published and it would sell well I think. I myself have had 3 books published, one was a smut story just to see if I could do it and it turned out well, all 3 of mine were short stories. It is refreshing to read your stories, you write very well and not like some other writers who rush their work and don't edit or proofread before posting, they could learn a lot from just reading your stories by the way they flow. keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Are you redheadredemption?

Paige j

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I'm supposed to be studying by now, because of your work, I'm hooked to this excellent writing of yours. Screw you for not allowing me to study and you should start a small novel. You're one great writer.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 4 years ago
Great Story!!

Hey Gold Guy, I really enjoyed this story. You have a keen and very creative mind. This tale is a bit different than the normal Lit. romance stories. Kudos

caryzfieldcaryzfieldabout 4 years ago
Wow!!

That was the best story I have ever read. I couldn't put it down. It was fabulous and extremely well written. Keep up the great work

LT56linebackerLT56linebackerover 3 years ago
Cute story....

Not my usual fare, but it needed to be told .Unfortunately, the bum lived. No reason ever to hit a woman. Unless it's a spanking. 5 stars, the Bear approves. But, THE Nina Hartley ???

The BEAR

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What a wonderful and warm love story. Well written and had great characters. Just got to love how the love story became a double happily ever after both both Craig and Jaime and his dad and Nina. 5 stars

PtolomeiPtolomeiover 3 years ago
Fantastic!

This was one of the best stories I’ve read. Well thought out and well written. Fantastic!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

WONDERFUL STORY! I was wishing Nina & Steve would get together. Please write more on this, as we didn't hear about asswipe Rocco, and what ever happened to Alexis. Jaime is about to star in her most famous part, BEING A MOTHER. Craig saw it long ago, as she held that beautiful little one. She's a natural for this part, her name is MOMMY, and while GOD sent her around the barn a few times, HE gave her the best gift, wife and mother. Please write more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story. Although it's fiction, it is not that far-fetched. Those young girls learn they need true love and when she carries a little one on her hip, the past is forgotten and her name has changed. It's MOMMY, and don't try to hurt her cub, because momma bear will protect her cub and her husband.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

This was a wonderful story, l loved it. More please…..

Scores a well deserved 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you, life take many interesting turns and your story… (sex is part of most peoples life’s) this could be real. Nicely done and a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed your story

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

[24.07.22]

Very sweet und Romantique!

11/10!!!!!

GuyGamerGuyGamerover 1 year ago

Good story, saw the SteveXNina thing coming a mile away but it was an enjoyable read all things considered :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The lack of recent stories from the author is proved to be a great loss by this masterpiece.

If you love redemptive Romance stories it doesn't get any better than this tale. Enjoy it and let others now about it.

THC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

10 stars!. When Rocco slapped Jaime across the face , somebody should have nearly beat him to death. I would imagine that, and drug and alcohol abuse is common in that line of work...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Well... must say I enjoyed this story quite a bit. Perhaps a bit fantastical, but writer M.H. Barton shows talent, and also tells a good tale. Perhaps also a bit overdone on the geographic connotations though. First, who doesn't know Alison Krauss, as in she's a bit more famous than, say, Lady Antebellum or The Wailing Jennys (yes, Canadian!). The South has always produced and fostered some wonderful music. And, despite some strong cultural differences, there are plenty of upright, moral, family-loving Californians, including transplants to the Upper Midwest like myself, and there are some great places in the South like Nashville, albeit some real crazies down there to. And if you want porn, just tune into the YouPorn internet circuit among Tampa, Florida's younger retirees. I know, because I have visited down there for old friends after my wife of 31 years died. Not my thing but still many nice people there who, well, enjoy living to the fullest. And Florida has it's own things, like hosting neighboring Congressman Matt Goetz who has nothing on the story's nasty porn director. I actually met a retired porn star some years ago from Los Angeles at a gem show in Atlanta who had built a good retirement business there, and reminded me of a Nina Hartley type. She had a native Atlantean husband who owned a restaurant/bar business and we became good friends over geological interets. So it's nice to read an enjoyable story which highlights that good people still exist across the cultural divides and geographic morass our country has become. Kudos to the author for his efforts. Thanks!

Chiara23Chiara2312 months ago

An image of Dolly Little popped into my head at Jaime's description! Yes I'm a woman and a fan of Dolly's. Such a shame she didn't get treated better in the business. She certainly deserved it. I hope her new life is full of love and joy wherever she is.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A porn star is a whore no matter what.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Life is about choices. You choose to be in porn, you choose to be treated as such.

WoodencavWoodencav6 months ago

Such a great storey. Such a shame about the two negative comments immediately below, Pornstars are people just like anyone else, they deserve respect, the word slut is such a terrible word, no one deserves to be called that. The fact that those two below are reading stories on this site, means they get their kicks from sexy stories and I guarantee that they watch porn also, if they enjoy watching and reading about their so called sluts what does that make them, sluts also???

Anyway the storey gets ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ from me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...

SIMILAR Stories