All Comments on 'A Monster Life Ch. 40-42'

by SciFurz

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

What happened to Ulric only being able to talk to those bonded with him? Suddenly he's talking to Conchim and Royle and they're responding when there's no bonded girl near him to translate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Talking

Ulric gained a new ability when he bonded with the mage(?)... A "parrot" icon for the ability to speak with others.

SciFurzSciFurzabout 4 years agoAuthor

@ anonymous

See the end of chapter 27. :-)

I made it more clear in chapter 28 in the published volume.

TJSkywindTJSkywindabout 4 years ago

On checking my Kindle for PC, I found I have 56 listings for this guy who writes under the name SciFurz. I see I will check the Zon for new offerings. I may fuss with is punctuation, but I continue to be amazed at his seemingly effortless ability to write good stories and create entertaining and unique characters. If you run into SciFurz and he sees someone gobsmacked in the corner, let him know the visitor is harmless; he's just here to say hi.

I'm continuing to enjoy this series. As well as hoping fervently that he will take pity and make new episodes of Daily Life with Furry Girls, Abandoned with the Enemy (and Meeting the New Enemy), and Penumbrials.

Thanks for sharing! 5* Slainté

SciFurzSciFurzabout 4 years agoAuthor

@ TJSkywind

And the nominee for best weirdest fan goes to.. :-p

*feeds scraps of drafts to the visitor* Don't tell anyone, but I have the draft volume 3 of DLwFG open to continue chapter 26.

*slides another beer* Slainté!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Looking forward to the next installment and hoping you are staying safe in all this

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Great story and writing. Looking forward to future chapters. Has Uric bonded with the harpy yet, they have communications like the rest but everyone else is through the link?

Jedi_KhanJedi_Khanabout 4 years ago
I've been wondering...

I just binged this series on a whim and it's a decent read. Kinda sad that I now have to wait for the next installment. Hate it when that happens.

But I've been wondering about something. How are the girls talking with Ulric? The lack of visual differentiation (i.e. italics vs. no italics) between verbal dialogue and talking via the familiar bond is throwing me off a little, at least when it's not explicitly stated that he's sending across the familiar bond. Are they always talking to him with their minds, never speaking out loud unless they're talking to someone else, or do they actually speak to him and all others hear back from him is some grunts and growls?

And on that same thread, how has Ulric been talking to other people since bonding with Val? I figure the ability he got from her bond, Parrot, allows him to understand the spirits and whatnot, but is it a passive ability that actually allows him to vocalize in more than growls and barks? Is he actually speaking in the human language or is he perhaps broadcasting his thoughts like with the familiar bond, but on a general frequency that others can pick up?

And while I'm think about it. The harpy, Conchim. Does she have wings for arms like the more traditional style of harpy, or does she have arms and wings both? It's been hinted that she has both arms and wings, but not explicitly stated.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSciFurz@SciFurz
Check the changelog for announcements on published e-books and chapter releases, drawings, and other writing and art: https://scifurz.wordpress.com (also if you want to support me) and there's https://mastodon.art/@scifurz as well for daily micro fiction. Enjoy your reading...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES